Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 03:24 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi all, Jen, i just had to laugh about the name 'Geneve'...I wish it were my real name. Just before I joined here we had been staying in Geneva Switzerland and I loved the way they say it. Had I been pregnant at the time I expect I'd have tried to persuade DH. We went to Eleuthera in the Bahamas a few months back and I would be very tempted to have it at least for a middle name if it's a girl. It means 'freedom' apparently.
My real name is Sheila (aaarrrggghh). I have always HATED it, it doesn't suit me at all and hardly anyone uses it. One reason I'm so keen to choose a good name for the baby. My son is called Edward, but known as Ted, which really suits him. He thinks we should call the next one Ted too (well, George Forman called all his children George, I think..even the girls!), or Tinsel if it's a girl! Mind you, he insists on calling me Murty!
My fave girls name is Josephine, it's my mothers and my older sisters and I would choose it again but three in one family is too many. I was thinking Leo for a boy... could get really seasonal and go for Leo Augustus! DH suggested Cornelius today!!!
On the exercise front I went swimming today and even more thrilling, cleaned the oven so am feeling virtuous. Yesterday went shopping with my mother which is a real marathon. Normally my feet would ache but last night it was my butt! I assume it's due to the change in centre of gravity, but I was sat in the bath most of the evening!
Hope you are all doing well. BensMon I still want to hear how you lost 80lbs. I do love those inspirational stories!
Happy belly swellings,
Shei
Old 04-26-2001, 04:30 AM   #17  

Hello, pg friends! I've just returned from a week and a half long trip to visit my Mom with the kids.

Well, had the ultrasound today. Good news is baby is doing great and growing right on schedule. Bad news --she couldn't tell if it's a boy or a girl! She thought it looked like a boy, but said the sex organs weren't developed enough yet, could go either way. The doctor is going to let me take another peek with ultrasound at my next visit to see if we can tell then (what a nice doctor!). I'm glad the baby is healthy but am pretty disappointed not to know!

The other thing was that I gained quite a bit of weight again. This puts me at only 7 lbs gained total, since I lost so much in the beginning, but seeing those numbers is hard to deal with. I know I need to be eating better and exercising more. Want to work on that!

Sheila, welcome to the group!

Sara
EDD 9/08
Old 04-26-2001, 08:18 AM   #18  

Hello, to all! Isn't Spring wonderful? I just wish my cold would go away so I could enjoy it a bit more. The cold moved into my chest for a day, but is now just in my head. So I decided it didn't require a trip to the doctor. I took a bit of OTC medication and ate a lot of vegies and fruit and low sodium soups (I don't like the taste of salt these days).

Scully - I agree with you on the exercise. Once my DS goes to school I go to workout at Curves. It really gets my day going. I had skipped a number of days because of my cold (I couldn't breath to begin with). But I went back yesterday and it felt great. I did take it a bit slower than I had been though. I know in a few days I will be back to where I was. And now with the nice weather, I go for a walk after that.

Sara - I hope you had a good visit. Don't be too disappointed about the ultrasound. As we all know, children, including babies, have a mind of their own and do not always cooperate with us (I guess I could include some adults in that statement, too). Have you had any dreams about the baby yet? I have heard from friends that they had very vivid dreams about the sex of their babies before they officialy found out. Hang in there. Like you said, the best part of the u/s is knowing that everything is okay.

Sheila - I like your choices of names. I think they have to suit you and your DH. We tend to stay with biblical names. I like the strength in them. My son is Benjamin and I think this baby will be Rebecca (not positive of the spelling yet). I joined WW in June of 1999 and I weighed in 80 pounds lighter on my one year anniversary on the program. I found the points program to be very adaptable for me and my family. Over the years I had tried a lot of things. This was something that I could stick with because it was real. I did stop going to meetings last Summer because I couldn't stand the people there anymore (it turned into a weekly gripe session). I should have researched other meeting times and places because there are a lot in this area.

Jen - I hope your appt went well. Let us know about the u/s too.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-26-2001, 10:32 PM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Nice to hear that everyone is doing so well.

