Old 04-03-2004, 10:15 AM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw, Sunny........more SNOW? Ick, i can imagine how i'd feel. But we have high winds and it's going to be in the 20's tonight. It's beautiful this a.m. though.

Sami~i'm so happy you've found a dr. you like and a trainer and supportive people in your life. What an inspiration you are, my dear... I wish they had a plan old hug smiley, so a grouphug will have to suffice for now.

Charlie and I went for Chinese food last night, I drove his Yukon because he had had a drink, what fun it was for me. I showed him the old farm my mother grew up on which is close to his house, and guess who lives right next door? His ex-wife! Is that weird or what? That's where his son was last night. We came back to watch a movie but he was missing a part at work to set it up, we'll watch the DVD tonight. We talked and watched some TV. We actually talked about a lot of things and some things were bothering me, not about him, but about me and i got a little emotional at the end of the night. I think it was all the stress from the week and i do have a lot of things that are piling on me. But the good news is he was so sweet and handled it well. Some men just get weird if a woman shows emotion, but he was really sweet. We're going to one of my favorite italian restaurants tonight and coming home to watch a movie! I can't wait to see him!

OK, have to get to work...
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #92  

Oh Sunny I am so sorry I was saving you for last to post to so I could tell you How proud I am of your weight loss!!!!!!! And I went out of order on my list and missed you. I am so SORRY. But what I meant to write last night is you are my new hero!!!!!!!!! When I read that you were down below 200 It was like someone telling me you can do it!!!!!! And I want to thank you so much for always being here for the whole group. I have often thought Sunny is the right name for her! Please forgive me if I hurt your feelings.

I am feeling really good about this group. Many of us have struggled with the health problems and weight loss. But I have seen more progress in 2004 for all of us. The struggle will continue. But I have seen a more postive out look toward food and health. All of you have really pulled me up when I have been down. Sunny your kindness and love has meant so much to me. I know if we ever met we would hit it off. In your last post you were talking about how the weather makes you feel crummy. Have you ever thought about indoor tanning? I just started going again because I know it makes me feel better (how much sun light do you get was one of the questions on my Dr. form) I never burn but I burned bad wensday now I look really dark! Sun light effects your mood. People who work nights and don't get much light are more likley to be depressed. Something to think about.

Well go to run it is my DD10th birthday and we are going to build a bear.
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:39 AM   #93  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hello Everyone! I Am So Sorry For Not Posting--and Not Gonna Do It Now Either-lol-- Off To Daughter's Tennis Match A Few Hours Away Then Have A Wedding Early This Evening--will Post For Sure Tomorrow With Pictures Of Rylee--have Been Reading And All Are In My Prayers--sami I Am So Happy To See The Attitude Change--will Let Angie See The Pm--gotta Go Love You All--gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #94  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami, what a great idea! You are right too. Light therapy does help people. It's called SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. People who live in Alaska and places where it stays dark for long periods are affected too. I know there are people who think tanning is really unhealthy, but so is being in the gloom too... I wish I could afford it right now, i know it would help my mood!

Gary~glad you popped in. Sound super busy, post when you can!

This is for our sweet SunnyD/Donna........

Sending you some Sunshine!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #95  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

It feels like forever since I've posted. I've been struggling with first the toe(which I still can't figure out what happened) and then a sore back. I think I am finally on the mend. we met some friends for dinner last night- great time. They're in the city for the weekend. Tonight they're coming for dinner- lasagna and salad. I'm looking forward to a great visit. FIrst I have to clean up a bit!!!

Sami: I am so glad you have found a dr. who understands what you're going through. I see only good things ahead for you.

Michele: Sounds like something good is happening with you. Super!!

Gary: Thanks for letting us know you're still alive! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Sunny: I can't remember if I commended you for getting down into the 100's. I am so impressed. Keep up the great work.

Sherri: You are also doing great with SDB. I've been reading the Change One book by Reader's Digest. It has lots of great advice in it.

Well, gotta go. Have a great day!

I'm changing my signature with each weight loss to show the progress. Feels great!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #96  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Psalm 99:6
"They called upon the Lord, and He answered them."

God can bring showers of blessing out of storms of adversity.

*~*~*

MICHELE,
What a character you are Thank you so much! Now I feel like I have gone and drawn too much attention to myself... I so love the sunshine you have provided me today
Just too cool! Thanks again!

