Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #1  
Movin' to the Country!

Default Stay at Home Mom's # 121

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:28 AM   #2  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi all!!! Are weather here has been crazy too!!! We were at 70 degrees on Saturday and then Sunday it was miserably cold! Yuck! Hope everyone stays safe and sound through this "Winter Storm". Spring will be here before we know it.

Ds is sick with severe stomach pain and I have to try and get all the laundry done before my helper comes to fold and put away so I can't get personal. Just wanted to say hi! Oh, and Geri, I think that is a great idea with the essential oils for Ginny!!! I use them, as you all know, I am very into anything natural and holistic. We use eucalyptus for colds and such and tea tree and lavendar are great antiseptics for any kind of boo boo. My ds was severely burned by a bowl of grits he tried to get out of the microwave last year and after our trip to the hospital, I decided to use a formula in my herb book instead of the silvadene cream they sent. I used aloe, lavendar and vitamin e and when I took him back 2 days later for his dr appt, the dr almost freaked out. He said he had never seen anything like it...it looked fantastic for a 2 day old burn. So, I am all for the essential oils!!!

Ok, gonna go. Talk to ya'll later though I don't know if I'll make it back today.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

Candy ... we posted at the same time so I'm copying my post from the last thread....sorry if it's a rerun for some of you ... hope Ds gets better soon!!

Good morning everyone

Snowing again this morning. They say we only ended up with 3 inches yesterday but it was blowing around so bad it seems like more. We're supposed to get another 1-2 today but it's really coming on strong and blowing again so we'll see. Supposed to have a reprieve tomorrow and then another small storm on Thursday. Hoping my Mom comes over tomorrow to play with Tony so I can get Will outside for awhile. I'm babysitting a friends 4 1/2 yo boy tomorrow, so they can play together.

Andrea, they're plain M&Ms but I had some for you anyway . Glad you enjoyed the breadsticks.

Spryng, yes I rested. Tony hasn't been waking up near as much the last 2 nights. Hope it stays that way!! How's Tanner's cold? I watched the news and then Access Hollywood and fell asleep. Gotta catch up on my gossip once in a while. Kills me how they keep saying J-Lo is "alone" ... oh poor baby ... alone with all of her millions!! Maybe she needs to keep her love life out of the papers a little more and she'll find her true love. I personally think she's a publicity hound ... but her movies are cute!

Hey Ginny .. good luck with the lavendar! Hope everyone gets home safely before the storm hits. Heard you're in for 6-12" or more Stay safe.

Candy, did you get any more work done?????

Hi to everyone I may have missed.

Gotta go get some stuff done here. Dinner is BLT's... 3 slices of bacon is only 3 pts plus bread and I use the Light Done Right 3-cheese ranch dressing instead of mayo. Not too high in points and very, very tasty!!

Hopefully I will be chatting today at 2 if anyone's interested.

Bye
Old 01-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Sorry, Geri!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!
Well I am getting alot done today. I guess my lazy day yesterday paid off because today I'm brimming with energy. My house is clean now and I'm ready to pop in my pilates dvd if I get a moment.
Andrea, I know what you mean about getting a good nights sleep. I require at least 8 hours of sleep if not more. So my kids go down about 9 pm and I try to crash about 9:30 - 10 pm. I do stay up to 11 every now and then and I feel it in the morning. My Dh can run on nothing as far as sleep goes but I need my rest. Plus extra sleep helps the body burn fat better so what better motivation do I need? lol.
Geri, Tanner is doing much better. His nose is still runny but I give him that night time formula at night now and he doesn't wake up once. It's nice. I love Access Hollywood and all those celebrity entertainment news shows. And I agree about J-lo. Ben Affleck was mine first anyway, lol, so she never deserved him BLT's sound great! I can't remember the last time I had one. I may have to have some next week. I'll add that to my list. And I plan to chat at 2 also... Ricci and I were there yesterday.
Candy I hope your ds gets better! And enjoy your helper. I could use one around here every now and then.
Well, I guess I should find something else to do before my energy leaves me. TTYL!
Old 01-27-2004, 12:32 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

I'll post a quickie so we get this thread back on the top of the list!!

