Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 10:46 PM   #16  

April fools! wow, a back to back thread for me...guess that is what i get for not coming for a few days :wink:

Just wanted to wish every one a great week at the game of health! Be the best you can be!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 11:23 AM   #17  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default monday monday

Hello. Sorry I haven't been posting much.... So much on my mind. I can't get on my 7/7 internet. The line is always busy. Gotta call the 800#. Or I will be canceling. I have WIC in an hour for Grif. I hate going but it saves me 170 in formula and cereal a month! I will let you know what I decide later on. Chris has a lead on a job. If he gets it, he can support us for awhile.

I live in Spokane about 5 years ago. Just for a little over a year. It was the year prior to Terry dying. We managed Shari's Restaurant on Monroe.

Well, you all sound good. I will try to find modivation after this interview/audition today. I want to WOW them! audri
Old 04-02-2001, 11:23 PM   #18  

Hi, What a busy day today. I got up & worked out then seems like I ran all day then I just got back from a fast 1/2 hour walk w/ hubby & the dog. It was a beautiful evening. I especially like it when it gets dark later at night. It wasn't dark until 8:15. the flowers are blooming & it rained alittle so the streets are all clean. It was great.

Flower I hope your day went well. How are the decisions going?

Mailwhale, did you have a good & healthy day?

Sandy, thanks for stopping by to say hi. We wish you would come around more often.

Time to get back to the kids but I wanted to check in.

Bye
Old 04-03-2001, 05:36 AM   #19  

Happy Tuesday! Good hearing from everyone!

Dolphingirl, I'm with you... just coming home with the sun high in the sky felt soooooo good last night.. nice reward for having to get up so early! (and YES, the sun was out.. snow's melting.. and the storm they talked about must've gone elsewhere... it really IS starting to feel like SPRING!)

I don't have much time this morning... but wanted to tell Sandy, it's good hearing from you... don't you live near the coast and have the boardwalk to walk.. are you seeing spring down your way? Mailwhale, you've reminded me to tackle my weight in 5 lb increments too- looking at the whole picture is just too daunting. Keep on 'keeping on'!

Thinking good thot's for your job search, Audri! Everyone have a good week! TTYL!
Old 04-03-2001, 10:54 AM   #20  
you can call me flower

Well, I start my new florist job on Thursday. It doesn't have benifits but right now, I can't worry myself about that. I will have insurance for the kids. I filled out some internet quote things last night for me and chris. I need the money from a job MORE than insurance. Anyways, this job doesn't expect me to know everything already. Unlike the other position. Walmart wanted me to start orientation today. But no one called me w/ a wage. I think they don't want me to know the wage. They were suppose to call me back @ 4. But nope. So, unless it is at least 9, I will say thanks but no thanks. There is a lot of competion in retail here. Retail pays lousy here.

Well, my new job, they don't have you clock out for lunch if you eat in. I think that is incentive enough to pack a lunch!!! Well, gotta be susy homemaker. I have lots to do. Thanks for the positive thoughts. audri
Old 04-03-2001, 02:50 PM   #21  

Great Audri! I hope it works out just great :smile:

I did lots of stork work yesterday, joined the Chamber of commerce and took another packet to a different Dr. office, banks, apple warehouse, Depo shot, groceries and after all that took the kids to Baskin Robbins and had one scoup of orange-passionfruit sorbet...it was good, but got tart at the end. But I was pleased that I took the no-fat option.

Gotta get a move on this next 5 pounds! I can already get the pants on but they are not comfortable and I know this next 5 will make it possible to wear them! so gotta be good, gotta be good! gotta get off the puter, drink some more water and play actively with the kids!

Have a great day!
Old 04-04-2001, 10:27 AM   #22  
you can call me flower

Mailwhale-we think alike. I ordered watermelon ice instead of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It was good and I didn't feel cheated!

