3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   back door friends #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40800-back-door-friends-4-a.html)

lakelog 06-18-2004 12:20 PM

Hi guys. I got the fridge. yesterday and it's so roomy. It took a while of course to cool down and we have the ice maker partially hooked up. Dh will have to cut off main water line to finish up maybe after work this evening. It's been so hot here. It's 86 already at noon here. We have to window AC's and the one in my bedroom will nearly freeze you off but the one in the living room just seems to be backing up hill. The guy my DH bought the one in the BR from said it was same BTU but it doesn't seem like it and I really doubt it. I believe the BR is bigger. If we could have some clouds or rain every once in a while then that would help. But then our camper roof needs new caulking on a seam and it is leaking in rain. We have to do something about that soon because we leave for beach on July 3rd and that's not far off. My MIL wanted to have a yard sale tomorrow but I haven't heard anymore about it. I need time to get some stuff out so hope I hear soon.

Rosey I hope you enjoy the time alone over weekend. What was the cookware people going to cook for you? Do you get the free meal whether you purchase or not? Will you get to Bingo this weekend? I havent heard anymore from my ebayer harasser but I was told she would bother me for a week and move on so I guess she saw she wasn't getting nothing from me and went to next victim. Are the kids out of school over there for summer?

Summer I really feel for Buddy and hope that things can calm down for him so you guys can all have a dinner for him. I think you're just going to have to plan it and then as quick as he's able to do it, just run in 20 minutes time and get together. :lol: Are you guys gonna do anything for the 4th of july? Going to play mooselodge anytime soon? My grandpa started his radiation this week and today is 3rd treatment. He's doing real well so far and doesn't even feel them. I think they are wanting to do 42 of them.

Donna how is the pool coming along? Have you taken any pictures of it recently? When do you guys plan on heading to MB next? I'm looking foward to being there for a while but I would have liked to have paid our $330 balance down some more before leaving. I hate for most of our money to be paid on that. We like to rent a golf cart too and it's nearly $200 for a week. Does Elena still play with the new neighbor?

Daphne it's nice to hear from you. The same thing happens to me with the email notification. I read them and forget I haven't been back on this site so it will start sending them to me again. Are you making cards anymore? Are things better with Jason you and Robert or are you just hanging in there until you can "dump" robert for a while? No the snake we had wasn't poisonous. It was a black rat or a "king" snake. We do have copper heads and rattlesnakes around here though although we haven't seen them. My dad kills about a dozen every summer and they are poisonous.

Dee, Kris hope you can update us soon. Ken what's up with you? You are the one that always made us envious with that weight loss. Have you given up on your beer or something? :lol: I have gained about 3 to 4 pounds back as well and have to get back with it soon here. It's just too hot to do anything but eat cold stuff or drink a lot and I think a lot of mine is actually water gain cause I do drink a lot in this heat.

Well I better post this before it's "poofed". :lol: Hope you all have a super friday.

akrosey49 06-18-2004 04:00 PM

Hi everyone..im here all alone and loving it for now anyways..the dh left this am and wont be back till monday..if the weather is bad it could be longer..they are going halibut fishing to so hope he brings home fish..my dd left this am for anch she is babysitting for her sister this weekend..i have lots to do.. and hopefully i wont be lazy and just play :lol: mr ken thanks for letting me be a barbie doll.. am sorry for your gain..do you retain fluid like i do.. as my wt can flucuate like that too..anyways you will do well this week right :lol: ..dana am so happy you got a new refrig..new things are so much fun..did you make any crafts to take to mb this yr??..summer hows the exercising going??im still sore..donna.. have you got a moment for yourself after the big party??does elana like being in plays??how fun for her..daphnee..hows it going?? are the kids behaving??i dont envy any of your hot weather :dizzy: im hoping its not real hot when we leave in july..will check in later think skinny everbody(((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

dlzbth 06-18-2004 11:27 PM

Mr. Ken, maybe your weight gain is due to your medication? :?: :shrug: I can understand your disappointment.

rosey, enjoy your Me time. I miss those days. LOL

Elena did GREAT on her last theatre workshop tonight. She had multiple parts. It was so very cute. :) :D

Dana, it's too hot isn't it? The pool has been a nightmare. The liner is not in and it's all due to bad financial practice of the guy they were doing business with. He is really suffering from this along with some others he has let down as well. My bil has to find someone else to finish the job and in turn will cost another grand or more. We got rained on in Greenville today but it was dry as a bone at home when we came home tonight. I have to agree with you with the two AC's. One has to be stronger. We do not go to MB until August. I hope that is. If my Dad is moving into his new house we will have to postpone it. We are going to Kansas City in less than two weeks now. Looking forward to that. :)

