3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Teachers struggling to lose weight #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/38336-teachers-struggling-lose-weight-5-a.html)

Summerlover 04-20-2004 05:47 PM

Going to the zoo during April break is a big mistake...wow! I've been going to this zoo since I was a child myself, and I have NEVER seen a crowd like I saw yesterday. One thing that irritated me was that I saw A LOT of cute little "stay at home mommies" with their cute little babies (no sign of an older sibling) at the zoo yesterday. GET A CLUE! IT IS SPRING BREAK AND EVERY MOM, GRANDMA, AUNT, OR BABYSITTER IS LOOKING TO ENTERTAIN THE KIDS, SO STAY AWAY FROM THE ZOO UNTIL NEXT WEEK WHEN WE ARE ALL BACK IN SCHOOL!!! YOU CAN GO ANY DAY, ANY TIME YOU D*MN WELL PLEASE!!! :fr: SO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR 3 MONTH OLD WHO IS TOO SMALL TO RIDE ON THE ZOO'S CAROUSEL ANYWAY!!! It was bad enough with all the school kids. When I was home during the day when my DD was a baby, we always avoided the museums, zoos, and malls when the schools had vacations. I hate crowds, and I guess I just assume others do to. I had to park a half a mile away from the parking lot, had to wait 30 minutes just to get into the zoo (if it wasn't a play date where we were meeting people, I would have left.), couldn't move in the zoo, waited 45 minutes to ride the carousel, couldn't even get near the concession stand...it was INSANE!!! Next year, I will know better.

Today, I paid bills, did laundry, and put away the winter clothes. It is finally warm enough to wear spring clothes. DD and I walked to her school and played on the playground. I had many moments of wanting to cheat, but kept busy so that I didn't go overboard.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with my allergist then a play date at a public indoor pool. I'm not nuts about putting on a bathing suit this early...no tan...I really need to shave... My friend invited us over to play and involved another friend and her child. This child trashes my friend's house, so she planned something outside of the house. THANKS A LOT! She is notorious for combining play dates...which sucks because at least with kids, three's a crowd. Somebody's feelings always get hurt. So, expect some stories tomorrow night.

Take care ladies!

Summer

KAR73 04-20-2004 08:34 PM

HI Y'ALL:

Summer sounds like your trip to the zoo was a bust. We took the Special Needs Classes form my school last year. By the time we got there, we only had 2 or 2 1/2 hours to walk around and look at the different animals. Then we got back on the bus and came home. So I thought it was a wasted day. The kids, parents and teachers complained about not having enough time there. So this year I am not planning to take my kids on any field trips. I can't expect them to behave at school, so why take them out in public to act like they do at school. Not only would that be an embarrassment to my aide and myself, but also to our whole school.
I went to TOPS tonight and lost 1 1/4 pounds. So my trick of drinking half my body weight in ounces of water daily is working. I have done it for two weeks now and have lost both weeks. Now I only have 11 more pounds to lose by my birthday if I want to reach my goal of being 200 pounds. Well I need to go and take my contacts out. They are starting to feel like they are going to stick to my eyeballs like suction cups. Not a good sign, since it hurts like **** trying to take them out when they are super dry.
Summer enjoy yourself at the indoor pool tomorrow. I hope no one's feelings get hurt tomorrow.
Have a great Wednesday everyone?
Take care,
Kerry

HatterasMermaid 04-21-2004 10:46 PM

Hey all....

I've got tons to say...and not a second to type it..... (**My gradelevel at school is not going on any field trips this year...and we aren't crying over it!**)

Last week's Spring Break is nothing but a blurr....we are back in full force with the insanity that has become typical at my school. PLUS we are now making up the lost time from the hurricane (remember old Isobel from wayyyy back in September??) We are having extended days from now until Memorial Day. Someone is going to get hurt.
I'm not sure who or when....but MANNNNNNNN these days are really getting to be painful...and it is only Wednesday....

