3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Scale Addicts Anonymous #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/36778-scale-addicts-anonymous-5-a.html)

LeanneM83 02-18-2004 08:00 PM

Hi Everyone...

Wow, finally got my puter fixed...ah, but it still doesnt seem to be 100%.ugh, darn machines!
FINALLY, I am down to 138.6..........YAY!!
I am proud to say I have been eating REALLY well while pregnant...I have an ultrasound next week to see just how pregnant I am...looks like a september baby though.... ;)
ANywho, when I went to the doc yesterday he was amazed when he last saw me I was 222lbs. I told him I have been busy :lol:
Hope everyone is doing well..........I am SO happy that I have an amazing scale to remind me EVERY day of my weight...Wish I had one the last 2 times I was pregnant, then maybe my weight wouldnt have gotten so out of hand!

Ciao

Leanne
SW 215
CW 138.6 :lol:

little grasshopper 02-18-2004 10:12 PM

Good for you Leanne, taking such good care of yourself. You have a lot to be proud of and a baby on the way too!!!! How wonderful for you!!! Glad you got your puter...well...improved......:) maybe it's a good patch for now and we can have you back with us!

Hope everyone is having a good night!!

RavenToy 02-19-2004 12:27 PM

Happy Thursday, chicks :)

Leanne - Wow. From 222 to 138. And you're pregnant. That's absolutely wonderful! And your weight loss is very encouraging and inspiring! I'm hoping this year I'll hit my goal of 135. How long has it taken you to lose that much weight? I'm aiming for 5 pounds a month, which will put me at goal by the end of the year. I'd LOVE to hit New Years 2005 at 130anything. :lol: Sooner would be cool, too. :s:

Grasshopper - Ferrets. My daughter wants one SO bad, and they are so blasted cute.. I'd love to have one, too. But we are so busy already with the dogs and horses and everything else. I'd hate to get one and then not be able to pay adequate attention to it, you know? Poor little thing. How did the self motivation to kick the sugar go?

I confess, I worked out today. I did shoulders/back/chest with weights.. still kind of disappointed at how much less weights I can lift than when I fell off the wagon last year, but that will come in time. And of course, the scale is being stubborn. Weights, water, who knows. I just have to keep remembering that the fat is disappearing, the muscle is developing, and I'm OP. Tomorrow will be cardio, Saturday biceps/triceps and cardio, and Sunday is legs.

How is everyone doing?

Hotsplashes 02-19-2004 03:20 PM

Wow! I just checked out that piece that Mooz put on her journal by Ralphie...It is amazing...i just sent it to a friend who was having a bad day and it turned her mood around 100%!! I am printing it out as I type. I'm going to hang it on my fridge and read it every day! Hope everyone is having a good day. It's fairly sunny and somewhat mild..if you consider 35 mild. so things are melting slowly but surely. I am off to go salt what ever ice is left so more of it can be gone sooner than later. Then it's massive spring cleaning time...gonna start with 1st floor then tomorrow will do 2nd floor.

I have a survey to ask everyone...

"How did you get motivated to get excersising?"

I cannot get into it no matter how hard I try...maybe if I get some answers from the ladies here...I will be more motivated!! Thanks

See everyone tomorrow.

LeanneM83 02-19-2004 03:51 PM

Hi Ladies,

Happy Thursday to all.......yay, survivor is on tonight..........my fav show!

Hotsplashes, I hear you guys are getting some SNOW there.....hopefully, it isnt too much b/c we'll probably get it tomorrow.........Well my son is 6.5 months old now so it has taken me that long...I was 215 the day I brought him home from the hospital.(august 1st/03)

Anywho, I am still on a mission to look GREAT while pregnant......

Leanne

RavenToy 02-19-2004 03:59 PM

Wow.. how did I get motivated. Hmm. I guess I just got sick and tired of hearing my own excuses. I knew I needed to do it to get the results I wanted, and I knew that when I do exercise, I love the way I feel, soooo... I guess I just decided enough was enough. Did I want to lose weight or not? Put up or shut up kinda thing.

Good lord it was gorgeous here today. In the mid 60s and I'd swear it was spring. *sigh* It's still down below freezing at night, and for the weekend and next week it will only be getting into the low 50s, but that is SO much better than the teens and 20s we were having a couple weeks ago! I'm such a weenie when it comes to the cold! I just wish I could have skated out of work and gone riding. :s:

little grasshopper 02-19-2004 04:03 PM

Hi guys. How did I get motivated. Well, I'm not. I' thought I was. Turns out it was just a spurt. I'm doing horribly. I have been eating horribly, haven't exercised at all this week. Not even yoga stretches. I can tell it too. I hurt all over.

