Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Monday

HI LADIES

CONGRATULATIONS SPROUT! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!

You will knock out another 100 in no time.

Saw Dr. Phil today for the first time in several months-- boy some people have had such wonderfull success on his program. Something to think about.

Read today that the AVERAGE person gains 1 pound a year between ages 25 and 55-- I am average for sure-HA! at 25 I weighed 155 pounds, 24 years 11 months later I weigh 180.

Also read that if you walk BRISKLY for a half hour each day, 7 days a week, EVERY DAY-- you shouldn't gain any weight- you might even lose a little-- that is eating NO more than you are now.

MICHELE I hope Alpha goes well-- Prayers

Michele I also hear the Vikings are going into the dry cleaning business-- they are getting good at folding

OUTTA HERE- Gary
Old 01-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #62  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Good Morning everyone!

I was hoping to see that GARNET came back... hope to see you soon.

All went as well as possible on Sunday at our friends wake... my goodness! The people there! He will be very missed by so many. I know he is with our Lord and in a very good place, but my heart sure goes out to his family and grandchildren ~ they really will miss their 'papa'. He was in clown ministry and he was called "papa-elmo". We are glad we went to see everyone. We even had some time to visit old friends we had not seen in years.

Yes, you are very right MICHELE, Joe did take the day off yesterday and he came with me to the eye Dr's for my second check on the freckle in my left eye. Because my eyes were being dilated he wanted to be with me (so sweet). It was such a good news day when she told me that nothing changed in my eye and it looked fine for now. I go back in 6 months for another eye exam. Also, she did a whole new exam on me and took my new glasses away from me to be readjusted So hopefully, when I get them back this time all will be fine. I miss them now - I really liked 'em. They are like a nice piece of jewelry After we went to the eye Dr. we went to drop off the load of 'good-will' things we gathered up from doing some after christmas cleaning... it was great to unload all that in more ways then one. Then we went to lunch and off to do some shopping at Penney's & other dept stores. We got a couple new HUGE pillows for our sofa. Just love 'em. They are so soft and comfy!!!! Too comfy... I came home threw them on the sofa and couldn't wait to break them in watching a movie with Joe. Then we wached the first "American Idol" show... just absolutely too funny!!!!! I love the first few shows the most - just way too funnny! Being that Joe & I are into music, we try to predict who will win the idol. We were right the first time and the second we thought Clay would come in first, so we were a bit off.

My goodness the snow we are getting here I bet we have a good 18 / 19" of snow here so far and it is still snowing. We woke up to 8* this morning with lows below 0 - so very cold!! Everything crunches under your feet. But it is so very pretty!!!

How did things go at Alpha, MICHELE? Sounds like all is going so well with your life right now... new job and a great new relationship beginning - just so good! I am so very happy for you! Give yourself a 'pat-on-the-back' and keep up the GREAT job on your food program, Michele!!

Hey there GARY, Yes, I saw Dr. Phil's show too - they all look so good - don't they!!!! That's gonna be me too - this year. How did ANGIE do at her marathon?? What was her time? I bet she did well with all the running she does. She is such an inspiration!

My father and brother are sure happy campers after this weekend of games... the Patriots did very well!!! I can hear their "yell's" all the way from Maine

Your dinner sounded wanderful! So... ... ... when can we all come over, huh, huh, huh????

: Congrats SPROUT!!!! : You are just doing so well!! I watched Dr. Phil yesterday and Oprah - they both had very inspiring shows!!!! I too think that I have "gotten-it" --- I feel wonderful! I will be 47 next month and my goal is to be thinner by the time I turn 48. I WILL too! I have always loved the number 7 (being it's the Lord's # and all ) --- so this will be my year too! There are LOW CARB Lean Cuisines out now too!!! Wonderful! Besides... everyone all around me in on the SBD, so it should be allot easier. When those you are around allot believe in what 'you' do - it makes life so comfortable and flowing. Keep up the great job, MARILYN!!!!!!

