Old 03-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #16  

Ramona I am sorry for not mention Dad this morning. I know that this is a hard thing for a mother to do. I am proud of you and Dan. My prayers are with Dan and your family.I pray for God speed for Dan.

Hi Tina!
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:57 PM   #17  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Afternoon Girls

Today is my Grannymom's birthday{92 years old} , so I went by there after I got off work. She was having a good day, didn't say anything off the wall...LOL. She is so quiet these days though, kind of sad. But it is such a blessing to still have here with us. Happy Birthday G-Mom!!

Ramona....We will be praying for Dan everyday. When is your big move?

Tina....WTG!! I went to curves for a few months and loved it. Because it was so far from my house, it made it hard to go with my busy schedule.

Sherry...Are you feeling better today? I'm sure it will take a few days for the medicine to start working. Please don't let it get that high anymore, we all worry about you.

Gayle....I have Wanda's new email address and see her online quite often. I have tried sending her emails but never get anything back. I really miss her and think of her a lot. Wish she would come back to us.

Dee...James went back to work today. Guess all our chances for snow are gone. Sure wanted those days off, guess we'll have to settle for spring break days now.

Shelley....WTG on staying OP!!! The last few days have been pretty easy for me. Just keep thinking about SUMMER!! Is your school going to year round?

I got a late birthday card from my Mom today, she wrote the sweetest verse in it. Made me cry.
You are the greatest blessing that God could ever send. A sweet and loving daughter who has grown to be my friend.

Got to go and start supper. Fixing some real food tonight...LOL

6 days down...90 to GO!!!!
Hugs...deb
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #18  

Debbie-No, thank goodness we don't have year round school! It will be nice working for a couple of months without teachers or kids! Tell grannymom happy birthday for me!

Ramona-I know it must be so hard for you. Dan continues to be in my prayers.

Gayle-They say that some virus' have familiar names on them because they add names from anyone that has ever sent you an email to get you to open it up so it can mess up your computer.

Sherry-I am so sorry. I still take you for granted!! I never comment on the wonderful job that you do for us, keeping the board so decorated with all your computer talents!

Dee-How's Dez doing? Give me a pm sometime!

Tina-Awesome job on the inches lost. You should come over and post your curves workouts on the exercise thread. Like Dee said, it is getting lonely over there!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #19  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for your interest in my test, ladies, but it's not 'til THIS Saturday! It's nice to feel loved, though!

Can't remember who was talking about the Russell Stover sugar-free (or low carb?) candies...be careful with them! I had some once and they gave me the royal screaming poo-poos! I didn't see the warning about "laxative effect."
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:11 PM   #20  

Debbie you are so lucky to have a grandma. 92 years young, wow. You are so special to your mother. I know that she appreciates everything that you do for her. By the way how old is she? Glad that you are doing great on program. You got me going. I made wise food choices yesterday. I kept thinking of summer too.

Shelley good for you staying on program. Now time to journal so you don't fall by the way side. Dez is managing ok. She is really trying. We still have our battles but I guess that is normal for teenagers. I get so frusterated with her sometimes. She is such a slob.

Jennelle good luck saturday. I think that I was the one that assumed that you were going last saturday. Sorry.

So where did everyone else go today?

I am off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz. My wizard today is my massage therapist. I have had such a pain in the butt that I am finding it hard to sit. It has increasingly got worse since june. Now I need drugs to survive and I don't like that. CT scan is only a few weeks away so maybe they will be able to figure out what is going on.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #21  

Hello Ladies!!

Janelle I know what you mean about the low carb candies. I bought some carborite candies when I was low carbing and they were so good. I think it was the first time I tried them when I spent the evening with a tummy ache. After that I had no probs.

Our town is mouring today. Yesterday evening there was a head on crash down the road from my house. 3 teenagers were killed instantly and 2 others are injured one is critical. They all went to the same high school together. There ages were from 15-19. That is so scary I had to say a prayer as soon as I heard. Can you imagine what grief those familes are going through. Sorry to be so depressing It has just been on my mind a lot today.

Sherry please take good care of yourself. Your health comes first.