My dr. appt. went fine. The baby is doing great, is about the right size etc etc. The ultrasound was today and they never really say one way or the other is everything is okay but she didn't look like anything was wrong or asked any funny questions. She showed us a nice view of the baby, pretty good picture. It was very exciting to see the heart beating and watch his little arms and legs moving. I say 'he' though we don't know for sure. We didn't ask although I did want to know and at the last minute changed my mind. I don't think it is fair that I know because the DH doesn't want to know. I don't think I could keep it to myself for very long. However we both now think it is a boy. the tech was showing us different views and we thought we saw something to make us think it is a boy. She didn't ask if we wanted to know so I didn't ask if she could tell.

Scully - I asked another friend about this whole X-File thing and she explained it pretty much the same as you. I presume that he isn't on the show all the time as they still seem to have the other guy too. Is Agent Scully pregnant by an alien or what? Didn't they already have her pregnant once?

Geneve - I think Sheila is a nice name, does anyone really like their own names? I often wish my name was Victoria. But I wouldn't want to be called Vicky.

Sara - I wanted to know the gender but then I didn't want to know. That sounds a bit confusing doesn't it? I guess I finally decided that as long as it is healthy that is enough for me. I started thinking about all the things that could be wrong and finding out the gender just didn't seem important after all. I guess I am sort of nervous this being my first that something is going to go wrong but knock on wood everything seems okay so far.

Take care all.
Old 04-29-2001, 01:46 AM   #20  

Default Baby is here

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here for ages, but thought I'd best let you know that I had a baby GIRL on Easter Sunday 15 April (her due date!)

Her name is Charlotte Sylvia and she was 7 pounds 9 ounces, just under 20" long. Fairly short (5-6 hours) natural labour. She is doing well, though we are still trying to teach her when is day and night (she doesn't care, but we need her to work it out LOL).

I'm pretty much recovered and breastfeeding is coming together though my boobs are still very sore. I knew breastfeeding wasn't just some real easy thing, but I wasn't prepared for how hard it can be. I had been told though that if you can do it for 2 weeks, you'll get it, and I think we are

Anyways, I'll be back in a few days to check in and have a read on how you are all doing. I hope all are well. And believe me, that moment when you see your baby - it's a shock and then bang! what a rush

Sam
Charlotte 04/15/01
Old 04-29-2001, 07:35 AM   #21  

Congrats on your angel baby Charlotte, Dreamer! Glad to hear that you are recovering and adjusting to new motherhood! Tell us what she looks like! And give her a biiiiiig huuuuug and smooch from all of the "cyber moms"!

I wanted to let everyone know that my ultrasound went great! There were 4 chambers in the heart and 5 fingers and toes on each hand, and most definitely a penis! Yes, Bellybean is most definately a boy! I was shocked at first, as I have been pining for a girl for so long. But to see that he is healthy and normal, showing no markers for downs syndrome by level 2 ultrasound, I am taking this as a blessing!

I believe that God sent me this child for a reason, he was meant to be here with our family. If it were meant to be a girl, then it would have been. I am so richly blessed with the children that I already have and they are boys.

Well, this place sure is slow, but I know I am busy and it is hard to post a lot. I like getting the messages that there is a reply by e-mail, so I don't waste time! I hope that everyone is happy and healthy and is having a great weekend.

It is 6:30 am and I am waiting for a friend to go for a 2-3 mile walk this morning. Actually, I would have rather stayed in bed for a while, but I can always nap later. It's always better for me to exercise early and get it out of the way. So, I am sitting here eating my Cinnacrunch Raisin Bran and waking up. Does any one else here wake up really hungry? I figured it best to eat something before I go and walk.

