Old 04-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Chit Chat #45

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!! And we would love to have you join us!!!

So Please, Stop in and chat awhile!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Kathy and Marti,
I will have the film crew with me if I get the tv show I auditioned for today...its called Taking It Off check it out www.takingitoffonline.com
So anyways I will have them follow me around in my day to day life in the battle of the bulge. That means the gym,,,and other things going on in my life.
Well need to get to bed...night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Marti - sorry your g'ma is so bad... does she have something they can't do anything about? Hopefully they are giving her something for the pain? I don't watch American Idol or the Swan, whatever that is. But I do know who Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken are just from the talk shows, lol.

Rita - you were posting at about the same time as me.... hi and hope you stop by soon again!

Kathy - well, I have sort of 6 grandkids. DD Mary has a set of twins girls who are 22 months old and then also a 6 1/2 month old daughter. Her DH had a son by a previous marriage and he lives in Mississippi. I hardly ever get to see him. Then also, my son goes with a woman with 2 daughters, Ages 5 and 1. I love these girls and hope DS ends up marrying the momma. It was the 5 y/o who I joined for lunch on Monday, and it's a toss-up who had more fun.

Angie - omg!! I thought you were auditioning for another play! I thought the TV show thing was over, but I remember now that you said there was a mix-up and they were trying to call you. I watch I Lost It almost everyday - is this something similar? If you get on this show, you gotta mention the JLs, okay? I want to be in the audience!!!! I'll check out the web site.

ShannaBanana - hope you are feeling less depressed, sweetie. Stop by here more often and we promise to cheer you up!! All of the others are pure crazy, but not me, I am the sane one of the bunch, lol!!!! Anyway, we care about you and want to know that you are okay....

Well, I gotta go shopping today. Nothing fun on the list, just same old same old. I want to re-do something in the house - anything... do you ever get like that? I just need a change, I guess. My bedspread needs replaced, thanks to Chloe!! So maybe I could re-do the whole room?

Just for the record, I have been totally OP and drinking enough water! I never have done enough formal exercise, but get some by cleaning the house, working in the yard, running after grandkids, etc. The scale is showing no change yet, but maybe by Saturday it will.....

BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #4  
RosieKate

Good Morning, All!
Well, the walk didn't happen yesterday, though I did manage to do well foodwise. Today I should be able to get a walk in. DD woke up very early this morning, which means she should be taking an earlier nap, then we can have time for a walk before picking DS up from the bus stop. I'm considering joining the 21 day challenge - I'm thinking I might choose tracking my foods. I aspire to track my foods online, but I frequently forget to post my food after about 2 pm. So... I may see some of you over on that thread soon

Marti I'm watching AI for the first time this season and I'm surprised at how addicting it is. Red really needed to go... it was getting painful to watch him week after week. I was impressed by his poise for such a young age, but he still needed to go. What surprises me most is how often I agree with Simon - how crazy is that?

Angie The TV show sounds great - I'll check out the link....

Jana
- Kudos for staying OP and drinking your H2O - Keep it up.... your weigh in will be a good one - I can feel it
Old 04-29-2004, 02:09 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry

Hiya ladies~

I am getting mad. The grass guy never showed up yesterday and no phone call to let us know that he wasn't going to until 4:30. He said it was too windy for the seed that it would probably blow away. Well I do agree with that because yesterday the wind was AWFUL! You could barely stand out in it for long. Well, he called, actually one of his guys called this morning and asked if we still wanted the grass?? What! Of course we do! So he said it would be 1-1 1/2 hours before they could get here, fine. Turned around and called a little after 10 and said it would be noon, see ya then. Well, it is after noon and I am waiting. I swear if they are a no show I am cancelling it. This is terrible and I can't believe people run a business like that.

Okay, trying to calm down...breath....