Summer, I'm sorry that Buddy's dinner was cancelled. This is very sad for all of you and Buddy too I'm sure. I'm still praying for him and Bert. How is the exercise today? You go girl!!!! :dancer:

Well, gotta get my dh out of the recliner and into the bed. It's always something! LOL :lol:

akrosey49 06-19-2004 03:00 PM

Morning everyone :coffee: its so beautiful here today and yesterday the same and by evening my house felt like a sauna :lol: i went out on the deck last evening and filled the dogs little swimming pool and dangled my feet to cool off..i talked to my mom and minnesota is having a cool summer sofar so hope it stays that way as i do not like it real hot :cool: my dogs are mopping around.. they miss my dh..so do i sorta :lol: :?: :lol: but its nice to have the break.. so what are all of your plans for this weekend..i have plenty to do but it seems im just puttering around and not doing what im suppose too..trying to stay away from snacking :?: have agreat day everyone..((((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

hefty1 06-19-2004 03:42 PM

:wave: dana i am still having the beer maybe thats why i gain. have fun rosey with no dh
try to stay from the frig, except for healthy snacks :lol:
:) glen

summer1 06-19-2004 10:52 PM

Hello Everyone......
I am sorry that I havent been in here.. We have had some pretty bad storms this week....We had rain when I tired to walk the track and Thursday at the Gym My water class lasted all of 10 minutes it started storming and lightening and they made everyone get out of the pool and the big whirlpool and we never had a chance to finish the class..The storm was bad..we went home and I didnt get on the pooter because of it..Then Firday I was so busy with errands..hair cut.. getting car washed and trying to get ready to go see Buddy at the hospital and take his Lemon cake.We did go to see Buddy and another storm came and it was really bad with lightening again and thunder.. I truley was scared for awhile.... We had friends with us to see Buddy and after all that we al went to dinner..The storm finally calmed down around 10:00 and we came home.. It was something else. I dont know if anyone of you saw anything about the east coast geting hit hard with storms or not..but I sure hope its over for us..I dont want to see anymore of those..Tomorrow is Fathers Day..and I amtaking my hubby out to Dinner at the Texas Steakhouse that just opened in out area.. I have heard good things about it...Good food and service..Great prices.. so we shall see..
Monday I will see if I have reached my mark to change my "Little Chickie"..
I sure hope so...I did eat a backed potato with dinner Friday but I didnt eat all that day.. so I hope it didnt hurt me.. I sure tell the difference in not having a class Thursday... I hope that nothing stops my class Monday..but I think or I hope that all the storms are behind us for now..
We are planning a 4th of July pool party.. for some of us.. There will be a formal pool party catered and all on the 10th of July and another one in August I think... So I will be busy with helping fo that.. I am looking at different digital cameras to buy.. Do any of you have any suggestions on which kind to buy?? I appreciate your input...Thank-you All..

Daphne... I am so glad to hear from you...I sure hope that things are better for you...Thank-you for sending your Love to Buddy.. I will tell him.. That will cheer him up... I pray that he can come home this coming week.. He looked better this time than last and I am praying he will doing better this time..Again Let me say Thank-You for all your Thoughtfullness and Kindness and very Sweet concern for him.. You are such a Wonderful Person and Friend. I am truly Blessed to have you in my life...
I hope that you like your hair cut....if you got one....Wow you have really long hair... I could not manage my hair if it was that long..You must be a real good stylist.....My hats off to you Sweetie.. I hate blow drying my hair and it takes a long time cause I have thick hair.... My hair was longer when I was younger but the older I got the shorter my hair got.... I have it not quite to my shoulders now..thats long enough for me to handle.. :lol:...
I got a good Haircut Friday for a change....We didnt get lightening on our walk just rain..but we got alot of lightening and thunder at the Gym Thursday and more of the same Friday.. It was bad.. Lights flickered and the winds were high.. Scarey.. I had to laugh at what you said about it raining there and you always walking in it.. I never thought about it untill you said that.. I always heard that Washington State had alot of rain.. I dont like the rain..or cloudy dreary days.. I love the sunshine and warm temps and nice breezes...In a nut shell.."The Beach"..thats me...Have a wonderful time on your trip to Janson's Parents and enjoy your "YOU" time..
Have a great weekend and HAPPY FATHERS DAY :love: :wave:

