3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   CCRRMM at home in the palace ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/36671-ccrrmm-home-palace.html)

Amarantha2 03-01-2004 10:48 PM

And Dollar!

Amarantha2 03-01-2004 10:49 PM

And some others!

Let's all check in at the palace. The towel boys are wondering if they did something to offend ...

anagram 03-02-2004 12:57 AM

What great news for my first "at home, late night" session. I'm just filled with good vibes on the news of your new job, Wildfire. And that you still get to go on vacation. AND that it looks like you're going to be working with people who will appreciate you!

Have done a cursory scan, will surely be missing some but let me start.

Loved hearing the news of little Maggie and hope she and Mommy are doing well.

wsw, sorry to hear of insurance coverage problems (deal w/mucho medications for dh and some for me and our good coverage is a real blessing). But then so much good news too. Electric chair is exciting - the unexpectedness of it all. And then that moving day is so close. I know it will take some toll so will be thinking of you and sending good health vibes.

Kaylets, Wildfire - sorry to hear of the strife w/younger generation. And Arabella, hope thy son is doing better. Can you feel our arms around you?

Cerise, spriglet - you're a source of springtime and light to us so let us send a bit back to you to carry you onward to the coming brightness. You too, Punkin. DH (plus DD and now we are suspecting the elder princess) also must deal with this problem. It is another reason (besides his thin blood) that we spend some time in FL in the winter. There's daylight a bit longer there but also the place we rent has some bodacious windows that face the rising son and flood the place with light. Also he can be outdoors more and that helps him. So anyway, long story, but I understand the changes it can contribute to.

And Kaylets, Empress, wsw - congrats on the determined weightloss. Yes, K. I know you're up a temporary tad but a few days will take care of that. I think I'm going to take a few days of water and hopefully op before I face the Demon. I was very good the first three weeks but then....... Perhaps significantly it took three weeks before I began to unwind.....almost six before I reached "relaxed".

Glad to see you perking along again, Ceara. You had mentioned a tan at some point. Moi? Nay, nay. I got a few more freckles on my arms but I've had a few skin cancers removed already from my face and avoid the sun as much as possible. I know, I know - so why go to Florida? Easy answer, DH.

Eydie, did you see me wave as we came north on 81? I know you're miles from there but I waved REAL hard. Sounds like you're back on track and I hope to emulate you just as I hope to follow your lead to goal.

And Momma Frogger - hope you're feeling better. Must be really tough holding down THREE jobs right now. I know only two are paying but that "manufacturing" process takes a lot of energy too. And your boss sounds charming. We'd all love to see you be able to bust her chops and head off to a dream job (your day will come) but right now that insurance coverage looms large. Any progress on DH's job search?

Ah, it feels so good to be back. Missed you all like mad. Am unable to sleep though I thought I'd be exhausted. Too many things to do, think about, work out. Tomorrow's another day. The night is for catching up on computer time. At least tonight is.

Empress, btw, I completely eschewed the evil Krispy Kremes while in the land where I first encountered them. Would I had eschewed all other evils as well.

Kaylets 03-02-2004 07:06 AM

Hello all!

Very late today....

Wildfire! Very excited for you! Could the universe be trying to keep you balanced?? New job but plumbing problems?? :?:

Anagram! You're just in time to see the crocuses pop up!

To all! Have a great day!

Today's thought is :

"There are two ways of spreading light:
To be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
--Edith Wharton

Question of the day :
"Would you describe yourself as having a positive attitude?"
--Table Topics from the Pampered Chef

KETTLE IS ON!~

wsw 03-02-2004 09:56 AM

anagram-it is so comforting to know you are back. welcome home!

zadie k!-congrats on the .5 lb down!

wilfire-the toilet woes are no fun! i really am happy for you regarding your new job!! how exciting!

i am pretty worn out from moving preps, so plan to take it a little easier today than yesterday, so i can pace myself better on through to the move. yesterday, was not as good as i would like for the food choices, so need to be more diligent with that today. so far, so good. hi eydie, amarantha, ceara, and to all the courtly challengers, have a good day. take care, all.

anagram 03-02-2004 10:32 AM

QOD, yep I'd say I'm more positive than negative - sometimes a downright Pollyanna. But I do have the occasional dark side and a lot more of that in recent months than I'd like. But overall POSITIVELY POSITIVE.

I'm going out to look for a crocus right now.

