3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Stay at home mom's #160 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/40125-stay-home-moms-160-a.html)

need2losemore 05-03-2004 10:47 AM

Good morning everyone. Very sorry to all who had a rough weekend. It rained here all weekend long. I got out my stuff for the yard sale for next weekend, got my kitchen all clean. I got my exercise in this morning, now I need to shower and get ready for recipe club which is coming here. Yesterday I went out to my mom's house to go walking, and it kept raining, so my sister took my mom and I to go see 13 going on 30. It is a great movie, go see it if you get a chance. It has a great sound track too which I need to get. Today is my anniversary. 7 years. Hard to belive. Dh and I will be going out next weekend, I hope. Anyway, I will check back in later and get personal. I hope everyone has a great day.

Chubba 05-03-2004 11:00 AM

Happy Anniversary Ricci!!

Spryng, get to a doctor!!!

Hi to everyone else.

spryng 05-03-2004 11:05 AM

Happy anniversary Ricci!!!!! Does it feel like 7 years? I know Dh and I just hit year 6 and sometimes it feels like we've been together forever and sometimes it feels so short. Boy I love that guy, lol.
Geri, I'm not sure yet about the doctor. Several things are holding me back. One is money. I have no insurance on myself. The kids come first of course so we are paying for their coverage but can't afford to get me on it yet. At the time it was a great descision because I never get sick or anything. So going to the ER will cost me a fortune right now. I know, bad excuse. Also... I am just really sore inside my abdomen. I don't think it is anything major. I am keeping a close eye on myself though and trying to take it easy. The more I get up and move around the better it feels so maybe I just need to let it work itself out. But if I'm not better by tomorrow I will call a doctor and go in. That is my plan anyway, lol.
Well, gonna try to put away all those shoes on my front porch. TTYL!

watkinsguru 05-03-2004 11:10 AM

Spryng, so sorry you feel bad. Take care of yourself. If you need to go to the doc, you better. you can't take care of your kids if you're sick.

Ricci, happy anniversary. Way to go for 7 years. I'll be celebrating 9 years in September. Making it past 1 in this world is great.

Geri, so glad you're doing better too. Hope Will has a good 3rd birthday. Ally, my second, will turn 3 on June 9th. Love em at this age.

Hi to everyone else. TTYL

MichelleRae 05-03-2004 12:19 PM

Spryng - I really hope you start feeling better. Definately go to the doctor if you aren't feeling better, it's probaby something that should be checked out "just in case".
:grouphug:

Geri - Happy Birthday to your little Will I'm sure it will be a wonderful day. Taylor will turn 3 on August 25 and we are so excited but still haven't decided what to get her hubby wants to get her a dune buggy lol I say no friggen way lol.

Ricci - Happy 7th anniversary to you!! My second anniversary in September 7 I can't wait! I think for our fifth we're gonna take our honeymoon since we really didnt take one when we were married.

Well I havent gotten too much accomplished yet cuz my sister came over and we sat and talked and it seems some of my motivation flew out the window lol. Now today I'm still working on getting taylor potty trained and she's already peed her pants once lol good thing she has tons of clothes and tons of panties lol.

Ok girls I'm gonna go and try to get motivated.
Love to you all!
Michelle

BIGtimeLOSER 05-03-2004 12:38 PM

Hey girls!

I see there is MUCH more celebrating going on here today! YAY! Was thinking I'd have to get rough with a couple of you ;) .

Well, I went to the doc today. She was thrilled with my weight loss, but guess what? Their scale is 5 pounds LESS than mine!!! So which one do I go with? My starting weight was from her scale, then I went a week or so with no scale before I bought my digital one. She said I could possibly ditch the meds if I kept doing this well.

I feel horribly bloated and yucky so I am eating very good and drinking alot! Guess that dinner just didn't set well with me! I have had a Krave bar, and two bowls of lettuce and tomatoes. Thinking about dinner, but not sure what to have yet. Will have granola for a snack and maybe something with protein, as the veggies might not fill me up for long.

Spryng, I am worried about you.

Crystal, I am not as worried about you anymore!

Geri, I really admire your strength to attempt to make this such a different kind of day than it could have been!! (((((((((YOU ROCK!))))))))))

Michelle, Potty training is such a chore, but it's great when it's all over. I have one more to go!

Penny, yes it will be a great week for losses! We have a good thing here!

Ricci, Happy anniversary!!!

Julie, good to see you...Post LOTS more!

We miss you, Leigh!!

Did I see Melinda this am? Hope your day is going great!

TTFN!!!

ECmom 05-03-2004 01:01 PM

Still have some computer problems....I have left 2 posts and neither one showed up.

Spryng- GET TO THE DR!!!!!!!!!!
Your family needs you....and they need you healthy. I know that you are familiar with not having a mother, per se- and I know you well enough to know that your three beautiful children need you and want you around for a long, long time.
Go to a Dr.......you can always find a way to pay the bills.....but God only made one you.