I have had 3 Nonpaying Ebayers in the past few of weeks. I don't know what else to do other than relist and forget about it. They wont answer my emails.

To everyone else- hope you are having a great day.
Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:12 PM   #22  

Tina, my heart goes out to the families of those children and to the people in your community. What a terrible tragedy.

Well, I was bored today so I went to ebay and looked around a little. I have a lot of things I would like to try to sell, but it all seems overwhelming. Also, a lot of the things that I have are listed already and they don't seem to bring very much. Any tips on getting started that won't leave me with a headache? I have some jewelry, some snow bunnies, Department 56, and some other odds and ends I would like to list.

I hope everyone else is having a good "hump" day. It has been raining here since last night and is supposed to rain through Friday. All of the detectives have been out today with the dive team trying to find a weapon that was supposedly used in a murder and was thrown in a pond. I have just been sitting here going nuts. I hate not being busy!

Well, I'll "talk" to you all later. Going to go home, put on my sweats, and watch the AI results show.
bootwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #23  

Jennelle-I honestly did think it was this Saturday and that I was wrong! Good luck!

Tina-I've been lucky. I haven't had a nonpayer yet, but I have to refund the rabbit jacket since it doesn't fit her. She is mailing it back and I am going to refund the money. I just feel that I wasn't meant to sell it. Luckily, I still have enough in Paypal to cover it.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:24 PM   #24  

Hello

Sorry I didn't post last night. I had another bad headache.I went to bed pretty early. THANK YOU ALL for the well wishes! I'm determined to bring this blood pressure down!

I have been OP for 3 days now!! I even walked a little yesterday & today. (I posted Shelley & Dee on the exercise thread!! Don't pass out!! LOL)

Debbie,
I'm sure GrannyMom had a wonderful b/d! I hope I live to see 92! That was so sweet what your Mom wrote on your b/day card! She's such a sweet lady. WTG on joining the YMCA! I'm jealous but happy for you!!

Dee,
Do you want me to mail you some buttercups??!! Hopefully the snow there will be gone soon and you'll have nice weather! How's Dez doing?

Tina,
I joined Curves last year and only went a few times. They of course had to keep taking the dues out every month from my checking. I know it would have worked for me if I was closer to one. It was out of my way to get to it so I quit and used that as an excuse. CONGRATS on your inches lost!!!! BTW: I heard about the wreck on the news last night. Those poor teens and bless their families.

Shelley,
I didn't know that this medication had a water pill in it until you told me. Thanks! I looked it up on the computer and I did find out that it will lower my b/p in time.Also, it makes me so sleepy and dowsy that I can only take it at bedtime. BTW: Thanks for the compliments on my threads. You're so sweet!

Jennelle,
I also thought your test was last Saturday. I'll be thinking of you this Saturday. Good Luck!!

Ramona,
I can't help you with the ebay thing. I have never sold anything.I've only bought items. Hey...You could bring your stuff here and with all my things, We could have one BIG yard sale!!

Gayle,
Did you watch AI last night? I can't wait to see who wins tonight. I was for the Hawaiian girl and it was up in the air for my 2nd person.So far I think the 1st group has been the best! How's the classes going? I wished we lived close to one another!!!

Vicki,
How's your Mom? I hope you post soon and let us know how she is.

CAROL......DONI......MARY.......CHERYL.........Whe re are you????? Please let us know how you are!!!!!!

Gotta get ready to watch AI.....HUGS!
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:55 PM   #25  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Evening girls

Thought I would post a quickie before going to bed.

Sherry...Hope you are feeling better tonight. WTG on getting back to walking. We can walk this summer early , then lay around the pool rest of the day.

Tina....I saw on the news tonight about those kids. So sad!! Did you know all of them?

Shelley...My Mom is 71 years old. She is such a wonderful person, calm and quiet. Nothing like me...LOL.

Jennelle....I have only eaten the low carb candy a couple of times, but no problems here. Good luck Saturday!!

Gayle....Well, I watched AI tonight. I was shocked about that John guy, don't think he will go much farther though. The wild card show next week should be good.