Rosey.. Thank-you for your kindness and concern for Buddy..
God Bless you Rosey for your friendship and being here for me and everyone else here... I appreciate all your concern for my friends and all the kindness you have shown..You are a wonderful person and friend..
I am truely blessed to have you in my life..
I sure hope that one day we can have the dinner with him and all his friends..I am glad you are getting some "Rosey Time"...but I am sure you do miss him too...
I am really looking forward to class on Monday.. Due to the I have only did 1 class last week...I am sorry that you are soar from the classes.. I would ask the instructor at Curves if you will be soar all the time and what if anything can you do to help that....I sure hope it gets better for you real soon and
I want you to know that I admire you so very much for still going when it hurts....You Go Girl... You are doing it.. :dancer: :encore:
Take a bow Rosey.. :encore:...You have earned it..In everyway girlfriend..
I hope if you go to Bingo you win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. I am like you.. I can always find something to do but there are days I dont want to do anything..

Dana...Thank-you for all the kind concern for Buddy....We have to wait and see when he will be up to dinner and if he is everyone knows it will be last minute-sorta notice and they all understand that..
God Bless you too Dana for all your kindness and friendship and being her for me and everyone else too and for all your concern you have shown for my friends...You are a wonderful person and friend..
I am truely blessed to have you in my life..
I am so happy that your fridge is there and all hooked up and working..
I know that you will love your ice maker...We had one in our other place.. We dont have one here and I really miss it.. Iamthinkinbg you are right about the difference in air conditioners.. Sounds like the bedroom one is bigger..
I hope that it cools down soon for you all.. I had shiivers and :yikes: when I read about the snakes your Dad kills every year.. Oh..Thats so scarey to me.
I am glad that the snake in your yard is gone..
I know you musy be releived that crazy woman is leaving you alone on ebay..I cant get over all of that.. Unreal...
I know that you will have a great time at MB.. I will be thinking of you..
I sure wish I could be there when you are there....Maybe next year.. Its hard for my hubby to get off aorund that time.. alot of people take vacations in July with his company.. so he waits untill September to go to MB..We have gone in July.....but its always been towards the end of July..Maybe one day...
who knows... I know you will have a great time..
I am glad to hear that your Grandfather is doing good with his radiation treatments...God Bless him..42 treatments is alot...
I have him in my prayers and wish him all the best with his treatment....We arent playing for the 4th this year.. So far we havent done a whole lot this summer..because we really have been concentrating on losing weight and exercising so we havent been pushing the DJ thing alot..
I know that next year will be better for that...Thank-you for asking about it..

summer1 06-19-2004 11:14 PM

I had to start another post.. I was afraid I would lose itall if I didnt..

Donna.... Thank-you too for all your kindness and concern for Buddy and Bert....God Bless you Donna for your friendship and being here for me and everyone else in here.... I appreciate all your concern for my friends and all the kindness you have shown....You are a wonderful person and friend..
I am truly blessed in having you in my life..
Thats wonderful about Elena's theater workshop and how good she was..
I know you are so proud of her and I am happy that she is having so much fun.. She is truely one lucky little girl to have such a wonderful Mom to make her summer vacation so wonderful....
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's pool.. Now days it so sad how people get ripped-off by bad contactors.. It goes on here all the time.... I hope that the contractor can be made to pay for what he did...I hope that the pool is finished real soon..You all will need it with all the heatwave going on...
Have fun on your trip to Kansas City... and I know that in August you will be having much fun in MB... I will keep my fingers :crossed: for you..

Mr Ken... I am sorry about the weight gain... Maybe its meds like Donna said..
Have you ever tried Fake Beer. There is a beer here called O'Douls..
It has no alcohol and My hubby says it tastes like real beer.. He has diabetes and he cant have alcohol.. He was never a big drinker anyway so that was never a prob..but sometimes he likes a cold beer..and this fits the bill and its not as many calories as real beer....I am not saying that you are a big drinker or anything I just meant that if you like a beer now and then..try this one.. I am sure you will get back on track....

Kris.....Dee..... I miss you all and I am sure you are busy with everything going on in your lives.. Please post when you can...
Have a great weekend and HAPPY FATHERS DAY:love: :wave:

summer1 06-19-2004 11:25 PM

Good Night Everyone...
Enjoy tomorrow with your Husbands....Dads.....and familys..
Much :love: Many :grouphug: and God Bless.....and

