Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 07:24 AM   #31  
Work in Progress

Good morning
Well I was to go back this fall, but missed the application deadline. I am going to see if I can take an elective course locally. Looks like the weather will be grand today!
ENjoy yout son's birthday. How old will he be? The kids must be done with school soon. ANy plans for the summer?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:16 PM   #32  

I feel yucky today. We had Jeremys birthday today and I ate cake and ice cream and then had pizza and potato chips too. It is the first time in a long time I have eaten so much junk in one day. I feel tired and still hungry and not at all motivated! Its getting to the busy weeks for me, I have all kinds of appointments the next 2 weeks just before my surgery and I am still trying to get ready for that. I feel like I am getting pulled in several directions at once. But I am just taking it one day at a time and trying not to fret over stuff that isnt that important.

What are you studying for classes? I went to collage for nursing for a year and half and always planned to go back sometime. I will try once the kids are in school and dont need me quite so much.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:54 AM   #33  
Work in Progress

Good Monday Morning!
Well I do feel much better after a week off from work. I actually wokr up before the alarm and got out of bed after pushing the snooze only once!
I am actually thinking about exercising! Who would have thought!

Julie isn't it terrible how those foods affect us? I get so darned upset with myself when I endulge(which is most of teh time lately). I am sure that you are right back where you need to be.
I am pursuing my masters in business and social policy. I am also an LPN and SUe is an RN. Nursing is a hot career right now. There is quite a shortage! I didn't seriously start college until my late 30's. It was a challenge working and school.
Today is day 1 of getting healthy again for me. I feel focused and better in "the zone" I bought the new low carb living mag( which I thought was very good) and have been trying to get rewired in my head. Of course I haven't been to work yet to see how many fires need putting out.

Well check in when you can. we'll count down until your surgery!
Old 06-03-2004, 05:59 AM   #34  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hot career you bet. I have lost so many nurses I staill am covering for them. we just hired 2 more and have a third soon to be.

Yea I am here. just got a NEW copmuter and finally fixed my lap top. so with these new gals I should not be so tired trying to do three different jobs just 2.

as for diet I have bearly started back up to the gym and i misssed a week for various reasons. one morning I slept till 9 am!!! eating has not been the best but not the worst. I am going to run again but love you all!! I can not promise anything but to try harder to pop in. this is what motivates me!!!

Julie good luck with your surgery!!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:29 AM   #35  
Work in Progress

Good m orning ! I can happily report that I worked out 2 times this week and will be doing a 2.2 walk this evening. I have been better on my woe. Having trouble with ice cream no less!

SUe You are missed!
Julie how are you? I know you had alot of appts this week.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #36  
Trying to find my way.

had not to bad day untill lunch. i must plan better. I have my yummy broccoli salad available for me to eat. WWWWOOOOOO I just really hits the spot but it is heck on the tooth I broke last week. I was going to get it fixed but car repairs. I had almost 1000 saved then I bought this computer and was starting to feel the crunch when dd1 car went in the shop for 100$ ten mine for 400$ then she got a flat tired for 60$ and needed struts 4 of them and mounts as well. start tuning for 600$ well the tooth i must just wait. I can not aford to pee any more, and with the price of meat these days.....

on the good side I did go swimming today and really feel good I was again complimented by several other swimmers on my strokes. I feel good. I keep telling them that it is the fat that is making me float so I can do the strokes better.

Julie how are you haning??? I will be praying for you.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #37  

Hey there ladies!! Sorry its been a very long week, Between hubbys appointments and helping my mom throw a going away party for my cousin who is leaving for the Irag soon. Sugery is comming up day after tommorow and I am getting nervous but I know it has to be done. I am down to 158 for now but I am sure I will gain a few not getting to the gym for a few weeks. Just have to keep on track with the foods and not let the comfort foods get the best of me. I wont be around for about a week or so after my surgery I am sure. My cousin just had the same surgery and they have him on muscle relaxers and percocets for about a week and he was just not concious much!

I will check in tommorow night my lovies!!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:09 AM   #38  
Work in Progress

Hey Julie, I think you are going to miss this but I will be thinking about you today! It will soon be over! Do you realize that you are 8 #'s from your goal?
You seriously rock!
Check in when you can to let us know how you made out!

Hey Sue how goes it?
Old 06-13-2004, 08:00 AM   #39  
Trying to find my way.

well a few weeks of heck and I managed to fall off the wagon when I was doing so well.

Time to get back on!!

Julie I am thinking of you and how your surgery is doing. I sure hope that all is well at your house. 158!! fantastic. I need to pop back in here more often to see your progress. I am just so happy to see you do it.

The weight lifting is out for me for a while I just can not do it with my elbow. it hurts too much. even lifting some thing simple hurts. I am taking motrin like it is candy hoping that it will take the inflamation down so it will heal. but I have been swimming and feeling great as far as that goes. I need to get up earlier and use the gazzell that is sitting on my porch first then hopefully I will burn this fat. that is no pressure on the ankles or knees or the elbow. so what am I waiting for.

Pat I see you haning in there so strong and just hope that some day I will get a chance to stop in and see you. If you plan to head down to syracuse let me know I may be free to visit with you and we can do lunch. I will be changing jobs again moving to the busier floor. OH MAN WHAT AM I THINKING????? I am not sure when that move will be. we will know more on monday I think.

so it is clean up day for me. the kids want to go to the Ithica mall today DD2 for a bathing suit DS1 for a bike and DD2 just to bug me! Have a great day.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #40  
Work in Progress

Hello!
I can actually report a OP day! I had found myself in such a circle of bad eating feeling terrible and then more bad eating. I would hate to measure my waist! but I stayed true to course yesterday.
I have been given an award and the ceremony is this september, it would be nice to buy a dress in a smaller size. I go on vacation in a couple of weeks. Not letting myself get so burned out! But I had to spend the day reminding myself that I was OK and that the food wouldn't help.!
We set up the roof work and DH is building a fence.

Sue Hey, we will make a meeting date! I can't tell you how much I miss everyone! A new job, busier? still in charge? Boy there is nothing worse than joint pain to slow a person. I have an appt with the foot MD and will discuss my options. I am even toying with surgery. The weight just complicates the issue though and the pain keeps me from working out. It sounds like things are better for you this summer! that is great!

Julie. Thinking of you , take care of yourself. I have been using thoughts of your success to help motivate me. Hope the surgery and post OP are not too painful for you and look forward to seeing you!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #41  

Hey ladies, I am alive and getting well. I got good dnews when they got in there there was as much damage as they anticapted and only had to do half of what was planned! Still hurts like the dickens but I am moving it and doing phusical therapy. Was not happy comming home the day of surgery going in weighing 158 and comming home weighing 173 . But that was all fluid and it is getting better. I hope to be back around more near the end of the month. Talk to you all later ladies!! And i would love to hear all about what has been happening while i was away!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:10 PM   #42  
Work in Progress

Hey I am off to start a new thread!
Closed Thread