Well gang, I really must be getting caught up on my laundry. I have too many piles of clothes I find myself tripping over it in our laundry-room so it really needs to be done! GARY, did you ever get yours done? I really do hate doing laundry ~ out of all the household chores to be done, that is the worse for me. But someone has to do it

Later guys!
"Hello's" and 'well-wishes' for everyone today!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #63  

Wow,

Good morning all. I just wrote a nice newsy reply and it disappeared.

Have to go to the dentist now and don't have time to rewrite it.

Will chat more after

In His Love,

Nasha
Old 01-20-2004, 01:25 PM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Blessings...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Gary~Very funny! You leave my poor Vikings alone...

Nasha~what a beautiful name...like Garnet too. Sorry you lost your post...now your an official poster at 3fc...seems to happen to all of us atleast once. Hopefully you can redo when you have some time.

Sunny~well, if we have to miss you, i guess it's ok if you are with your honey ... Glad the Dr. visit went well!

It's really cold here and we're getting a dusting of snow. My tub is stopped up again, seems that the pipe going out to the septic is not set right and when it gets too cold, it freezes. Not fun. Sometimes Drano will unclog it, or it'll just have to get warmer.

Alpha went well, we had a nice group, about 15 people who came as participants. We hoped for higher numbers but we'd do it if there was only 1 person. The music ministry was great! They did a great job, but Tom didn't speak, he got one of the girl singers to do that. I helped him pack up all his equipment afterward. It gave us a chance to talk. He did make a point of talking to me before the dinner too which was nice. Actually, he sat at my dinner table too, but I got the feeling he maybe wanted to sit next to a girl named Nicki. Which is ok with me, cuz i'm crazy about Les and i'd like Tom to be happy. Nicki is or was recently engaged, so who knows?

My computer is messed up again so i'm only able to check email at work. But that's ok.

Doing well w/my WOE, still need to exercise. I saw Dr.Phil's show too yesterday and i noticed that they all have made exercise a part of their life. I just think, how can i do that in this cold? I'm just making excuses i'm afraid.
Have a great day all!

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 01-20-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #65  

Talking ~lol~

This picture was sent to me today
and I just had to share it with you:
LOL !!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #66  

Smile Hey There...

Hi GARNET, It was so good to see that you posted. So sorry you lost your longer post, but it has happened to me too many a time - especially when I first started. Now when I write I just open my e-mail and write what I want to share and then go onto the site do a highlight, copy & paste from the e-mail & finish up at the site. I don't always do that, but when I know I will be writing a longer post I do. We look forward to hearing from you later - hope the dentist appointment went well

Hi MICHELE, I never doubted that all would go well with Alpha. Good size group for the middle of winter I think.

I am a bit confused about the guys though... Tom (shy-guy) IS/was the guy you were interested in, wasn't he? Who is Les... was he the other guy that you had gone out with and you weren't too sure of at first?

Hope I am not prying... ...
Later girl... haveta go get dinner finished.
It smells delish!
Old 01-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #67  

Smile Ps

PS>>> I did 2 miles on my elliptical this afternoon (I turned the dial up pretty tight, so it only took me 20 minutes to do) for my exercise today and will go to Curves in the morning
Old 01-20-2004, 06:43 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Tuesday

HAPPY TUESDAY LADIES

Happy 'cause it's a short week!! Got home from work early, felt a little better today from my cold but Angie is still under the weather-- if you are looking to invest in anything in the near future THINK KLEENEX! she is going through boxes well maybe not so funny to her

My son just called from work and gave me good news-- while he was in Hawaii we were notified that he may not have graduated-- seems he had plenty of credits and a 3.89 GPA-- However-- one of his classes (women's studies) didn't fit in a certain requirement catagory-- or so the person looking over his credits thought. Anyway he gets that info on Sat. night with his mail- plus I had a phone call from that advisor-- so he thinks he has to take 1 more class to complete a catagory-- within his major-- anyway the semester started today so he wasn't sure if he could get in a class-- he e-mailed his advisor and 2 teachers (of the classes that would fit, to request permission to crash-- and get in) his advisor e-mailed back to him that he was on sabbitical but he would contact the office of registration and discuss with them the problem-- then the 2 teachers e-mailed him back and told him he was such a good student that NO PROBLEM he could get in their class if needed-- anyway (am I rambling ) They just moved a couple of classes around so HE DID GRADUATE-- this little problem would have ended up costing him $1,000 in class fees, $150 in parking and lost time from work-- a real pain in the you know what for nothing.

