CCRRMM at home in the palace ...

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • Zadie - you're going to get to work on Frogger's employer, too, aren't you?
  • Hello all!

Yes, indeed, did I miss a Frogger post??? Let's hope she can check in with us soon....

DH stopped at the Big W store and got me my favorite water... I am trying to use the next contest competition as a "goal" ... the audience would never know if I was below or above 160 but I would know and I think that would be a boost of self esteem.... Wardrobe definitely needs new pieces...The things that do fit are ok for everyday "casual" wear but not nice enough for the contest....

My plans are definite now regarding going to WW's meetings as additional motivation to get to goal.... If I cannot get to the Monday night meeting near my house on Monday, I'll join anywhere and then make the following Monday....
    I'm wondering if perhaps my long years of dieting, dealing, and denying my weight issues might lend itself to "relating" to others with the same issues...

We'll see...

WSW-- snowbound again! Its amazing how NC has had more snow than we have had this year.. I'm not complaining mind you!
    This is wonderful news about the electric wheel chair!! And I think the universe is giving you a wonderful opening..... Since the director called you personally with the gift..... it would very appropriate for you to either call her back and thank her again personally ( now that the significance has sunk in) or to write a note... (Or both)......
    And since, the director is so involved, who better for you to ask for a lead regarding your med dilemma.....Think how you would make her day by asking for her advice!! Who knows who she knows, what phone numbers are in her phone directory!
    Sometimes the universe gives us a spoon when we could use a shovel, this time it looks like you got steam shovel! Don't be shy... how could she know that this is an issue for you unless you speak up...
    Besides which, since this lady is your gift from the universe, you wouldn't want to appear ungrateful now would you??

----

DH and DS are both at the bowling alley... I have the jazz station playing as I sit here in my sweats....Should go and get the dish washer running....
    since I have to get up and go the bathroom ( did I mention I'm chugging water ?) .....

• Hello dears,

After 10pm and I'm just now getting home for the evening. No final decision on the job, but was told again it's all done but the signing....they want to speak to my fourth reference (Director of Admissions at the college where I took my Computer Science), and will then be ready to make an offer. Of course, it ain't over 'til it's over, so not counting any chickens yet.

wsw, GREAT news on the electric wheelchair! Take it!

I'll catch up tomorrow...Happy Friday Eve!
  • Hello all!

Here we go Friday!

Scale was up 3 lbs this am! YIKES! Can't be because I started chugging water...must be coincidence... with the first of the month coming and etc...
    (TOM!)
    Isn't this comical... Planning on first weighin at WW's meeting on Monday ....'
    know it will be a higher weighin because it will be in the evening and ... I'll have my clothes on but sure didnt expect 3lbs up this way too!!
    Ah well.... sometimes the road is very bumpy on the journey...

Still, the traveler continues, trying to sidestep the potholes.... but sometimes the tires make that ugly thudding noise.... but,
    wheels keep on turning......

Today's thought is:
    "If at first you don't succeed,
    you're running about average."
    --M.H. Alderson

Question of the day :
    "If a friend invited you to sail across the ocean in at two person boat, would you go? Why or why not?"
    --Table Topics from the Pampered Chef

KETTLE IS ON!
  • What a gyp! Yesterday and last night it was supposed to snow like crazy. 'Biggest storm of the season' they said. And we got nuthin'! I got all worked up for it and not a flake! I had planned a long day of lolling around the house with Garry. now it looks like we have to be up and doing and accomplishing. Dang! [Pardon my french.]

Kaylets, pay no attention to the scale. It'll be different tomorrow. I read something the other day that was a revelation to me---about retaining water. If we retain only 2 cups of water [not much at all!], that's a pound! I knew that, I don't know why it struck me as it did!

wsw, wow! What a great gift!

Okay, I've got to be up and doing, and readjusting my thinking. The sky is blue, the sun's shining--it's an absolutely beautiful day. Hey, I'm feeling better...
  • Happy Friday!!!
    And happy Leap Weekend too!

Thank goodness it's Friday... I could've slept till noon today if the light on my alarm hadn't gotten so bright. Since cleaning up my eating I've been sleeping SO much sounder! Amazing how that works, huh?

Wildfire, good luck on the job dahling, hopefully it all falls into place for ya!

Kaylets, with all that water chuggin, by Monday you could loose those 3 pounds of retention! I think with your experiences, you could easily relate to others what this journey is like.

Eydie, uh, you're sorry you didn't get your storm? Are you nutty? SPRING BABY!!!!! THINK SPRING!!!!! Not storm.... For me, the only "storm" I want is to stand in the shower and pretend it's rain!

Spring IS coming, I have bulbs coming up outside AND in my house. Now mind you, it never got to freezing INSIDE my house, so I'm not sure how the little bulbs know what time of year it is, but I have a jar of daffodils that are starting to sprout inside the jar... Even *they* know Spring is coming!

Well, toodles for now - we're changing ISP's today so I will probably pm you all with a new email address next week!

Enjoy the weekend! Anyone else watchin' the Oscars?
    Terri
  • hello eydie-i think it's great you are going to get a tatoo! sorry you were disappointed by no snowstorm. believe me--i would have been happy to give you some of ours!

kaylets-i will definitely call the director and write her a nice thank you note for such kindness and generosity. also, that is a great idea to check with her regarding any ideas for med. coverage/assistance.

wildfire-that's very exciting about your almost official job offer! they will be lucky to have you. sending very lucrative job offer vibes your way.

punkin-i am with you about spring/warmer weather. i love it! ready for spring big time!

hi to anagram, ceara, amarantha, zadie k. and to all the remaining members of the royal court.

have remained op and exercised today. actually, food-wise, it has been a good couple of weeks now. well, have a good weekend, everyone! take care.
  • Hello all!

HOLY MACKERAL! yesterday must have been a test...
    I planned to attend a demo party at 6 pm and went to the coffee room at work for sf hot choc (more came in) ... AND .... SUPRISE... Here's a MONSTER carrot cake, all cut up, .....OH MY.... fingers were jumping off my hand to just get a taste of frosting.... but I forced myself to turn away and quickly fill my cup and RUN< RUN<RUN.... back down the hall... well, not literally but I think you know what I mean.... and then, later, when I thought for sure the cake would be all eaten up....there it was STILL....
    but I resisted..
    . because I knew what would happen...Just didnt want to go thru that "MORE< MORE<MORE" routine for who knows how long....
    Then, at the demo, there were veg and fruit trays but also plain cheese pizza... and since it got to be 7-7:30.... I had one piece... which did taste like "have another one, why not?" but I resisted....
    Just a reminder, that no matter where I go, when you least expect it.... rather than Candid Camera... its the Food Demon... YIKES< guess this should be on other thread too... hmmmm...well, I'll let the Empress rule on this one..

But I did have fun and enjoyed myself and even got some great buys as this demonstrator was letting discontinued items go for 1/2 price... one holiday gift is done!! ( Now if I just keep track of it till next Dec!)

WSW-- Hope I didn't sound too pushy... I just meant that you had the perfect lead in to speak to the director again....
    In rereading what I wrote, I realize I sounded overbearing....

Thought of the day:
    "To those who need encouragement, remember this:
    Beware of quitting too soon. Dr. Seuss's first children's bookwas rejected by 23 publishers.
    The 24 publisher sold 6 million copies."

Question of the day :

"What would be a good Saturday question?"

Need to go get some laundry started!

KETTLE IS ON!

• no, kaylets, you did not sound overbearing at all! i knew exactly what you meant and appreciated your thoughts. good for you for resisting the carrot cake! believe me, i know how hard that is.

i have been continuing to chip away at packing and tossing. since i have to do everything so slowly, more and more, i am appreciating having this extra week. a friend is coming over this afternoon to help me pack some of the bigger things, which are a little more problematic for me to handle. i appreciate her offer of help and it will be nice to visit with her. she is bringing her pix from her recent trip to india where she participated in operation smile.

down 2 lbs. pleased about that. every ounce is a major battle these days.

well, off to clean up the place before my friend gets here. the apt. is starting to look more like a wherehouse than apt. at this point, so i am becoming even more ready "to move on." hope everyone has a good weekend. take good care, all. thinking of you!
  • Yo, s, sorry I'm falling behind on this thread ... I really like having food, exercise and just talk on different ones for focusing purposes but I do tend to go on a bit on all of them and NOW I'm out of time and missing the chance to respond to everyone AND whine about my blue moods ...

Yea, Kaylets, the is everywhere and veeeery sneaky ... if you get a chance to click on the food thread, you'll see the lengths that evil entity known as Peanut Butter Cup Demon goes to in order to make Amarantha thinketh she is being virtuous (by buying four smaller ones in a four-pack instead of four bigger ones in two double packs, thus saving calories so she thinketh she be ahead o' the game but it's really the being canny, lasses!!!! Sure 'n b'glory (wrong holiday, sorry)!!!!

Anyhow, Wsw, I am thinking of thy moving day and getting excited for thee ... you have a wonderful and exciting new life ahead and CONGRATULATIONS ON SENDING TWO (count 'em) s PACKING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION THAN YE ARE PACKING FOR!!!! Have a blue ribbon: !!!!!

Working again tomorrow. Gotta go!!!! Hopefully, I'll have a good weigh-in to report, but if not, I'll just remember Dr. Seuss ... thanks, Kaylets!!!!
  • A good Saturday question? What is the one unanswerable question in the universe?

• Hello all!

Feels like Spring .... just a tease but for two days its been warm enough to be outside without a coat... I hung laundry outside to dry and it smelled so good when I brought the laundry back into the house last night.
    Going to do some chair throws and bed quilts today and try to take advantage.

Am also preparing a speech for Wed.... will try to keep from boring all of you until I've more of it together....
    PREVIEW HINT: Yesterday's thought of the day was my inspiration... Even went to the library for "research" !

DS UPDATE: Military was just an idea.... not to be take seriously...

Thought of the day :

"Remember, life is not what happens to you but what you make of what happens to you. Everyone dies, but not everyone fully lives.
    Too many people are having "near-life " experiences."
    -- Anonymous

Question of the day :

"If household chores had a monetary value... which chore would cost the most?"

WSW-- Did you have fun yesterday?? Get some more packed too?

Empress-- I can relate....spent nearly an hour in the grocery store and it seemed as though even other people's carts were talking to me!

But... I have a new weapon when food calls my name....
    I change my name!

I give it the old , "I know you aren't talking to me!" routine....

Today, I will answer to .... "Smiley".... a long time ago, someone used to call me that and no matter when they said it, it always did make me want to smile....

---
    To the washing machine!
  • Ok, Smiley, I like that name for you! It's nice when something makes us smile just to think about it.

For me (and I think I've posted this before and it's not really very nice, but it DOES make me smile), the sort of crude words that a rather demented old man said to me once at a senior center I often visited in my job always make me smile and/or laugh. This guy (now deceased) was a used-to-be Lothario who made sexual comments to every female he met, including the elderly patrons of the center, who didn't like it. I'd gotten down to the 140s ... they never saw me really heavy there and he was also making suggestive remarks to me that should have offended me but I thought they were meant to be a compliment ... he said I was built like something ... I can't say it here and all his compadres shushed him and spirited him away. I laughed all the way home and I'm still laughing because nobody had ever said that to me before ... and you know, it's somewhat true, I AM (built like ...) ... I think we all need to feel that way about ourselves and approach this journey in that spirit!

Sorry if this offendeth anyone ... I need to go back to work! Sheesh. Just prewriting now, going to do the rest on Monday ... that's tomorrow. Later ...
  • Amarantha, would that question be the one about "is there life after death" whether you believe in Heaven, reincarnation, or whatever?
  • Was he referring to .....
    Empress... was he referring to a structure made of brick???

Isnt that an interesting expression?? And how could it be considered a compliment?? But everyone I know considers it as one....
    Interesting.....