3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

JEO1982 04-22-2004 09:02 PM

Evenin' ladies!

Hey all, my name is Jenn and I've been reading this for a couple of days and just decided to join you as you quest to "onederland" since that is where I intend to go anyways....

I am currently 213# at 5'10.5" tall and have just set my goal for when I want to reach that glorious place where I no longer have to move the big weight on the scale over 4 times just to start.... That goal is for me to hit 199 by my mom's birthday (June 14th) because I have to go to a wedding on June 26th and I want time to get a new outfit for the big event...

Wish me luck and best of luck to all of you... and remember to aim for the moon because even if you miss, you'll land among the stars! ;)

jilly65 04-22-2004 09:17 PM

hey is evening here went for a 6.5km walk did it in 1 hour so that was good...but.... when Zi got home I was famished and ate 3 low fat oreos...oooppps!!
Hope tomorrow is better!!
talk to you guys tomorrow am!!
jilly

Girlie 04-23-2004 05:21 PM

Hello, Everyone! I'm sorry I've been so absent...the past couple of days have been crazy at work! It is SO nice to see some new "faces" here! Welcome to all of you...it seems like everyone in the right thinking mode.

I didn't go to the gym last night but I did go this morning and did a really great 35 mins on the elliptical. Not as long as the other night, but just as hard since I was pressed for time. Awesome. You know what, it didn't even hurt at all. I'm getting to the point where I KNOW my body can do it, it's just a matter of not getting bored and wanting to stop. Really great music helps...my all-time favorite CD to burn fat to is by Prodigy!

I'm glad that you all seem like you're being very concious of what you're eating. just remember, we all eat "bad" things at times...just realize that you are adding more calories to your bodies and that means you have to try to burn some of those calories off. I didn't know there was such a thing as Low-Fat Oreos. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong about eating three of them...I wouldn't stop there! Regular Oreo's are my weakness and my husband loves them...if they are in the house, the two of us will go through a pack of them in a week...a cookie here, a cookie there....etc!

I had to have some bloodwork taken today so I made a hearty dinner last night of baked chicken, pasta and stir-fried Chinese cabbage (yummmy!). I couldn't eat or drink anything but water from 9pm until about noon today and I was starving! I was going to stop somewhere before I had to head to work, but I went home instead and had leftovers which would have been healthier.

I have a softball game tonite...our team is doing really well!!! I might go back to the gym tonite if I don't end up doing anything after the game. A couple girls are meeting for drinks late tonite and if I go, I'll want to burn enough calories for a beer before I go lol!

Have a great weekend everyone, and keep posting!

Girlie

brookypooh 04-23-2004 11:46 PM

i would love to be involved in your chalenges.

Hi everyone my name is Brook i am a mom and a fiance from MI. I am getting married next year june 4 and really really want to reach that goal weight. I would love to be involved in any chalanges you all set because thats the kind of push that i need for my self. i am so glade to have found this website. good luck in your goals mine are:

sw 215 cw 215 gw 130 by may 1 05 have to make sure the dress fits before the last minute.

brook

:moo: to :goodscale

:goodluck: :flow1: :df: :cheer: :sunny:

amber1977 04-24-2004 04:02 AM

hello all.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satine
Thanks so much Lynne and Girlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited but it is also so close to the 200... I guess I will really celebrate when I see 195... ha ha

It's so nice to see some happy people visit here. I'm Amber and I'm a newie. I'm a dieter for events. Done atkins a couple of times for a month each-both times lost 1 stone, but no motivation to keep it off!!
Have a wedding to attend late June and deliberately bought a dress one size too small in december, but not done anything to try and get into it yet Until now that is!!
Started the slimsteady 4 week plan today. Has anyone tried it?? All about sensible low fat eating, mixed with exercise which builds up over the 4 weeks.
I currently weigh 180lbs, but at only 5'2" it puts me in the obese category. Not nice when people call you that!!
Anyways, be nice to hear from you folks, any good tips for staving off the hunger?? What diet/exercise do you all do that's working??