I got home from school after 5:30 tonight. Didn't get dinner to the family until nearly 6 and I was doing a wonderfully nutritious hotdog and bean thing..... I'm LOST at how I'm going to survive this.. I'm totally NOT in the mood or have the energy to exercise... I'm dead on my feet just from NOT letting the kids kill each other all day...and of course from being pecked to death by my little ducks...

I'm going for now....cause my cheerfulness is scary! :) talk to you soon...
take care..R.

KAR73 04-22-2004 01:51 PM

Hi Ladies,
I was sick yesterday. All I did from Tuesday night until yesterday afternoon is run to the bathroom and sit on the pot. I felt better today and came to school. Boy was that a mistake. Why is it when you are not feeling 100% your kids feed upon that? I am so ready to go home. But I still have to stay for an hour and a half after school to do intervention. I can't wait to go home and just relax for a little bit. I might try to go to Curves and work out tonight. But we will have to see. I don't want to get in the habit of not excersing again. But I could easily fall into that habit.
Robyn sorry to hear that you are having a rough week. I think we are going to have a lot of those rough weeks until the end of the school year.
Summer I hope you survived the pool day!
Take care. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

Summerlover 04-22-2004 08:43 PM

Okay, let's try this again...

I posted a very lengthy post last night, only to have it disappear into cyberspace. I was too tired to redo it.

I will attempt now to try again.

Yesterday afternoon, we had our play date at an indoor pool at a hotel. It cost me $10!!! I (silly me) assumed that my friend had some sort of membership. $10 to swim?! I have never paid money to swim before. That is just weird. Her argument was that we pay to go to the movies. In my life, if I swam off-season, it was where either I or a friend/family member had a membership. Who invites someone to go swimming without telling them they'd better have cash on hand? Luckily, I had money left from the zoo!

So, I saw why my friend didn't want that little boy (I will call him Satan) in her home. All I can say is ADHD major!!! To make matters worse, mom appears to be afraid of her son :devil: . She has no clue about setting limits, following through, consistency, DISCIPLINE!!! She just looks at Satan admiringly and makes TONS OF EXCUSES for his behavior.

Silly me, I thought by tying my hair up, I could keep it dry. You see, my child listens to me and follows rules. If I tell her not to splash me or jump in the pool near me, she does what I tell her. She knows if she pisses me off, there will be consequences...and I NEVER back down. So, most of the time, my child obeys me. No, she isn't a saint :angel: , she has just learned that life is more fun-filled and happy when mommy is happy. :) EASY, NO BIG DEAL. I'M THE MOM, SHE'S THE KID...DUH!!!

Okay, so, today I went for my annual GYN. I've been putting it off till I lost some weight. I lost 5 pounds, so I figured that the midwife would at least be happy that I am making an effort and am on my way to my goal. WELL, IS IT JUST ME OR IS EVERY DOCTOR'S SCALE HIGHER THAN EVERY OTHER SCALE IN THE WORLD?! My scale is set to match my neighborhood Weight Watcher's scale. THE DOCTOR'S SCALE SAID THAT I WEIGHED 10 POUNDS MORE THAN MY HOME SCALE!!! When I told that to the midwife, she just shook her head and averted her eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAA AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!! So, DD and I had lunch at McDonalds. Yes, I had the chicken tenders (5 piece) meal. :( Then we went to the movies, and I had candy and a slushy. :(

I know I shouldn't let people make me so angry that I revert to old behaviors, but I hate being treated like a child who won't do what she is told. I deserve to be treated with dignity.

Kerry, I'm so sorry you were sick and had to be at work. :( Feel better.

Robyn, Sorry you have to go to school for extended hours. That totally SUCKS :(

I promise to get back on track and not let the turkeys get me down.

