3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/38913-new-year-new-goals-new-me-week-14-a.html)

Chachee 04-03-2004 03:08 AM

New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 14

Hi if anyone is there. Seems my diet/exercise buddies are MIA. Hmmm....Dan? Chequita? Lucky? Anyone here??

My goals for this week are:

1. Leave 2 points each day
2. No ice cream/desserts
3. Workout 5 times this week

I'm not doing well so far on the working out, but everything else is okay. I need to start back in with exercising tomorrow. I've been real busy with training at night in addition to working my normal shift.

I hope everyone comes back soon.

Chach

dannyb 04-05-2004 03:39 PM

I'm back!!!

Hi, Chach! Sorry to be awol for so long :^:

My home computer crapped out, and that is where I usually log on from. Last week was a real busy one at work, so I really didn't have time to log on.

I am glad to see that you have been doing so well. Have you had much of a thaw up there yet? That'll probably help you to get your exercising on track when it warms up some.

Well, I had let myself go for a while. The bad habits from the cruise carried over to my regular eating. I had gained back all that I had lost since the beginning of the year and was up to 235.

Fortunately, I managed to get back on track around last Thursday, and I am already back down to 230.

The good news is that a new computer, ordered from Dell, is on the way!

Take care, and I'll check in w/ you again - - much sooner, I promise!

Hi, Chequita; Hi, Lucky

Dan

jollygirl 04-06-2004 09:17 AM

Hi all. Got room for a new voice? I need some extra support again, as life has taken one of those unexpected turns. So far, my diet and exercise has NOT suffered, which is surprising. I have even lost 10 pounds in two weeks (ok, part of that was stomach flu, but hey!). But I need to work on continuing to eat healthy, even though I just want to hide myself under the covers and eat Ben and Jerry's. So, if you have room for one more, my goal for this week will be:
1) Work out 5-7 times this week.
2) Do weights twice this week (man, I hate this goal).
3) Drink enough water.
I am not going to address food this week. I have been doing pretty good, and will look at that again. But for now, I need to keep fairly stress free goals, as I have a LOT of stress.

thanks for letting me in, I hope.

JOlly

chequitagirl 04-06-2004 11:37 AM

hello jolly and welcome. dan and chach i am so sorry i was pretty much awol last week, but i am back with full force. wi yesterday went alright, l lost the 1 lb from last week and another 1/2 lb for a grand total of 1.5 lbs. for the week. i have 5 more lbs. til twoterville and i am wondering if i willever make it. i know with your support i can do it. glad to hear all 3 of us are getting back on track. jolly it sounds like your goals for the week are definately on the right track. good luck and hope everyone has a great big wonderful tuesday. talk to you all more later.

Chachee 04-06-2004 12:12 PM

Hello all my buddies! (Jolly, it's so nice to see you.)

Dan: Sorry about your home computer! We bought new Dell laptops a few months ago and I love them! I'm not going to throw a fit about your 5 pound loss since Thursday, yet! (I remember what you said about men losing it faster.) Keep up the great work and I'm glad you are back!

Chequita: Great job on the loss! You might hit 2ferland next week! How awesome would that be?? I'm so proud of you! You are totally right--with all our support we are going to do so well!

Jolly: My friend, it's so good to see you! I kept asking if anyone had heard from you, and no one had. Welcome back and these two people are wonderful people and very supportive! I think your goals are wonderful, as we need to not put too much on ourselves when we are stressed! I'm glad your diet and exercise haven't fallen away too much! 10 pounds is awesome. I'm losing mine more slowly this time, but hey, it's going to stay off this time.

Okay, I'm not meeting my goal of exercise this week very well. I was shoveling snow for two days. (I'm counting that as working out because I did not only mine, but two other driveways--one for my pregnant friend and one for my elderly neighbor!) I have been on my Gazelle twice, but I am still probably going to fall short. Hey, wait, I said only 5 times this week, so if I get it in tomorrow (as my week ends on Wednesdays) I will meet the goal. We will see!

Weigh in is tomorrow, and I honestly have no idea how it's going to go. I am hoping for a loss, and I think I might squeak one out. I need 3 more to go to 15 and my next gold star sticker! Good news is that I am now in a size 18, down from a 22. That's pretty good in almost 2 months. I can handle that!

Okay, back to work and I'll check in with you all later!

Welcome again, Jolly!

Chach

jollygirl 04-07-2004 12:06 PM

Good morning all. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I really appreciate it. I did not make it to the gym yesterday or today. I had some work done on my foot last week, and I am starting to feel it. Plus, I admit, part of it is that I am spending more time in my room at night reading, and getting less sleep. I need to stop that, or at least set a limit. I do have my bag packed for a quick workout tonight before choir. I will not let stress ruin my life. Chachee, I have to ask, how are the beagles?? I am going to keep my weigh ins for Mondays. I have set some rewards for myself for loss goals. I realized I need to give myself one for the 10 pounds. Hmmmmm. Actually, I bought myself new shoes and new jeans last week, so that will have to do. Take care all.