Spryng, LOVE the fact that Ben is yours!! Hee hee!! BLTs are great 'cause it feels like you're cheating but you're not!!

TTYL
Old 01-27-2004, 12:33 PM   #7  
2BoysMom

What's the name of the night time stuff your're using for Tanner...keep forgetting to ask you and I want to get some before I need it! Thanks
Old 01-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #8  

It's called... Triacting Night Time it's the equate brand at walmart. It comes in grape flavor (purple box) So you can either get the equate version or the triaminic which costs a couple of dollars more, they are both for night time relief. And yes, I have a list of celebrity men that are mine, and yet they keep cheating on me with undeserving women, lol. But I guess I've been cheating on them for years too. ROFL!!! O-well, at least Ben is single again
Oh and Missy I have a ton of WW recipes. In fact check out some here http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight on the left side of the page you will see recipes, click that and those are some we have all posted on this site before and Candy has saved for us. But we love to share our recipes!
Old 01-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Thanks!! Chat with you later.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Boy- has it been busy here today!!!!!!! I am still here 1/3 of my monsters are home- the ones that I drive that is!!!! The big crowd awaits me- the elementary kritters- and I will probably encounter some snow/freezing rain during that drive. So, I just go slowly........ya get there when ya get there, right???

Candy- thanks for starting the new thread. Ihope that Ds's tummy ache calms down- try some cammomile tea for that. There is a stomach bug up here that is fast and furious- hopefully Ds does not have that and this is just a mild bug.

Geri- so you are plagued by white stuff too?????! Those BLT's sound good- I ought to do that sometime! (I serve them to my family but usually have a lower points option that night.....maybe I should give in!)

Spryng- want to share some of that energy??? Hope you got all the straightening up done that you wanted to and got your workout in. Still sore from the Pilates tummy workout???? Is it that good?

Well, I want to go to ebay- I broke my favorite mug this am and want to see if I can replace it there....Sorry if I missed anyone-Andrea, Jackie.....Missy- brain dead me, I am forgetting names! See you later!
Ginny
Old 01-27-2004, 03:47 PM   #11  
soontobethin

Hello everyone.
I hope all of you are making it through the cold and snow alright. The wind chill here is -8. The schools were on two hour delay. Next year when Eric is in school, I don't know if he will be going when the weather is like this.
Oh, before I forget, Andrea, I am pretty sure the killer is Marlena. we will find out tomorrow.
It sounds like everyone is doing great. My kids are at the tail end of their cold, and now I think I am getting it again. Fun. Spryng, just so you know, we are having jambalya (sp) for dinner. Its really good. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #12  

Good afternoon!
I am so sorry I missed the chat today!!! The kids went down at 1 pm and I laid on the bed writing in my journal and the next thing I knew I was waking up when Tanner woke up a few minutes ago. I really did intend to chat, but I guess I was tired and didn't even know it. But it felt good.
Ricci I love jambalaya!!! Do you put the sausage in it? Mmmmm... I wonder if I can find a low pt recipe for that. I'll have to check that out.
Ginny, hope the roads aren't too bad for you. But I know if they are you will be careful.. you are that kind of woman I think I should move up there just so my kids can ride your bus! And yes I got my full workout in... the butt and thigh segments. They were intense but not too intense... I'm sure I'll be feeling sore from them tomorrow. And yes my abs are still sore, they get worse as the day goes on. You wouldn't think that a 10 minute workout would do that, but it did. But I still need to find some cardio to do also. I really want a treadmill, really really bad. Did you find you mug on ebay? I love that place. I don't go there too often anymore but I used to be so addicted.
Well... I ate my leftovers from last night for lunch today so now I need to find something else to make me for dinner. Guess I'll go snooping through my pantry. TTYL!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:54 PM   #13  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Does everyone here do WW? What are the basic princliples of WW? I just kind of watch what I eat and try to find the motivation to exercise. Has everyone been pretty successful using WW? Do you think its something you can do the rest of your life? I'm interested in trying.
I'm going to put my kids to bed in a little bit and then hit the treadmill for 30 mins since I skipped the gym today. Then I'm going to iron the laundry, which for some reason I find so relaxing, maybe because its a mindless task.
Candy, I'm sorry to hear about the stomach bug, my whole family seemed to have it during the holidays. Wasn't too pleasant.
Both my kids have a little cold right now, mainly just runny noses, I think its so lovely when my DD wipes her nose on my shirt, then points at it and says" Boogie, mama", yeah, thanks Reina.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:05 PM   #14  

