Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #16  
2BoysMom

Penny, hope things work out with Andrew . I will say a big prayer for him tonight.

Melinda, hope the job offer is good

Candy, sounds like it's time to dump the laundry helper. I would rather have piles of laundry than put up with some teen's crap !

Spryng...do you exercise in your jammies?????? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8!! I watched Idol again tonight too. Most did well. I don't like John Peter Louis or the Hawaiian chick with the lower voice..can't think of her name. Amy the pink haired one did excellent tonight. Diana is still my fav!

Ginny, craft junkie That's me! Last year for my birthday I got the Sizzix die cutter...LOVE IT but you have to buy all the dies separately. I only get them when I have a 40 or 50% off coupons. I should look on EBAY for them! Glad your driving went better today. We have one of those really bad drivers here in WI. He hit a kid who is disabled . Can't remember what the outcome was.

Ricci -- where are you? I think it's been a day or two since we heard from you! Have you heard from the salon yet?

Didn't do any more intentional exercise except to mop the kitchen and bathroom floors tonight. Now I'm wiped and I'm heading off to bed.

Talk to you all tomorrow. I think it's supposed to rain so we'll be stuck inside. Ginny, we're sending the warm weather your way asap! They're saying 60's soon!

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

BYE
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
GERI!!!! I don't know how you knew but you got my butt in gear and I got my workout in. 20 min of intense pilates!!!! I was coming to bed and decided to see if anyone posted and I read your post and there you were telling me how could I exercise in my jammies and you were right, I had no intention of exercising after I put my pj's on this evening. But you made me feel guilty because I promised to get in a workout today so I got out of this chair, turned all the lights back on and did my workout and boy do I feel better now! Thank you so much! You are just what I needed tonight. I've just been so unmotivated lately to workout, but I know I really really need it because even if I get to my goal weight I'm still going to be unhappy with my body because it isn't toned and that is something I can change. Thank you!!
Penny, I know you must be worried sick. Let us know what happens and if you ever need to talk you have my number or email me if you like. I'll be thinking of you constantly.
Melinda, sorry I got you confused with Ricci on the salon job. I don't know why I thought it was you trying to get on at the tanning salon. I must be brain dead. I know what you mean about baby food being so expensive. It's ridiculous. I don't buy much of it anymore though.
Candy, no I haven't tried those ranch chik patties yet. I've seen them though. I do like chicken sandwiches. I'll have to try them soon. I'm finding I like boca products better than MSF. I don't know why. Maybe because they are cheaper?? Not sure. Sorry about your helper driving you crazy today. Maybe she is going through a rough time at home or school? I know she didn't act that way towards you and your kids before all these recents incidents so maybe something is going on. But I agree that if it is bothering you that much it's time for her to work elsewhere.
I did enjoy Idol tonight. I like seeing these people inspired to do pop music try their hand at country! I really enjoyed Denise also. And the girl with the pink hair I thought was the best tonight. Didn't care for the girl who did desperado, or the girl with the flower in her hair. But we'll see who makes it tomorrow night.
Well guess I need to get in bed now. Sleep well everyone! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:29 AM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!

Penny- I am so sorry about Andrew's blood work......I had a week like that last week with Dd's VCUG(which did not come out normal), so I can feel your pain a wee bit. When is the consultation? Do you have any idea what they are going to recommend? I will keep you and Andrew in my prayers....how is your BP?

Spryng- gee the tan sounds nice.....Glad you got your workout in! BTW- I do my tape in my jammies all the time.

Hey, Geri! Mopping the floor is excercise!!!!! Atleast in my book. I used to say that I waxed my floor with apple juice- if you can catch the humor in that because I had so many spills of it! (one friend actually took me seriously on it too............ ). Hope you had a nice restful evening.

Melinda- the job sounds good, and once you are set up with them, think of the possibilities (fill in for vacations, overload times....etc) I hope I did not sound too negative before- I wanted to get across that working from home is NOT as easy as it sounds to some (especially Dh's!). But it does have some great advantages. Hope it works out for you.