Jana~yeppers, it was These Boots Were Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra, I just wanted to see if anyone knew the silly song like I do. I too had some white go go boots and thought I was hot! When I put my boots on now the kids will say something and then I have to sing the song. DD will be coming for sure. We like to pal around sometimes and really enjoy our time together. I know one day she will go off to be on her own and I will miss her so I am enjoying her while I can. I figured you were talking about Katie, but it would also be nice to meet Mary.

Marti~I hope the newness of a clean house doesn't wear off soon. I do like the look and smell of it being clean even if it doesn't last very long. Sorry to hear about your grandma. I do hope they are making her comfortable and she is not in pain. My grandma suffered so bad because at the time there was nothing they could do, and it was so sad to see. I catch a few minutes of American Idol once in a while. I kind of grew tired of it after the first one because of the way things went. Like RosieKate, I tend to agree with Simon also. I think for the most part he is always on the money. Of course there have been times I think he could have made his point without being so mean, but he is honest. Haven't seen Swan. After Paradise Island (think that was what it was called) I swore I wouldn't watch anymore reality shows, so far I haven't. Glad James passed the test, silly man, 99/100 is excellant!

Angie~keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes you do get on the show. That would be so cool, and yes make sure you mention JL!

Kathy~no, no sprinkler system. I am sure though the guy would have loved to have charged us an arm and a leg to do it. He wanted to do the trim around the shrubs and such but we said no. We do enjoy fixing the yard up and doing gardening and such, but the grass is such a big project and with hubby working so much we thought we would take the easy way out there. Of course they way our luck has been going with this, we just may end up doing it ourself. The construction going on is new houses going up. They are almost finished with the two at the end of the cul de sac, well in a couple of months. Then there are two at the other end of the street, one is almost done and the other they just started. Then they will start across the street, so I am thinking we have probably a year of this mess still. I can't believe it took so long for that Easter Card to reach you. I know I mailed it a few days before the others in the hopes it would reach you in time. Will have to remember that from now on to mail them at least a week before, maybe that will work.

RosieKate~I tried FitDay but didn't care for it. I keep my journal and everything, points books and such on the counter so that when I fix something I write it down then. Just seems easier for me.

Hi Rita~hope you get a break for yourself soon. Glad you at least popped in and said HI.

Susan~where are you? We are missing you lady, hope everything is all right.

Hope everyone else is doing fine also, and can check in soon.

I guess I will go and do some more waiting. Seems I can't get anything done when I am waiting for someone. I kind of pace back and forth from one room to the next getting mad. I can just about deal with anything, but when it comes to someone being late and them not letting me know why or if they are even going to show, it really infuriates me. I try to be respectful of others time and if I am going to be late I will let them know ahead of time if possible. Okay, enough of the whining...I am going to go fix some lunch and maybe practice on the keyboard and read some, I think!

Take care ladies and I will try to check in later so I don't get too far behind.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:52 PM   #6  

Afternoon ladies---

How are you all doing this Thursday??

Today is a beautiful day. Sun is out and the wind is blowing a light breeze, very comfortable out.

I have no homework tonight! How did that happen? That can only mean that I will be bombarded with it this weekend!! But it's nice to have time to just get to the house and pick it up a little. I really need to sweep and vacuum my floors!! I think I saw an extra dog running around under the couch!! I swear, I wouldn't have guess that two little chihuahua's could shed so much dog hair!! Time for a bath and a brushing!! Make them feel and smell good. But I think I'll let James do the honors of bathing them!!!

Angie--How did I miss that you were going to belong to that show??? I looked at the site and it sounds pretty cool. Is it on a station that we here in Oregon could get? Would like to see the face to the name!! How long does it go for? Or should I have read more on it?

RosieKate--About AI...red did need to go, but...I find it amusing that next week the theme is 20's music!! That's right in his league!! (go figure that he gets booted beforehand!!) Glad you decided to join the 21 day challenge!!

Jana--There is nothing they can do anymore for my grandma. Pretty much she has to just wait until it's her time. (sad) It's at the point for me that I would rather her not be in so much pain and discomfort...and that just sounds terrible, but it just hurts to see her like this. Cancer is a horrible thing to die from.