HAPPY HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS

akrosey49 06-20-2004 04:36 PM

Hi everyone..another beautiful sunny day here..i have been busy blessing my house esp the kitchen..i made myself commit today to work first paly later :lol: ..i feel alasps of memory comming on :lol: hope you are having a great day and honoring all the fathers in your lives..HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the daddys,husbands,and grandpas..(((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave:

summer1 06-21-2004 10:02 AM

Hello Everyone..
I hope that all the Dad's had a great day...We went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner... Its a new Steakhouse resturant here.. Only been open 3 weeks..It was really good and very busy.. We had to wait for a table..but it was well worth it....I had a steak and bake potato and salad.. It was wonderful..Jim loved it too..We had chocolate yougart for dessert at Baskin-Robins..We love this flavor called Maui Brownie Madness..Its sooooo good..
I have alot going on today.. I have to take my friend for hand surgery at noon..She will have this done as a out patient..Its Car-pul-tunel ( sp ) Surgery.....Her other hand will be done later.. She is very uptight about the surgery and I hope I can calm her down..Tonight is water class too..
I will weigh in tonight.. I sure hope what I ate Sunday..doesnt effect the scales tonight.. I hope I made the 20 pound goal..but I will see..:crossed:
I will be very busy today.. I need to go to the grocery store..but that will have to wait untill later..Its never enough time in a day for me.....:lol:
Yesterday was a beautiful day.. Sunny skys not real hot in the low 80's..
Today its cloudy and its hot again.. I hope to get to the pool sometime this week..I need to talk to the new life guards about a night swim we have planned coming soon for the adults and check out the new work that was done to the upper deck..They put some kind of new coating on the concret..I want to see how it looks....So many things to do...:lol:

I hope that all of you are having a good Monday and I will try to get back here this evening to talk to all of you..
I miss all of you..:mag: :cb:
Much :love: to all....:wave:

dlzbth 06-21-2004 10:12 AM

I hope all goes well with your friends surgery today, Summer. :) My sister had that done a few years back.
It's a cloudy, rainy dark day here today. I feel like just sleeping but that can't be with a active 9 year old. LOL :)
Jim had a good Fathers Day yesterday and I think my Dad did as well. Shock of all shocks I actuallly gave him something he actually WANTED!!! ROFLOL My Dad is so hard to buy for. :( We went to a steak house too after church and last night I treated Jim and Elena to ice cream at Brusters. BUT Jim got up vomiting several times last night. I guess he's ok because he went to work today. :shrug:
I hope all goes well with everyone today. Dee, Dana, Daphne, Kris, Mr. Ken, Rosey, Summer I love you all!!! :love:

akrosey49 06-21-2004 03:00 PM

Morning everyone. :coffee: .another pretty day here.. the dh will be home sometime today..i did get the cleaning done yesterday now i dont want to cook as it looks to nice and i dont want to mess it up :lol: but the dh always comes home starving so need to have something ready..its been a peaceful restful couple of days.. i enjoyed the break..will check in later have a great day everyone (((((((hugs)))))))rosey :wave:

dabrat 06-21-2004 06:40 PM

Hi all my yayas. I have been enjoying our heat wave and sitting in my hot tub. I think I am totally water logged now though. We leave for Weed, CA on Thursday. I will post more later just wanted to say a fast hi to all ya!
Daphne

summer1 06-22-2004 10:36 AM

Hello...:wave:
Its a cloudy and very humid day today....Its suppose to rain today and it looks like it will happen.. I am doing laundry and cleaning.. I didnt get home untill after 7:00 yesterday..so I missed class... I didnt like that but there was nothing I could do.. I was to tired to go..
It was "murphy's law" yesterday.. I picked up my friend to take to the hospital.. She was late getting ready to leave.. Then she told me where to go...After we got to the hospital and checked in...we waited for awhile and they called her name we went to the check in desk and they said they could not find any record of her having sugery there today.. I asked them to call her surgeon's office and they did.. She was at the wrong place.. By the time I got her to the Surgery Center....they made her wait untill the last person for surgery that day..Both the surgery center and the hospital have the same first name..so maybe thats what confused her.. I dont know..
Needless to say I wasnt happy...but I know she didnt do it on purpose..
I think she was so scared about having it done she didnt hear Surgery Center....She just assumed it was at the hospital..I was really tired when I got home.. I took her home....then went and got her RX filled and waited for her daughter to come.. She has a 3 year gd at home.. so by the time I got home it was to late to go to the gym.. I was pooped...What a day..
I have to go to the grocery store in a bit and then it more laundry and cleaning...No pool today..No sun..:lol:Thats just as well..I ahve to much to do so I wont miss the pool today..
Buddy did come home Yesterday.. Thats good news....
Thank-you ALL again for all your kindness about Buddy.... You ALL are the BEST.... I appreciate all your prayers and concern so very much..
Bert is doing ok.... I am still talking to her family about assisted living for her.. I think she would be better off there...They have alot to offer her and she would never be alone...