JEO1982 04-24-2004 11:10 AM

Morning ladies! I just got back from the gym and I wanted to let you all that I am 1 pound closer to 'onederland'....That's 8.5 down, 13 to go and 51 days to do it... I can do this! And so can all of you! I look forward to your updates :D

miss_elisha 04-24-2004 11:38 AM

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

As of yesterday's official weigh-in, I am down to 223! Yay! :high:
Which means that not only did I lose the 3 pounds I gained around Easter, but I have also lost 2 more. Hooray! I stepped on the scale again this morning to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Haha....
A few more pounds and I'll be down to my freshman year weight, though I admit I was chunky then too, just not quite as much.
You know, as odd as this sounds, I'm starting to like counting calories. Weird, huh? But I always seem to come in way under my target, and I can eat what I want when I want, as long as I count it, and somehow it all works out. This is so much easier for me than trying to follow a strict diet, especially since my family is still on the See-Food diet--they see food and they eat it! When I first started counting I was amazed at how many calories food actually has, and then I started obsessing about it and I would hardly eat anything with more than 100 calories--not good, and I was hungry all the time (surprise, surprise). But now I've mellowed out about it, and it's working. Which is definitely a good thing, since my exercise has been slacking recently. I've just been so tired--and I mean completely sapped! Oh well, I've got a couple of days off this week, so hopefully I can get some resting accomplished. I am getting on the treadmill today though, after I get a little bit of work done. That way I'll be energized and awake for work this evening.
Okay, it's off to get something done. Have a wonderful day everyone!

~Miss E

Kamitwi 04-24-2004 11:50 AM

Hi, I'm new

Hello all. Boy, this is a long running thread! I'm new to this forum, was just cruising around avoiding my exercize this morning, when I found it :D

I have PCOS too, Girlie. I'm 23 years old, and I was diagnosed when I was twenty, I believe. Been losing weight ever since ^_^* since I had a lot to lose (still do!). Hard to believe I'm actually looking at 199 as a goal! My high weight was 379, and I'm now at 238. I'm hoping to reach 199 by the end of the summer ^_^ which is four months away, so I know I can do it! I did have another goal, which I won't be making *sad* I wanted to be at 220 for my graduation from college this May 15th...but anyway, I'm still happy where I am!

Okay, going to go do my exercize, which I've been BAD in delaying. Talk to you later! :^:

miss_elisha 04-24-2004 01:50 PM

Wow, Kamitwi! Congrats on your astounding loss so far! What's your secret? hehe...
Welcome to the board. I'm 23 too... graduated in December. I wanted to lose the weight before then too, but alas, here I am. But I'm on the right track now, and so are you, and that is all that matters.
You'll find lots of support here, and this is a great thread. Stick with the chicks, and we will all meet our goals!

~Miss E

brookypooh 04-25-2004 08:17 PM

what a shocker!!!!!

well i must tell you all the news that made me put my digital scale in the TRASH! :bomb: :censored: it has been telling me for some time now that i am 215 :nose: :censored: well i went to the docs finally and got on their scale and guess what... 200 :cb: what news that was for me thats 15 that i dont have to worry about but still... :strong: :jig: am going to work hard :coach: to get down to 125-130 wont cry if i hit a platue at 130! :crossed: so i was thrilled to see i had not gotten heavyer then i was when i was prego :sumo: that was the most disapointing part. 212 was the highest at delivery. oh well thanks for listening. all keep up the good work. new stats for me yay! :crazy: :cheer:

brook

hw 212 cw 200 gw 125-130

:grouphug: :flow2: :dance: :flow1: :thanks: :goodluck:

Girlie 04-26-2004 12:01 AM

Good Day, everyone!

There is so much weekend action going on here and that is great! I don't have much time to post as bedtime was quite a while ago, but I wanted to say hello and welcome everyone who is new! That is awesome to see so many new people and happy losers lol!

I weighed in today. 'Twas a rough week...Friday night we ordered pizza and I ate three slices, and two more on Saturday LOL! I tried to tell myself that I would only eat one. Anyway, I exercised hard on Saturday and earlier today and weighed in at 228...one pound down, not bad! This week, I'm going to keep exercising as usual but lay off the fried food (I really craved fried stuff last week) and eat more veggies. I didn't have a single salad last week and I normally love salads. So I stocked up on fresh green beans and squash and zucchini and yummy romaine lettuce and we'll see how this week goes.