Cristi--Well, did they show up? Or did you have to cancel? How disrespectful of the company to do that to you. Not very organized if you ask me.

Hello to the rest of you girls!!

The swan....anyone heard of it? It's like extreme makeover but only women. And every episode has two women getting surgery, then at the end of the show, they choose who goes on to the next round which is a competition to see who was made up to be the most changed and/or most beautiful....one of the two. Interesting. The makeovers are amazing. And I think it's great that these girls can have it done. So much is being said about the show. Mainly bad. They think it's terrible how they turn something like that into entertainment. And wonder why these women would put themselves in this situation. Wondering if they like themselves. IMO, EVERYONE has something about themselves that they don't like. And if we ever got the chance to have it fixed, I think most of us would do it. So I say let the girls do this. It's their life and that's what they want to do. Sometimes I think people have nothing better to do than to complain about other people. As long as they're not hurting you, why worry about it right? But that's my opinion.

Well, I have to finish up my laundry...I have two more loads to do. How does a couple accumulate so much laundry!! Then I need to do the dishes, then sweep the floors and dust. Make it all pretty and smelling good. Hey, once I'm done sweeping up the floors does anyone want to adopt the puppy I make out of chewy & cocoa's hair??

I'm off, I may check back in tonight.....

Marti
Old 04-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

RosieKate - from your mouth to God's ear about my weight loss!! I will be really really upset if I don't show a loss this week either, because once again, I have been totally OP. Thank you for the kind words though! I hope you and DD got a walk in today.

Cristi - at the risk of sounding like a crotchety old lady, it just seems that some people/companies aren't as ethical and bound to their word anymore. I also hate to be kept waiting and think it is rude to leave someone dangling like that. Dang whippersnappers, lol!! Btw, Katie will be the one coming with me in July. I think she would have more in common with your DD than Mary would. This will be fun!

Marti - When Fern was in the hospital right before she died, she was in a lot of pain even cried out with it. My friend from the Hospice told me to ask for Adavan from the Dr. It basically put her almost comatose, but she was pain free, and since she had no chance of recovery, we felt that was the right thing to do. It was horrible to hear her and watch her writhe in pain like that. When your grandma gets to that point, just know that there are meds available, okay? No one should have to die in pain, imho.

Susan my dear, get your buns in here..... don't make me come out there, lol!!! No matter what kind of mood you're in, we are your buddies and care about you, sweetie. I wondered if maybe something was wrong w/your computer, then I remembered that you use the work one and the library one! Just pop in at least long enough to let us know you're alright, okay?

Got my shopping done, and went in search for some hollyhocks to no avail. Who knew they'd be so hard to find around here???? Made a blackberry smoothie (from frozen blackberries) to share with Katie and that was soooo good if you like blackberries. I can't wait til the strawberries are ripe!

I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so we all had Lean Cuisines and a salad. Neal had a couple pieces of butter bread to go with his, and didn't gripe at all.

See you in the AM,
Jana
Old 04-29-2004, 10:58 PM   #8  

Evening again ladies--

Jana--Thank you for the information. I believe my grandma has stuff right now to ease the nausea. When it gets real bad I'm sure she'll ask for something. As for strawberries....you don't ripe ones yet?? We've had tons and tons of strawberries. In fact last weekend I had to buy some for Jhanai.....she just had a craving for it. Or...were you talking about strawberries from your garden?

James BBQ'd some steaks tonight. We had some pasta and a salad with it. I should have known better. My whole left side of my face feels horrible!! So I took some IB Profin to help it settle down. Should kick in soon. I'm ready for Shanna to experiment and have her pull my tooth!! (hee-hee...I know you're not going to school to get a dentist job, but you could still be a great friend and put me out of my misery!!)

Susan--I'm going to have to agree with everyone here.....you need to post one little post just to let us know you're doing ok!! We just worry and start having idea's running through our heads as to what happened!! I hope all is well and that we hear from you soon.