Summer

HatterasMermaid 04-22-2004 11:31 PM

Kerry, sorry you have been sick.
Summer, sorry to hear that not only did you have to pay to swim with Satan...you ALSO had the nurse giving you THAT look.... I hate HATE hate that look....

I will spare you any of my mood of the night...trust me... it ain't pretty...
oh btw, heard thru the grapevine that I didn't get that job I interviewed for....
I'm too exhausted to be upset over it! LOL

TGtomorrowIF!
((hugs of support))
Chins up girlies!
take care,
R.

Summerlover 04-23-2004 04:28 PM

Gee Robyn, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I guess it wasn't "meant to be." But don't let this stop you from finding a better place for you to teach.

We were up early on our last official day of vacation thanks to the Duffy, the dog. I guess he was lonely, because he usually sleeps later than the rest of the family. First he woke up the child, then the child and the dog woke up the mom.

We got an oil change then went to the travel agent to pay the balance of our trip to Disneyworld. We made reservations for the "Once Upon A Time" breakfast with Cinderella and her royal family. We also made reservations for the Polynesian Luau dinner and show. We had to wait on Mickey in Ohana and Minnie and Friends on Hollywood and Vine. The travel agent can't book it until tomorrow...some 90 day rule. I know it sounds like a lot of character breakfasts, but my DD will only be 6 years old once, and who knows when we will be able to afford to go back there again.

I bought one of those "thigh master" type of contraptions today...more for my butt and hips than for my thighs. I will let you know if it works.

I must be TOTALLY COMMITTED from here on in. We will arrive in Disney on July 21st. That gives me 89 days to lose enough weight to not be embarrassed in a bathing suit.

Today I had to get lots of miscellaneous school work done including lesson plans. I also have to do lesson plans for Sunday School this Sunday.

I was planning on painting the dining room and outside furniture during vacation, but it may have to wait till another time. I had to make sure that DD had plenty of fun rather than watching the tube while mommy does chores. In the long run, it is better for me to get some recreation in as well (not including the pool day!)

Take care ladies! Cheer up Robyn!

Summer

Summerlover 04-24-2004 08:59 AM

Friends, I need your help. I can't shake this feeling of failure since my GYN appointment. No matter who's scale is right (every doctor's office and every gym I've been to is different), I feel so crappy from the attitude I received at my GYN appointment. I keep seeing her shaking her head and averting her eyes...not believing me when I told her that I have been doing Dr. Phil, exercising, and have lost 5 pounds. She has made me feel ashamed to be fat. I don't usually feel that way, because I know deep in my heart that my value as a human being has NOTHING to do with my appearance. I'm just tired of going to doctors and getting either a lecture (like lectures help!) or an attitude of disapproval. Never has a doctor sat down with me having an empathetic attitude with a willingness to help me. The only advice I have received has been to eat nothing but fish, poultry, and vegetables...YUM! sounds like fun! I will be seeing my gastroenterologist in June. He is one of the worst...you can probably see why. I must make progress by then. They all ignore the fact that my cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is normal, and I have no signs of elevated sugar. The only sign is the fat on my body...period. I am tired of the embarassment. I'm tired of feeling degraded. Please help.

Summer

KAR73 04-24-2004 01:52 PM

Hi Summer and Robyn,
Sounds like everyone's week ended on a bad note. My Friday was pretty bad. I got called in my boss' office to be told that one of my parents went to the superindent complaining about a letter I sent home to her regarding her twin's behavior in my classroom. They have to constantly have their hands on someone through out the school day. Well this only leads to overstimulanting my problem child who then has to attack everyone in his sight. So I politely asked her to tell the boys to keep their hands to themselves from now on. Well she is pissed off because her boys are getting attacked by this other student and why am I singling her boys out and not doing anything to my other student. He is severely autistic and there is no parental support from home. So come Monday or Tuesday, I am suppose to sit down with this lady and my boss to discuss this issue. My boss said that I was not going to be able to get her to buy my point if the boys kept their hands to themselves that might cut down on them getting attacked by the other boy. Help I need suggestions as to what to say to this lady to resolve this issue. I am just tired of playing bodyguard to my students and not getting to teach them much anymore.
Summer, I feel your pain honey. I think doctor's and nurse's should be made to take a course in bedside manner and learn to be more compassionate. After all we pay them enougt for their services. I wouldn't let it get you down. You know in your heart you have lost those 5 pounds and are working to lose more. Don't worry what they think, do this for you. Just picture the shocked looks on their faces when you go into their offices a skinner more spunkier women.
Robyn sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. That just must mean there is a better one out there waiting for you.
Well I need to go and get some housework done. Talk to you all later.
Have a great weekend.
Kerry