Need a good swift kick in the pants. I even did the really bad thing - I stopped at dairy Queen last night at 10:00, on my way home from school. I'm really upset with myself but that doesn't seem to be making a differnece right now.

Sorry, just a little frustrated that i'm still not back on the wagon. It seems like something as simple as "don't put it in your mouth" would be easy to control.......

miss_elisha 02-19-2004 09:49 PM

Motivation? I just keep telling myself that no matter how much I hate myself for getting fat in the first place, I'll just hate myself even more if I don't do anything about it. Oh, and I'm sick of seeing really cute clothes at the department store I work at only to find that they don't come in my size. And as I was on the treadmill a little while ago and I wanted so bad to stop and just sit down and watch tv, the words "I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can...." started sing-songing in my head. It actually helped.
Well, that was motivation for exerise. As for motivation for eating right... well, if anyone figures that one out, please let me know, because that answer hasn't hit me yet. And at this point I need a good hard slap in the face.
~Elisha

little grasshopper 02-19-2004 11:14 PM

Ug. We have a client in the school clinic that has apparently been trying to get frisky with one of my classmates. She told him his behavior was inappropriate and he stopped for about 2 seconds before starting all over again and even grabbing her hand at one point and massaging it for her. She was freaked out but at the end of the massage anyway so she just walked out and told the teach. Teacher not only didn't say anything to him about it, she told the classmate that in the future it was the TEACHER'S job to decide if the actions warranted stopping the massage not the students.

Well guess what - he is my first client Saturday. He REQUESTED me. He has not gotten frisky with me but he's been getting more talkative and last massage he stared at me a lot - throughout the massage. Made me uncomfortable but sometimes people do that kind of thing because they are nervous - I didn't know what was going on with other classmates. I hope htey don't expect ME to go to this same teacher and ask her opinion because I won't. If he creeps me out in the slightest I will stop the massage and tell him to get the h%&*! out!!

It's stressing me out even knowing he's asked for me and that they broke policy to move my appointments around so that he'd get me. Do they not realize what he's doing???? Why aren't they supporting students? It's really peeves me to no end!! I'm calling tomorrow to tell them I refuse to work on him based on his past behavior with my classmate and my new insite on his past behavior with me.

Sorry for dumping but I'm really angry and stressed out. i'm angry for my classmate that had it happen to her. And I'm angry that I may have to face the same kind of crap first thing Sat morning with the same cranky teacher! And I just finished my Taco Bell dinner which is not making me feel any better. The good news is that I think I've finally eaten enough junk that I'm sick of it for a while.

I hope you all had a good day!! Tomorrow is friday - (or today is for some I guess). A Weekend. Working one for me. 3 weeks before my first break - I think I'll reserve the time for SLEEPING! Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Hotsplashes 02-20-2004 11:33 AM

Good morning every one..

Grassie, go to the humanresource dept. of your school. Explain what is happening and the teacher's behavior. Let the teacher know as well that you are contacting the HR dept as well as the dean of the school. This works. Trust me. I had a situation at school where a teacher was getting friendly with me. I explained to him that if his advances did not stop I would go to the head of the Dept. Head of dept. did nothing..so I went to Dean of School and HR...HR flipped out on teacher, head of Dept, and went to Dean with me. Teacher was suspended as he had been doing this for several semesters and students had complained to Head of Dept..so Head of dept got fired. HR can be a wonderful help. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, everyone, on how you got motivated. I am at that point too where it's put up or shut up. EatingI can control pretty well now cuz any junk food makes me feell ill. It's just the exercize. Now I REALLy have to work for it.

See everyone tomorrow!

135/140

miss_elisha 02-20-2004 09:56 PM

Well, looks like I'm about to become an "official" member of the group by quitting my job. :/ (Read: I didn't get that promotion.) I guess that means I have to get a real job now. *sigh*
On the plus side, I did really really well on my diet today. That makes one day. I even got up early and exercised. Yay Me! But I'm really glad I did it this morning, because right now I'm so mad I just want to.... I don't know.... throw something. They gave that job to a girl that even the manager doesn't like. And I'm sure I would have done a much better job than she will.
*deep breath*
That just means I'm destined for an even better job with even better money.
And one day is all it takes. Every day. I have to do this one day at a time.
~E

Hotsplashes 02-21-2004 04:59 PM

Howdie everyone!