I got very little accomplished yesterday. I had to take Grif to get shots but doc was called away on an emergency. So I gotta go back today. I had to do bills yesterday. Cancel my 7/7. 5 days of constant busy signals. I will continue looking. I had to call the insurance to make sure Grif would be added to the policy once I canceled medicaid. I took a nap. Grif thinks he's an owl. I took the boys to the library and to the video store. I clipped coupons, made dinner and collapsed. Today, I have to go to the store. I had to cook breakfast because we lacked everything! I made the boys scrambled eggs, toast, hashbrowns and hot chocolate. I had chicken noodle soup and a can of mandarin oranges.

Sandy-how was the wedding? Come and play with us more often! Is everyones snow melting yet? We got cold winds here this week. Yuck! ~audri~
Old 04-04-2001, 01:19 PM   #23  

Yahoo does not want me to access my e-mail this morning, darn. But I must say I am pleased with my internet service through Juno for $9.95 a month. It was a big hurdle to go from free to pay, but this is so much more pleasant, being able to hop on line and not get kicked off constantly.

Well, the sun is shining today so I think we'll go to the park for a while, maybe take a picnic. We had smoothies for breakfast - yum!

I tried to use my crock pot yesterday for the first time in a very long time, and found that it's low does nothing and it's high, barely warms - so I guess I don't have to feel guilty about not using it more often lol! I'm trying to decide if I should toss it, or send it to charity or keep it for just keeping something warm - no, I'm not gonna keep it, I've never needed it to just keep something warm duh! Okay, so do you think anyone else would want it for that purpose or perhaps would be able to fix it? I hate donating stuff if it just means they would have to throw it away.

No new news at the scale, but no gain either. I did walk this morning, I'll do some crunches, and eat like a thin person - how about you?
Old 04-04-2001, 02:35 PM   #24  

Hello everyone,
The sun is out right now and it's 47 degrees so it's starting to feel like spring around here.

Itsworthit, I live in MA north of Boston right on the coast. I walk at the beach when the weather is nice, hopefully that will be soon, the treadmill isn't as much fun. We also have a house in NH, we hope to retire there, right now we go there most weekends. We still have a couple of feet of snow there right now, so I guess we'll be snowmobiling this weekend.

Audri, good luck with the new job, I hope you like it. We had a good time at the wedding. There were a couple of people that haven't seen me since I lost my weight and they told me I looked good, that's always nice to hear, made me feel pretty good lol.

Mailwhale, good job on the crunches, not gaining weight is good, just keep moving and you will see results.

Dolphingirl, how's everything going, I know you're probably doing plenty of crunches, keep up the good work.

Have a good day.
Old 04-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #25  

It was so nice to have so many posts to read. Just for the record I am doing my crunches almost everyday Sandy.

I worked out this mornig but it was shortened due to an early appt. but maybe I can get a walk in later. I have been running errands all day & I have so much left to do. the eating has been pretty good & I have been moving. The scale is almost ready to smile that I am back to my low again...that is not to say I am at goal. But I would like to be at the low so I can start moving towards the goal again.

Mailwahle I would donate the crockpot b/c people always have different ideas about what to do w/ stuff. Sometimes places fix things too, but not as often as they did a few years ago. I would say don't keep the clutter though. I hope your picnic was a lot of fun. YOu are such a good Mom, always doing fun stuff w/ the kiddos.

Flower, Ihope today is going better than yesterday. but the nap was good for you anyway. sounds like you had fun w/ the other boys after the nap too. those times are so important. I hope the job turns out to be a good one when you start.