I am so happy for you & Charlie, Michele. You deserve a good, kind man. Charlie sounds like he is. Have fun tonight... what movie did you rent?

SAMI,
Really... ... don't worry, I am fine. I am so sorry I caused such a fuss.
I wrote you a PM {{{Hugs}}}

Yes! I have heard of S.A.D. (and believe it happens to me) and I use to work for a tanning place & use to go all the time... you are so right - it is a wonderful feeling. But I have had two surgeries removing cancerous moles from tanning, so I am not able to anymore I so miss it!

"Happy 10th Birthday" to your DD!!!
Hope she had a wonderful day today!
A Bear???

Hi WILMA,
My goodness, it has been awhile hasn't it... so good to see you.
Sorry that your toe and back aren't well. Hope you are on the mend.

Have a wonderful dinner and visit with your friends
Joe & I are going out tonight with our friends also...

GARY,
It's always great to see you...
Hope you have a great time at the wedding tonight and dance the night away Let us know how DD's tennis match went. And we always look forward to pictures of Rylee

*~*~*

It feels great to see so many posting today I have more time then usual because we did allot of our shopping early this morning. I have just finished coloring my hair with a mix of Med. Brn. & Red Brn. and it really came out nice... now I am all set for Easter When I step out into the sunshine it shines red - so neat. Well, when the sun shines And right now Joe is at Lowe's getting some more garden fencing (gotta keep those bunnies out of my painted daisies this year). We leave at 4:30 to meet our friends for dinner - we go early and then go shopping together & walk off dinner or catch a movie - it's fun!

Can you guys believe that Easter is only a week away! Where does the time go?!

Take Care Gang!!
So good to see everyone!
Thanks again MICHELE for the SUNSHINE!!!!

Luvs,
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-03-2004 at 02:54 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:11 PM   #97  
Southern Belle

Red face Saturday afternoon

[b]Hello CEers!!!

I have had a bad day today. I had to get up and work a little today and since I've been home haven't felt like doing much of anything. All I've wanted to do is lay around. My allergies and sinuses are so bad!!! But, it's that time of the year with the wind blowing and the beautiful flowers blooming distributing their pollen around.
I love spring!!! Why doesn't it love me???

On a much brighter note, I got up on the iron devil this morning and weighed. I have lost 6 1/2 lbs since Monday morning!!!!!! Yay!!!! I'll change my signature weigh Monday morning when I weigh in. I just sneaked another peek this morning. But it was a good one!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be seeing some of my weight come off.

Sunny~ Thanks so much for helping me with the smilies. I just love them, don't you? Sounds like you and Joe have a busy day today. I'm so glad I don't today, since I feel bad. Enjoy eating at Red Lobster tonight,I love that place and hardly ever get to go.

Michele~ Wow, sounds like a good date. Charlie sounds like a sweetheart. I'm so glad you have found a guy that makes you happy and treats you well. You do deserve the BEST!!!! Congratulations on the test too!!!! Yoo-hoo

To be continued . . . . . . . .
sunshinelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #98  
Southern Belle

Red face continued . . . . . . . . . .

Wilma~ Sorry to hear about your toe and your back. Hope you are on the mend soon. Hope your supper tonight goes really well with that lasagna and salad. Yum!!

Sami~ You found a DOCTOR that spent TWO HOURS with you!!!! I am so impressed!! If you weren't so far away, I would ask you to give me his name and phone number. I still have a lot of problems with my heart but just go and do as I can. Some days it's like , some days it's a little . I have chest pain quite often but have learned to live with it. I'm still working. I was almost working full time but had to slow down, was trying to overdo it. Now, I'm back to about 1/2 of the time I would really like to have. But, patients are better this time of year since the flu and pneumonia season is over. I'm so proud of you and how you are doing!!! We're going to tackle this old weight demon and get our lives back.

Gary ~ Glad to know you are still around, I have been missing you. I hope the match goes well as well as the wedding. Will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I sure am glad to be back. Hope your weekend is GREAT!!!!! Just posting here has made me feel a little better. Now it's off to get ready to go back to work for a pm diabetic.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:33 AM   #99  

Hello I have a few seconds to post before I get ready for church. We had a blast at the Build a Bear. Fist you pick and amimal to stuff then you pick a voice box if you want one, then you pick a heart to put inside then you take it to the stuffer he puts the stuffing in, then you go to the sewing person and she sews up the back then to give your amimal an air bath then you make an adoption cert. and name it. Then they have lots of clothes and acc to put on your animal. And after dressing it you go to pay and they put it in the cutest box that is made like a house and says going home on the side. My DD has wanted to do this forever but I knew it would be costly but we did this unstead of a big birthday party. I was just me and 4 of my girls and the three younger ones did the build a bear. I was bad and had cake. Cake is my one weakness but I have to say it didn't taste as good as I expected. I think I am away from that sugar wants.

My goal for this week is to increase my water intake. I am starting to feel better than I have in a long time. I have been working with one of those big balls to do knee sqats and at firt my knees didn't like it but I can tell they don't grind as bad so I must be breaking up the arthritis.

Will post more later. Have a great day.
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #100  
Southern Belle

Smile Happy Lord's Day to All!!!

GOOD MORNING CEers!!!!!!
Sure is quite here today. Glad to hear from you Sami~ as always. I am still feeling rotten but trying to function. I hope tomorrow brings us feeling better. My dh has this too, but of course, his is much worse than mine. (MY temps higher and we have the same symptoms but you know, he's worse. You woman should understand that phrase.) Sorry Gary~ I had to work some this morning and again this afternoon. I need a nap too. I feel so tired. (It's the sinuses and allergies kicking me on my backside and everywhere else too.) I have to do paperwork cause it never goes away.

Congratulations to all LOSERS and those that stayed ON PLAN this week. If you didn't see results this week then the should be kind to you, too.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT week!!!!

Hope EVERYONE remembered to change their clocks!!!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #101  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Palm Sunday

HI LADIES

I am FINALLY taking some time to post. I would probably post a little more often if I could type faster....should have paid more intention to the typing in 9th grade instead of the cute red head Shirley that sat in front of me.

Spent most of yesterday at a tennis match, my daughter won her doubles and singles which was great. Got home in time for a quick shower then off to the wedding of a teacher friend of ours, very nice, Hawaiian dress and food-- got to wear the new Tommy Bahama shirt my sil got me for my 50th. Had a couple of beers ( a lot of appetizers.. ) and some pineapple chicken dish, rice, salad, veggies, etc. And still got home before 11pm-- thank goodness too with the time change and 8 am service this morning.
Daughter doing well with school and tennis (and boyfriend..aahhhh!!)-- I was talking to her assistant coach at her match yesterday ( a young women) and she asked " you don't really HATE her boyfriend do you?"-- of course I said She then said so you hope they break up? I told her if EITHER one dumped the other I would kill'em
Son doing well with his coaching and work at the sporting goods store, it has been birthday month around here for he and his buddies/gals.. a bunch of partying going on too... but at least the have designated drivers! He has been on both sides this week-end already.
Step-daughter in another city 150 miles away for a soccer tournament this week-end, her and Angie both have spring break this coming week. Softball still going well.
Ron was EXPELLED from youth group this week! Kind of-- I told him he was, I picked him up from it on Thursday and he said that Mr. Colleti needed to talk to me on Sunday, I said "WHAT DID YOPU DO NOW!?" Ron told me that they were playing a game and each side was to get 18 eggs, his side only got 17, the other 19--so he went and TOOK one from their basket, girl comes over and steps on his foot, he calls her a name, director hears this (RON IS LOUD) and asks Ron to go to day care, not the first time he has been removed from youth group...anyway I tell him that they are probably going to ask for him not to come back..I saw my friend the director that night and he said all he wanted to talk to me about on Sunday was if I would do the Good Friday readings again this year with the same group that always does it. Anyway it got Ron to thinkin', he went and apologized to the girl the next day, all on his own.