Same with you Kayecee!!! School is almost over and I'm hoping that you don't spend too much time in the hills and forget about us completely!!

I just wanted to check in before I plop my big butt on the couch and nurse my face. You all have a great Friday!!!

Marti
Old 04-29-2004, 11:08 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Default new here...

I posted on the South Beach threads last Fall. Then I "fell" off the Beach. Now I am just searching for a way to diet. I have been doing exchanges and just started walking again. Hopefully I can get in here and gab with you ladies and have someplace to go instead of to my kitchen.

suetalks.....(alot)
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:35 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

sorry-sorry-sorry

Not wanting anyone to worry!!

Just super busy this week getting babysitting lined up for Gaby.
The ex and I fought some days so that took some time to resolve.....

I am at work now and need to get a file together but MISS you all.........hopelessly behind.

Glad you got the pictures Kathy

Glad you didn't throw up Ang-

May 5th is Kayecee's birthday!! Getting her card out- see Cristi and Shanna are coming up-.........also are we doing mothers day cards??
You're my mom right Jana ???

Doing good so far on my weight- I guess. Was down to 144 and back up to 147............going the wrong way.
Never did have my monthly.........don't know why-

Need to write a note to human resources and get my medical kicked in......*sigh*.......better go.

I will try to catch up over the weekend- sorry again.........

and NOOOOOO Rachel does NOT have a boyfriend Jana........I told her she can do *playdates* and that is all..........she just rolled her eyes.....lol'
He is a cutie though and attends church so I like that about him......

Ok-sorry this is a quickie-

Just saying *I'm Alive!!!*
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Jana~I don't think you sound like a crochety old lady at all because I totally agree. It makes me wonder how some people stay in business. Glad to hear Katie will be coming, I agree it will be fun and I can't wait.

Marti~I'll adopt the new puppy! Hey, that would be the best kind, you don't have to train or take them potty or bathe them. Seriously, I have been wanting a new puppy dog but am going to have to wait.

Hi Suetalks and WELCOME! If it's gabbing you want, you have come to the right place. We talk about everything and I must say all the ladies are wonderful!

Well, I must say, after a very frustrating day we did get the backyard done! It's a miracle!!! Geez, I have never in my life ever dealt with people like this. It's like they just don't care. So, he never showed up at 12, or 1, or 2 so at 3 (I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt) I called and knew as I dialed I wouldn't get anyone. Got the voicemail so I left a message basically telling him to forget it we will go elsewhere. He called back about 15 minutes later and asked if we still wanted it done??? Geez louise!!! I told him if he is headed over here right now yes, otherwise forget it. The stupid part is he said they couldn't do the sod in the front because they need to give the people where they get their sod a 24 hour notice. This guy apologized a zillion times and even said he didn't know they were supposed to be here yesterday! I will just be glad when it over with. That was my day, and sorry for venting.

Okay, I am going to go find a map somewhere and get directions and times and such for the trip to IN. Keep forgetting to do that.

Hi to everyone else and I hope everyone had a good day. See ya ladies tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:41 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Okay, so I was on my way out till I saw Miss Susan posted.

Hey girl, good to see you. You had us worried, thought we were going to have to hunt you down.

Darn Susan, I was going to surprise everyone by sending a card, but since you asked... Well, they are not actually Mother's Day cards but some pretty blank cards wishing my buddies a Happy Mother's Day. I actually sent Angie's and Kathy's today, since I know our mail is slow and Kathy just received her Easter card. I think I waited too long though, not thinking it was so close.

Anywho, glad to see ya checking in Susan. Now I'm outta here.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #13  

My oh my....Mother's Day Cards??!!??

I didn't even think of that! I didn't even realize that was coming up!! Oh geez. And here I was thinking that I need to remember Kayecee, Cristi and Shanna's birthday next month....Not to mention James!! His is on the 5th! Where is my head?

Susan--So glad you popped in long enough to let us know you're doing ok!! A huge sigh of relief coming from us all...***sigh***

Suetalks--Hello and Welcome!! Boy you are in the right place if you want to chat and chat and chat.......as you may see, I've been on plenty of times today so I enjoy chatting also.