My legs have been so sore the past few days. Maybe I'm building muscle from the elliptical workouts. Yesterday I pedaled on the bike for 30 minutes and went for 50 minutes on the elliptical. This afternoon I pedaled for 15 and went for 35 on the elliptical. I think I'm going to alternate long and short workouts like this plus stretching every day this week.

Anyone have any great tips to share?

Here's to another great week!

Girlie

Satine 04-26-2004 10:34 AM

Wow so much has happened since I last checked in, Hello to all...I cant believe there are soooooooooooo many of us that are so close to that 199 mark and working so hard for it...the last time I posted I was talking about hitting 199 and then kind of plateauing from 199-200 but I have to be honest with myself and start exercising, I have lost 34.5 pounds and not really exercising, so I guess my body is just telling me "hey you are not going to get away with that anymore."... so today I am starting a fresh with exercise...
even if I can do it only 3-4 times per week I know it will help, even with the flabby skin :lol:
So glad to hear that all of you have such great attitudes and are doing well, dont beat yourself up over the little things, we have time and we will all get there at our own pace...good luck!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Girlie 04-26-2004 11:13 AM

Good Morning!

Morning, All!

Just wanted to check in and say hello. Muscles are still tight today but I stretched a bit before work and will do so at the gym tonite.

I started the day with a low fat, high fiber bagel with just a tad of fat free strawberry cream cheese. I'm drinking a bottle of the new Minute Maid Light Raspberry passion (10 cals per bottle!). It's really not very good. I tried the Tropical flavor yesterday but it wasn't good either to be honest! I'd rather have V8 Splash light.

For lunch, I'm going home to make a giant salad with romaine, bacon bits and my favorite fat free caesar italian dressing. Yum.

Talk to you all soon! Hope you all are having a great day!

Girlie

LynneA 04-26-2004 11:29 AM

Hi all :)

I had a very busy weekend. My in laws came to visit Fri - Sun and we had a great time although I chose to come off the diet for the duration of their stay. Still, I ate sensibly, didn't eat too much sweet foods and this morning I am back on my plan.

For breakfast I had two pieces of fruit, I'm currently glugging down a few glasses of water for the morning and for lunch I am undecided on home made veggie soup, or salad.

It's been pretty yucky weather today so I am thinking of going on the running machine instead of my usual walk.

jilly65 04-27-2004 12:13 AM

hey every one!!

:wave: Hi girls...

Had a great weekend did not cheat once!!!(amazing...)Have finally come off my plateau by watching my carb in-take a little more closely...and working out a little harder...why is it sooo much harder for us girls then it is for guys...my husband seems to be losing weight faster and doing less working out!
Any way ..thanks for the support about the oreos on thurs....it was great and made me smile :) !!!!!!
I do not know what I did before I found this websight of support and hope and a glimmering light at the end of the tunnel!!!Talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Good-Night.... Jill

Girlie 04-27-2004 09:45 AM

Morning!

Hello, everyone.

I had planned a big old salad last night but went to the store for my favorite English cucumbers and there the steaks were on sale lol! So I broiled steaks and sauteed zucchini squash and had a decent, protein-filled dinner and worked my butt off at the gym. 15 mins bicycle warmup and 50 minutes on the elliptical. I was worn out when I got home close to midnight and planned to get up at 5.30a to head back to the gym...I'm having dinner with a friend tonite (sushi!) and I didn't want to rush dinner so I could go to the gym...but when 5.30a rolled around, I could hardly move LOL! So I set my alarm to the usual 7a and enjoyed another 1.5 hours of sleep. I will probably go to the gym late tonight again. It was a good workout last night, I was dripping!

I'm having a small wheat bagel with a grilled chicken breast for a hearty breakfast and for lunch I have a Healthy Choice meal. The new Taste Sensations line is AWESOME. So flavorful, I feel like I ordered out at a restaurant...and they're on sale at Kroger!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

Congratulations on all of success - Lynne, Pebbles and Jilly!

Keep posting!

Satine 04-27-2004 09:55 AM

HI Everyone!!

Girlie - I thought it was odd that you were having a wheat bagel and chicken breast for breakfast, but then I got to thinking that the turkey lunch meat that I have for an afternoon snack fills me up way more than the granola bar that I have for breakfast...I think I should start having some kind of protein for breakfast, what other kind of things do you have for breakfast?

