Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#88)

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: If Money Was No Object, Which One Body Part Would You Have Surgery On?
Theighs
10.00%
Butt
0%
Stomach
80.00%
Hips
0%
Breasts
10.00%
Face
0%
Neck
0%
Arms
0%
Love Handles
0%
I Would Never Do Any Surgery
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gayle--congratulations on the bird! My cat would probably really like it if I got a bird....

Shelley--What did Mike do to Becky's car? Is school finished for you yet?

Where is everyone? I miss you guys!

I lost 4 more lbs. at weigh-in this morning. I'm back to the weight I was when I originally joined 3FC back in '02. I'm glad. I was beginning to get pretty disgusted with myself. I had actually gotten up to 252 at one point and knew I HAD to DO SOMETHING!!! Anyway, I hope this downward trend lasts through my vacation next week....Mom and I are going to Branson for 2-3 days and I'm so excited!!

Cheryl
  • Cheryl-WTG!!! You are doing absolutely fantastic!!

Gayle-Please post a pix of Bosco. If you need to know anything, let me know. Just remember to be careful and don't feed many sunflower seeds!!

Cheryl-School is not out for the kids until the 26th. Mike has been working on Becky's old Honda 1987 CRX to get it looking good. It needed lots of TLC, and he certainly has given it even though it was at the last minute!

The days at school seem to go on forever right now. I can't believe it's only Tuesday! Do all of you that work in schools feel the same way, now that summer is near?
  • You are never going to guess what???? We are in the middle of a SNOW STORM!!! It was 86 here sunday and now it is snowing. It is going to continue til thursday. We have about 6 inches already. The only nice things I have to say about it is I won't have to water my flowers and I can stay in the house!

Cheryl you are doing great! Enjoy your time in Branson. Do lots of walking and you will do fine. Are you going to see any shows?

Gayle your a new mommy again! What color is he? I have seen some before and they are so cute!

Shelley your body fat is on the lower side now so it always take a lot longer to lose weight. Just keep doing what you are doing, the scale will move. You are doing the right things, like exercise and journaling. I know that it is discouraging when you work so hard and lose only one pound but I am sure that you would rather lose than gain that pound.

Sherry are you feeling ok? Where have you been. I hope that you are just busy with your mom and dad.

Ramona I pray for you and your family every day.

I enjoyed our trip down to the States. I shopped til I dropped and that didn't take to much but then Larry pushed me around in a wheel chair. I actually had less pain on the weekend than I have had in awhile. A lot of prayers must have gone my way. Please don't forget me now, today is a bad day and my morphine was even upped yesterday. When I went to see my doctor yesterday he noticed that I have nerve damage in my foot. I was wondering why I was always tripping on my foot and wrecking my shoes. He is going to send another letter to the surgeon and let him know that he is concerned of more permanent damage happenning. Maybe I will get to see the surgeon after all. I have been nauseated for the last few weeks. I can only tolerate so much morphine and that is it. They keep upping it and I feel sidker. The good news is I am losing weight. I have lost 10 pounds since March 1. Right on track for where I wanted to be with Debbie's summer count down. Thanks Debbie for inspiring me!
  • Dee-How much morphine are you taking in a day? Mike takes the timed release type.
  • Howdy

Where is everyone? Looks like I'm not the only one who's MIA! I've been so busy working everyday, painting, moving and going, going, going!! I'm really tired & sore and can't wait until it's all over!!

We got all of Mom & Dad's painting done and ALL of the big furniture in. All we have left is several small loads to move.With 40 years of accumulation, it takes forver!!

We are going to start painting & cleaning Mom & Dad's old house in the next week so hopefully we'll be moved in there by the end of the month.

Cheryl,
    WTG on the 4 lbs!!!! I know how happy you must be! Have a great time in Branson with your Mom!! Post when you get home and tell us all about the trip.

Dee,
    How do you feel? How's your back? Did you have any problems on the trip? Did you have a good time? Please post soon and let us know how you are.

Debbie,
    I know how happy you are that the pool is opened and the deck is all done. Now you can lay around the pool & relax and enjoy all your hard work that was put into it. I'm so proud of you for still staying OP and working out!! You'll be one hot mama in the pool this year!!

Shelley,
    I bet Becky's car looks great!! Hurry and post a picture!!! Don't worry about only loosing 1 lb. That's how I'm doing too. But I guess it's because we are working out so much that our fat is turning into muscle. I think you've done great and you give me so much motivation!!

Gayle,
    I bet your little bird is so cute!! Can you post a picture of him sitting on Mom's shoulders? (Hint-Hint!) I've been meaning to ask you...Are you still keeping those kids through the week? If so, with your classes and keeping them, you are staying busy!!!