Candy- duh. I did not remember your saga with getting the eardrum cleaned out. Sorry!!!! How awful that you are still in pain. Hope that goes away soon.

Overslept this am......no walk
Gotta get out of here to drive the kiddies. Have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #19  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Everyone,

Spryng,
Congrats on getting the workout in!!!! Sometimes a little motivation does the trick! Glad you are getting your tan and getting a little peace, even if it is only for 8 minutes

Candy,
Sorry you had such a ruff day yesterday ;( I am glad you got caught up on some work and hope you had a good night

Geri,
What the heck is a Sizzix die cutter You got me curious so I am going to look it up on ebay! I am a craft junkie too and don't know what the heck that is! Hope your sewing machine is on its way!

Ginny,
Hope you have a better day on the bus today! You can vent here anytime!!!!!

Melinda,
I saw the sewing machine at Target yesterday for $39.00. I was in a hurry with the kids so I didn't really check it out too much. Let us know what happens with the job today

Andrea,
How are you doing??

Ricci,
How are you doing??? I am curious about the salon too!

Well,
My blood pressure was boardline 130/90 which is always for me. With my hubby quitting his job, the new insurance wanted info on my high blood pressure, Andrew's kidney disorder and his anemia. So I had to go to the doctor and get current info on it.

I have been on medicine for a long time but I quit after I had Andrew. Don't know why and I guess I should be back on it. I was hoping with the weight going down it would be getting better.

I don't know if I am getting what Hunter got ( I always catch everything the kids do) I am so sick to my stomach this morning. Might be all the stress

I did get on the scale this morning like I do every morning and then realized today is the day I record my weight. Well it is down 2 pounds that I gained last week.

I need to get going and wash my hair this morning. Hunter has to be at school at 8 and Andrew's appt is at 8:35 so I will be back later

Have a great ON plan day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:40 AM   #20  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Geri,
I just looked up the Sizzix die cutter. It is kind of like die cuts or punchies??? I use them for scrapbooking. It says perfect for crafts, scrapbooking etc

You got my interest........

Penny
Old 03-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #21  

Good morning all!
Ginny, are you going to Wi today? I hope it goes well to you and let me know how the meeting is. Do you not sweat while wearing your pj's and working out?? With pilates I don't sweat, I do get hot and the workout is great but I don't sweat like I would with The Firm or something like that. I always have to take a shower to cool down after doing the firm. But that brings me to a question for you all.... What kind of pj's do you normally wear?? (kinda like the makeup question) I am a frilly girl all the way so it's satin or silk, or cute little spaghetti strap tops with matching pants or shorts. I've never been into sweats and such to sleep in. Too confining and hot. I love long silky gowns though, but all of mine are too big now and don't fit right anymore. But I guess that is a good thing! So what do you all wear?
Penny, my DH has high BP too and doesn't take his medicine. Actually now that he is OTR it hasn't bothered him one bit but he should still take it until the doctor says not to. I worry about him tiring out his heart by making it work harder than it needs to. He is only 27 so I want him around for many many more years without heart problems. When do you see the doctor about your son? I hope you get good news. You must be on pins and needles. I'm here for you!! And congrats on getting that 2# back off! Now keep moving forward and you'll get the rest off too. I snuck on the scale this morning also and it's wasn't pretty. I knew I ate way too much this last weekend. So I'll probably see a gain on friday. But it's my own fault. But that is ok... I know it will be gone the following week. Must stay positive!
Well what does everyone have planned for today? I'm just going to clean this house and won't be going anywhere until this evening. It's going to be 75 today!!! In the 80's by the weekend! I am so excited!! What is for dinner? I'll be having baked chicken with red beans and rice. I have an extra kid today. My DH's cousin (the one I tan with) her daughter wanted to stay the night so she came this morning. She is really sweet though (she's 9) and plays great with the kids. I enjoy having her.
Well, gotta go! TTYL!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #22  
2BoysMom

Hi the kids are jumping all over me so this will be a short one!