Anyway, take care all!
Bellyrubs,
Scully and Bellybean
Old 04-29-2001, 05:07 PM   #22  

Hello Dreamer and congratulations on your little girl! Well done for persevering with the breast feeding too!
Scully...I know how you feel, I always wanted a girl but as you know when they arrive all of a sudden they are people and you love them for themsleves, not their sex.
I have a scan tomorrow and will be asking again...I think it's another boy, and I guess I'll be resigned to years of cricket, soccer and rugby...still probably more me than barbie anyway!
Best to you all,
Geneve
Old 04-29-2001, 06:02 PM   #23  

Congrats, Dreamer! We are all sooo happy for you! When you have time (I know how those first weeks can be) write and tell us all about what she looks like and how things are going.

Scully, another boy, wow! It's great that you are being so postive about it, even though you were hoping for a girl. I have mixed feelings about what I want this one to be. In a way I want a boy since we already have two girls, but in another way I'd rather just have another girl -- it somehow seems easier to have all the same sex! Same clothes, same toys, same activities, etc. My husband really wants another girl for this reason.

And good for you for getting out there and walking. I'm the same way about breakfast -- I HAVE to eat when I get up. I also have to eat fairly frequently or I get light-headed and shakey. I always get this way when I am pg. Lately low-fat cheese with wheat thins or triscuits has been my big snack food. DH finally went to Costco (like Sams in case anyone doesn't have them in their area) and bought me the big jumbo boxes of crackers! He also picked up a jumbo bottle of Tums, which I've worked my way through much of!

I spent most of the day yesterday working on the yard. It felt great to get there, but man am I sore today! We still have much to do, too.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Sara
Old 04-30-2001, 08:01 AM   #24  

Congratulations, Dreamer! What a wonderful Easter gift. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Scully - Congrats on your news, too! Since my first was such a surprise from the beginning, we did not want to find out the sex before the birth. But, since we planned this baby from day one, we decided to find out (plus we thought it would be easier on our DS since he has been the only child for nine years). The day the dr's office called and said it is definitely a girl, I went in to a small panic attack. I don't know what to do with a little girl. My experiences are with boys, little league, bugs, cub scouts, etc. I think I was truly hoping for a boy to make things easier. But then a friend reminded me that all children, even children of the same sex, are very different. That is what makes life interesting. And as you said, they are all a blessing from God. God gives us these wonderful gifts for a reason. I know we are all very thankful for these gifts and will do wonderful things with and for them.

Sara - My family, too spent much of the weekend working in the yard. It is a beautiful time of the year. I have a magnolia tree that is 50 years old. It was gorgeous this week. And all of the other trees are blossoming too. My house is over 60 years old so all of the trees are very mature.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-30-2001, 11:47 AM   #25  
Jen

Dreamer - CONGRATS!!! Charlotte is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Keep up the great work with the breastfeeding. I don't know from personal experience but what I have heard is that it is both something that baby and mom have to learn together how to do right. Hang in there, you are doing fantastic!

Scully - if I have a girl instead of a boy I'll trade you! Just kidding!! I know at the beginning I was really hot to have a boy but now I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy. We think it is a boy but we won't know for sure until it is born.

I have to eat fairly soon after I get up, usually I am ravenous within an hour or so. Not today though. I can feel a bit of hunger but I had a pretty bad weekend. I had food poisoning on Saturday and spent the whole day throwing up. I couldn't keep anything down at all and after awhile even gave up trying to drink water or gingerale. Yesterday was better but I was still pretty quesy but managed to eat a bit. Today I feel a bit stronger but still a little weak so I'll probably take it easy. I'm feeling a bit hungry so I'm going to try some oatmeal and see if that stays down okay.

Take care all. See you soon. Jen
Old 04-30-2001, 05:02 PM   #26  

Hi everyone,
Had my final scan today and no chance of seeing if it's a boy or girl. I also found out that contrary to the information I had been given the fact that my son had chicken pox a few weeks ago MAY have repercussions for the pregnancy. I'm feeling pretty down about it. I was told that after 3 months there was no need to worry, so I didn't even mention it to the midwife. I now have to go for some more blood tests to check my immunity. Puts all my boy/girl worries into context.
Sorry to be so glum this evening but I figure you will understand how I feel...you have to be pregnant to realise the bond that existes even before the baby is born.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day.
Best wished to you all,
Geneve
Old 05-01-2001, 09:49 AM   #27  
Jen

geneve - I hope everything works out okay with this chicken pox thing. My DH had someone at work who had it and he asked me if it would be a problem for me just in case he picked up the virus although we have both had it. According to my information since I already had it there was no problem. I would be very interested in whatever information you find out.

