Pregnant and Staying Fit #47

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Jen,
    Just wanted to say if you need someone to let off steam at I'm your woman...3 years post partum depression and I consider myself an expert!!! E-mail [email protected] of you need to.
    As for everything else well, we have seen the sun! Fantastic weekend, beach party for some friends who are moving to Seattle and got to see loads of folks we haven't seen in ages...one of whom is moving to Malaysia for 2 years and asked if I would look after their gorgeous motorbike...I have a passion for bikes but put it on hold when Ted came along so am thrilled!
    Today spent half the day on the gorgeous South Downs, open again following the foot and mouth scare (we didn't get any cases here but they shut off most of the countryside walks anyway), long grass with wild flowers, birds singing, looking down to the blue sea in the distance...then afternoon on the beach followed by dinner in the garden.
    I LOVE THE SUMMER!!!! ;D Baby happy too and kicking like a mule. Not checking the weight following massive Thai meal the other day....anyone know any GOOD low fat veggie/chicken curry recipies I'd be oh so glad!
  • Geneve, thanks so much for your support. Things are still about the same. Had a big fight with the DH Thursday night which didn't help, he is the biggest part of the problem. I heard someone say this the other day, there are no problems only solutions, or something like that and it got me to thinking that I am wallowing in my problems rather than looking for solutions. Normally I am a very upbeat positive person but there was just so much piled up on me that I felt overwhelmed. I don't feel like my normal self being able to handle these problems.

Physically I am okay other than I had a fainting spell the other day. I didn't actually faint but I was only a few seconds away from it. I sat down and took a lot of deep breaths. I let my dr know right away but she isn't too worried about it, I guess it is common with pregnant women.

Anyway I will try to get back to you gals again soon. Hopefully I can find my way out of this depression. Take care.
  • Hi everyone,
    Jen, don't buy the 'no problems' thing, it's just a way of trying to make you feel worse. Fact is, when things are bad you have a right to feel bad, and no matter who or what causes the arguements a pregnant woman deserves to be indulged and cared for, not shouted at. You are, after all, about to give your DH his stake in the future of the human race, something he couldn't do by himslef.and then doubtless you'll do most of the looking after too. It's hardly asking too much to be treated carefully for a few months. You are also a walking hormone bomb, so he should be careful!!
    After I had my son, I developed a very low sense of self esteem,not only did I look fatter, older and more tired, my status in the world seemed to have dropped away. Invisible behind the pram I would slink about hoping no one had noticed...and you know, some people like me batter that way. Not this time! If I come out of this 50lbs heavier with stretch maks up to my ears I'm going to hang on to my self respect. if I never become or stay slim, I'll still be smart,still be human, and still have a right to my place anywhere I want to be on the planet.
    Bottom line Jen, it's a good thing to be nice to everyone, but start with yourself. If your husband is a big enough man to make the baby, he should be adult enough to appreciate the woman carrying it. If not, I know lots of nice single men!
    Rest of the news from here...baby kicking like mad, hot and sunny, and I went to see my best pal from school at the weekend (more than 200 miles each way, big drive for the UK), and after all these years we still get on just the same...whats more, my son loves her two children. We went out and about in the Peak District and it was SOOO beautiful, moors and hills and little streams everywhere...not to mention the best cuury I've eaten for ages. Now back to normal life feeling relaxed and happy! Hooray!
    Best wishes to you all.
    Geneve
  • It seems like ages since I got to read the posts here. The weather has been great so I would rather be outside than sitting at the computer. We have had a few very warm, almost hot days. And I was a bit uncomfortable. I am glad I will not be pregnant all Summer.

Jen - I was glad to see you are still posting. You have every right to want to be pampered, especially now. I have blown up at my DH (a little more lately, third trimester hormones I guess) and I know he wanted to yell back. But he knew better. Focus on you and the baby. That is what is important now.

Be well and happy, everyone!
  • Thanks for everyone's support, it means a lot to me that you all know what I am going through and care enough to post.

