Old 03-06-2004, 12:43 AM   #31  
Losing it!

I'm probably not a good one to ask Dee. I'm not a Martha stewart fan. I was laughing tonight and telling Steve, now they need to include jail cell bars on her packaging in the stores! ok, I'm being a smart *** here... Hmmm...wonder what color she will decorate her cell to coordinate with her prison garb? I hope I didn't offend anyone.
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:06 AM   #32  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned, filled with family and friends.

Yesterday was one of those days for me...Man!! What a nightmare~~ School was out but I had to go to sessions all days at Rich's food. We baked all day!! Cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, all kinds of breads, DONUTS, fried pies, and even cake decorating. It's hard to believe {even for me} BUT I didn't have one bite of anything. I really became the [low-carb] joke of the group...lol. I won the prize for the best decorated cake!!! It was an Easter cake that said Happy Easter!! The kicker is...They let us bring home everything we had cooked. All the stuff is wrapped up neatly in my freezer right now.
Yesterday's bad news.....We finished up around 2.15 and when I checked my messages on my cell, I had 12 urgent messages. My Grannymon had fallen around 12.30 and everyone was trying to get ahold of me. When I got to the hospital she was still in the emergency room for tests. They found at least 4 major medical problems, done of them really related to the fall. When I left around 10.30 last night, she was resting comfortablely in her room. The main thing the doctors said was that there would be no way she could ever live by herself again. She needs to be somewhere she can get the medical attention she needs for the rest of her life. We all cried and cried, but we all knew this day was coming soon. My Mom and her sisters have a big decision to make. Glad it isn't up to me. Please pray for my Grannymom!!
I have an appointment with the personal trainer at the YMCA this morning. I sure need a stressfree workput this morning.

10 days down....86 to GO!!!!

Love to everyone...hugs..deb

Last edited by DebbieA; 03-06-2004 at 08:08 AM.
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #33  

Oh no Debbie! I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. That is so sad. I have said a prayer for her and also for your families guidance in the right thing to do.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:54 AM   #34  

Good Mornin'

I have got a fun-filled day planned and it would probably be more fun if I felt better. My blood pressure is still up and my head is killing me. Yesterday is was up to 178/118.I'm still taking my medication faithfully and can't figure out why it won't come down.

I'm going to a baby shower at 2:00 and when it's over, we're going to Debbie's to eat out for her belated b/day.

Debbie,
I'm so sorry about GrannyMom. I feel that whatever they decide to do will be the right choice.She's in my prayers.Love you! Congrats on not eating all those sweets yesterday!! Now that took willpower girl!! WTG!

Gayle,
I agree word for word what you wrote about Martha Stewart!! That was funny what you said about how she would decorte her jail cell!

Dee,
Still have snow? When does it usually start getting pretty there? Is Dez doing better now? Here's a place in Canada that Chris is going to for a fishing trip in May. Are you close to it?
http://pineclifflodge.com/photogallery.html

To all my other floozie friends....Have a great OP day!!!
Day 6 for me!!

Hugs!
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #35  

Sorry about the quick post earlier. Larry got home and was waiting for me to go out.

Sherry, Chris will only be about 2 hours away from me. It is beautiful out there. It is close by to where we were camping this summer. Who is he going with? Please rest as much as you can Sherry. When do you go to the doctor next? I hope this week. We still have tons of snow and it has snowed a few times this week. I am tired of it. It should mostly be gone by (I hope) first we of april. At least by Easter.

Debbie way to go for not eatting the baking. That must have been a huge challenge. It would have been for me. I have been on program since march 1. Makes me so much happier that I am in control.

Gayle I think that it is funny what you have said about Martha. I do like some of her ideas and products though. Some of it is way to fancy smancy for me.

We went to visit mom and dad last night. Mom is doing really good. She is improving everytime I see her. Her lungs are clear now.

Hope that you all have a great weekend.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #36  
Losing it!

Hi girls!!! I actually like some of Martha's idea's and products too. There is just something about her....seem's like a person I would not trust... smeone said she treats her staff horribly and is very rude.

Shelley: how is Brutus doing today?

Sher, take care of yourself. Should you try to take a bout 30 minutes a day and just sit down with your feet up? I know the Dr. stressed that to my mom. DO WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERS!!!! You try to carry to much of the load yourself.

Deb, sorry about Grandma. I am saying prayers. I had a Grandmother that had to be placed in residental care, she hated it. The first week anyways! Then she ended up meeting people, doing activities and having something everyday to look forward to. It finally ended up getting to the point that you would try to set-up a visit and she would tell you it was going to interfer with her bingo!

Dee, keep that snow there! It feels like spring here today!! YIPPEEE!!!! I noticed the fishies in my pond are starting to move around a little. Hopefully that is a sign spring will be here soon!

All of you are doing an EXCELLENT job of staying OP!!!!

We went to go see the Passion last night. It was very powerful and very good, but different then I expected.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:50 AM   #37  

Debbie-I'm saying a prayer for your grandmom!

Gayle-Thanks for the PM. I don't have the virus, it is just using email addresses from comcast. If any of you get an attachment from me, [email protected], DO NOT OPEN IT!! Delete it immediately! I'll PM any of you if I am intending to really send you an attachment.

All you ladies are doing awesome on your plans! I haven't had any candy now for about a week. I am trying to stay away from it completely except for maybe Altoids or TicTacs.

Brutus is doing about the same. All of my birds are beginning to hate table food! I'm about ready to give up and put them back on seeds!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:40 PM   #38  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay ladies, I took the Praxis test yesterday and it seemed like it went well. I made a few educated guesses, then came home and looked them up on the Internet and I got them all right! Yay me! I'll know in a few weeks whether or not I passed.

Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:01 PM   #39  

Hello

I have been doing the ususal today. Cleaning & washing clothes.

I made the low-fat blueberry muffins that I posted and they are soooooo good!!! They are only 1 point for 2 muffins!! So all of you WW's...please try them!!

Debbie,
I hope GrannyMom improves. She's been on my mind all day. Also in my prayers. As you said, she's not hurting...It's the family that is.We had a fun time last night even though I didn't feel good. Continue to stay OP and workout! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Jennelle,
Congrats on the test and getting the answers correct.Let us know when you find out something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Shelley,
Congrats for no candy for a week!!! WTG!!! I know it's hard for you but you have proved that you can do it!!!

Gayle,
I want to see Passion so bad! Did you cry? Some teachers at School went and they said they cried all the way through it. Did Steve go with you?

Dee,
Chris is going with 3 friends and one of their Dads.He's so excited about it.They site looks like it's so pretty.I know he'll have a great time.Do you want some buttercups?????

Where is everyone else?????????!!!!!! Hope you post soon!!!

Another OP day for me!!!! I'm on a roll!! Tomorrow is weigh-in. I hope I did good!

Thanks to everyone who has asked about me.I love you all so much! My blood pressure is 173/120 today. The bottom number has gone up.I'm calling the Dr. in the am!!!!!! I promise!!
Question: Does tiredness & forcing myself to do things normal with high b/p? I have had to make myself wash clothes and clean. I also didn't think I was going to make it through my shopping at the store this am.

Hugs!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:27 PM   #40  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - With BP that high, there is definitely something wrong. You should be resting, not cleaning and running around! The world is NOT going to end if you don't do the dishes one day! Make someone ELSE go grocery shopping! You are going to be no good to anyone when you drop dead from a high blood pressure-induced stroke!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:06 PM   #41  

Jennelle....I have rested all evening.It has kinda scared me too.I will start resting more and let some things around the house go.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Go To #75..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!