3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Trying to get healthy in Canada (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/35082-trying-get-healthy-canada.html)

MeRoMo 01-27-2004 08:32 AM

G'Morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Had a very busy weekend!

I don't have very much time right now, as I'm at work, but I'll be back tonight when I get home.

BTW, a donair is something you get in a pizza place, I think it might just be a Nova Scotia thing, but its made from hambuger but its...well its hard to explain. It comes in a pitta and its covered with this sweet sauce and it has onions on it...

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~petitpas/Links/Donair.html

this link has a recipe for it, the picture is really small, but thats what it is :) its a diet no-no!!!!

Cheers,

M.

Zanne 01-27-2004 08:36 AM

Morning!

Hey Everyone!

Now, did this storm get everyone from one end of the country to the other? I'm just curious. Hope everyone faired ok with the snow.

I've got yet another virus! Sore throat and a bit of a fever. Seems like I'm prone to throat things this year. My DS has been coughing since yesterday, so I kept him home today.

Even tho I felt kind of lousy, I still did my Challenge day 1 exercises. I love doing weights. :strong: Today may prove more difficult as it's a cardio day. I actually felt good after working out last night and was full of energy--so I did a good cleaning of the living room and one bathroom.

Eating was pretty good. I've found with these throat infections that my taste goes off tho, which puts me off eating. I know I have to try to eat every couple of hours to keep my blood sugar constant, but that gets difficult when you don't feel like eating. I did heat up some chicken broth and added some hot sauce to it--that really seemed to help a lot!

TRIXI--Congrats on the 6lbs gone! I hadn't yet changed my sig to show my new weight, so actually, I'm down to 170 now. I'm usually a slow loser, so I'm sure you'll catch up to me real soon!

HELPNEEDED--your strength to stay away from tempting situations is amazing. I don't have that much will power. You're doing great!

CAT--Thanks for the Congrats! I'm very surprised at such a big loss. I'm usually a very slow loser. Maybe it was those Krispy Kremes that helped! :lol:

GLEN--Don't dwell on a little stumble. I've actually taken my own food with me to places--including my parents'! I haven't gone out to get the veggies for the soup yet--as soon as I make it, I'll post the recipe.

Well, I'm thinking I better go out and start shoveling. Does that count as cardio? :lol:

Zanne 01-27-2004 08:43 AM

MEROMO--we were posting at the same time. Sweet sauce on meat? I've never heard of that before. It definately sounds like somthing we shouldn't eat. I guess it's just not the same without the sauce, eh? Thanks for explaining.

Trixi 01-27-2004 12:49 PM

Zanne,

WOW that even better!!!! Congratulations again. MeRoMo we were just talking about you. Besides the Donair (which I had visions of but they were totally different then what you explanined) hows the rest of your week been? Do you weigh in every Wednesday?

I went to work this morning and at around 11:00 am all the power went out (OI work on bay Street) There were quite a few buildings out. We found out that it would be at least 5-7 hours before it could be restored so we closed down and left. I am going to do some work from home and try to get in the WATP's because I was really sore today I didn't do it this morning. What's weird though is that I really want to cheat today and I think it is because my routine has been disrupted with being home so early. I am having some major cravings (yes, its fries and gravy again :)) but I am not going to give in (I hope).

Gotta do some work now I will post more this evening and see how I fared.

Trixi

MeRoMo 01-27-2004 07:40 PM

Hello again everyone,

Well, I guess this week wasn't too too bad, weigh in is tomorrow (yes its every Wed) so we'll see how bad I actually was this week. I up'd my water today, (in hopes that it would flush out some of the last minute fats/pounds) but I think its just wishfull thinking. My guess for weight loss this week (I really really hope its a loss and not a gain...) is 2lbs. Not as much as the last two weeks, but any loss is a good loss.

This week has been a week of cravings! (and fries and gravy sound really good...) but other then my yummy donair :( I guess I did good. We had a little mishap with the pipes freezing last night, and didn't have any water...and got really mad!!! So we ordered a pizza, which I guess isnt' the worst food I could be eating, but probably not the best...but it had pineapple on it...fruit is good for you... :)

Well I guess its time to get into the shower and get ready to make fun of all the singers on American Idol (I know, really mean of me...but you just can't help but laugh!)

I hope everyone has a good WARM night, and I'll check in tomorrow to let you know how I did regarding the Weigh in (Keep your fingers crossed :) )

Night-Night

M.

cat90 01-27-2004 10:32 PM

Hi Girls :wave:

M..i know what you mean :lol: is it me or are this bunch particularly bad :?: i laughed my head off when that one last week threw water over Simon :rofl: and the girl that actually went to the mall to prove that she could sing ??? what the heck was she thinking? i've never watched it before but i'm watching it now because of these losers :lol:

Susanne, i was watching the news earlier and it seems like this place is about the only part of Canada that is'nt freezing :lol: we've got a bit of rain thats all :)

Had a good day today..got lots of cleaning done and walked 4.25mls on my treadmill :cb: let myself have a couple of beers tonight but i've worked for them ;)

Hockeychic 01-28-2004 11:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Wow congrats everyone on the weightloss, that is amazing. Keeps you motivated.

Cat90 here in Ontario. Talking it off use to be on Thurs but now on Weds at 9 on the life channel.

Well I am going to delv into the world of low carbing. I know so many people that are losing on it I just want to give it a try. That K-count thing was to difficult for me to do so i am giving this a whirl. Is anyone else low carbing???

What a beautiful day here in Ontario after all those snow storms we have been getting, will have to get out for a walk after work.

Well you all have a super day and will check in more often.

Zanne 01-28-2004 12:42 PM

Hi!

Good Afternoon!