Spryng, so glad I could guilt you into exercising! Pilates is about the only thing you can do without sweating except maybe the ball. I got a 4 mile walk in this morning and she darn near killed me

Jammies, right now it's a big flannel (no frills) "big shirt" style. For summer it was finally time to replace my oversize knit nightshirts so I bought a lavendar knit sleeveless nightgown...but sometimes I sleep 'au natural' ! Depends how hot it is! I have to have covers though.

Will's got dirty diapers and I have to get them in the tub so we can do some running around. I'll get more personal later!
Penny, congrats on the loss!!

bye
Old 03-24-2004, 10:42 AM   #23  
Movin' to the Country!

Morning! Spryng, I catch a lot of flack from my friends but I don't wear jammies to bed, only around the house! My Dh got me sleeping that way when we first go married and now I just can't stand to have clothes on in the bed. Around the house I wear my flannel pants and sweats. I LOVE sweats. I used to make a big production of putting exercise clothes on before exercising but then it became too much of a chore so now I just exercise in my house clothes. Anyhows, sounds like you have a little helper today. Hope you get lots of cleaning done.

Penny, so sorry to hear about the baby's low iron and you bp. I'm sure as you continue to lose your bp will improve. Ginny, didn't you just experience something like that? I hope things will get less stressful soon! I'm sure that doesn't help! And congrats on the 2lbs gone!!!

Melinda, sounds like you might have a really great job opportunity there. Hope it works out. And I know what you mean about the spring mix. It seems to go bad so quick and I just can't eat it fast enough. I mix it with romaine so it won't be so strong.

Geri, I got tired just reading about all you did yesterday!!! Congrats on getting in all that exercise!!! How 'bout motivating me???

Ginny, hope you get your exercise sometime today! You probably needed that little bit of extra sleep you got!

Well, not much going on here today. If the weather is nice, I might take the kids to the park. I went and bought a new space saver thingy for over the toilet in the main bathroom yesterday and got the bathroom all cleaned up. Even washed the shower curtain. Made my helper hang it back up! I also gave Buddy a haircut. He looks so much better. Mostly smells better. His hair gets so stinky and we were at the point where we were bathing him every night and he was still stinky. Now he doesn't smell at all! Plus he looks so cute! Oh and I was on the news yesterday but I missed it. Someone called my parents and said they saw me. I knew I was gonna be on but with the news here being on from 5pm-6:30pm I didn't know when and of course it was 5pm. Oh well. I just did a little interview at Walmart about the Amber alert. Well, I'm off. Hope everyone has a good day. Oh, and what's for dinner? I think we'll have chik patties with marinara sauce over pasta. It's new from MSF's. I'll let you know how it is. TTYL!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:23 PM   #24  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone. It's been busy in here the past few days. Let's see if I can remember anything from the last thread.
Ginny- sorry about the trouble on your bus. I have to agree with everyone else, that if it were my kids, I wouldn't have a problem with the driver discplining them. I hope you don't have any more problems with them or their moms.
Candy, I can't belive your still having trouble with your ear. That must really be bad. I can't imagine being in that much pain for that long. What did you say about the Amber alert? Sorry your laundry helper has been such a pain lately. You really don't need that.
Spryng- glad you had a great weekend with dh. I wouldn't worry too much about gaining this week. you have done so well, I doubt there will be a gain. As for pajamas, I too like matching ones. Mine have to be light cotton, or silk or satin. I need a new pair. Someone bought me a pair of spongebob squarepants pajamas last year, but I definately want something else.
Penny- sorry about Andrew. I hope everything works out for him, and you.
Michelle- Welcome. I am Ricci, sahm to two boys, 5 and 3. I am sure you will enjoy it here. These women are wonderful.
Melinda, I hope the job works out for you. It sounds like a great oppurtunity for you.
Geri it sounds like you have done really well OP! Keep up the good work.
As for me, I have been doing well with exercising and food. My mom sold her house, and she is moving over here. She will only be three miles from me now. I have been helping her pack up, thats why I haven't been on here much. I called the tanning salon, and they said this week they were concentrating on the grand opening of one of the other stores, and would be calling people in next week for interviews. Hopefully I will be one of them.
Jackie, sorry I missed you. Hope your having a great day. Have a good day ladies.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Gotta be short, as I had a total moron for a checkout girl at Walmart and it took 30 minutes!!!!!!! (space cadet)