I stayed OP yesterday just barely, I was cutting up cheese for my husbands omelet ( he does Atkins, I cannot do it ) and kept taking bites as I cut it so I am sure I went over points ( WW ) some...Going to exercise when I get home tonight and get back in gear!!

I admire all of you who get out daily and work your butts off exercising, that takes discipline...and I am trying to aquire it, ha :lol:

Have a good day everyone!!

jilly65 04-27-2004 09:35 PM

hey there!

:^: I read about the digital scale and could not believe it... the same thing happened to me but I refused to believe my Doctor and have been going by the digital scale at home!!! Tomorrow I am going to stop by his office and weigh myself again.....if he was right I am at 195lbs!!!! GOD...I HOPE HE WAS RIGHT AND DOESN'T NEED NEW GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
I will let you know!! :D
Talk to you guys tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jill

pebbles95 04-28-2004 02:38 AM

Hello Chicks! I did very good on that "No Pizza Diet" tonight at work. I even told a good friend of mine about it......Then at close she made a new buffalo chicken pizza, and said that I should try it cuz it's delish. I know that it's great, and I couldn't have picked a worse time to stop having pizza. So I reminded her that I wasn't eatting pizza anymore, and she forced me to try it. So I had one small bite of thin crust pizza tonight.....I was nibbling on the buff. chicken all nite long :smug: It's just too good for me to pass up. But I skipped my salad since I had some chicken here and there.
I didn't go for a walk today cuz it was pretty cold and I was more lazy than cold. Tomorrow I have to go down to the DMV, Just thinking about how long I'll probably be there makes me not want to go :snail:. I guess that they get paid by the hour and not the work, just like me :lol: . I told my boss that he should pay me by the pizza, instead of hourly, he pretty much laughed at me...

It's supposed to be 75 and sunny tomorrow so I'm going to wash my blanket and hang it on the line to dry. I am also going for that walk, since I so convenantly (SP?) boosed out of it today.
Wow! almost 2am, and I still have to take a shower and cut my hair... It's so nice to have a short du, I just keep it short and spike the back up with hair glue. I got sick of paying someone $25 for something that I can do, and I know exactly the way I like it like :smug:
Good Night, Pebbles

Girlie 04-28-2004 09:54 AM

Hello!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I’m so glad that everyone is here and upbeat today!

Carri – as I eat, I definitely couldn’t do Atkins, but I try to keep in mind that if I want a snack or something, a protein or non-carb would probably be better than crackers, chips or bread. I really don’t eat much bread but pasta or potatoes are unavoidable for me at dinner especially. So if you want to snack on something, at least you chose cheese which is actually good for you. Since you were nibbling, I’m sure it wouldn’t have made a big difference in your calories for the day, but I used to do WW and I know how it sucks to go over pts. I also keep the pts in mind when I eat things…like when I have a light wheat bun or bagel and chicken breast for breakfast…the bagels I found were small, and still had 210 calories, but since they were wheat, they had 6g of fiber per bagel and .5g of fat. So, since I wanted a carb, it’s best that I had a carb with a good amount of fiber. That bagel probably ended up being 2-3 points. And the chicken breast would have added another 4 pts..7pts for breakfast is pretty high, but it got me through until lunch. Some mornings I’m more hungry than others! Anyway, I love chicken breast and it’s filling and hearty and low in fat and high in protein so I figure I might as well eat something I like, even if it’s for breakkie or a snack. I also like to buy the carton of egg whites and fry some in PAM. No fat and super low calories. I normally will have 1/3-1/2 of the carton which is a lot, for only 2-3pts, and I’ll add in mushrooms sometimes. Also, have you ever tried the meatless Boca products? They are expensive, but they have “sausage” patties (like you’d get at Mcdonalds) that are only 1pt each and they taste pretty good, especially with some egg whites on a whole wheat English muffin!
Sorry for the ramble!

Pebbles –

It would be hard for me to work at a pizza place, or any food place. My first job was at a buffet and we had free meals before or after our shift and I didn’t choose healthy foods, but that’s when I was a lean, athletic 160 pounds in high school on the track team so I was always burning calories. I commend you for doing your best while at work. The temptation definitely would get me! The buffalo chicken pizza sounds good…I saw it on a commercial LOL. I think since the temptation is so high, maybe you don’t have to say NO pizza at all since it’s all around you, but that you can have it once a week. Most foods aren’t inherently BAD, it’s eating too much of it. I have a friend who loves pizza and orders a thin crust personal veggie pizza for herself with either half the cheese or no cheese at all and extra sauce (that would be no fun!), but it satisfies her cravings.