Donna...Thank-you for the well wishes for my friend.. Everything did go well..surgery wise.. She was in alot of pain afterwards and they gave her alot of pain meds.. She has to have the other hand done plus her elbow..like you did for teninitus..( sp ). I think she has to have her neck to for a disc or something done too..She told me she was falling apart..she was joking..
Sounds like the Dad's had a nice Fathers Day..Thats great...
You all did the same thing we did.. Steakhouse and Ice cream..:lol:..I am sorry that Jim got sick.. Hope he is feeling better.. Was it the food???
I hope you can have some "You" time real soon....Its hard when you are tired and want to sleep in some.. Maybe you can do that soon...
Hope your weather is better there today than here..
Have a great day....:love: :wave:

Rosey.. I am glad you had some "you" time.. I know how much you enjoy it.
I know what you mean about not messing up the house after you clean..
Are the pot and pan people coming back this week???
I have so much to do today..Cleaning and laundry and grocery store..
Hope you are enjoing the day...Have a great day...:love: :wave:

Daphne...Glad that you are enjoying the heatwave in your hot tub....I am glad you are getting some relaxing time.....It so good to hear that you are getting some time for you....after all you have been through..
Have a great time on your trip to Cal....be safe...All us YAYA's will miss ya..
Have a great day... :love: :wave:

Dana....Kris.....Dee.....Mr Ken..... Where are you..:cb: :cb: :mag:
I miss you all.... Have a great day.....:love: :wave:

dlzbth 06-22-2004 11:17 AM

What's that sound???? Do you hear it? It is the sound of silence. I just dropped Elena off at the church for they are going today to the Zoo in Columbia, SC and she will be gone ALL day! :coffee: Any one who doesn't know me reading this will probably be saying to themselves "what a horrible mother" :dizzy: The freedom won't last though. We have a appt. with a pediatric specialist at 1:00 this afternoon and because it's going over the results of all the tests she had done at the end of the school year she doesn't have to be present. Good thing because she would of been very upset if she missed the Zoo. She LOVES :love: animals! I think I slept last night the best I have slept in weeks. I had a *talk* with my sister about a situation that was put on me and I feel it went well. It had to be the best timing and since it was about our Dad before the party or father's day was not the best time. So, the opportunity arose last night. It's such a fine line with family and I am dealing with a very sensitive situation. I really hope that all went as well as I felt it did during our conversation. The enemy did try to hinder the meeting though because it was a terriable rain storm on me on the way to her place and when I stepped out of the car to her condo the street was flooding. I got soaked to the skin through my socks and shoes. At least that incident made my entrance a little different because she was very stressed out on what I had to talk to her about. I did not want to go over it over the phone or email. It was too delicate. Enough with that, it's now over and I am so very much glad. It is now out of my hands. :)
Summer, what a mess you had yesterday. You are truly a wonderful friend to your friend for putting up with all that and I can truly understand why you were way too exhausted to go to your class after all that. They should of made it more clear to her about *where* since both have the same name except for the surgical center. I can understand her saying she is falling apart, she has alot going on with her. I sure hope the :rain: stops a bit so you can enjoy pool time at least this weekend. Glad Buddy is home now. It sounds like you need some "me" time. :) ;) :coffee:
Daphne, my sister just came home from a weekend trip to San Diego, California. She said they actually had to buy light jackets there. It doesn't get higher than the 70's and the lows were in the 60's in the evenings. What a difference, huh? We have had some real hot days too. Hot and humid now with the rain. But, at least it isn't draught conditions. My grass looks very nice and green! I hope your trip goes well and that you will update us before you leave. :)
Dana, I guess you are getting ready for your trip to MB next week. Did you get the roof, the AC and the refrigerator all taken care of? Sister's pool is still not done and it is a shame but with the rain lately we wouldn't been able to enjoy it so just as well. My Dad's house is really shaping up. The deck is in now and they are doing the drywall stuff now. Expected move in maybe in the end of July.
Rosey, I'm glad you had a break. Are you having pot and pan people coming? LOL That sounds funny. LOL When do you go to see your mother? Isn't it soon? I bet you are getting very excited.
Dee, I am very, very, very concerned about you. :mag: :cb: :mag: :cb: :write: :?:
Kris, you are probably having tea with the :queen: right about now. LOL I sure hope you are having a blast!!! I couldn't remember when you said you would be coming home. I miss you! :) :grouphug:
Mr. Ken try that non-alchoholic beer. It tastes just as good as the other. I hope your weigh in this weekend will be better for you.
Well, friends one week from today we will be on a plane to KC! I need to do so much but can't get going with this "free" time! :rofl: :lol3:
Have a great day and I'll post again! :write: :callme: :cp: :wave:
Donna