Cerise 03-02-2004 01:58 PM

Errant knight checks in.

Hello, dears.

Sorry for the long hiatus. In my case, it was "no news is good news". Well, I've nothing bad to report, other than the fact that I've made no progress with food journalling, and have a weigh-in today at WW that I'm not looking forward to. I've been off-program for somthing like a month now, pitiful, and don't want anyone to know. Least of all my WW leader when we look at the scale today. Poop. :mad: I have some deep thinking to do about food journalling. I hate it - hate looking forward to going out to dinner and then that inevitable thought: "Oh. Yeah. I have to eat salad and try to count the points for the sunflower seed sprinkles. Great." Etc, etc. The only reason I DO try to journal (and why I joined WW) is because such a large percentage of successful weight losers journal. But I hate doing it. Does weight loss mean buckling down and doing something I despise, several times every day? Can't I just trust myself and try to make good choices when I eat, small portions, without the damned pencil and paper, calculator and points booklet? Whine, whine, whine.

Anyway - other than that life's looking up. The days are getting longer and my spirits are lifting accordingly. Still trying to struggle out of the emotional cobwebs that separate me from the almost boundless energy that I enjoy during the other 9 months of the year. That reminds me of the QOD. My answer is: ask me in another 2-3 weeks. :D

Wildfire, they caved!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: We can thank our darts of positive, "Wildfire-is-the-best-that-money-can-find" energy (and the fact that you were without question the best person for the job) for your victory. Sorry about your toilet. I hope your super gave that guy the old one-two. Verbally, of course. Poor baby. You weren't ON the toilet when it went kablooey, were you? :lol:

Anagram, I'm SO glad you're back in the thick of things! Your presence was missed on the thread, but in a good way, kind of, since we all knew you were off digging your toes in the sand or what-have-you. ;) I hope your homecoming gets through with being hectic soon and that you can sink back into your haven with a sigh...

wsw, how great that someone's coming by to help you with the heavier stuff. I'm still glad every day for the friends that have you surrounded.

Kaylets, can't wait to hear about your next speech. You need to drop the belief that you're boring us with it in any way. Nothing could be further from the truth, at least in my case.

All right, chickadees, I know I haven't gotten to all of you, but I'm out of words (a miracle!) and need to get to work.

Love!

Punkinseed 03-02-2004 04:05 PM

Hello dahlings!

Well, it was "toasty Tuesday" but yonder clouds moved in and now it's lookin' a tad stormy.... but, the days are getting longer and longer!!!! :cb:

Yesterday's weigh in was beeeautiful. Down a bunch, 2 or 3, I haven't done the math (was 214.? now 210.4) guess that's a good sign that I'm not *so* obsessive that I remember and forge it in my memory? :shrug: All I know is that it didn't take much for my jeans to feel better on!

Got some very touching news from girlfriend in CA that lost her son. They're naming an award for him that will be presented to a child in general education in his school based on their interactions with children in special education. What a huge honor for her and her husband... I was a bit weepy about it all.

On to the posties!

WSW, take care with all that moving work! Enjoy your temporary rest before there's more work to be done! Wish I could come help... really.

Amarantha, first, yes, it's sweet in an odd way to have that kind of appreciation come out of the mouth of an elderly gentleman ( :lol: ) second, funny that you bring this up since it was just in our paper that the gentleman that hung out at our Fred Meyers (large department store) passed away on Tuesday at 96 years old. He used to sit on the bench right in front of Customer Service and chat with workers, oogle women and apparently really liked those fuller figures - often whistling and making hour glass outlines with his hands in the air... I sometimes think ALL men, regardless of age, see themselves as original Don Juans!

Eydie, yes, I think yours was a compliment too. Maturity to me isn't a bad thing - I'd rather be considered "mature" than "young". Maybe it's my age (which you all know isn't all that old) but I'd rather be worldly and wise than be the cutesy-pie giggle-pus. :yes:

Anagram, WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!! Thank you SO much for the post card! It's still sitting in my kitchen window on the sill - so that as I looked out at the bleak, cold, dark winter day - I also had a sunny Floriday beach to behold too! :cool:

Zadie, congrats on the loss! Go get 'em worker bee! (busy is always better than bored imho).

Wildfire, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :cb: :dance: I'm SO jealous! Almost a MONTH off?!?!?!? Can I come with you???? Pleeeeeeeease????
Hope the floor's a quick fix and idiot neighbor is also "fixed" soon too!

Cerise, yes dear heart. Journal, journal, journal.... The necessary evil of weight loss. It works though, truly.

Today would've been Dr. Seuss' 100th birthday, so I shall leave you all with a quote I found in today's paper.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind."
~ Theodor Seuss Giesel (1904-1991)

Terri

anagram 03-02-2004 05:06 PM

Took Kaylets advice and went out and found the croci. Plus some tulips coming up. I really did make time for a walk w/dh in the midst of all this chaos. It's coming together some. It will be weeks (or longer) but the really wild mess is being tamed.

So nice to be back to checking in a couple of times a day. Hoping it will inspire me to settle down on plan again - whatever that plan will be.

Cerise, thou speakest for me on the journalling. I do a daily scratch sheet sometimes to be sure I can remember but don't do the "real" thing. Naughty, naughty.

Punkin, what a lovely remembrance for your friend's child. Hope it helps assuage a bit of your pain too.

One of the things accomplished (painfully, I admit) during the early weeks of this vacation was coming to terms with all the changes in my life during the past year and a half. Things had been so non-stop and I was "merely" plunging on and coping the best I could. I had time then to sort things out, to mourn my mother, and to accept the changes wrought by her passing and the passing of dh's more healthy, active self. He has come back miraculously but not nearly 100% and I think our life will not be normal as it was but normal as it's now become. I was thinking if we could just hold it together until things got "back to normal", all would be well and had to talk to me a bit about what "normal" is. I also (FINALLY) seemed to recover from the pneumonia - not till just a few weeks ago though. Looking back, I think I was a real mess and maybe it's a good thing I didn't know how much of one.

Anyway, the head seems in a better place. Some stress still, of course, but looking like things will be smoother. And what better time than spring to commit myself to yet another Fresh Start. Aaah!

And even though it's been chaotic, I'm relieved to be in my messy, cluttered OWN place.

Amarantha2 03-02-2004 10:28 PM

Yo!

Sorry, this is just about journaling and I don't mean to only answer Cerise, but just feel moved to talk about this.

Cerise, dost thou have the Flexpoints calculator? You really don't need to write down everything you eat (just ignore those who say you do, remember always to do it your own way), just get the calculator and log the numbers. It's not hooked up to the internet or anything, so it's simple. There are devices that count calories the same way for us folks that dinna wanna use the points anymore (me) ... I've used one that was nice but expensive and died on me. That one kept a weekly and monthly average. I'm thinking of trying a cheaper one I've seen advertised in a fitness mag. It keeps a monthly log of what you eat as well as the calories.

Dunno, though. I do very well with my system of keeping a paper journal and then log calories and exercise minutes into a spreadsheet at night. I've set up the spreadsheet in three week increments (I just archive the old one and changes the dates every three weeks). I've set up the spreadsheet to update my weekly calorie and exercise minute averages each day and how many exercise minutes I have left to reach my weekly goal. I put a picture of Artemis on the spreadsheet for inspiration.

When I lost 100-plus pounds the first time, I wrote everything into a journal that I took with me everywhere. I used colored inks, pasted in stickers and pictures and inspirational sayings and pictures of myself losing weight. This was a very comforting practice and the book was a friend that I carried with me through many sad trials, so it wasn't a chore for me.

At other times when I was maintaining and very busy traveling and working, I used a scientific calculator ... carried it around and logged calories as I ate 'em ... sometimes used the second memory to keep a monthly average and the third memory to figure percentage of fat, which I no longer think is very relevant to me.

During the maintenance, I started playing my "streak" game on the exercise front ... seeing how many consecutive days I could exercise. I simply wrote each day's exercise and the date on a yellow legal pad. It only took a second.

Sometimes I've journaled on one of those erasable marker boards you stick on the wall. You can buy them in any office supply store or Walmart for practically nothing. I've tallied all sorts of things on those ... including just writing my goals and checking off days of the week I accomplish them.

Another neat way to "journal" IMO is WW's idea of using tally bracelets to count points ... but I didn't care for WW's bracelets. Some people make their own using movable charms, pearls, whatever. You can also buy fancy versions of this idea online. The only website I know for this is advertised in the WW mag.

Another way to journal (hint, hint) is to come on our CCRRMM Demon Food thread and post thy day's menu there. The thread is getting quite low on posters but I think it's worth keeping going.

I could just go on and on about journaling. There's literally a bazillion ways to do it ... you really don't (repeating myself) have to arduously write down everything you eat.

I'll be silent now!!!

Hi to everyone and I did not mean to ignore anyone. I'm a journalist, unfortunately, and I guess that means I like to journal ... hmmm! Imagine! :chin:

Gotta go. Rambling! :wave:

wsw 03-03-2004 05:49 AM

hi all!

rough night last night. feeling bad physcially and not at my best emotionally since so overly tired. i am feeling very overwhelmed with this final push to get everything done and seemed to have forgotten to stick to plan of "pack, remember to breathe, then pack a little more." i think i am feeling like i am living in a wherehouse now and not feeling at home in my apt. anymore, or at the new condo. when i visit. it is not only because it is not completely ready yet . i think it will take a while until i get used to the new digs. i will have plenty of time to do that. just seeing my furniture piled up in it on sat. will make a big difference, i know. right now i am more exhausted and overwhelmed than i would like, so today, i will stick to the less strenuous things i can do to prepare and "just keep breathing--." it is my birthday tomorrow and my friends who have been working on the condo. want to celebrate over there for dinner. (this will be 2 days before the furniture is in, so we will use card table, etc.) they thought it would be nice to christen my new place in this way. there will just be 5 of us altogether, so it will be a small gathering and pretty manageable. maybe after tomorrow night, it will start feeling a bit more like my home than it does right now. truthfully, even though the idea to do this is sweet, it wouldn't really be my first choice. i'd rather go to a familiar restaurant and wait to have my first open house there when my stuff is in the place and the window treatments are up and more of it is finished, but maybe they are right and it will be fun after all. i know one thing for sure--they mean well, and since they aren't running on too little sleep as i am, they probably have a good idea. will let you know how it goes. right now, i will keep doing my job and get ready for saturday, so everytyhing is ready to go out the door when my friends roll the moving truck up to my 'ole door. have to say, once i am in there, i am sleeping for a week! speaking of sleeping, i am going to bed early tonight too. now, off to get in some exercise before i try to sneak back in to bed! have a good day, all. thinking of you. take care.

Kaylets 03-03-2004 07:12 AM

Sick Day!

:( Hello all!

Am calling it an official sick day.... if I wasnt awake most of the night, it sure feels like I was...Hot and cold, achy and fuzzy headed.... ok, so I'm usually like that but today its hard to even finish this post....

Even have a brand new outfit to wear today which will have to wait....

I'm going back to bed for awhile and look in later....

Cerise 03-03-2004 12:59 PM

Not sick, but very tired.

IDIOT!!! I stayed up until 1 a.m. watching "School of Rock" with my beloved. Gah. Jack Black almost made the fatigue I'm feeling this morning worth it, but it's a close thing. Just have to make it through the day... :halfempty

Whined to my WW group yesterday about HATING to journal. I have to say, Amarantha, that your different and very cool ideas ALMOST got me fired up enough to do something about it. I'll print it, keep reading it and hope to God I get interested enough to implement something. Soon. My weight was up 1.5 pounds yesterday. :stress: Anyway, thank you so much and it's good stuff. You spent a lot of time on me, darlin', and I won't forget it.

Aw, Kaylets. Poor baby. Stay home and sleep, honey. Sending you good vibes for warm covers, langorous thoughts, cessation from suffering and, most of all, total comfort. No twisted, sweaty sheets or constant getting-up-to-blow-your-nose. Here ya go... :goodvibes

Happy Birthday, WSW! :flow1: :hb: :flow2: Y'know, it IS your birthday, darling. Your highness has every right to express your preference for how to spend your birthday. Don't forget, too, that going to a restaurant would be easier on them than doing a cooked dinner...I'm so sorry you're not feeling well today - can you take it a bit easy? Thanks for coming in and updating us even though you're feeling rotten.

Hey, I'm going to step in for poor Kaylets today and provide brain fodder:

Today's thought of the day is:
"The hardest battle is to be nobody but yourself in a world that's trying it's best, night and day, to make you just like everyone else."
E. E. Cummings

Today's question of the day is:
"Would you rather spend a month on vacation with your in-laws or a month working heavy overtime at work with no compensation?" ~from The Book of Questions

Eydie, I got my Veena and Neena DVDs yesterday! :hyper: You're right, it's good stuff! I'm going to do the 1/2 hour basic moves thing tonight. I owe you one, man. The music's even good! :D

Anagram, I'm glad you got some headwork done this winter. You have indeed experienced a grueling year emotionally. Darling, I hope when my turn comes to experience loss that I have even a portion of your courage. I admire you more than I can say for the way you handle the knocks life hands you. Thank you so much for sharing the difficult times with us as well as the good. When do you reunite with the princesses, by the way? :queen:

Hey, Punkin, thanks for the "do what you need to do and quit'cher whining!" message. I know, that's not even close to what you said/meant, but that's what I'm about these days: whining and crying and getting loving slaps on the head from the people who know I need it. Thank you, darling, and I'm so happy that the scale's cooperating with you again. :p

So, Wildfire, you gonna give good notice or are you going the "Take this job and shove it!" route? I'm getting a wicked grin picturing it, though I'm pretty sure you're more conscientious (is that spelled right?) than that... :chin:

All right, love to the rest of you. I'm going to mainline more caffeine and pretend that I'm a contributing member of society today.

Onward!!! :twirly:

anagram 03-03-2004 02:41 PM

Cerise, you've already contributed a lot to society today - at least to the Regal society.

And lovely birthday, wsw. The little birthday bash at New Place sounds like something you'll always remember. After so many birthdays (most very lovely) it's hard to remember which ones were which but this one will stand out for you.

QOD - well, my in-laws are gone now but there is no doubt in my mind I'd rather have worked, and worked, and worked. I was definitely NOT blessed in that direction. FIL was nice enough but VERY old world. MIL, well, if you can't say anything nice....I think the best I can say is she taught me to be as nice as I can be to my DIL so maybe I owe her for that.

Feel better Kaylets. I'll have a cup of tea for/with you. Sister sounds like she's sharing your germ so I'm staying away from her. My plants will have to survive with her for another couple of days.

Some order seems to be returning here. Will be Midsummer until I catch up to where I'd like to be - and that's only if I keep working on it. Like dieting, it seems I only go so far and then run off and play for awhile.

Will be hopping back in dreaded car this weekend to go hug the princesses. Was just going to go down Sunday but DD just called and asked us to come Sat to have more time w/the girls and just maybe so she and her dh can go out a bit. Don't like leaving my own bed so soon but we'll go. We're also to babysit the last weekend of the month. I'll also be picking up my GS cookies - this year I ordered only what dh can eat. You were right, Punkin, the ones I ordered last year did keep well in freezer and - BELIEVE IT OR NOT - I was hardly tempted by them. Ended up throwing the last of them out only recently. Now I have in the freezer some petit fours given by a friend. I ate some, but they are way too sweet for me these days. Will probably end up throwing them out as well. Please note that ANYTHING peanut butter flavored is NEVER too sweet for me and NEVER gets thrown away.

ok, must I? Yes, I must get back to work though only to paperwork now. The piles on the dining room table MUST be winnowed. I think I'll start with all the charitable requrests sent to my mother - absolutely amazing how quickly they picked up on a change of address for her - and Lordy, she was a charitable lady who must have been on every imaginable list.

Kaylets 03-03-2004 07:14 PM

Hello all!

Sleeping all morning seems to have made a difference although I am still moving slowly...
but not to fear...appetite remains so I know its nothing serious...

Thanks Cerise... And I like that quote very much too...Thanks for jumping in... I didnt even send out my Good Morning email... you don't mind if I "borrow" yours and send it now do you?

One little thought about journaling...
If you're like me, many of the same things (Bread for instance) get eaten every day if not a couple times a day.... those type of things you probably already have memorized the points....
Other things I have often I keep my "own" list so I don't have to look them up everytime ie: a serving of homemade lentil soup... etc..
The latest thing I've hit upon that is working really well for me is an idea I "lifted" from another poster who suggested carrying an index card in a pocket and then filing all the cards by date order... I use an index size sticky that I stick on my desk at work and add as I eat...It doesnt get in the way and the "book" I staple them into stays at home so the odds of misplacing other than here in the house are remote...

WSW=-- Happy Day! It will all work out... Perhaps once you're settled you could host the next birthday for all your hardworking renovating friends...
Keep smiling.. won't be long now... you're doing great

re qod- never met my fil, but mil was a very interesting lady... she didnt live to see DH and I married so this is a moot question really... but its all hypotheical... If we went on vacation w/ them it would have involved polka in someway so how could I go wrong?? I'd rather polka than work w/o reimbursement....

Where is everyone else?

I miss everyone!