Jilly –

It’s funny about the scales! I decided to only go by one scale, no matter what any other scale says. I weigh myself after my shower at the gym, no clothes. It was disheartening when I went to the doc last week and they weigh you with clothes and shoes on and I was 5 pounds heavier than what I weighed myself at, but the gym scale is “official” for me! Next time I’m going to wear lighter clothes and sandals that I can take off. I will be lighter in two weeks when I go, and then it will look like I lost several pounds and maybe the doc will commend me LOL!

I’m glad you all are well. I had a business meeting at a café last night and I ordered iced tea, but I had no idea they were going to order appetizers…and you know how business stuff is, you kind of HAVE to eat with them…so I had some of the spinach dip and chips and nibbled politely. One dish was cocktail shrimp and at least that’s very low in fat! I went to the gym and my 45 minute elliptical session was a little harder than usual. I’m going to try to get to the gym early tonite..I have been going at like 10pm and doing a quick 45 minute or so workout and hitting the showers without stretching and I think my body is tightening up on me.

OH…I forgot to mention…today I am wearing a size 14/16 shirt (Most of mine are 18 now) that I haven’t worn in quite a while…and last night I wore a pair of jeans I haven’t worn in over a year! That’s exciting! I think I could stand to lose another five pounds until they are “perfect” when I sit down, but I could button them just fine and the butt was a perfect fit LOL!!!!!

Anyone else have any little successes to share?

JEO1982 04-28-2004 10:59 AM

I haven't weighed in yet this week...but I do have a small success of my own to share with you.... Before I started my exercise/'diet' I went shopping with my sister and tried on some pants myself...They would only fit in a 16 and the jeans I already owned from that store were a 14, so I wouldn't let myself buy anything...just kept wearing my 14s that are probably pretty stretched out..... Well, This weekend Tim decided we should go to the store because I kept having to pull my pants up as they settled lower...and the 14s fit with ease again! :dancer: Not a huge deal, but it made me feel a little better!

miss_elisha 04-28-2004 12:07 PM

That IS a huge deal, Jenn! Congrats on your accomplishment so far!

My good news for the day: it's unofficial until Friday, but I have met my goal of 222, which makes 10 whole pounds I have lost! Yay! I had set that goal for May 29th (my birthday), so now I just want to be out of the 220's by then.... 217-218 would be great.

Now I just need to get back on the treadmill. I'm going to go outside and mow the lower half of the lawn today (we've got a huge yard, so it's actually quite a bit), so that will give me some exercise, in addition to anything else I might do. And I'm keeping my calories low this morning, since I did horribly yesterday (road trip to grandparents' house) and today is Mom's birthday so there will be a big dinner (but probably no cake). I'm not going to worry about it too much. Cereal for breakfast, haven't figured out lunch yet, then steak and baked potatoes for dinner.

Oh goodness, lots to do today. I'd better go get to it.
Hope everyone has a great day!
~Miss E

LynneA 04-28-2004 02:25 PM

It's nice to see everyone doing so well and having these little victories :).

I have no news to share as yet, my next weigh day is Tuesday, so I will be sure to post some (hopefully positive!) results then. I am up 1lb from last week but to be honest I am happy with that as we had my in laws over this weekend and I came off the diet for their stay, plus it was my hubbie's bday so there was a little bit of cake. I thought I would be up a couple lbs so 1 is good, I am hoping next week to have shifted that pound.

I'm super busy today myself, we're finishing planting our vegetable garden today and I only have garlic, potatoes and a couple of tomato plants to put in. I'm really liking gardening and of course, it burns up some calories so liking it is just a bonus for me!

Girlie 04-29-2004 10:20 AM

Bloated

My hump day wasn't good, y'all!

I felt so good on Tuesday, wearing my old jeans and such...but I was bloated all day yesterday...I decided to take off from the gym last night...I don't have to go 7 days a week...and that's cool cuz I think I needed it!