I really thought about the YMCA before joining. After being a visiter today, I was sold. Besides all the extras they offer there, there was one main thing that appealed to me. It's a stress-free zone!!! I can honestly say the whole time I was there, I didn't think about anything else. No problems, not work, not even the hundreds other things I could be doing. They also have some special classes, things that I have really wanted to try. Like beginners YOGA!!
Who knows what this {old} chick might try...LOL.

7 days down...89 to go!! We are in the 80's now girls!!!

Got to hit the sack...
Love you guys...deb

Last edited by DebbieA; 03-04-2004 at 06:26 PM.
DebbieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #26  

Debbie the first thing I said when you said that we were in the 80's now was "Oh Sh*t" Well I am the same as Sherry this is day four. Yipee and I feel in control. Your mom is only a year older than my mom. Mom will be 70 in april. I thought your mom would be older because we are about 10 years apart. I love the YMCA too. We have been members for quite awhile. I go 2-6 times a week, depending on what is happenning.

Sherry I am really worried about you. Please rest and take care of yourself. This is not good.

Tina that is really sad about the car accident. We need to count our blessings everyday.

Shelley to bad about having to refund the money for the jacket. Jay sells a fair amount of stuff on ebay. He does pretty good but yes he does have to refund some people.

Ramona rain can be so depressing after a day or two. The good thing is it will make everything green. I can't give you any advise for ebay because I am going to list something I let Jay do the work.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #27  

Hi Ladies...Been here just trying to get rid of the virus worm that hit my computer from an email i received from it said a friend but it must have gotten in hers without realizing it and opened it and bang...

Mom is doing well she had a little flu thing going on but much better and Deb yes mom has h/p and that is what led to her stroke last year.

Well back to getting computer fixed ...I haven't deserted you all...Can't get rid of an ole dog like me.

Vicki
mzbhavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #28  

Hi!
Just wanted to check in before going to bed. Me and the kids spent the day with their great grandparents today. I don't know who enjoyed it more. When it was time to leave I literally had to drag the kids away kicking and screaming. I think they would live there. That made my grandparents feel good.

Debbie I knew the family of one of the kids. They were our neighbors when he was about 5 yrs. old. Another one lived beside my grandparents.

Ramona I would be glad to help you get started Ebaying. I love it so much my husband and I are looking for places to buy wholesale or at auctions. Great wholesale places are hard to find. If anyone knows where I could get a lot of stuff cheap let me know. Please! LOL

I missed AI last night. We went out to eat. I missed the wildcards. Hope some of my favorites got a second chance.

Good luck Vicki getting your computer back up and running again.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Happy to hear most of you are staying op!!! Keep up the great work!

Sher: Are the headaches better? My mom has high blood pressure and has battled it for years. I'm the opposite, mine is so low they always ask if I'm still alive!

Tina, my prayer go out to the families. What a tragedy of so many lives taken. I need to get back to selling on ebay too. Not enough hours in the day!!!

Vickster: I did a virus update and scan, mine came out ok. I guess they are going around like crazy.

Deb: how's hubby??? You??? did you get over all of the sinus stuff?

Ramona: I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to send Dan off. I am keeping him on my prayer list.

Shelley: Did the lady ever pay you for the print? Sorry to hear you had to do a refund. On clothing, it's a hassle, but I usually measure everything (arm length, hem etc) and include it in the auction.

Dee: What did you find out at the Doctor??? Is it like a pinched nerve?

Well, we are under a flood warning, rain for the past few days. Tonight it looks like it could turn into snow. Sorry for not posting much. I just have alot of stuff going on and different things on my mind lately.
Some of you might remember...I use to work with juvenile offenders in a level 4 housing- Their last stop before lock-up. we had a young man there, probably around 16, sweet, charming, the whole nine yards. He was in due to gang related activities. I remember hugging him when he was released and wishing him the very best, I really had high hopes for him. Tonight on TV I seen a picture of him! He was arrested on a murder charge of a young girl. How very sad for everyone involved, I can't believe anyone could take another human life.
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #30  

What do you all think about Martha Steward being found guilty on all four accounts?

With the evidence that they had I believed that she was guilty even though I did not want to.