My tummy is basically back to normal though I am treating it tenderly until I am sure.

How is everyone doing with their weight? So far I have gained only 8lbs so I am pretty happy about that as long as my dr says the baby is okay. If she says I need to gain more weight than I will. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting some more weight on but I am happy with 8 lbs in 5 months. I still have another 10 lbs to go before I reach my all time highest non pregnant weight so I think overall I am really happy about everything. At least I feel that I'm not going to gain a lot of weight with pregnancy which was a big concern of mine from the beginning.

I need to start exercising again though. I feel really achy and sore all the time and that isn't good. Now that the weather is nice I'm going to try to get back out for my walks.

Take care all. Hope everyone is well.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:34 AM   #28  

Jen, I'm up 4lbs in 5months...and I'm not at all bothered. I believe the larger you are to start with the less you should gain. i put my details into a pregnancy gain calculator on the babay centre web site and it said I should gain 15lbs in all. I know when I had Ted it all went on in the last few months when the baby is really growing. I think that at 5 months the baby is around 1.5lbs and the rest of the weight gain is fluid placenta etc.
Feeling a little calmer about the chicken pox thing. I need to have a blood test to establish if I have chicken pox antibodies, but apparently even if I had contracted the pox the baby would have only a 2% chance of damage, of which the most common is limb deformities, followed by eye/sight problems followed by brain damage. With no outward signs of the illness the chances are reduced further. I spent a sleepless night over it, but really, what is there I can do now? If I have the tests and they say there is a problem, well we'll just have to see how bad things are. I truly believe that having a healthy child is a blessing, but perfection is not all. I have 2 friends who have children with Downs Syndrome, and although it is hard work the children are lovely....and I also have friends who have supposedly perfect kids who are real little brats!
More than that I FEEL OK, the baby is kicking like mad and to me all seems well so besed on the info I have I am going to assume all is OK.
Off to try and do something with my hair! It's mad enough normally but since I've been pregnant it's impossible!!I've got a big night out tonight and would like to look reasonable but my preganacy wardrobe doesn't have much in the way of WOW! Black stretchy trousers or black stretchy skirt topped with baggy top and my boobs are so big now I look like I'm having triplets!!!
Best to you all,
shei
Old 05-03-2001, 01:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Default Hello ladies!!

Seems like forever since I've posted here but I know all of you understand with work, Doctor visits, etc...

First off...

Sam~~ Congrats on your new little angel!! Charlotte is a beautiful name! I've picked out Shelby Grace if this is a girl but hubby and I have yet to decide on a boy name. (A sign maybe??)

Geneve~~ My prayers will be with you that everything is okay with the baby. I developed the flu when I was almost three months pregnant and I was terrifed to take anything, even if the Doctor said it was okay. And just last week I had a wicked stomach virus for three days that nearly did me in and my Doctor had to prescribe some pills for me to take which worried me to death. So I understand how worried you must be. Keep us updated!

Hello to everyone else I missed!!

I went Monday and had my sugar test but haven't found out the results yet. I hope everything is okay because when I was pregnant with my son Matthew I was borderline diabetic. I'm fixing to start going every two weeks now which has really brought home to me how very close this is. YIKES!!

I'm at work so I better go! Good luck and God Bless to you all!

EDD: August 5th
Old 05-07-2001, 01:32 PM   #30  
Jen

Hi all. Just wanted to let everyone know that I probably won't be posting for awhile. To be honest things are just too stressed around here. I am angry and depressed and upset by so many things. I don't want to come here and complain and whine even though I know most of you don't mind. I just don't feel positive about my life and I don't want to bring others down. It does help to come here and talk about it but I'm to the point where it is more difficult than it is helpful. Hopefully when things are better I will be back to my old self. Take care all. Be well.
Closed Thread