It sucks to feel bloated...especially when you are trying to keep upbead and on program, you just feel FAT. I'm still a bit today, but not as bad. Last night I figured being bloated means I can pig out and boy did I! I didn't feel like cooking and had a 6-inch steak and cheese sub and shared hand-cut CHEESE FRIES from a local spot with my husband while sitting on the couch watching Extreme Makeover LOL! I don't feel bad about it because I think I need that sometimes, and if I don't lose this week, I'll know why...I hope I'll be okay if I go to the gym each night for the rest of the week and stay active. It's just funny how sometimes when I get my cravings, I want it and I want it NOW!

So anyway, running late again this morning and am having animal crackers and diet coke for breakkie...when losing weight, you really have to be prepared and plan ahead. Hopefully, the bloating and the PMS stuff will be over by weigh in on Sunday and I'll have something positive to report!

In the meantime, my stomach will be messed up all day for eating such grease...that's what happens LOL!

There's my little confession...hope the rest of you are doing better than I am!
:devil:

PUERTO RICAN GODDESS 04-29-2004 11:01 AM

Hi!!!!
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I am very happy to see that so many of you are uccessful in this weight lost battle that we are fighting. I have been trying to lose weight forever and it is so difficult. At times I just think that its hopeless,I will never loose any weight and want to give up. That actually happens almost always. I found out about 3FC while playing on the comp and I am so happy I did. Reading all of your success stories has helped me and really motivated me. I am currently 190lbs and my goal is by June 1st to go down to 180lbs. Eventually I wan't to go to a total of 160lbs.
Once again just want to say THANK YOU!!!!

Satine 04-29-2004 02:20 PM

Hi All - I am still doing well staying on program but no excercise, I may walk tonight with my husband, it if it not too hot, it may be about 78 degrees then and I get hot easily, I like exercising inside for the summer, I need the central air!!! :lol:

Girlie - dont beat yourself up over it, I have one of those days about every other week, and I think you do need it, if you constantly deprive and deprive and deprive yourself you will go nuts and then totally go off program, so dont feel guilty, you exercise and you do a great job!!

PR Goddess - Glad we could encourage you, yes it can be done if we stop cheating ourselves and stop making excuses...we have to actually follow our program and exercise...took me along time to realize this ( and it still is sometimes hard on the exercise part, ha ). Stick around :)

Everyone have a great day, talk later

JEO1982 04-29-2004 03:22 PM

Last night I must have been full of energy because I can home from work, went to the gym, then went home and did my bellydance DVD while I waited to Tim... I just hope I see some results this week with the extra exercise and keeping my calories low all week... :crossed:

Girlie- My mom said when she lost 60#, she was strict with herself 6 days a week and ate whatever she felt like on the 7th day, so don't worry about it... You do need to give yourself that day without the guilt ;)

PuertoRicanGoddess- :wave: Welcome aboard! This is a great place to find the support you need and to get encouragement...Satine is right though it can still be hard sometimes, but you have to think about what you are going to get out of it: self respect...and to me that is worth every drop of sweat :strong:

Satine- Go for the walk even if it is 78 degrees outside...I know you'll be happy that you did....and we'll all be sooo proud of you! :cp:

Girlie 04-30-2004 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone, for the great support!

All we can do is the best we can for the time. It's not always going to be perfect. I think our thoughts themselves should grant us weight loss lol...but it just doesn't work that way!

I'm going to exercise each day this weekend and weigh in on Sunday and whatever happens, happens.

I hope all of you have a great weekend full of activity and yummy, healthy food choices!

jilly65 05-02-2004 11:18 AM

been busy

:coffee: good morning all,
thought i'd visit quickly this am.. been busy all wknd. with my neices dance recital(it is our thing..I pay for the lessons and bring her to them and do the group mom thing) it is sooo much fun as I have two teenage boys so it gives me a chance to do gir stuff!! :lol:
I have managed to maintain all wknd. even with not being able to workout and eating whatever i can grab :D ...Oh well it is for a good cause....I will get serious again on Monday :dizzy: ..Hope you all had a good wknd....talk to you all soon.....
Jill

JEO1982 05-03-2004 07:58 AM

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well on this dreary Monday morning...

I didn't get to check in all weekend because Tim's computer is acting up :( I did however get to go to the gym on Saturday morning and weigh in I was down .8#...not as much as I would have liked to see, but any downward movement is good...not to mention the ego boost I got from the girl in the gym telling me how good I looked - she totally made my day...

