3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Movin' & Losin' Part 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39477-movin-losin-part-13-a.html)

Nita 05-31-2004 09:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have been very busy today, sewing, packing and, of course, my last chance to go bowling. Tomorrow is really going to be very busy--I will work at the office from 6:30 until 12:30 and then I will go to the Arena at 5:00 to 9:00 for training. In between time I will finish packing. Now I am really getting excited. I can hardly wait to see those little grandchildren, and of course, the older ones as well. I may even be able to see the Marine. He is coming in for his girlfriend's sister's graduation next Sat. Time really does fly.

Take care and I will try and check in from PA or Ohio!

Anita

Catlover777 05-31-2004 10:28 PM

happy holiday

:goodluck: Just a quick check in--safe trip, Nita!

Did some extra yoga today and some walking without too much foot pain.

Bed early for new schedule.

HalGal 06-01-2004 08:58 AM

RE: I'll have a side of steamed organic veggies....!!!

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap...5/graphic1.gif
I hope this finds everyone doing well this beautiful Monday morning! We had lots of rain - mingled with severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. It was NO fun this weekend around here! But... this must be the calm after the storm. The temps look to be in the low 80's and the humidity is low. GREAT weather to work on the planters for my deck.

I bought a bag of key limes. Anyone ever use these things? I used the juice of one to squeeze of fresh brocolli last night as it was steaming. It was really good.

Off to stationary bike. Can you believe it? HA, HA, HA....

Nita: If you read this... safe travels - Ohio had alot of the storms this weekend.

Hello to everyone else...!!! Have a GREAT OP week.

1day@atime 06-01-2004 02:13 PM

Just a quick hello. Spent most of the weekend working in the yard. Ok, I was not actually working but I was supervising. Had lots of yard work done. I gained .6 at my weigh in on saturday & I did not do to well on food. Ate way to much junk & not enough fruits & veggies. Going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on veggies.

I will post more tonight

HalGal 06-02-2004 11:32 PM

RE: Enjoying time off is a good thing....!!!

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap...1/graphic1.gif
Hey Everyone...!!

Tomorrow makes a week off. It has been joyous! I had a night class last night, but other than that nothing but R & R. Just say Ahhhhh......

This is the first day in the last 6 that we have not had either severe thunderstorms and/or tornado warnings - so life is good.

I hope this finds everyone else doing very well... and having an OP week too!

mooz49 06-03-2004 06:03 AM

Mornin' Chicks - here I am again in the library. I should be getting my new computer this weekend but not sure if the internet will be connected then. Orla's boyfriend is doing it all but this weekend he is also celebrating his 21st birthday and I hope he has the time!! He is only home every second weekend and is kept busy working at computers. As far as I know it is a Del computer and that is really all I know about it.
Eating is quite good and walking is also good. Today is the first day we have had rain in a good while.
Gotta go now but I may get to call in tomorrow morning so have a good day all.

Hal ........... thanks for the beautiful pictures ........ they really brighten up the thread.

Thursday, June 3, 2004
Imagined problems

Are you fighting against obstacles that don't even exist? Often, the imagined problems can hold you back more firmly than the real problems.
For the imagined problems can prevent you from ever getting started in the first place. When you're certain that things are not going to work out, you have no incentive to move forward with them.

You never really know until you make the effort. The chances are very good that the obstacles are not nearly as difficult as you imagine them to be.

Every undertaking has its challenges, to be sure. Yet there's no reason for you to add to those real challenges with your own imaginary ones.

Go ahead, take action, and you'll likely discover that many of the obstacles you once imagined are not even there. And you'll find a way to handle those obstacles you do encounter.

Don't let the imagined problems stop you. Step confidently forward and move ahead with those things that need to be done.

-- Ralph Marston

mooz49 06-04-2004 06:43 AM

WOW - no-one has been here since I was here yesterday! Just bumping us up to the top again. Have a great Friday all.

HalGal 06-04-2004 08:33 AM

RE: Supporting Each Other...

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap...2/graphic1.gif
Hey Mooz: Thanks for supporting this thread, tirelessly. Even without a computer at home is most impressive.

I exercised twice yesterday. I spent time on the stationary bike. I need to do more, and will be posting it as I do it. Diet is good - except I met a dear friend for early dinner yesterday and she gave me a extra large bag of cheese puffs. These are a favorite of mine, and she knows it. She had actually eaten the first half. I let her know that was not being nice to me, and did my BEST to refuse the gift. I gave her the 'Passing For Thin' book and a copy of a CD of Kim Richey (she is playing in town next week). Anyway such is life, nothing is perfect - we gotta do the best we can!

Today I am off to sign my program for my rank one. I've taken 12 credit hours and need to see when the balance of the courses will be offered. Let's hope nothing is available for this summer!!!! HA, HA... We also have a arts and crafts fair going on today and tomorrow. There will be a huge fireworks display this evening - as long as the weather cooperates.

