3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Trying to get healthy in Canada (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/35082-trying-get-healthy-canada.html)

cat90 01-19-2004 10:34 PM

Well Done Trixi :bravo: a 6lbs loss is fantastic :D

MeRoMo 01-20-2004 08:17 AM

G'Morning everyone!

Shoveling is not fun!!! I'm hoping that's the last of the snow...(yeah right!) I did really well with my water this week, and I'm really hoping for a loss this week but I just don't feel any different, so I'm not sure how it'll be. I tend to eat everything is site when its that T.O.M. (sorry Glen, I'm sure you didn't really need to hear that :) ) so that's my excuse for the week, NOT that its really an excuse...but oh well! D-Day is tomorrow...I'm really not looking forward to it but who knows, maybe I'll suprise myself! One thing tho, with all the water I've been drinking, my face looks so much more clear then it did before....so I guess thats a good thing...not as good as a loss, but we'll see.

The sun is finally shining so I may go for a walk after work today, if its not to cold..burrr :)

Cheers,

M.

Trixi 01-20-2004 03:33 PM

I am at work so just quick note to say hi everyone! Will check in later.

hefty1 01-20-2004 05:04 PM

:wave: :grouphug: trixi
me don't worry about mentioning tommy.
:) glen

Trixi 01-20-2004 07:36 PM

Day 2: I did really well today, drank all my water and the only problem I had was I was realy hungry this morning (which is great because I never want to eat breakfast) When I got to work I remembered I was supposed to go to lunch with a co worker that is leaving the firm the this week. So I ate my lunch for brakfast (small peice of fish and cauliflower) at 11:00 and check this out... I went to a restaurant with a great Italian menu (one of my faves) and I ordered the grilled salmon (with no sauce...sniff) and when it came it had vegatables covered in oil and rice (no oil no rice allowed!) I was so strong I pushed it all away to the edge of my plate and only ate the salmon! Very proud of myself!

I had a horrible day otherwise...Why does it seem that all the not so smart person call me in one day? I just dont get it but I was really bugged today by both clients and co workers. Usually atfer a day like this I really want to sit and relax with a beer (okay six beers) but I fought the urge and at this moment I am having a very relaxing tea and still preparing dinner. All in all It was a good day for the plan and I can cope with the rest as long as I don't have to add the guilt for cheating (cause I didn't)

I hope everyone had a great day!

Hefti: Thats very inderstanding and very unguy like (thank you)

MeRoMo: Hope otday was better for you and no more snow...did you make it for your walk?

cat90 01-20-2004 11:43 PM

Hi Buddies :wave:

Trixi, you're an :angel: i would have hated to leave food that i'd paid good money for :lol: mind you i could have left that because i did'nt like any of it including the salmon :lol: i'm a very picky (and plain) eater. I've had two excellent days apart from not drinking water :rolleyes: i had to go out today and that always mucks up my water consumption and if i'm going out i don't like to drink it anyway because i'm constantly looking for a washroom :lol: tomorrow i'm staying home so i'll make sure i drink my quota ;)

MeRoMo 01-21-2004 08:02 AM

G'Morning everyone!

WOW...is all that I can say! Today I lost 4.4 which brings my total to 11.6!! AND I got the 10lb ribbon from WW (everyone was clapping for me :)...I'm such a ham)

I am so suprised! I thought for sure that I had gained a pound (or two...) So yeah, today is wonderful!

Trixi: I didn't get out for my walk but I chased my baby brother around the house for a few hours so I think that should count for something :)

Cheers,

M.

Trixi 01-21-2004 09:07 AM

MeRoMo,

Congratulations!!!!! thats wonderful. Its great when its a surprise and keeps you motivated! Your doing a great job. I agree chasing children can be quite the work out. Walking would probably have been more relaxing. My weigh in is on Monday and I dont think it will be that great but any loss will do thankyouverymuch.

Cat: I am glad I like to eat fish or else I would be stuck with just egg whites and chicken for my protein. (BORING).

I am at work now but I hope everyone has a great day! Will post more this evening.

hefty1 01-21-2004 12:18 PM

:wave: where is smart cookie? maybe she crumbled.
MeRoMo :grouphug: for the loss.
trixi hope you have better day today
zane the :cb: are coming to look for you
have a :cbg: free day.
cat is that your youger picture? :) glen

cat90 01-21-2004 05:50 PM

:lol: Glen that is my grand-daughter :lol: i don't know if smart cookie crumbled or not :?: i was wondering what happened to her too.

MeRoMo, Great Job :bravo: what a fantastic surprise :D

Trixi, egg whites :p why do they always have to take the best part away for it to be good for you :mad: its beef or ham for me all the way and whole eggs :lol: don't care much for chicken, turkey or egg whites :( rarely eat fish too..i'm one of those people who when finds a dish that they like will gladly eat it everyday :rofl:

Trixi 01-21-2004 08:15 PM

Glen, I am not sure where smartcookie is but I would like to thank her for starting this thread. Too bad she didn't stick around.

Cat I know what you mean about finding a meal and sticking to it but unfortunately the one thing I could eat everyday for the rest of my life is Fries and Gravy (not allowed ....sniff) Eggs whites are not the greatest, the yolk it the tasty part. The only good thing about using eggs whites for my portein is I can have six of them (I do use a little butter) for one protein and I usually put mushrooms in it and make an omlet.