I took Sunday off from exercise as I figured I deserved it since I workouted everyday last week, that and the gym isn't open on Sundays and I won't do my bellydance tapes with Tim around to be an audience...I'm all set with that...

Well, I have to get some work done, (don't you just love Mondays?)....Have a great day!

LynneA 05-03-2004 09:13 AM

Morning ladies :)

Well, I had a dreadful week last week. It was that TOM so I wasn't feeling too great, didn't walk outside once although I did use our home gym to do light weights a couple of times and used the running machine twice. My motivation went out of the window last week, DH was supportive though and suggested it was due to it being that TOM.

I'm going out walking this morning though, still don't feel exactly thrilled about it but I have to keep up with the exercise or I'll just be letting myself down. My iPOD is charged and I am ready to go!

Have a good day all, will check back later, tomorrow is my weigh day *gulp*.

samanthajosmom_12 05-03-2004 11:41 AM

hello everyone. i am sue (mother of samanthajo who will be 4rs old in dec). I am a single mom who is 45 yrs old. i had a big hernia that was fixed by surgery this past tuesday. my surgeon alittle over a month ago told me to lose weight before the surgery. i had allready lost 7 lbs before he told me that but it was on the track of going back up. welll after he told me that i went to see my family doctor and told him what he told me to do . well we came up with the atkins diet plan to work with. i started the atkins diet this past jan and had lost some but was putting it back on. i thought i cannot stay on this again but i made up my mind that I can do it all the way. yes i am doing good on it. yes i wish i could have bread but i really am not missing it as much as i thought. I am eating big meat portions ( more then maybe i should). I am doing the carbs the way i am suppose too. my weight when i started the aktins the second time around was 218 and i am 192 lbs now. i am doing so good on the plan that i plan to stay with it so i can get the rest of the weight off. MY FAMILY DOCTOR when we decied to go for this diet ,had done some blood tests and found out the way i am eating i am 2x more to have a heart attack than a normal person who is in good health. well i want to spend my time with my little girl in stead of food. Do not get me wrong I still want snickers bars and other chocolate but i have to control that and take charge of my life.MY DAUGHTER SAMANTHA J O HAS DOWNS SNYDROME AND I AM A SINGLE MOM. well i have only 30 more lbs that right now i want to lose. maybe more but i will see after 160 lb mark. I do go to all you can eat steak house and get broiled chicken ,a peice of steak , a small salad and vegs for the salad. i may have alittle sugar free jello too. i drink almost 3 quarts of water daily! i pee alot but my kidneys are doing great. i am wanting to cook more now but i want to come up with some spices and put in a jar to keep for chicken and beef. I just bought a flavor wave deluxe oven and it is GREAT . i just got done making a broasted chicken for lunch after while. i ate one small piece to see how it tasted. yummy. thanks for listening. sue

Girlie 05-03-2004 01:09 PM

Hello!

Well hello everyone - I hope you all are well and are making good choices today!

Sue - Welcome! Please stay awhile and post about what you are doing and eating. We'll help you be accountable! We all make bad choices and we all make good, so stick around and share your trials and tribulations!

As far as myself - I am the same weight as last week! LOL Didn't lose or gain and I didn't make great eating choices last week so the exercise must have evened me out!

Better get going...gotta decide what I want for lunch...chicken? Hmm...

I will try to post more often!

JEO1982 05-03-2004 07:14 PM

:wave: Welcome Sue! I would just like to join Girlie in asking you to stick around and share your progress with us...This is a great place for support because we are all going through it...

Girlie, Good for you on the no gain, I know we all like to see the scale moving downward but it's good to at least not see it go up when you've had a few bad food days... Keep up the good work and I'm sure that next week you'll see a loss! ;)

I got back from the gym not too long ago and I weighed in while I was there, just to check up on myself, expecting it to be high since it was afternoon and all, but it was down again...WOO-HOOO! :dance: I officially made it to the 20% mark of my 50# goal... I was at 210.5 which makes exactly 10# gone!! I'm allexcited because my boyfriend said he'd get me a "prize" every time I reached a 10# goal...I guess this means I need to think of something :chin:

Have a great night ladies and keep yours spirits up....Together we will succeed!

LynneA 05-04-2004 07:35 AM

Good Morning Ladies :)

Great news! I got on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in and they said....