SUNNYD Thanks for asking about Angie's time in the marathon-- guess I didn't explain very well-- she worked at it as a volunteer at the gear check-in booth-- her time was 5am until 1:30pm Angie and I walked this particular marathon in 2001-- she really wants to do it again. We like to volunteer at these events when we don't participate in the run-- it is a lot of fun! Something YOU all can do--PLUS it helps to get you all excited about exercising!! I know some are limited on what they can do but at some of these events all we do is hand out water to the runners-- and we know how much that means because we sure appreciate it when we are running.
I did 31 minutes--410 calories--3.6 miles on my elliptical this afternoon-- but it was at the easy speed. I noted that I read if you do a half hour each day (and EAT THE SAME) of BRISK walking you won't gain weight (won't lose any either though at only a half hour) So I am really going to try hard to do at least a half hour every day.
I am with you on MICHELE and her guys-- don't worry about her Donna, she is from California-- she's just a PLAYER

MICHELE You didn't see that did you dear Great-- I think anyway on the Alpha-- If we could get 15 people to a bible study (other than our pastor's) we would feel so blessed! Just keep planting the seeds dear! The crop will grow-- maybe now-- maybe later-- not our problem! God just wants us to help with the message-- we sometimes get dissapointed on numbers and feal like we fail-- not true! we don't see the whole picture!!
You are right about the exercise!! YOU HAVE TO-- in order to feel better and lose to keep it off-- I know not everyone can exercise as much as they want (even in the cold) but ya have to start somewhere-- just look at the improvement in SPROUT in 2 years-- and she goes at a turtle pace! She will probably admit (no offense SPROUT on your pace- HUGS-) that if she continued eating the same as when she started walking that she probably would not have gained any weight-- maybe not lost too much but not gained any-- the benefit SHE FEELS BETTER!! even though the weight is still there-- and she continues to get faster and further-- so- in time- she will start losing a little more, then a little more, then a little faster, further, You get my point-- your smart!! Not sure what you can do in doors (if you can't find a mall, rec center to walk at indoors) but how about just starting with basic exercises and go from there when the weather changes. You WILL GET IT!

GARNET I hope the dentist went well. We have all lost posts I think, I used to lose them all the time because they were too long-- not sure why I don't anymore-- SunnyD is too smart on the computer for me- I can't figure out how to do what she does (OK-I don't try) anyway I used to just post shorter ones, post one then post another right after that one.

Well gotta get the nephew- Later, Gary

HI TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:32 PM   #69  

Unhappy I am so sorry Gary!

GARY, I totally forgot that you and ANGIE were fighting colds! I am so very sorry! Here are some flowers for you both I just get all caught up in myself sometimes! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and do hope that ANGIE feels better real soon!!!!

I am so happy to hear that it all worked out for your son!!!! Whew! That would have been a costly way to graduate, so glad it all worked out for him!

I feel dumb --- I just thought that because she runs everyday that she was running in the marathon Glad to hear that she had a good time (so to speak)

Night...
Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 AM   #70  

Ok folks,

It is 11 PM I finally got my turn on the puter. DD's is down and she can't afford to get a new one right now. So we share.

I had a busy weekend, don't even remember what I did LOL. Church was great, well I had a good time in nursery. I am really excited I am joining a Women's bible study. It starts 3rd of Feb. Its called Becoming Women of Excellence. Been a while since I have done that. It was too hard while I was working. Didn't have set days off cuz I worked in a hosp.

Dentist went well thanks for asking. It was for a cleaning and he said no new problems.

Son, DIL, and 5 grands and I are off to Monterey for 2 days and one night. Going to go the aquarium. They are having their hardwood floors refinished and need to get out or live in 2 small rooms. Not easy for 7 people. So, gramma gets to go cuz they have to get 2 rooms anyway! I am sooo excited I haven't been down there in several years. Its kind of a birthday present I turned 57 on Sunday. Funny I don't feel any different LOL

So will check in when we get back.