The hubby and I are getting on better now. We have had some good talks in the past few days and I think we are finally on the same page. Also I had a good talk with another nurse at work who went through something similar when she had her first.

A lot of the problem has got to do with the way that I have always been. I was raised to be super independent and self sufficient. this is the way my hubby met me and has gotten used to the way that I am over the past 14 years. Now all of a sudden I turn into this needy emotional person. To him it is probably like I am a totally different person. I am not excusing his behaviour, I am just saying that it has taken him some time to get used to and understand.

Another part of the problem is that I have not really had anyone to talk to in a really long time. I haven't had any real friends in years. I got really wrapped up in myself and my husband and all my friends from when I was in high school just sort of fell by the way and now I am finding that I am needing some friends. Of course everyone here is fantastic and so supportive but let's face it, it isn't the same as a real live human being. Today I reached out to my oldest friend from when I was about 7 years old, she lives about 30 minutes away but I haven't seen her or talked to her in years. I didn't get a chance to talk to her as she was at work but I'm going to call back tonight and maybe I'll go see her soon. I feel better just for talking to her husband. It is funny how we need other people. I always prided myself on being a 'loner' but now I am realizing that I need other people too and if my husband can't always be there then I had better find myself some other people who can.

Take care all and thanks again for all your support and help.
  • Hello, to all the moms-to-be. I hope everyone is feeling well.

The reality hit me the other day (along with those wonderful third trimester hormones) that my baby is coming soon. So that sent me into a minor panic attack. I go to the doctor every two weeks now. Everything was fine this week at my appt. The doctor made me laugh, though. He asked if my DH and I decided on what form of BC to use after the baby is born. I just laughed thinking that is one of the furthest things on my mind right now. But it does make sense to think about it ahead of time. So I said we would discuss it and let him know at my next appt.

This is the first day we have seen rain in the NE in over a month. It is a welcome sight to me. Hopefully it will bring down the pollen count. The doctor did tell me that I could take two sudafed and two tylenol at the same time for my allergies. I had taken the sudafed and tylenol at separate times. I did not know you could take them together.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
  • Hi all. Everything is a lot better. We have worked towards a solution for our financial problems which were one of the biggest problems. I feel better about the situation and we will be able to pay our bills while I am on maternity leave.

Geneve - I don't remember exactly how that little 'no problems' quote went. I don't believe that there is such a thing as having no problems but I think that it motivated me to stop wallowing in my problems and start working towards finding a solution. I was so upset about everything I just got depressed and wasn't thinking like usual. Normally I am an upbeat person and it takes a lot to bring me down.

Thanks to all for your support and good wishes.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and taking care of themselves. See you later.
  • Hi everyone, looks like all is looking up.
    I'm soo tired..my birthday week is just over and I know I have done far too much, and not much sleep for the past 3 nights...still good practice for the big event!
    Managed a very long walk on Friday which would have exhausted me pre pregnancy and am paying the price with a few pulled muscles,but no regrets.
    Another week of tests ahead, I'll shortly have no blood left...I have the blood sugar thing coming up, i should have gone last week but it involves drinking Lucozade (glucose drink) firstthing in the morning on an empty stomach which I simply can't do. Even looking at the bottle makes me feel queasy...only way I might be able to down it is with a large vodka, which might upset the test results a little!!
    Weighed myslef, have now put on about 8lbs. Think I'm going to be gaining faster now though, my bump is growing very quickly, I noticed after the walk on friday it was sticking right out and felt like a rock!
    Well, must dash, my boy is out of the bath and waiting for a story...
    Geneve
  • Hi Geneve. Myself I'm scared to get on a scale! The last time I saw I had gained about 13 lbs, I thought for 23 weeks that wasn't too bad but I didn't really want to gain more than about 20 lbs so I think I am going to shoot over that goal. Oh well as long as the baby is healthy. I'm glad to hear that you have lots of energy. I managed to get a few hours in the garden this morning but I am really, really tired now. I know I overdid it for sure. I wanted to get it done though before bending over like that is just a memory! Take care all.