Sorry not to get personal......hormonal computer. Hope to get back here later.
See ya!
Ginny

bluekitty 05-03-2004 01:17 PM

Finally!!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Finally I've found this thread where I can feel like I belong! I am really psyched now. I am a new mommy (to my three week old son Kyle) and I stay at home....I will work part time evenings for extra income when my hubby gets home from work, starting in a couple of months.

I am here to lose weight and get support. I have a total sweet tooth, and I find it VERY hard to say no to late night sweets. My hubby (who also has a big sweet tooth, but never gains weight) I've asked him to eat his sweets somewhere else, but he doesn't...and offers them to me...then I become weak and foolish...I need some support from him...and I'm not asking him to give up his late night sweets. Any ideas on what I can do differently until I am strong enough to turn my back to temptation??

Thanks!
Sarah [/COLOR]

watkinsguru 05-03-2004 01:25 PM

Sarah, WELCOME!!! I live in Terrell, TX. about 30 minutes East of Dallas. BTW, I love your name. I wanted to name one of my daughters Sara, but we got stuck with all A's: Alisa, Ally and Andrew. I'm a 26 yo, sahm. Alisa is 5, Ally is almost 3 and Andrew is 17 mo. So glad you found us. You will totally feel at home here and become part of a family. Let me tell you that I'm a sugaraholic too. I started by cutting back to sugar free snacks. Believe it or not, there are several that you can't taste the lack of real sugar. Now all I snack on is sugar free stuff or fruit or I get the WW frozen desserts and occasionally have something like ice cream or something good like that. I don't follow any plan but low calorie. It works GREAT for me. I love it this way. I tried Weight Watchers for a couple of weeks but just can't follow it well enough.
I hope you stick around and feel at home. Tell us more about you. What plan are you following or do you want to follow, etc.

spryng 05-03-2004 02:08 PM

Hi again!
Just a quick post before I go down for a nap.
Welcome Sarah!! And congrats on your new little baby!! How exciting :) Are you breastfeeding? I am Spryng, mother of 3. Ava 4, Bubba 3, and Tanner 10 months. I am on weight watchers and hit my goal weight a couple weeks ago. Now I'm working on my personal goal weight. How much weight do you want to lose and what plan are you on or thinking about? I hope to get to know you better!
Ginny so glad you were able to get a post in!!! And I know you are right about the dr, but I just don't see how I can get there right now. It really is easing up. I feel like I've done a million crunches and my abs are sore. But it really is getting better. I know my kids need me and if I ever had anymore pain like yesterday morning I will call an ambulance ASAP. I promise. But it is nice to know so many people care about me. I talked to my SIL this morning about it and she brushed me off. I think she was afraid I was going to ask her to sit with the kids while I went to the doctor so she changed the subject and then quickly got off the phone. That is what DH's family is like for me. The last time I went through this I called MIL at 4 am (she was up getting ready for work) and I was crying and in so much pain and she said she would be right over... well 1 1/2 hours later she shows up and said they were doing pictures that day at work so she had to fix her hair!!!! UGH. Good thing I wasn't dying because I would have been dead. I guess that is why I hesitate to go to the doctor because I know I will get the run-around from anyone I ask to watch the kids for me unless I'm shelling out big bucks for them to watch them which I don't have today. I feel very alone sometimes.
Cindi I would stick with your home scale numbers since you use it most but it's nice to see a 5# difference (in your favor!) at the doctors isn't it?? :)
Michelle I hope the potty training is going well. Both of mine were pretty easy to train and had it down within a week... just one more to go! By the time Tanner is trained I'd been changing diapers for more than 5 years solid!! :( That is huge to me. I won't know what to do with myself! (maybe another baby?? JK!!!!)

Well I am off here for a nap. Oh I did create a low fat Shepherds Pie recipe out of the ideas you all gave me. I can't wait to try it tonight. That is what we will have for dinner. What is everyone else having? TTYL!

MichelleRae 05-03-2004 02:13 PM

Sarah Welcome!! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 yo girl Taylor and 7 month old girl Teagan. I am 26 yo and live in NW Montana. You will love this great group of women I know I do and I would have fallen off the wagon if it weren't for them!! Have you decided on a plan yet? I'm doing South Beach along with taking Meridia (weight loss rx). I was on atkins and lost 12 lbs then on the advice of my doctor switched to south beach and was prescribed Meridia today is day 3 and I feel wonderful!! I peeked at the scale and I've lost 2 lbs since switching to the new diet but my official weigh in is on Sundays. Penny (mompen) is my diet buddy, so if you havent decided on a plan and are interested in SB you can certainly join us! I also do Walk away the pounds tapes as do a couple of the lovely ladies here and I love them!! LOL sorry I just noticed i was rambling on lol I had 2 cups of coffee this morning and it kinda made me jittery. Well hope to get to know you and again welcome.