Vicki & Ramona,
    How is your Mom? I'm still including them in my prayers.Please post soon and tell us how they are.Ramona...Is your Mom still not eating???

Carol,
    Are you still doing WW? Did you have a lost this week? BTW: How is your Mom?

Doni, Wanda,Tina & Jennelle....Where are you???? Hope to see a post from you soon!!! Love Ya!!!!

How was everyone's Mother's Day? What did you get? Chris is broke so I got a very pretty card with a real sweet letter.Drew gave me beautiful flowers.

Better get busy on my laundry. I love you guys!!
  • I was posting the same time as Shelley & Dee!!!!!

Shelley....Yes! The school days are soooooo long!!! I don't think the 20th will ever get here!!!!!

Dee....I'm so glad you posted!! I'm so sorry that you're still in pain and having to take so much morphine.I wish I could take away all your pain.Hopefully you'll be able to see a surgeon soon!! I can't believe you have snow!!!! That is so wild! I hope it doesn't kill your flowers. Thanks for asking about me. Yes, just busy with moving Mom & Dad. This bod is wearing down fast. I don't know how much more I can go. I love you Dee!!
  • Shelley I am taking 50 mg time released and 3 short acting morphine pills. Not sure what the dose is on them. Plus I am on 3 arthrotec which are anti-inflamitories and 10mg of amitriplyline for pain and to help me sleep, it is also a mild anti depresent. I am not depressed though. How much morphine is Mike on? Is he nauseated too? I am going to start taking gravol for it.

Debbie glad that your pool is open. Our's is open for skating!
  • I'm going to be off work from this Thursday until Monday the 24th. A loooonnnng vacation--which I am so needing. If I'm able to remember how to log onto the computer when I get back, I'll update everyone. Not sure which shows we're going to see yet, I know we'll go to at least two. And, of course, we'll hit all the outlet malls.

I'm trying to figure out how much heavier my suitcase will be if I take my scales along with me!

Dee-I can't believe you're having a snowstorm! It's almost June-is this normal for y'all's weather? Your back problem sounds very similar to what happened to an ex-boyfriend's dad several years back. He was on tons of meds, too. One day, he could barely get around, he had surgery, three weeks later he was back to normal--hunkey dorey!

Sherry--glad you're getting things moved into your "new" house. Does it give you a sense of comfort to move into your parents' former house?

Gayle, my basset hound's name is Bosco.
  • Hello All:

I am alive and well. Not staying OP though. I did great for about 4 days and then I don't know what happened. I am so disgusted with myself. How can I let myself gain this weight back after I worked so hard to lose it last year. I am up 20 of the original 60 lbs I had lost!

Enough of that!!

Gayle: It sounds like Mama has a lovely new addition to her family. I remember when I was a little girl, my Mom had a parakeet that just adored her. It was great! Enjoy that lovely bird and so send a pic soon.

Debbie; Cheryl; Shelley; Sherry; Congrats to all of you for staying OP and losing that weight and/or inches. Your doing wonderful. It doesn't matter if it is a small loss or a large one, all of them count!! Keep up the great job your doing. I love you all!!

Sherry: Boy you sure are one busy gal. I bet you can hardly wait until all the moving is done and you can relax and reap the rewards of all your hard work!!

Dee: So glad you are posting, but so sad you have to be so drugged to keep the pain away. I hope they finally get things decided so you can get done whatever is needed so that you can return to a normal life!!! I am praying for you. SNOW OMG!!!

Ramona & Vicki: How are you doing? How are your Moms doing? Are you remembering to take a little time for you too!!

Shelley: Sounds like Becky is going to have one hot vehicle!!!

Debbie: Can I come get in your pool too???? Sounds just heavenly!! How is your mom? How is your job search coming? Bring me up to date girl!!

Doni, Wanda,Tina & Jennelle.... Come post.... miss you...

Sherry: Thanks for asking about my Mom. She is tired, but holding her own. She started her chemo 2 weeks ago again, with every other week getting the medicine called Astravin. The best we can hope for with the new med. is that it will keep the cancer at bay. It won't cure it, but hopefully it will keep it from growing. She may have to have this medication indefinately if it works. Please pray it works!!!

Dad is getting weaker every week. I can see it. He complains of being weaker and he never did that before. I don't know how long he will be able to get around with his walker but I hope at least for the summer so he can get out and enjoy the sunshine. He has had a few spells where he gets so weak he almost falls, so we worry about that too. He has so many things wrong with him it is a guessing game which is going to flare up next. Mom and Dad won't let us get them any help yet, so I worry about Mom handing all the day to day things when we are all at work.

I don't like to complain about things to all of you. We all have things going on in our lives that drag us down. I like to come here and find out all the fun and happy things that are going on. But I don't mind hearing about other peoples' problems either because it makes mine seem more bearable. Does that make sense??

