Old 05-03-2004, 07:47 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - I am so darn happy for James! When he goes for his training, how long will it be? My grandfather was a train engineer, and son-in-law Dale's mom is a coordinator for engineer pick up. She or someone else picks them up and takes them home or to a hotel when they are in other cites. Odd but necessary profession. Btw, I'll be there tomorrow to clean your patio...NOT!! LOL!!

Cristi - YAY for the 1/2 pound down!! That's 2 sticks of butter and at this point I would even jump for joy at 1/4 pound down. Hope you find out your computer wasn't zapped too badly and that it doesn't cost too much moolah.

RK - well sweetie at least you didn't gain. That's what they've been telling me for 2 weeks, lol. I too have been drinking looooooots of water. Slosh, slosh, slosh.

Sue - was it my Dreamsicle Cake you made? That thing is so yummy and you'd never know it's "diet"!! Have fun at the neighbors for dinner tonight. It's nice you have a good friend close by.

Well, well, well... guess who came to visit me after 7 months of absence? Aunt FLo!! And it had been 16 (yes, sixteen!!) months the time before that! It would have had no bearing at all on my weight, though, because I used to never show a gain before TOM, only during. And I will be over it before I weigh in on Saturday, thank goodness.

My porch looks so nice and clean! I washed the chairs and cushions and swept it and took away a bunch of Neal's stuff that he mistakenly thought belonged there, lol. I did squats, reaches and lifts... that's my exercise for the day!!

See you later,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #47  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow the cake was wonderful. Yes Jana, I got the recipe here. I left half of what was left for our hostess and host. Now I am going to buy fixin's and make another for a family get together this week-end. I may never make a regular cake again.

Sue

Last edited by suetalks; 05-03-2004 at 10:38 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:31 AM   #48  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jana,,,the weather here has been hot hot then brrr chilly. I sat on the deck on Sat. drank a glass of wine,,,relaxed..just Monte and I.
Are you at all concerned about the stop and start of your TOM ?

Marti, yay for James!

Susan, gee thinking about how I said that make it sound like 4 yrs is soooo long but what I ment was, it feels like you have always been there for me.

Got some sad news the other day, worked with this woman who is 39 yrs old, just had her first baby 6 months ago, wasn't feeling good, back sore and all. Then one day last week she couldn't walk,,,her legs were numb. Her husband took her to ER and found out she has cancer in her spine, will never walk again. And will be lucky if she lives throu the chemo.

Of course I would talk about you all, infact I was prepaired to answer the question of who do I admire most. They didn't ask me...darn But I had it all ready.... my friends.
well need to get to bed...hockey game still on but its tied and I have too much riding on the game...note to self,,,don't gamble.

Angie

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 05-04-2004 at 01:04 AM.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:05 AM   #49  
a work in progress

Default tech info for Cristi

Just some suggestions from my husband, who did internet tech support until very recently. I know this just started happening when the storm hit, but he said that this is also a bug in Windows that the Blaster Worm takes advantage of.

Are you running XP or 2000? Is your puter on a network, or a broadband connection?

Try taking your puter off the network, and see if it boots and runs Windows fine. Make sure it's offline, not connecting to broadband, and see if it boots and runs Windows fine.

If it does, and you are running XP (and this probably works for 2000 as well):

Go to start, run, and type services.msc and hit enter. You will get a window that says "services". Scroll down to Remote Procedure Call (RPC) -- not Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator. Doubleclick it, and you will see four tabs. Click the third tab, "Recovery" and set all three failure boxes to Take No Action. This should allow you to get online long enough to patch your operating system.

Then go to Internet Explorer, tools, Windows updates, click "scan for updates" and install any critical updates it finds. If you've never updated your computer, it may take some time to do this. By installing the critical updates, it should patch Windows so that won't happen anymore.

Disclaimer: this may or may not work for you, but if you are fighting with Windows constantly shutting down, it may be worth a try. Good luck!

Hi to everyone else. It's too late tonight to do individuals, but I read through everyone's posts and I'm thinkin' about ya

G'night ladies,
Katiecat
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:11 AM   #50  
GmaTo8

DO NOT POST HERE.....GO TO CHIT CHAT #46!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote