Old 01-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Exercise

Just wanted to post what kinds of exercises I plan on doing.

Crunches using the exercise ball: 100-150

Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps

Arm lifts: 3 sets of 10 reps

And to get 20 mins. of some kind of aerobic exercises. Walking, jogging, dancing. <-- I could look ridiculous doing that!! Anything that gets my body moving and my heart pumping! It's getting close to raking time in my yard!!!!

I will post everyday what I do. This is just to help me get myself going and to be accountable for it all. I must do more exercises or I'm never going to leave Oregon!! I don't exactly plan to do this everyday..but I plan to try and do it every OTHER day.
If any of you want to do the same... post it here. We got to get this year "moving" We all have goals we want to meet, whether we make it next week, next month, next year it doesn't matter,,, as long as we're making the effort to feeling better and getting healthier!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

I would love to join the exercise thread Marti so count me in. Of course I won't be starting any kind of exercise program till Monday. This week has been a little crazy and the weekend isn't going to be much better. Besides I have already planned that Monday the 19th I am starting from the beginning and I *will* stick with it this time! I chose that date because that is the day DH goes back to work! YIPPEE!! Okay, I really am kidding because even though there were a few days where he was getting on my last nerve, I have enjoyed him being home. It is going to be weird him going back after being off for almost a month, actually I think it has been a month. Anyway, I will be walking on the treadmill, outdoors, doing my WATP videos and riding my exercise bike. I am going to try to stick with doing it 3-5 days a week.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-15-2004 at 02:51 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:28 AM   #3  

Ahhh... Cristi.... I forgot about my workout tapes!!! I think I need to dust them off first.. but I have an Ab tape and a Butt workout tape. They're old. I don't know where I got the butt one. I think an old roommate left it behind one year. It's the buns of steel tape. And her buns were getting pretty metalic!!

BTW... I plan on starting this tomorrow. (hee-hee) So I will post what I do then.
Although... I did do some leg workout today.. just not as much as I intended to!!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #4  

I decided to start reporting my exercises on Monday.....

TOM showed up and I'm very crampy and moody!!

I know I know... very bad excuse, but that's what I'm using right now!!

Marti
Old 01-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #5  
self portrait

My exercise routine will consist of going to Gold's gym with my boyfriend when we can do that together.
I will also do on my own ...... Pilates workout combined with my claudia shiffer workout tapes. One is for the legs ( brutal workout!!!!! ) and one is for the stomach ( also very brutal and hard) I end up screaming at claudia in the middle of the routine. But they definetely get your heart rate going and make your buttocks, legs, and abs sore the next day. I will also be starting to go for bike rides and walks when it starts to warm up.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:12 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Default Today's the Day...

I am starting anew. I did get in my 2-mile WATP video and will do a 15 minute bike ride later. I have so much to get done today and I honestly don't know where to start. On with the day...
Old 01-19-2004, 10:59 PM   #7  

Ok.. .I've started.

Today I worked out a total of an hour. 20 mins. at a time. Can only do so much with Jhanai needing me. (which is fine with me!)

What I've done today.

Crunches: 100

Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps.

And various arm excercises.

James bought me a Pilates set for my birthday and has three restrictive bands (is that what they're called?) and I've been playing with those all day! Haven't tried the tape yet, that will be tomorrow!!

Anyway.. I've updated the signature.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:42 PM   #8  

I couldn't wait last night and I tried out the simple tape that came with the pilates set....I love it! I just need to make more space. The tape is about 15 mins. and you feel it when your finished!! I was doing this at 1:30 in the morning!!

I'm all excited!! I will post tonight what all I did.

Last edited by M.N.J.; 01-21-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #9  

Did my pilates today.

Also did some extra workouts on my legs and arms.

And did about 100 crunches.

Hope I can move tomorrow!!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:08 PM   #10  
self portrait

Good for you Miss Marti!!!!!!!!!!! I am in some sort of depression funk and I can't seem to get the exercising done. I know I need to do them, I can see the tapes, but I am too depressed about how i look. I know that doesn't make any sense, but that is what is happenning. I need to exercise to lose the weight and feel better about myself, but the feeling yucky about myself is stopping me. I know, I know, I am weird. Maybe tonight I can push myself to get going. I can't have Marti so far ahead of me, I need to save face. AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:12 PM   #11  

I finished my pilates tonight and I have to say...I'm feeling very relaxed. My joints all feel so at ease and stretched out. I think I ought to light a bunch of candles and some incense while I'm doing this. Very relaxing.

I also like it better than yoga. I'm not sure what it is though....maybe it's the fact that I actually feel something going on!

Anyway...I've totaled up another hours worth of exercise, so I will be editing my signature.

Shanna---I totally understand what you mean by being in a funk. I was there just last week. After seeing that photo of the muscle vs. fat,and then getting this pilates set for my B-Day....something clicked. I hope it last. You know....the weather was nice today....maybe next week if it's nice....we can start walking the track at school.....what do you think? Let me know.

Ok off I go.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Okay ladies I am bringing this thread back to the top. Hoping to start keeping track of my daily exercise. Maybe this will keep me motivated.

There are 173 days (depending on what day we meet) till the slumber party and I plan on being at least 20 lbs. lighter. I have posted my count down calendar in front of my treadmill to remind me of this and keep me going.

Today I am going to do 1.5 miles on the treadmill and hopfully get in a bike ride. I will post that later.

On with the day...
Old 03-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Smile

Okay, got the bike ride in (1.5 miles) but didn't get the bike ride afterall. Time just got away from me. I am trying to figure out a schedule for my workouts. I know first thing in the morning is best but i am not nor have I ever been a morning person. But I am going to work on trying to change that. I did get in three 16.9 oz bottles of water which is GREAT for me considering I haven't been drinking much at all. Hey, it is a start and I am bascially starting over with the water drinking and exercise. I WILL stick with it this time!!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:29 PM   #14  

Ok.....I went for a walk with Jhanai today...don't know how far, few blocks or so. And also I drank tons of water because I'm trying to get rid of this head cold!!

So that's my start for the day!!

Marti

It was BEAUTIFUL out today!!!! I hope it stay around for Spring Break!!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Good for you Marti That is a GREAT start.

I am not doing any exercise today. Taking a break in between days until I get back in the swing of things. I legs are a little sore today from the walk yesterday and I don't want to push it. Once I get used to exercising again I will work up to doing more and doing more days a week. Just kind of relaxing today.