I had a pretty good day but it was the night time that got me. All that talk of fries with gravy got to me! Sounded really good, but I didn't have any at home. I made a plate of nachos instead. Bad Zanne! :devil:

I just had a bowl of the soup I was talking about. Here's how I made it:

1 large tin stewed tomatoes
1 package California style frozen veggies
1/2 package onion soup mix
2 big handfuls bagged coleslaw mix
about 1/3 bottle Mott's Garden Cocktail (can use V-8 instead)
about 1 cup chicken broth (only cause I had one of those boxes of it open--you don't need to use)

I just threw it all in a big pot and let it simmer. If you don't want to put in the chicken broth, add a bit of water or a bit more veggie juice. You could probably cut the ingredients in half to make a smaller batch. The stewed tomatoes have a bit of added sugar, but I like all the spices in them.

My DS could smell it cooking and he just had some too and said it was good. I keep leftovers in a rubbermaid container in the fridge and scoop out a mug of it and microwave it whenever I get hungry.

HOCKEYCHIC--I found figuring out the k-counts kind of difficult too. I got a book with a food count guide and I think that will help a lot. I started on Monday, but I think this week will be a "practice" as I have another stupid throat virus and don't have much energy for anything let alone exercising.

Time for a nap. (good luck with that since DS is home from school supposedly sick too). I wanted to get the soup recipe posted before I forgot the quantities of stuff.

Have a good day everyone!

MeRoMo 01-28-2004 02:27 PM

Rain? What's rain? You mean snow right? :)

So I wasn't AS bad as I thought I was this past week. Not AS good as I would have liked but oh well...a loss is still a loss...even when it's only 0.8 lbs :( BUT I know what I did wrong...and it won't happen again (At least I hope so...)

I'm still at work (1.5hrs to go!!!) but I'll check back in later tonight.

Cherio.

M

helpneeded 01-28-2004 06:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been crazy busy with school, midterms and papers are coming up fast...so I haven't been in here for a few days.

Cat90- I'm on a pretty strict diet that I find really works (if you can do it, which sometimes isn't easy) and I lose weight pretty consistently when I stick to it. I have tried everyday diet and weight loss program in the world to try and lose weight because I've always been on the heavy side even as a kid. Then last year my roomates mother went to herbal magic. Now I was pretty skeptical because I would never take anything that was harmful, like ephedra, or anything that would make me sick. But her mother had such success that I went to find out for myself. Basically its a low carb, high protein diet with supplements that help stimulate digestion but everything is all natural ie. cayenne extracts, seaweed and cactus. You are not allowed any sugar, alcohol or salt. So nothing canned can be eaten, it has to be all fresh. Your allowed so much from each food group per day and lots of water. Too be honest I don't even excersise as much as I should but I'm slowly building up more time exercising. I'll be glad for the spring when I can walk again. So that's how I do it but it really has been the first program that has taught me how to eat healthy and to lose steadily. The only downside is that its really expensive but in a way it motivates you to get the weight off as quickly as possible so you can get rid of the expense.

Atleast we will all get some extra excersise this week digging ourselves out of the snow. I can't wait for my all inclusive vacation to the Dominican Republic over Reading week, has anyone ever been to Puerto Plata??? I've never been anywhere warm, if anyone has any advice on what to bring etc... I would love to hear it.

cat90 01-28-2004 09:51 PM

Hi Girls :wave:

M, No..i mean Rain :rain: we have'nt got any snow here and it is'nt cold either :) Congrats on the weightloss :cp:

HN, that diet sounds interesting but i doubt that i could follow anything that strict myself :) I've never been to Puerto Plata but i've been to the Cayman Islands and Florida which are both hot :D i just made sure that i had plenty of Cotton stuff to wear to try and keep cool and of course wear a hat..i don't like wearing them but my head burns along the hair parting if i don't wear one :lol:

Susanne, i was really really bad today :o i've had pizza, a beer and 2 mars bars :yikes: thats what i get for going shopping on an empty stomach :lol: i enjoyed my :ink: out and will get straight back on plan tomorrow :wave:

msbedhead 01-29-2004 02:13 AM

Hi :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Heather, I'm 28, and my goal is to slim down and start living the life I've always wanted to. I've been exercising and eating healthy since Oct 03, and have lost 31 lbs. :cb: I have a long way to go yet though. I look forward to reading posts and getting to know y'all. :)

:thanks: for listening,
Heather
Nova Scotia
Dartmouth

MeRoMo 01-29-2004 10:17 AM

Hi Heather, welcome! I'm from Dartmouth too!

Ok, so today is a horrible day, and all I want to do is go home, curl up on the couch with a glass of wine and my slippers :( I'm not even sure why today is so bad..I just want it to be over :(

M.

Trixi 01-29-2004 10:41 AM

I have been a very bad girl. Zanne and Cat90 I think this is the week for us. I did it again last night I allowed myself to give in and have beer!!!! BAD TRIXI!!! Today I am serious I know that I must stick to this and lose this weight. I have tried to convince myself its only for a little while and than I will be able to give into cravings once in a awhile. But staying motivated 24 hours a day is really really hard.

I am going to be good until at least Valentines day. There is no way I am weighing myself until then.

Heather WELCOME!!!!

I am at work now and will post more tonight after behaving all day!!!

Trixi

MeRoMo 01-29-2004 11:44 AM

You can do it Trixi!

I gave myself a goal of loosing 10lbs by V-day...which is probably not going to happen, but one can hope.

After the disaster that was last week, I am SO going to be good this week! Except for last night... :) We had Chinese food (opps...) but it was weigh in day, and its the only day I feel "safe" to have a treat :) So my goal this week is 2-3lbs!

Does anyone have the WATP DVD? I'm thinking of getting it tonight...any opinions?

Cheers,

M.