Lori, that is so funny about your dd wiping her nose on you. My kids do that too or I see them doing it to the couch and I have to remind them that we do have tissue, lol. O-well... they are only young once. And no, not everyone here does WW but some are currently on it. The basic principles of WW is to incorporate normal food into your life, you are deprived of nothing that way you succeed because you don't feel like you are missing out on your favorite foods. You get so many "points" a day and you stick to that number and you will lose weight. I have been on it since september and I feel like I have been pretty succesful at it. I have been on just about every kind of diet out there, low fat, high protein/low carb, food combining, fiber diets, pills, slimfast, etc... and I wasn't too sure about this one but Ginny had been on it for about 6 months at that time and was doing great and loving what she ate so she got me started and here I am today! I've never stuck with a "diet" more than 2 weeks before and I've now been on WW for 4 months and I still love this plan. And yes, it is definitely one I can do for the rest of my life. At first you may have to adjust to counting "points" instead of calories but it soon becomes second nature. But you can go to the WW site and take their tour and see what you think. Post on their message boards and get some feedback from ones who have been on it for awhile now. You can join 3 ways, by attending their meetings, joining WW online, or they have a WW at home kit you can buy from their site. Or (a 4th way too) get on ebay and buy your materials and then do it on your own at home. That is what I do. I don't pay for meetings or online... I have the materials and I do it on my own at home. But don't let us pressure you into WW, lol. All diets are welcome on the thread, we are a group of stay at home mom's and it doesn't matter how we are getting the weight off as long as we support one another I admire you for thinking ironing is relaxing, lol. I hate laundry and everything that comes with it. I hope you got some done and you get a great nights sleep. What is the time difference over there?
Well I ended up finding a box of chicken helper for dinner tonight. It was chicken fried rice, and was only 4 pts per serving so not too bad and it tasted fine. But I really need to get to the store tomorrow. My cupboards are so bare it isn't funny. I guess I'll chat with you later!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #15  

Hey Ladies!

Spryng thanks for the recipes. I will definitely check them out. I am in need BIG TIME! I wish you could have seen me trying to figure out just what to eat today. LOL!

And I am glad J-Lo and Ben broke up as well. She broke it off with him apparently because he doesn't want to commit. I mean she's been married twice already.. sheesh! And Ben, I used to like him now he annoys me. He should have never let Gwyenth Paltrow get away.. too late now she's married and pregnant with Chris Martin (ColdPlay lead singer). I am happy for her. I LOVE Gwyenth!

Anyway, I love the HollyWood Gossip. Does anyone watch E! ? LOL! I do.. I watched part of the Golden Globes.. boy did Charlie Theron look fantastic. Wish I could get my body to look like that.. she's way taller than me though.. I am only 5'4.

Alsbttrfly WW is pretty easy. It's a point system based on your weight. Check out www.weightwatchers.com. And yes, you can do it for life but you probably will not need to because weight watchers teaches you portion control. And it doesn't restrict you from eating any kinds of foods as long as you stay within your point range.

Hey someone said they would tell me what WW Flexpoint System was.. I think it was Spryng.. anyway.. someone let me know what it is.. I am interested because I have the WW @ Home Winning Points thing.. it's kinda old but still usable..

I had grilled cheese and Campbells chicken and dumplings for dinner. DH is making his own dinner.. gives me a break.. well I better go.. the little one needs to eat HIS dinner and I need to get some time in on my treadmill.

Have a good nite ladies!
Closed Thread