Well, Elisha, I always wonder what the other person ever has over me when I KNOW they don't have near the qualifications. Doesn't it make you wanna sneak into the office and take a peek at the interview notes? I alway think I will find "Gives good BJs under the desk" or something like that. I'm mean aren't I? It just comes from seeing that happen way too many times as a bartender.

Congrats on getting up early and exercising! I have done nothing today but groceries and watch tv!lol

Leanne, we didn't get snow. We got Rain! and LOTS of it. The snow has just started today and it's really hitting coming down. The weather network says less than 1cm. But we've already got an inch. So i figger prolly 2 or 3 which is fine, considering the east coast got 5 feet of it!

Tulip and Grassie, where be you two? Did you two hop a plane to somewhere warm with the rest of Scale Addicts? For Shame!!! And I bet you picked up Raventoy on the way!!lol

See everyone tomorrow, more than likely!!

RavenToy 02-21-2004 08:58 PM

Helllooooooo peoples. Wow, what a great day! I got up early, had my coffee and my weekend treat of Raisin Nut Bran, then walked the dogs and did the dishes. Then I made a run to Super Walmart, got home and put all the chicken breasts and hamburger in the freezer in single serving sizes... Then I did my bicep/tricep weights. I wasted a little time then just kicking around for a few minutes, then hit the treadmill and did my 2 miles 18 seconds faster than my previous best time. And .. I blew out my headphones. :o Then I grabbed a quick light lunch, took a quick shower, and we headed out to the stables. We rode for about two hours, I think my legs will be telling me all about it tomorrow. I was able to do my posting trot for 6 times around the arena, not necessarily gracefully, but I did it. And for the first time in 30 years, I hit a canter. And not just once! Now I have to start working on the details.. like - get that butt down in the saddle! :dizzy: Fed all the ponies, dogs, and cats - then home and STARVING but ate my dinner and my healthy choice ice cream sandwich, and calories came in almost exactly on target. *oof* It was beautiful weather, finally. We go out to the stables early to feed again tomorrow. I'll probably ride Copper again, then lunge Arashi.

Grasshopper - I wouldn't handle something like that well at all. Not from the client, and NOT from the teacher. As a professional you wouldn't be expected to put up with that kind of nonsense, why should you have to now?? I hope you got the situation resolved!

Elisha - I replied to your journal on that one... I know it really stinks, but maybe just trying to hang onto the thought that the next job you find will be one where you are appreciated and compensated appropriately. Sometimes it takes a while to find the "right" job.

HS - Hey! That's how I got most of my jobs, you got a problem with that!?!?! :s: Yeah, I'm kidding. But I know I wonder too about why some people get promoted over others. It really is awfully suspicious sometimes. And hey! It was pretty darn warm here today, for a change! I think we made it into the upper 50s! Boy did I need that. I really hope the warming trend continues. I'm SICK of winter, sick of rain, sick of grey and wind and cold. Bleh.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

little grasshopper 02-22-2004 08:36 AM

Hi guys. Thanks for the support. I got someone to swap my afternoon clinic hours Saturday. I was to have 2 massages. When we got there, they hadn't taken creepy hands off the books, just moved him to a new therapist. We all insisted that we would not work on him and couldn't possibly give him the unconditional, healing touch we are suppose to give under the circumstances...anyway they took him off the books and the teach was surprisingly nice to us. It wierded us all out a little but she was very nice. We'll see how it all plays out when we are back in class with our teacher Monday night - I know they had a phone call about it all while we were IN THE ROOM. I'm not going to worry too much about it until it matters to. Only 2 more months....two weeks and I have spring break. 1 week of freedom!! :)

Yesterday was beautiful here too!!!! I worked clinic and then took a 3 hour sleep! Something I've needed for a long time! Opended all the windows in my house and just slept!! Then BF and I took Mac to dog park and then to a lake park so he could swim. We saw 50 first dates last night. Very cute movie! I do recommend it.

Okay, I have an all day seminar today. Better get moving. HS - no planes to warm weather, allthough I like the idea!!

miss_elisha 02-22-2004 09:09 AM

Ok, I've got another survey/question for everyone:

How do you deal with unsupportive people?

My family just isn't helping. They keep bringing home boxes of chocolate cupcakes and cookies and then even after I say no they keep trying to talk me into having "just one" (which is never really just one). I've tried to explain to them that I want to be healthy and that means eating healthy foods, but it only seems to work for about 5 minutes. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't. One thing I know for sure is that I can't handle this all the time! I know I've got to do something, I just don't know what to do.