Hmmm...which gets me thinking ladies....do I have a life outside of 3FC??? Just teasing....I do have a life. Just when I'm home, and I'm alone, I feel it's better for me to be on here yappin with you gals rather than burying my head in the fridge!!! So, Suetalks, grab a chair and a cup of coffee and start chatting away!! We'll keep us both out of the kitchen!!

Cristi--I don't know how you were able to keep it straight and let the people come to your house and do your yard!! I would have blown up long ago and said "to H@ll with it! I'll go elsewhere!" I'm glad you finally got them to come out though. Did you make them feel guilty??!! Hope so!! Serves them right to feel guilty!! (ok...I'll calm down)

Jana--I forgot to mention earlier.....don't get too upset with your weigh in this Saturday if you don't see anything......You have done such a wonderful job so far, and you may have reached a plateau. But I don't think you'll have to worry, I'm sure you'll see a loss. Just remember that if you don't, to just keep your head held high and keep on doing what you're doing and maybe change a little if it's a plateau. I'm just so darned proud of what you've accomplished so far and I can see you in the next WW success story in my next magazine!!!

Well I was just poppin in long enough to see if anyone has posted and ended up writing a book!!

Have a good night!

Marti
Old 04-30-2004, 08:32 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies,

Sharon/Sassy from Indiana - if you are reading this, please pop in, okay?

Marti - I will remember what you said about the weight, but it is hard when you have stayed faithfully OP and the scale doesn't move down at least a little bit!! How's your tooth today? Much better, I hope. I was talking about home grown strawberries. This is what we grow on our farm: strawberries, cherries, peaches, apples, apricots, blackberries, raspberries, tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, radishes, sweet corn, popcorn, pumpkins ... I think that's it. Oh, and the guy we rent our ground to grows watermelons and cantaloupes. I have them right out my back door, no kidding.

Suetalks - Welcome!!! I come here all the time to help stay out of the kitchen. It really helps! When you are ready, fill out a bio sheet so we know more about you. Also, when you are ready, PM me your address and I'll send you cards once in awhile. The other girls will tell you the same thing.

Susan - there you are!!! I felt as though I had lost one of my little chicks! Yes, I am your substitute momma! I worry about you girls like you were my own, that's for sure, lol. Now if I could just get Shanna to post again..... Sorry about your fight w/the ex. My ex is 20 miles from here, and usually high on his own crop, lol. He went to Viet Nam for his Senior trip, got burned very badly and get hooked on drugs in a burn center in Texas. If you've ever heard the song Old Hippie, that's him!

Cristi - glad you got your yard done. I know why you didn't tell him to go fly a kite - you were proabably afraid the next guy would do even worse! A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, right Cristi? Do you need the Evansville link? Try this: http://www.evansvillecvb.org/ and see where that takes you. There is a Holiday Inn right on hwy 41, let's check it out and see if we may want to stay there. It would be easier for you to find than the Signature Inn. Btw, what ever produce is ready when you visit, I will bring you some.

Here's my POA (plan of action) for today:
  • clean off the back porch
  • pay the bills (it's payday)
  • find some white sneakers - mine from last year are pitiful looking!

bbl,
Jana
Old 04-30-2004, 10:15 AM   #15  

Morning chickadee's----

Jana--Wow! I would love to roam your garden!! You need to take a photo ands share. Sounds huge!! I saw your link to Evansville and I thought I would put a link of Oregon down so you can see where a bunch of us live. I couldn't find an attractive site like yours (with all the pretty pictures) but this at least has all the different towns you can click on! (Susan & RosieKates )- (mine) (Shanna's). Something to have fun with.

Here it is:http://www.el.com/To/Oregon/
I may browse around and find something better. Later on I plan on checking out everyones home state!! Just to have an idea where you are all at.

Ok...need to get ready for school. You all have a Great Morning!!! I hope the sun is shining for you!!

Marti