Nasha
Old 01-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #71  

Angry "Happy Birthday!"

Well, A "Belated, Happy Birthday" to you GARNET!!! Hope you had a WONDERFUL time in Monterey at the aquarium... sounds like a great couple days! I really enjoy aquarium's, we have a beautiful one here in Cleveland.

Good to hear that all went well for your dental exam... Joe & I go this coming Monday for our exams and cleaning. We go every 6 months.

Your Bible Study sounds so good... "Women of Excellence" - what a great name for the group. I know you will have a good time and learn much. I was going to a study, but it went to evenings... couldn't go anymore. So I am looking for a morning study group - think I found one on Wednesday's. But the weather has been so bad they aren't meeting right now. It was -1* this morning and we have well over 20" of snow here. Bone Chilling Cold!

Well, I have to get ready to go to Curves this morning... so I'll catch you later.
Again, "Happy Birthday!"

"Good Morning everyone!"

PS>>> Has anyone heard from ANGEL???
I'm worried...
Old 01-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #72  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow, beat up on Michele day, huh Gary? Player?! UH, HUH! If I were, i'd have them waiting in line, which i don't, which I never have......well, maybe, kinda, when I was in my 20's And OK, OK, I NEED to exercise, I get it. It just kills me, i use to enjoy it when i was younger, i still do sometimes, but it gives me anxiety too. Something to work on i guess.

Nasha, Happy Belated Birthday! and i hope you have a great time in Monterrey! That is where i honeymooned, right down the road from the aquarium. We stayed at a B&B on Cannery Row, it's so beautiful there. There's a fancy restaurant (or was) down the street from the aquarium, I think it was called Frogs or something? Is it still there?

Wow, am I busy at work! My boss the owner is giving me things to do left and right and I just love it! I'm working on streamling things in the office and putting things online. I'm busy creating spreadsheets for investment accounts, etc. It's really great cuz they already see that i can do certain things they've wanted for a long time. I feel confident in my abilities and purpose. And it's working out well with the one lady i thought would have a hard time. I've also helped her put together a computer system for her use and i've taught her how to do certain things online and she seems appreciative and nice. You know how the first week at a job usually is kind of icky......how nice this is to not be that way!

Getting my windshield replaced soon, i had a pit in it and the cold made it run so i have to get it changed and found out i have full glass coverage so it's nothing out of pocket. Thank God!

And my tub drained during the night! See, it doesn't take much to make me happy!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:45 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

JUST TRYING TO KEEP US ON PAGE "1" !

Not much going on here today. Angie and I are feeling better, me more so than her-- both of us back at work. Sunny I did another 31 minutes, 426 calories and 3.6 miles today on the elliptical, really want to do at least a half hour each day-- for as long as I can-- W/O quiting!! A half hour of exercise isn't much is it Michele? IS IT MICHELE Not sure about the anxiety problem you have with exercise- in public I could understand, but at home is it a problem too?Glad the job is going well! Draining tubs are cool
Sunny I guess you didn't get my sunshine yet-- OBVIOUSLY! Happy birthday-past-Garnet, have a fun trip.

Gotta go-- dinner

HI TO ALL-- Gary
Old 01-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #74  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Remember me LOL

Sorry I havent been around in awhile, I am on alot of threads doing challenges and such, but do peak in on you all from time to time
I wanted to ask prayer for my dads girlfriend ...she is in intensive care with newmonia (cant spell) and her blood count isnt good, Please join with me and believe for her miracle...she is such a sweetie and is raising her 18 month old grandaughter who loves her so much ...
I will let you know how she is as I get news, Thanks guys
Old 01-21-2004, 11:20 PM   #75  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! I've been fighting a cold and think I've won the battle. I feel alot better. I'm still struggling with my evening eating. My lunches are great but can't seem to get the carbs under control. I think I'll have to give them and sugar up completely again for a couple of days to get back on track. The thing is that when I eat greasy, starchy foods i feel sick so I should learn by now.

It sounds like everyone here is doing great. Welcome Garnet!!!

I better get going and get some rest. Didn't get much last night and need to do some catching up.

GoodNight!!
Closed Thread