HatterasMermaid 04-25-2004 10:09 PM

Hello friends,

I am so sorry to hear how everyone's week ended......

Kerry, I feel so badly for you! God bless you for showing back up to work each morning! AND now the stress just magnifies! Don't you hate it when parents go to the superintendent instead of you or the principal.... I don't know about the twins and the reason that they are with you...However, I do know that you must talk to the mom about her children's safety. That their safety is in jeopardy due to them stimulating the severly autistic child with physical contact. I would also ask the administrator for more support/help with keeping the autistic attacking child out of / away from situations that over stimulate and cause attacking behavior (YES, I know...easier said than done!) Do you have enough adult help in the room? How old and how large are all of these kids? ((((hugs to you girl!)))) Your school needs to be an orderly and safe enviornment for everyone....and everyone needs to keep their hands to themselves...What does the principal say about this??? AND don't meet with the mom without the principal and others (counselor / support staff) present! What sort of action plan is in place for the attacking child? Ie, what is the protocol for when the kid attacks? What is the protocol for the twins? Do they have social goals in their IEP? Sorry.... I'm not helping you, am I?

Summer, I feel so badly for you. I know the look...I KNOW the feeling that she caused you to feel. I also know how HELPFUL (NOT) doctors can be as well as how compassionate (NOT) everyone can be. Summer, I am so sorry. I wish that there was some magic solution...cause I'd sprikle you with it...as well as myself...actually, I'd drive up there...and we could ROLL in it together! I am at my lowest emotionally right now....those pills they put me on for the poison sumac have caused a tremendous weight gain...in a week....I'm so depressed I can't see straight.... I've decided that tomorrow I go back to counting points religiously! I have to....
I've got more to type...but I must get to the laundry...or the boys will be going nude to school tomorrow...and I will have to wear the stuff in the floor from Friday!
I need a personal coach...... I wish I had the strength and money to go find one!

ya'll hang in there.... tomorrow is another day....lets reach for the stars and make it a good one! (lets also pray that I don't lose my marbles before our extended dismissal!)
arghhhhhhhhhh, I had nearly forgotten about my day being longer...damn....

(((hugs)))
Robyn

Summerlover 04-26-2004 06:57 PM

Thanks for your support Kerry & Robyn. I was really freaking during the time we couldn't post on here. I wish they would give us warning ahead of time when they are gonna close the site. I don't realize how much I need you ladies until I can't communicate with you. You are my only REAL support. At school, there are others trying to lose weight, but they are the kind of people who just talk talk talk without listening. I hope I give you guys the support you need and don't just write write write! Anyway, I am really grateful to everyone here.

Kerry, WOW, parents can be such a friggin drag. :( In my past experience, your best bet would be to meet with the parent, the principal, and the psychologist, behaviorist, or social worker...whichever person would be of most help to you. The larger your team of support, the better. When I used to be an assistant manager of a group home, we would have what they call an OPS (the same thing as a PPT, but for the residential setting). When I knew either the parent or the client's employer was gonna be trouble, I would load up the meeting table with as many allies as I could dig up. One meeting was with a difficult employer. I had the client, her mother, our behaviorist, our vice president, my director, and I. We had the brother (who at the time was an attorney for the governor of CT) on speaker phone. The employer came alone. Tee hee hee! :lol: The employer never had a chance! When he threatened to fire my client without trying to write a behavioral plan for her to help her do better, we all jumped down his throat. The best was when the brother was gonna call the head of the Department of Mental ******ation on his other line! :lol: Anyway my friend, my point is to get some support from the staff at your school. Create your own team. Meet with them before, make a plan, and then go in the meeting with guns blazing!!!