Today for lunch I had Broccoli, mushrooms and 3 1/2 oz of last nigts roast (leanest and dryest part I might add) Oh yeah and for breakfast I had a whole tomatoe. For dinner it was fish in totamoes and cauliflower. It wasn't so bad. Drank all my water today and now I am having a tea. This is kinda of becoming my routine. Usually by now I would be sitting on the couch watching nothing and having my fourth beer. Everytime I think about that I get depressed again. So glad I am finally doing something about it. Beer has always been a relaxing thing for me and now I have replaced it with tea and there is no way I could drink six teas or I would never sleep so I go back to water about 1/2 hours before bed. (do wake up to you now what though)

I do have to admit I am having a hard time today. My bosses were out of the office and everyone was constantly bugging me. I work till six but today I took off at four because I couldn't cope without blowing up at somebody. I really wanted a drink and was very cranky. I got into a huge argument with my fiance and had to aplogize (that hardly ever happens :) ) because I know it was because of getting use to this diet. But oh well If I can't vent on him who can I vent on. He's the only person I know who will take it! Have a great evening everyone! I think I go on chat for a little bit. The people there are really friendly and I having been logging on about the sametime every night if you ever want to join me.

Trixi

MeRoMo 01-22-2004 07:49 AM

Trixi, I know what you mean! I would have a white russian EVERY night, just one, but its still too much for me now. I would get home from work, clean up a bit, make supper and have my tasty treat. But like you said, now its water. It's not as hard as it was when I first started. I was having a really hard time drinking all of my water, but now I'm usually finished what I'm "supposed" to drink by late morning.

I think that seeing the actual results of my diet and WW has made it easier to resist all the yummy, sweet, tasty treat....what was I saying again :) Seriously though, last night we went to McD's and I had a chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun and a salad and was fine with it (I did steal ONE of my friends fries tho....)

And being able to come here everyday and vent to you guys has helped so much! Thank you all!!!

Cheers,

M.

Trixi 01-22-2004 09:27 AM

Well I made it through the night, At work now and its chicken breast (no skin)and cauliflower for lunch and bet you cant just whats for dinner? FISH...big surprise. Stopping at just one fry is truly a feat that I would not be able to do. Good for you MeRoMo.

I am having my last coffee of the day and then will begin on the water with lime until my tea this evening. Next week I am really going to incorporate some sort of exercise. Still dont know what yet. Though.

Trixi

Zanne 01-22-2004 04:23 PM

I found you!

Hey Everybody!

I'm not here for a couple days, the thread gets moved and is long! ;)

Welcome CAT!
Hello TRIXI, MEROMO AND HEFTY!

HOCKEYCHIC--haven't seen your name here either. How are you doing?

I'm sorry, I don't have time just now to read what you all have been talking about. I've been away for so long, I thought I'd better get my sorry butt back here to be accountable.

I haven't got into the Kinetix just yet. I'm having a hard time figuring out "k-counts" (I guess kinda like WW points). They have recipes with the counts already figured out, but not for things I may want to eat. I've tried some dip recipes and I just can't get around the texture of the cottage cheese. You're not supposed to eat fruit alone, but have a dip with it for protein and fat. I cannot get the dip past my lips. I tried, but NO way :nono: I'm gonna have to email them to see if I can just eat a piece of cheese and have my fruit. The veggie dip is the same--with cottage cheese. What's wrong with low fat sour cream and onion soup mix? :?: I like eating veggies and dip, but NOT Kinetix dip!

I had an eye opening moment today. And not a good one :( I had to buy BIGGER jeans today. And it's terrible trying them on. They're all sized differently, even when from the same manufacturer (only dif was the inseam on one style--same size waist and one pair was a bit bigger than the other!). I ranged in 3 different sizes from the one manufacturer! Oh well, I have them now, didn't spend a lot on them, so won't feel too bad when they get too BIG and I have to give them away!

I have been doing good with my water, but I have been really BAD getting in breakfast. I've dropped DS at school and then have been out shopping and don't get home till nearly lunch time. NOT a good thing. I can tell my blood sugar is low. Then I eat something bad, spike the blood sugar and then crash. I even have the shake mix cannisters on the counter! I MUST drink a shake every morning BEFORE taking DS to school. That has to be a personal challenge.

Ok, I have to get going. I'll try to catch up on all you're wonderful posts tonight.

:wave:

cat90 01-22-2004 05:09 PM

Hi Girls :wave:

Susanne, i really like the kinetix range ;) i'm not following their plan but i am having the bars and shakes as snacks and they really do curb my appetite :D i'm eating much smaller meals now.

Trixi, i'm saving the beers until weekends now..i used to relax in front of the telly every night and have 2 or 3 (more at weekends) but i've decided that its 2-300 extra cals that i can use on something else :hun: and i have'nt missed not having any this week :cp: so i hope it works..plus..i find that when i do have some beers it triggers a munchie attack :yikes: and i start looking for chips..peanuts etc...weigh in for me tomorrow :hyper: keep your fingers :crossed: