Old 03-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Sooooo cute Marti! Using a button was a great idea, and Jhanai is a doll. You know they actually sell stuff like that at the scrapbook store. I could really benefit from going to their classes. Anywho, your scrapbook is lookin' good!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:42 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bel...bum?.dir=/d1d5

Ok...first...I moved it back to the correct area....then...I made it public. I hope it works!!

Shanna came over to do some scrapbooking and her pages are just great!! So I took some photo's and we tried to download it onto her own albums....but she forgot her password!! So that's why they're in mine.

Pretty good crafter isn't she???
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:49 AM   #48  
GmaTo8

Shanna,
These are really good pages! I bet you are very close to your dad. Like the ones with you and Byron, too. Especially "two tickets to paradise". How clever.

Marti - I didn't realize I hadn't seen all of your pages. They are really good, too! I like how you used the buttons for flower centers. Jhania is growing up!
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:39 AM   #49  
One day at a time

Love the pages Shanna, you did a great job. I need to get to work on mine. You and Marti are giving me some good ideas.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #50  

Well I finished my pages I've been working on. The First two are of Jhanai that I took this Spring. I had been working on them since I took those photos!! I had so many different idea's and finally I put it up. And when I took it back out after months...it just all came together.

The other two are of Jhanai when she was about 3 1/2 and was having fun playing in the huge pile of leaves. I couldn't think of what to do, then all of a sudden the idea of cutting some of the pictures into the shape of a leaf came to mind and that's what I did. I had fun doing it, although it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it still looks good.

The last two are of me that I did the beginning of the year. (yeah, I have a ME page) These were taken since I've been with James and my weight was up and down....This is what I wrote:

"Trying to find the perfect weight and staying there has been a journey for me. I always thought that is what will make me happy. But as I look over these photos and remember the times they were taken, I realize that I AM happy. Why struggle to find that happiness when it's right there?
I met and fell in love with a wonderful, loving man, and I have a beautiful, loving daughter who both bring me more happiness than any weight loss ever will.
So even though I may struggle to lose weight, I know I'll never have to struggle to find true happiness.
...........And these photos prove it."

Here is the link: http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bel...ames/my_photos
Old 08-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #51  

marti- you sound like such a talented scrapbookist.LOL is that a word??? the only thing crafty i do is crochet. i was taught when i was 4/5. i had had my fingers broken and the doc suggested that i be taught to do something with my hands (ei., piano, crochet, knit, etc) so since the two babysitters i was always with crocheted they decided that would be the cheapest thing. so here i am 20 some years later crocheting. i didnt learn how to read the books til about 4 years ago. glad i did. its opened up a "whole nuther world" to me. i can now sell my product and pay my daughters medical bills. i have taught several other women to crochet and read the books, i even taught a left handed lady to crochet. (actually she was my fastest learner) well, ive rambled long enough. but i feel about crochet hooks like you all do about your paint brushes and yarn is my paint. thanks for "listening".
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #52  

Thanks TJ--Even though I don't consider myself very talented......I just get a moment ever now and then!!

This is for ANYONE.....Does anyone have a great "quote" book?? One that can be used for Scrapbooking? If so, what's the name of it.....IF you like it of coarse.

I have a hard time with quotes sometimes....I know I should write it myself but I also like to have idea's.

Ok...off to tend to my next pages. (of Jhanai of coarse!! )
Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #53  
GmaTo8

Marti,

Wow!! Your photos are soooooo good! I especially like the leaf ones. Jhanai is getting to be quite a grown up young lady. And yes, you do look very happy!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #54  
One day at a time

Great pages and pictures Marti!

I know the scrapbook store that I frequent sells pages of quotes, and books of quotes. I have bought some of the pages but not the books. The pages are a sheet of 12x12 paper with a design in the background and different quotes on them. Another place I get quotes is online and in magazines. I have cut out lots from magazines and used them or just wrote them on a piece of paper.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:06 AM   #55  

Thank you Jana and Cristi!!

I don't think I've ever seen any papers with quotes on the Cristi, I may have to look some more. I have thought about getting a quote book...just never know which one to buy. (not like I've seen a bunch anyway)

But I think I will do as you do, look on the internet, and magazines....save as a favorite or copy them down...

Already working on the next page....

Anyone else ready to share????
Old 08-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #56  
One day at a time

Marti~I will get you a couple of the pages in the next couple of days so you can see what they look like. They are only $1.29-$1.49 so not expensive at all. Definitely a lot cheaper than buying the book. What I have found at that store is that you have to buy different books to get a variety because they have different ones i.e. all love quotes, inspirational quotes, etc. they are not a mixture. So if you want different things you have to buy different books, and if I remember correctly they are about 7 bucks a pop. The reason I buy the pages, or look in magazines. When I did our wedding scrapbook that is where I got the majority of quotes I put in there-from wedding magazines.

I would love to share some pages but we still haven't bought a digital camera and the pages won't fit in my scanner which is a fax/printer/copier/scanner all in one and I can only put in a piece of paper about 8 1/2 inches wide-all my pages are 12x12. But I will share one day-promise.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:26 AM   #57  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow, some very talented ladies here! I have not done any scrapbooking since making my son a book for his graduation and hubby one for his retirement. I might have to try my hand at it again. I like to do some crafts, nothing too complicated. I also sew and this year have made my DD's and DGD's pj. bottoms. They wear the summer ones with little tank tops and the winter ones with t shirts. I have also made shortie bottoms. Made my DGS Spongebob shorts and shirt and he called and asked for more. I actually have pj's cut out and ready to sew for myself this time.
Someday I might take up quilt making, but seems each project would take so much time. I like something I can start and finish in a day.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:58 AM   #58  

Smile

Hi everyone..im rosey from alaska.. i post in the support groups"backdoorfriends" i was cruising around in 3fc to see whats what and found you all.. didnt know there was a group for crafters and am so excited as im a crafting grma..in fact ido scrapbooks.. greeting cards.. sew for myself and grkids..make quilts.. bead jewelry..crochet and embroidery..i love all crafts..its my passion..its fun to find like minded folks and hope you dont mind me here too..you can find alot of those supplies for scapbooking in e-bay..check it out..do you exchange ideas and patterns?? im from alaska..married to same guy for 35 yrs.. have 2 daughters with great hubbys and 4 beautiful grandkids..we live south of anch in a log house we built.. we are retired now..i have been heavy all my life but struggle everyday to be healthier..hope to get to know you all and exchange crafting ideas..nice to meet you..rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:11 AM   #59  

Hi there Rosey!!

Of coarse you can stop in and join here! If you have anything you would like to share, you are more than welcomed to do it!!

I'm not very crafty....in fact I just started doing scrapbooking this year...but I have been having fun with it and I like to post the photos to share. I feel proud when finish a page.

I have been on e-bay to check things out for scrapbooking and thought I could go wild with it on there!! Eventually I will try and get some stuff.

Anything you would like to exchange, such as ideas or suggestions or advice on scrapbooking or any craft thing......please do. I always like input. And when I'm stuck, it's always nice to hear other peoples ideas.

Keep on posting and share with us your talents!!

Marti
Old 08-04-2004, 08:09 AM   #60  
GmaTo8

Welcome Rosey,

I also am a grandma and love every minute of it! Last year for Halloween, I made little 50's poodle skirts for my twin DGDs, and had fun with that. Hop on over to the chit chat thread, too, if you want. We'd love to have you join us there, too.