Time to run. Have a great day ladies & keep moving!!
Old 04-05-2001, 09:04 PM   #26  
you can call me flower

I survived day 1. It was interesting. I learned some new tips. I think they do some wierd stuff tho. O-well, not my shop. I ate really really healthy. I ate at least 10 different veggies today. Very wierd. Easier to eat healthy when you pack your lunch 6 hours prior to eatting it. Can't get crazy w/ sugar if it's not in the lunch box! audri
Old 04-06-2001, 11:19 AM   #27  

Thanks for the crockpot tip Dolphin...I think i may try to give it away at my neighbors garage sale this weekend first...then donate with a note attached expalining what it does (or doesn't do)

We had fun at the park...had the whole place to ourselves. found acorns, willow branches and other treasures, watched a beaver go about his/her busy day.

Yesterday we painted paper Easter Eggs...I have no ideas for today....hmmm.

Whatever it is I should be physical about it so I can burn more calories! It has been kinda cool here so I've not felt much like yard work...that or I'm being lazy. Today looks cloudy. I'm feeling kinda board already and it is only 8 a.m. so I should make some kind of plan for the day!

Flower, good work on the bringing a healthy lunch. I hope your new job becomes a source of pleasure (in addition to income!)

Have a great weekend all!
Old 04-07-2001, 08:23 AM   #28  

Just a quick HELLO
wanted to thank y'all for putting up w/my whining about winter...looks like SPRING is about to arrive in VT! Altho we still have 2' of snow up here, temp's are supposed to be into to 60's this weekend. Lakes are white and frozen over <still ice fishing!> but won't be for long.. our creek is running full... and the geese are back... so, it's a good thing!!!! WALKING WEATHER IS ON IT'S WAY!!!

Audri, soooo exciting hearing about your job.. and you're doing GREAT w/your eating all those veggies and planning meals to take w/you! I'm doing better with that, too.. had been mostly not eating breakfast/lunch and coming home ravinous, so this makes controlling my eating m-u-c-h easier!

Mailwhale, Dolphingirl, Sandy.. good reading all your posts, too... will be back later to respond better! Sounds like everyone's doing really great eating less - moving more!

Well, am off to NY - see there's some terrrific sales. Hope to finally put my wool's away and when I started digging thru, see my spring stuff is nearly threadbare, so time to shop! Not my favorite way to spend a day... just hope I can find something fun in my sz... saw lots of pic's of cute stuff in the mini-sizes, of course! Well, TTYL!!!

Y'ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by Itsworthit; 04-07-2001 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2001, 10:43 AM   #29  

Good morning, not much new but I thought I'd stop in and say hi!

Hubby and I cleaned the garage yesterday but it was darn cold and it is not as tidy as I'd like, but better!!! I'd like to do some yard work today if it is abit warmer. If not maybe i'll just read! I'm feeling like I need a lazy day!

I also went "matron of honor" dress shopping yesterday. Supposed to get a long black dress for an evening wedding in June. Course, it is spring...not a lot of long black things to choose from...perhaps I'll be sewing something like my new years 2000 dress. Would cost less anyway! I did pick up fabric to make Kayla's bridesmaid dress, that'll be easy...no zipper!

Hope you're all having a nice weekend!
Old 04-08-2001, 12:30 PM   #30  

Good Morning,

It has been quiet around here. I hope everyone is doing great.

Mailwhale, good luck with your dress. I'm sure kayla's will be really cute. I'll bet she is excited to be in the wedding.

Itsworthit, it was so good to see you. How did the shopping trip go? I hope you were successful. New clothes sound pretty fun.

Flower, How is the new job going? I hope you are being goood about taking your food. You will prob. drop some weight if you are good. (That is a bonus you know)

Sandy, how was your weekend? Is there any snow left?

I've been busy trying to get hubby & eldest daughter off to Spain. I got the call this morning that they arrived safely & they had been to the beach already. They said it looks a lot like So. Cal. I know they are going to have a great week. I will be here driving the others around.
As far as food goes the struggle continues but I am still trying. I hope I can be sort of good this week with the kids home all day fro spring break & wanting to bake & it constantly. They love to cook cookies. Unfortunatly I love to eat them.

Have a wonderful day & be good to yourself.
Closed Thread