Oh well, enough.

I better go now. I will check in with you all tomorrow. I will also try to start on WW again tomorrow!!
  • Hello strangers! It sounds like everyone is staying busy! I'm hopping try to stay up on the everyday stuff, plus get ready for a rummage sale in a few weeks. Oh, joy! this is my MIL's idea, I dread it every year.

Bosco is adjusting wonderfully! He enjoys nothing more then to sit on a shoulder or cuddle up on my lower neck. I can't believe how tame he is! He will actually listen and come right to you. he's a tiny little guy, green with touches of blue, only about the size of a sparrow or small canary. I've never really been around birds before, so this is a new experience.

Dee, when will you see the surgeon? YOU POOR DEAR! Don't worry about getting addicted to the morphine. It works differently on someone in pain compared to a person out on the street using it for recreation. Someone taking it just for the kicks will get a "high" compared to someone in pain, then the drug will search out the pain and be used right in that area for relief.

Cheryl, you are doing SUPER! Congrats on the pounds lost!

Ramona, I'm praying your mom will have some relief soon. I had a feeling all weekend that the time is getting closer. I love you dearly and if you need anything at all, I'm here.

Carol, I am struggling too with the weight loss. I know if I shut my mouth all would be better. I start out the day saying I'm going to stay OP, but by the end of the day I'm back to eating everything and anything. I wish both of us could find that special moment when it just "clicks" again and we get back into the weight loss mode.

Shelley, can you post a pic of the car? Did you get your transaction taken care of with the guy that was trying to screw you over?

Sherry, when you get done painting there in TN, I need some painting done here! I HATE to paint! UGH! I end up with more of the paint on me then the walls!

Well, dearies, I need to go, but before I do, will you say prayers again for my friend? This is the same one suffering from cancer. They just found some more tumors this past week and they are also worried the tumors on her brain are growing again. This poor lady has been through so much. She has had breast cancer twice, liver, lung, brain cancer and now tumors on her hip, leg and tailbone. She is a strong willed, spirited person, but I wonder how much more she can take. She actually was my babysitter with Liz several years ago. liz thinks of her as a second mom and I can't thank her enough for being there with Liz during my divorce and years as a single parent.

To all the Floozies I didn't write a personal note to, know I'm thinking of each and every one of you each and every day!
  • I'm sorry, Carol! I'm guilty of scanning the messages, I didn't realize your mom is doing chemo again. You probably really thought I was selfish for asking for prayers of a friend when I didn't even aknowledge the problems your parents are facing. Where is your moms cancer, if I may ask? Prayers are sent your direction and please keep us updated.
  • hello friends!
    shelly, gosh im sorry to hear bout the ebay thing.that sucks!
    glad to hear she got her car done and she likes it.

sherry,i dont know how to lighten it.
    darn!oh well.
    take it easy on yourself,moving is so taxing!

wanda,welcome back!im on ediets.

cheryl,WTG on all the pds lost!thats awesome!
    you go girl!

dee, how cool robin williams i love him
    SNOW STORM?egads!
    you take care of yourself to!

gayle,congrats on the new edition.
    ive not heard of them before.
    prayers going out to your friend.

carol,sorry to hear bout your parents,you and yours are in my prayers.

doni
  • Gayle-More prayers coming for your friend. BTW, Mike keeps telling me the same thing that you are telling Dee about the morphine, but after so many years, I know that he is addicted even though he is in pain.

Carol-You will get back OP when you are ready. Even part of the day is good! Look how you were able to stay OP for a few days. If I were you, I would journal all the food even if you are eating wrong. It shows you in black and white just what you need to do to improve on the days when you think that you can make it through OP!! Also, I am sending many prayers to your parents. It is so heartbreaking listening to all the sadness going on with our elderly parents. Mine are still in good health, knock on wood. Even though they are both 80, they are doing wonderful. It is so hard watching our parents age, as I'm sure it will be for our children watching us grow old.

Get this, the lady next door has banned her daughter from seeing Patty. I'm not sure what Patty has done. She tells me that she said some mean things to a friend of the girl online because she kept IMing her. I'm not sure how to take it. They are teenagers, and after seeing the really bad things that kids do, I really am not making a big deal of it, but the neighbor is homeschooled and has not been out there amongst all the real world of school. Do you think that I should be harder on Patty? She knows she did wrong, but the way I look at it, she gets good grades, has tons of friends, is a good kid. The mom went so far as to say that Patty needs therapy! She hasn't come and talk to me yet, but according to Becky she has said that she will be. I'm not sure what to say to her, because we have very different views of the way that we raise our children. She grounds Nicole for every little thing. I know some of you are from strong Catholic backgrounds. Tell me what you think.

On to work.......
    Have a great day!
  • STOP!!!!

Please Go To #89..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!