Robyn, don't you just HATE steroids?! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I sure hope your skin heals soon so that you can go back to normal. Try drinking a lot of water, maybe it will help flush out your system.

I have more to say, but I've lost my train of thought!

Summer

KAR73 04-26-2004 10:05 PM

Hi Robyn and Summer,
Guess what the parent called this morning to say that she is too busy to come in for a meeting in the next day or so. So we are in limbo land. So I will just have to grin and bear it for a few more days. I just have this nasty feeling that she will never come in for a meeting. We have been wanting her to come in for awhile and she is just too busy. Kind of ticks me off that she was able to find the time to rant and rave to the superindent, but now can't find the time to discuss her sons' safety. Oh well I will make it through the next 24 days. Thank you for your advice. I think I am going to see about having our guidance counselor sit in on the meeting with me, the MOM and my boss.
To top it all off it is that lovely time of the month. Plus I either have a sinus infection or a cold to boot. I have such a pounding headache tonight, it is not funny. I wasn't even stressed at school today. So I guess it is from blowing my nose so much.
So how was everyone's Monday? My day was okay. I was ready to come home at the end of the day. Then it was off to the gym and Wal-mart to buy sinus med. and tissues. The toliet paper squares at school just don't cut it. So I got a box of Puffs to hide by my desk. I will let my boys use the toliet paper since they can't seem to help replace the tissues in my room.
Well I need to get to bed. I am really tired tonight. I think it has something to do with the rainy weather we had this weekend. Plus it was a very cool day here in Ohio. Have a great day tomorrow!
Kerry

Summerlover 04-27-2004 10:08 PM

Hey chickies! I'm too tired to post right now. See you tomorrow! Summer

Summerlover 04-28-2004 05:32 PM

I feel like I'm in the early stages of labor. :mad: My endometriosis causes me so much pain when I have my period. I started last night (one week early...oh joy!), and I am soooooooo uncomfortable. I need an epidural!!! Or maybe some demerol!!! :dizzy: The three motrin I took aren't even touching this pain. :(

I survived my first day of parent/teacher conferences unscathed. I was lucky that the kids with "issues" are either 1. Gone 2. problems were already solved or 3. didn't sign up to meet with me.

I have a new student coming on Tuesday even though we have only 8 weeks left of school. He hails from France. He is in his aunt's custody. She is from Morrocco. What is this...the friggin United Nations?! I already have so many languages spoken in my room that aren't English...what's one more? When I told the aunt to speak to him in English and have him watch Sesame Street and other English-speaking programs to learn English, she looked at me like I was a horrible human being. She wants ME to be responsible for teaching him to speak English. :?: To add to the fun, his physical is incomplete, he needs more shots, and he tested positive for TB & hasn't received the required 9 month treatment at the TB clinic. Thank God the nurse is keeping him out of the program till he has everything he needs. And during all of the begging to take him in the program while I gave her every reason why he really would be better off at a full-day program that goes through the summer, I didn't notice that her 2 proofs of address are credit card bills which we cannot accept since they really don't prove a thing.

Well, I just want it to be June 26th. I am soooooo done.

Summer

HatterasMermaid 04-28-2004 09:14 PM

sorry to hear that ya'll are feeling poorly.....
i'm too exhausted to type tonight....not like i have too much to say anyway!
feel better soon....
hang in there....
Robyn (who has NO time for her again....:( sighhhhhhh)