Rocky is doing well, but stilllllll attempting to be bad. He knows what he does is bad and immediately rolls over begging for forgiveness. But... Anyway...
Have a GREAT Friday!!!

mooz49 06-06-2004 09:47 AM

Got a quick chance to be on Paul's computer. I still have not got my new one .......... maybe today if the birthday boy does not have a hangover!:lol: I don't think I will get the internet today as apparently they sent him the wrong modem:(
Going for my walk now so have a good day all.

HalGal 06-06-2004 03:15 PM

RE: Let Freedom Ring...!!!

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap...3/graphic1.gif
Good Sunday afternoon movers and losers...!!!

How is everyone this beautiful Sunday? I sure hope your weather is as nice as what we have. The storms have finally passed us, and we have been left with low humidity and temps in the upper 70's and lower 80's. Just exactly what I would ask for!

Well, I thought I had the first 2 weeks of June off. Thought being the operative word. I received a telephone call late Tuesday saying we had class in 2 hours! The professor sent out an email the previous Friday, but most of us were already out of school - and he uses our global state accounts to email. Anyway... she was in school to repair some computer problems/data entry and saw the email from Friday and 5 more emails that day. Only 4 students were sitting there when we walked in, and 2 more came in late - one left early. HA, HA!

I met with my program advisor on Friday, and I cannot believe it, but I only have a few more classes to take and I'll be ready to assume a position in administration (principal or assistant principal at a school). That is not a goal for me - altho the salary increase would be much welcomed.

So, I signed up for a summer class that begins this Thursday. The book for it was $90 at the UK book store, so I went on line. I found it for $50. at half.com.

ADD to that, I received a letter for jury duty beginning July 1. Shoot me NOW... I know it is my duty, and trust me I am actually interested enough to want to do it. I am just responsible for the summer transition program for the incoming freshmen that month, have a conference the week before and extended days to work. I may get out of it, we will see what they say. Life I said - I am all for doing my part.

I went to see MEAN GIRLS last night. Funny, funny movie. If you have teens you will enjoy and laugh. All it is not so funny, but it is presented with a note of humor.

I feel absolutely desperate. I know I've gained all of the 25 pounds I lost this time last year - and it sickens me. Time to take control.

I hope everyone else is doing OK... and post when you can. How about some new summer veggie recipes as we enjoy the summer harvest?

1day@atime 06-06-2004 04:36 PM

Hello Ladies,
Sorry I have MIA. Been busy with working around the house. I bought some tomatoe & bell pepper plants & am putting them in containers for the patio. We'll once I did that, I guess Blackie thought mom was bringing in some plants for him to pee on...(caught him lifting a leg on one of them), so I threw that one away & now have the others on a homemade shelf. The storms we had the last few days were terrible. There was like over 300,000 people without electricity. Luckily i didn't lose mine. OH, a my weight in, l lost .2 pounds. Not much but a loss is a loss. This week I am committed to journaling & to exercising twice in the evening. Anybody up for a challenge, or helping me with my committment?

Hal - I know it's frustrating when you worked so hard to lose the weight & it just seems to creep back up. Like you said it's time to take control. I too am going to try many of the summer veggies. I have been eating summer squash & zuccinie (sp) on the grill, or even been boiling it. I also love cucumbers, been eating them with ff italian dressing.

Mooz - hope you get your computer soon. We have been getting lots of rain here. I think our lakes are back to normal, which is good cause in the summer it gets pretty dry here.

Hope everyone is doing ok..

HalGal 06-07-2004 11:16 AM

RE: I believe.....

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap...9/graphic1.jpg
It's Monday, and I am prepared, dedicated and hopeful...!!

To turn the page, begin to be the person I know that lies buried deep within my layers of extra poundage - my burden, my personal jail. Nothing like some time off, time to reflect to put things into prespective!

Hey, I found a nice website you may enjoy. It is created by a girl that has lost over 100 pounds, and has a variety of web blogs for discussion and information. There is a daily disucssion question, and they are really interesting questions. Here you go: http://www.skinnydaily.com//

Who on this thread are doing WW? I have a good friend that joined about 3 weeks ago. I received an email newsletter and it arrived today. It had articles for brides to be - which my friend is - so I sent them to her.

I'm reading The DiVinci Code for my book club. It is a good mystery... I love to read mysteries. Anyone else reading anything fun?

OK... I guess that is a wrap for this post. Happy OP days to all...!!!

HalGal 06-07-2004 11:40 AM

RE: Why Is Is Difficult To LOSE Weight...!!!

Here is an article from the WW neewsletter:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a..._id=13721&sc=3

1day@atime 06-07-2004 06:28 PM

Hello Ladies,

Hal - I am on Weight Watchers. I will try to look at the post you have listed later on this evening. Tonight I am committing to walking at least 1 mile on the treadmill.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Nita 06-08-2004 03:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a short note to let you all know vacation is fun. I have already seen my family in Ohio and am back in PA. I will be here until next Tuesday when I fly home. My eating has not been too good, however, I am playing a lot of cards and we even played monopoly yesterday. Grandchildren are a blast, especially little Benjamin who is 3 years old!

It took me a while to get back into the system because when you are on a strange computer you are not recognized.

Take care everyone and I will write again soon!