198! :cp:

I broke 200! I couldn't believe it at first and thought the scales were broken but after stepping on them a second time, yup, 198 it is. I'm really proud of myself. I have had some bad days where I didn't stick 100% to my plan but for the most part I have eaten well and exercised almost every day.

Jenn, that's great news! Good luck picking your gift! :dancer:

I hope everyone has a great day and is doing well.

JEO1982 05-04-2004 08:02 AM

:cp: :bravo: :cp: Congratulations Lynne!!! You made it to Onederland!!!!

(I can't wait to join you in that lovely place!)

MERinker 05-04-2004 11:07 AM

Hi there

I'm new to this website - so glad I found it. And love this thread about getting below 199!

Quick intro - 38 yrs old, married to hubby almost 11 years, an 8-year old autistic daughter, work full time and love to eat. I noticed over the past few years that as I gained weight I'd say things like "well, at least I'm not over 200 pounds" and then "at least I'm not over 220", etc, etc. I got on the scale and was a whopping 264!! I almost fell over. No wonder I've been feeling so tired, and my feet ache, and my back hurts...you all know how this goes.

I have all the books from my previous enrollment with WW and will be doing that from home. It's really the only plan I've tried that allows me to eat what I want, within reason. But doing the WW from home, while I do get support from hubby, I needed to find a source of support from other dieters. I was so fortunate to find this website.

Wish me luck - and thanks in advance for being here :)

SW 264/ CW 264/ GW 150

Girlie 05-04-2004 11:09 AM

Congrats!!!

Good Morning, everyone! :coffee:

It's great to see such success! What an inspiration! We're definitely moving forward as a team!!!!!

Jenn -- that's awesome! Ten pounds gone! Ohh, you'll have to tell me what your "surprise" is going to be! Good for you, you deserve it!!! :lol:

Lynne - AWESOME! Congratulations, ONEderland! How does it feel! :dizzy: Don't forget about us all here! We'll get there! Please stick around and share with us! We all wanna be where YOU :o are!!! ;) You definitely deserve it...you've been sticking around and hanging in there from the start!

As for Girlie LOL...I had a great workout at the gym last night. I keep telling myself though, how much more beneficial all of that sweating would be if I ate better. I have been craving FRIED :devil: things lately! I made French toast for dinner last night...I'd been craving that too, and it was GOOOOOD. I stepped on the scale after the gym last night and it was up a pound, but that will go down too by the next weigh in. I must do better this week. Lynne and Jenn, you have inspired me to do better :D

And Sue, I'm trying to get in more water like you do. I have a hard time drinking water...usually, I only have water at the gym during my workout. I like water to be ice cold and we don't have ice at home (our freezer is too tiny). I've been trying to substitute my diet sodas for flavored waters like Fruit 2-0 by Veryfine, the non-carbonated, calorie free, spring water. I figure that is better than the sodas and closer to real water...i'm trying to drink two bottles a day (48oz) at work to start, then drink water only with meals at home.

I'm going to have a grilled chicken breast for lunch with a little BBQ sauce and maybe find a veggie. I did better my first couple of weeks when I was eating lots of protein. For breakfast, I am having a Quaker Oatmeal Square.

CONGRATS to everyone once again! Thanks for inspiring me!

Girlie 05-04-2004 11:19 AM

Welcome, Mary!

Mary -

WELCOME I will wish you :goodluck: but you don't need it! You are here and that proves that you have the desire and will to do it!!! Please stick around and hang with us! :gossip: I really think we are a great group. I have no problem admitting my faults :o and of course I love reporting my success :dancer: here along with everyone else. I really think I need this so someone can put the smack down on me :judge: when I need it LOL!

Everyone who is "new" or who is lurking, join us! I love reading about everyone's routines. You can write whatever you want, what you are doing for exercise, your food, your activities, recipies, etc. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Okay, I just thought I'd say this since I have time...sometimes I just don't have much time to give a proper welcome. I think we're a great group and I love reading about everyone!

:balloons:

MERinker 05-04-2004 11:22 AM

Girlie,

How do you like that Fruit 2-0? I like regular water, but my daughter doesn't. Her doc said she needs to be drinking more water and was thinking she might like the Fruit 2-0 as an alternative. Does it taste ok?