Gotta go for awhile and help Angie...be back later..PROMISE
Old 04-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #102  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default I'm Back

Just finished watching the race and taking a short nap...er, ah helping Angie

RYLEE has been growing like crazy of course. This week she helped Ron and I finish his basketball hoop set-up, eating Angie's roses, diggin' tons of holes, learning to jump on the couch and all the other fun things puppies do. i take her everywhere I can-- she is so popular at school and sporting events now that if we don't take her the kids (old and young0 get mad

SHERRY It is so good to have you back. I am sorry you are not feeling too well, I hope this finds you much better. I was sick here for a week, in fact I have had a sore throat for over 2 weeks now but otherwise feel fine. Angie is having allergy problems now, I think mostly due to the new puppy. It is so cool you are able to help your young one out with her softball, be careful in tha awful heat though girl! I am so happy you lost 6.5 pounds this week--you are on the right track now and the health problems will get much better as the attitude goes up and the weight goes down! Looking forward to visiting again, just like the "old" days!

SUNNYD How was the Red Lobster? I agree with you on the weather (as if we ever really have "weather" in southern California) seriously, I am always bluer in the winter when it is a little cold here, my close friend noticed that years ago at work, one day he said "ya know Gary, in the spring and summer we can't come close to catching your production at work, but in the fall and winter we can, why is that? you seem to get faster as the heat goes up. He is right, can't explain it-- of course the heat here is not like there either. NO! I didn't dance all night with Angie, she did though with the other ladies-- I am not allowed to dance with her, other than slow--that is until I make her too dizy from going in circles She says I look like a fish out of water dancing fast--no problem for me! I just sit, visit and watch her until she is ready to go. So are you doing Curves, elliptical and bands? You keep it up girl!!

SAMI It sure is cool seeing you post so positively!! Your body sounds like mine with all the shoulder problems. My shoulders ache all the time from doing my job, i actually think I might have a serious problem with one of them, a sharp pain in certain positions that I never had before, like a ligament tear or something, I rolled into a small hole in the floor at work a few months ago, I was on a 4 foot rolling scaffold, anyway I fell into the wall and crunched my shoulder, since then...the other one just is a type of overuse pain. I certainly hope lupus is not in the picture, my sister has that. I will pray for you. The build a bear thing sounded cool, sounds like the girls enjoyed it.

MICHELE We have a great chinese place here just a mile from us called Happy Noodle. How was driving that big Yukon w/o a drivers license? So glad it is going well with you too. Super job on your test!! See studying extra helps.

WILMA I hope your toe is doing better. Are those boys about out of school for the year? Lasagna and salad and you didn't invite me? I make a great spinich lasagna that we all like and a meat lasagna that me and the boys love--too much meat and cheese for my Angie and the girls. I can't wait to see the 160's signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUE Are you busy working for our trip Is the weather getting a little better for you now? Is it alraedy camping season for you?

ANGEL I hope all is well as can be with your son and his problems. It sure can wear you down can't it? I hope the house will be all finished by the end of this summer for your husband so he can take a break, I am sure he needs it! One of the civilians that was strung up in Iraq and bdy burned was the father of one of my wife's students, the school has lost many marine parents from our area--we have Camp Pendelton in our tow

Well, I better get off and see if I can get Angie to send some braggin' RYLEE oictures your way.

My brother in law, Mike is still testing for his heart. Another friend from church passed away yesterday, he was a 48 year old fireman.He had several operations in the last few years for brain tumors (not my vicars father--he is fine after his surgery), he hasn't been well and then he fell on his head and had a lot of bleeding. His name is Emmett, prayers asked for his family, his daughter is in Ron's class, the family 3 girls and the mom all were at church this morning, all I could do was hug them--couldn't even say a word. He used to help me by BBQ at the church functions no matter how tired he was, since he was on disability he helped at the school every day in the kitchen. The funeral will be huge, they are letting school out early so the kids can go that want to (of course it is right there). there will be a bunch of firetrucks I'll bet if it is like Angie's dad's funeral--they honor there own quite well!!

PRAYERS for all of you---Gary
Old 04-04-2004, 07:34 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are few pictures of our trouble Rylee eating Angie's rose!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

the Rose Before Rylee Ate It

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #105  
Southern Belle

Good Morning EVERYONE!!! I don't have much time but wanted to post. I officially weighed this morning and lost a total of 7lbs the first week on South Beach Phase I!!!! Yay!! I still feel bad this morning but don't have time to feel sorry for myself. Gotta take dd out of town to a counselor and then have patients to see. I will hurry and get that done, so maybe then I can rest.

GREAT pictures Gary~!!! Sorry, I don't have time to address everyone, but I will try later. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!