Penny- what meds are/were you on?? My MD has me on lotrel, which has - for me - been fine. No side effects. I have found better control with the weight loss- and lots of excercise. That new higher intensity workout that I do has helped a ton too....so congrats on your 2# loss. Keep up the good work!!!! Hopefully you can stay off meds.

Ricci- how nice your Dm is moving so close!!! (wish I lived that close to mine)
Hope you get that interview with the tanning salon. Sounds like a pleasant job.

Candy- so you are a celebrity, huh????? Too bad we can't all see it. Hope that ear is feeling better. The over the toilet organizer sounds great. Anything to reduce clutter.

Spryng- enjoy the extra kid! SOmetimes they can be fun. Hope you can get some AP's out of that housecleaning....want to clean mine after you are done?????

Geri- sound like you are having a busy day. Hope it slows down a bit for you.

Ok-got to WW- the meeting was all about "spring training" and getting your workout in. But it was good to be there. I lost a whopping .6#- I'll get there some day.
As far as the jammies go, I am into comfort.....so it is oversized shirts or flannels for me. Sorry to be so boring. When we first got married I tried the frilly stuff and Dh could care less. (did not even notice). So, I opted for comfort.......and stayed there. I know , I am boring.
Gotta go get ready for the afternoon. See ya!!!!!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:47 PM   #26  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies,

Ricci,
That is wonderful! I bet you are really excited about your mom!!!! My mother in law lives two houses down and my mom and dad decided to buy land behind us and build a house. So they are building now and we all eat supper together. It is really nice!

Candy,
Will they show you again??? I bet the kids would enjoy seeing mom on tv!!!!

Geri,
Hope the kiddos were good in town. And about sleeping in the nude!!!! No way!!! My hubby would be on me like white on rice....... LOL

Ginny,
Don't you just know it, when you are always in a hurry you get goofy check out people!!!!! I was on aldomet 500 mg 4xdaily and towards the end of pregnancy when I went into the hospital and on bedrest they added a procardia to it. I should be on it now but I just hate taking medicine. I am trying to beat it through exercise diet and weight loss.

Spryng,
Supper sounds great!!! Is the 9 year old not in school?? Nosey i know. LOL Hope she is helping you around the house today and getting work cleaning done. It is a never ending battle! It is 70 here so pretty close to your temps!

I am still not feeling well. Hubby and I have a business dinner tonight with a salesman for his company. So I am hoping to be better by this evening.

My mom is wonderful though! She come with me to bring Hunter to school and bring Andrew to the doctor. Then took Nicholas to town with her so I could get some rest. Well, Andrew had other plans but at least I laid down!

Andrew ----
The doctor said his iron was at 25.2 when he was in the hospital and now it is 43 which he said is better. Norm is 45 to 185.2 They have him on the strongest iron he can be on. So he said it is getting better and will have him checked again at one year.

And on the jammy issue. I usually sleep in silk pj bottoms from walmart and tank tops (turned inside outside!) I can't take the tags at night so I turn them inside out LOL

I will check back in later

Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 03-24-2004, 03:47 PM   #27  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon all

Just had to go to the bank to dep the unemployment check (they don't believe in direct deposit...I suppose that would make it too easy ) then to Walmart for diapers and to McDonalds 'cause Will was soooo good in Walmart. I had veggie soup and a sandwich for lunch.

Penny, sure hope you're feeling better in time for dinner! No fun if you're sick.
Sounds like Andrew has improved so hopefully by a year he will be in the normal range?? Will keep my fingers crossed

Ginny, I can't wear the frilly stuff unless I'm willing to put out ! Seems like it's an invitation to Dh ....so I only do that occasionally! Gotta get my sleep so I can take care of the kids you know? BTW, how many AP for nevermind!