Spryng- How are you feeling? I thought i would come and check on you I hope that you are feeling better. I wish I lived closer and could come help you out. AND, Ginny is right God only made one of you so take care and I hope you get better :grouphug:

Ginny - Glad that your computer is running but sorry that it is being hormonal. lol How have you been?

Cindi - Yayyyy!! WTG on a great doctors visit!! Are you also taking weight loss meds? If you are I'm curious as to how they make you feel and what ones you take.
I can't wait to go see what the scale says on sunday (my weigh in day) I'm sure it will be great!! Tell me about potty training being a chore, I'm trying to give her a potty party if she actually goes potty in the toilet but she's pee'd herself 3 times this morning, she tells me she has to pee when she doesn't and then ends up peeing her pants when she does have to, maybe she just isn't quite ready to potty train yet. I'm not gonna rush her I'll try again in another week. I just don't want her to feel like I'm pushing cuz that will make her back off I think.

Ok enough coffee fueled rambling for me I'll talk to you all later.

Michelle

jbbm 05-03-2004 02:29 PM

Spyrng I am so sorry you feel alone sometimes. I do too. Even with a mother and father and in-laws. I do not have a close relationship with my husbands sister either. And I really do not know why? You will have to tell me how you will make your shepards pie low fat when you get the time and energy to post the recipe. Take care okay hon. Have a good nap. I wish I could get these two to go down. I could really use one myself :).

Michelle I always wanted to go to Montana. On tv it always looks so rugged and beautiful and natural. Do you like living there? Just to let you know I tried SB last winter and lost 6 pounds in a week! I am more in phase two of my own modified version. At the end of the 1st week induction I could not look at another egg :lol:. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi to everyone else....Julie

watkinsguru 05-03-2004 02:36 PM

starting a new thread...see you there...!!!

MichelleRae 05-03-2004 02:39 PM

Spryng- Could you possibly have gallstones? The pain you are describing sounds like how I felt after I had a gallbladder attack. Just maybe something you might wanna check into :) I'm concerned for you is all. Now if that pain gets worse you better call that ambulance and get ur butt to the hospy before my fat butt comes down there and drags you to the ER myself lol jk ;) :grouphug:

Julie - I love living here it is so beautiful and peaceful (well mostly) we do live in one of the bigger cities in the state, its not huge by any means but the valley (which consists of several smaller towns) has about 35000 people. The schools are good, the crime rate is relatively low and the cost of living isnt too bad. For instance we just bought a 3 bedroom home with 1900+ sf livable space on a corner lot fenced backyard for 110,000. thats just to give you an idea of the economy around here lol. I find that I am loving South Beach diet I feel like I'm eating sooo much food but on the first day I came in at 927 calories for the day and yesterday was 1093 calories and I feel stuffed and totally satisfied but it could also be my medication doing its job. lol
Ok I need to go straighten up my kitchen I will talk to you guys later!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!
Michelle

bluekitty 05-03-2004 09:55 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi Crystal, Spryng, and Michelle! You ladies are VERY sweet! Well, here is a some info on little ole me....(Well, big ole me, lol :dizzy: )

I am 23 sahm, I've been married for almost three years to my hubby Steve and I have my three week old little light of my life, Kyle Steven. My hubby and I are from the Seattle area, but have lived all over the NW. We moved down here to the Dallas area in December because Steve lost his job and wasn't able to find work in his field in the Seattle area. I wasn't able to work because I was on bedrest from the pregnancy. My family moved here to TX five years ago, and my parents offered to move us down here because the cost of living is MUCH cheaper and the economy is better than up in Seattle or anywhere in the NW.

Needless to say throughout my pregnancy I have been incredibly lonely :( ...and THANK GOD I didn't put on more weight than I was supposed to, since I was overweight (technically obese) to begin with. I am scared to death I am going end up like my parents and aunts (morbidly obese, depressed and on MANY medications) I have been up and down on the scales my entire life, dealt with bulimia throughout HS and college and I want to end this war with myself and my weight FOREVER. Kyle and Steve (and me) deserve the very best of myself. I don't want to put Kyle through what I went through as a kid...having parents too tired to do anything or go anywhere. I am not following weight loss program, except journaling what I eat, exercise, and feel. I am trying (and succeeding) in not having seconds at dinnertime and eliminating fast food. My stats are : 5'6'' Old weight: 238 Current: 221 Goal:145

Spryng, I love NW Montana! I have relatives in Kalispell and Lakeside. It is so beautiful there!!

Crystal, have you lived in TX all your life? DO you like it here? I love the southern hospitality, people are SO much nicer here than up in WA.

And Michelle (I think you asked this..) I breast and bottlefeed.

Take Care! And thank you for the VERY warm welcome!!
Sarah