Chachee 04-07-2004 12:33 PM

Hey Jolly! The beagles are great. They are fully grown (yeah, right) and are very small still. Buster is about 10" tall and is about 17 pounds. Peanut is about 8" tall and about 10 pounds. They are very athletic and are crazy!!! They are almost done blowing out their puppy fur, thank goodness! I thought I was in dog shedding h***!!

New jeans and shoes? My kind of woman! I bought a new sweater last week. I definitely think goals are important, as are rewards!

Dan and Chequita, good morning! Hope things are well for both of you!!

Okay, folks, tonight is weigh in for me. I got on the scales this morning after being on my Gazelle for 20 minutes (5/7 on exercise this week, wahoo!). I am now officially, by my scales, at my lowest in 10 years. I will probably show a loss this week, but I don't know that it will be the 3 pounds I wanted. It's okay. I'm happy to be a loser!!

Went to Applebees last night and had a wonderful salad. Blackened chicken salad. Way low on WW points, only 8! It was huge and instead of the dressing I have vinegar on the side. Really made it taste good!

I have a couple recipes I got from the meetings I will share with you all when I can find them. I made a chocolate cake with cherry coke last night, topped with light Cool Whip. Oh yummy! I was thinking I would make a strawberry cake with strawberry soda and top it with the new strawberry Cool Whip. Yummy!

I'll check in later tonight or in the morning and let you all know how weigh in went. Keep those fingers crossed for me!!

Oh, and Jolly, put that book down and go to bed! I'm obsessed like that with knitting now!

Chach

Chachee 04-08-2004 12:23 AM

Good evening, everyone. Thought I would jump on here since I had a chance.

I was down tonight at weigh in. Down 3.2 to make it to 15.2 total lost since Feb 18th. Oh yeah, I'm excited! I got another star which makes it two plus a bookmark. I am under 10 pounds from getting my 10% keychain, which is awesome!

My goals this week are:

1. Work out 5 times this week, at least. Consider moving activity up to 30 minutes a day.
2. And this is a big one, not get on the scales until next Wednesday before weigh in.

I struggle daily with weighing in, and I am finding I am weighing myself sometimes 4 and 5 times a day. Not good and not healthy. I need to stick to the plan, as it's obvious it's working, and not fret over the scales!

Hope everyone else is having a good week. Talk to you all later!

Chach

chequitagirl 04-08-2004 11:20 AM

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS :cheer: :cheer: YGG wi went great. i am so proud of you. i measured tuesday night and am down another 8 inches for the month of march. that makes it a total of 27 inches. i don't have much time so i hope everyone is having a great thursday. talk to you all later.

luckycharm 04-09-2004 12:17 AM

Hi everyone.

Audrey wow :cheer: :cheer: way to go. You are doing so well. You are well on your way to losing those 5 pounds that you are wanting. We are here cheering you on.

Dan you get a :cheer: to for getting back on track. Actually if we can just lose 5 pounds as quick as you do we will all be feeling great. Are you and the family still going to the gym together? I hope your new computer comes quickly.

JOLLY :D :wave: ;) it is great to hear from you again. We have been missing you. We were worried. Sorry to hear that you had the flu. Hope that you had fun shopping for your new jeans and shoes.

Chachee. WTG on the loss again this week. You are doing so well. :cheer: :bravo: :cheer: And you are still using your gazelle? Good thing I only had one dream about it. Well feel free to share all your great recipes with us. Especially desert ones.

Ok I really have been trying to stick with 2 goals. They are drinking water and exercising. I have done pretty well with both of them so far this week. Now that it is nice out I have been walking to work. I asked my boss if I could walk my dog to work everyday and let her hang around, as I am really the only one in the office for most of the day, and I was so surprised as they said yes I could. So next week my walking time should be a little quicker.

Must run. Catch up later.

Chachee 04-09-2004 12:29 PM

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the congrats! I wasn't expecting that big of a loss, but I am happy it happened. This might be a slower week, as it's pms time, so we'll see how good the scale gods are to me!

Chequita: Congrats on the loss of inches! That is incredible. My measurements happen next Wednesday, so we will see how it goes. I think I might have about 5 more gone.

Lucky: Great job on keeping up with your goals this week! That's really cool about you having your dog with you. Wish I could bring my poopers with me!!

Okay, guys, I might be MIA the next few days. Trying to finish up the basement and getting Easter going. I'll try to check in, but it might be Tuesday before I can.

Keep up all the great work and DAN-------time to report in!!

Chach

jollygirl 04-09-2004 01:12 PM

Hi all. Chachee, congrats on the loss. Lucky, thanks for the welcome back. Not that the flu is gone, I am really trying to take one day at a time, and not turn to food to comfort myself. It is really hard sometimes, as I am under a lot of stress. But fat won't make me feel better.

So, I am going to get off my butt, finish cleaning, and get out to the barn and gym. I can not get all depressed and catatonic either.

So, here's to a wonderful holiday weekend for all. I will check in again later :)

Chachee 04-09-2004 02:58 PM

Forgot to set up the new thread. It's Week 15, for those of us counting. I'll go set it up right now.

Happy Easter!

Chach