Spryng, enjoy the nice warm weather! It's in the 50s here but rained this morning and looks like it may again.

Ricci, good to hear from you. My mom's moving about 1.5 miles from me in June! She's only about 15 minutes away now but will be moving to a more affordable senior apartment then. Glad you are doing well.

Candy, a TV star! Can I get your autograph? I was on the news twice..once was weather related and I don't remember what the other one was about...I used to work downtown so they would stop you on the street all the time! It's fun but you end up criticizing (sp?) what you looked like

Tonight is my girls dinner out night. We're going to a place called The Twisted Fork. Looked the menu up on line and am planning on ordering grilled ahi tuna...sounded like a good healthy choice. Hopefully I won't change my mind once I get there! The internet is a wonderful thing if you like to plan ahead.

I may or may not post when I get home...all depends how tired I am. Tony's hanging on me again...wants Mama I guess

Hi to anyone I missed!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #28  

I meet with my old office this afternoon and the person they hired was a disaster. She walked out and had a friend come it to replace her. She hired her own replacement. How crazy is that? Anyway, they pretty much said that they want me back and that they would take any hours that I could give. They even said the pay is negotiable, however I do need to be in the office so I would not be able to work from home. I spend about 12 hours a week with my mom anyway, so she said she would be fine keeping JW. If I could work it where I go in 2 days, 16 hours a week, that would be great. Still nursing so I would have to pump. But just enough adult interaction where I'd like to work, but not too much away from JW. I told them I would let them know by Friday.

I did get in a workout right before my meeting. Only 33 min on precor. The girl in the nursery is getting married and wanted to see my wedding pic so that took 20 min of my workout.

Have a Happy Wednesday! I will get more personal, once I clear my head.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #29  

Good evening all!
Melinda, I hope that job can work with you on hours and days and such so you get what you want out of it. Let us know what you decide!
Geri, 20 min of should equal about 1 AP, lol!! Believe me I get plenty of AP's when DH is in, LOL. (sorry TMI) Is that twisted fork place italian?? Sounds cool. I'm so jealous you get a girls night out. Is anyone else in your group trying to lose weight? I think it is great that you looked up the restaurant and menu before going... you will do great tonight!!
Penny, no the 9 yo is out of school this week. Spring break. And I wish I was getting cleaning done. I've managed to load the dishwasher once today and that is it. My poor house. I just feel too lazy to do anything lately.
Ginny congrats on the .6 gone!! You WILL get there!! I know you will.
Ricci, sounds like you have been busy! Packing is great exercise. I've done it too many times, hopefully not for another few years now.
Candy, an Au Naturel girl huh? I could never get into that. I have to at least wear panties or I feel naked... lol... well because I am!! But not physically naked. It's a weird head thing with me.
Well dinner was great! Now I am getting ready to go tan. I get to up my time to 8 min tonight! I'm excited about that. See how boring my life is? Then when we come home I promised to let the kids make a cake (no frosting though because I am out, but they won't mind) so we'll be making more messes, lol. Then survivor and such is on tonight. So a mellow evening planned out. TTYL!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 PM   #30  

Hey Everybody!

I am pooped! I'm having to get adjusted to Dh being gone again. He was home for a 2 wk stretch. He's been gone since Sun and has been to Virginia, New York, Canada, Wis., Utah, Alabama and some other places I can't remember. He is loving it. I on the other hand have not been so happy. I'm starting to think I may be suffering from some depression from the miscarriage and just being alone a lot. My weight has stayed the same. I'm still at 158 so I haven't gained any, but I having a hard time staying o.p. I really want to hit 125 by Aug. 24. (my anniversary) So I have about 30 lbs left to lose. At least I'm down from 170. Anyway, I hope I can be on here more often, I've missed ya'll! Just have had ALOT going on latley. Alex is recovering fine from surgery.

I'm not going to get personal tonight. I'm way to tired to think strait. I'll get personal tomorrow! TTYL!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote