Old 01-23-2004, 05:44 PM   #91  

Donna I do have sheree's email. I can try to send her mail and I will email it to you so you can send something to her if you'd like as well. (that's if I haven't accidentally erased it from the email address book.)

Summer what you said didn't offend me at all. I'm glad you shared that part with us to give both sides of the story. To elaborate a bit on my situation, my "step mom" is about 7 years older than my dad. (keep in mind that none of this individually affects my feelings but I'm only offering some details). She sought out after my dad about 20 years ago while working in the same place. She had tried to have sex and I"m not kidding with any married man that would. It was a game to her. Well finally after years of chasing my dad, he gave in to her. They both will tell you this even now and anyone who worked there can testify to this. The 2 of them together tore up our family. She hated my entire family including us girls. We were with my grandmother one day and stopped at a gas station not even realizing that she was in the car next to us. My dad had went into the store and she got out a pistol from the glove compartment and waved it at us. As soon as daddy came out, she throwed it back in the glove compartment to be sneaky about it. My dad tried to break it off with her several times, even quitting his job and getting another one making considerably less pay. She started spreading rumors that she was pregnant with his child which couldn't be true cause he had a vasectomy like 15 years prior to this. She would call my dying grandfather at all hours of the day and hurt him anyway she could. She would mail us nasty stuff and make prank calls. It was very immature of her to act the way she did. When me and my sister got pregnant she called us whores and our kids were *******s.

I could go on but the point I want to make is if she had gotten into my family a better way, I would have accepted it all. I have accepted that they are married but he didn't do it the right way. It was a nasty affair. Me and my sister came in from school one day when I was 16 and she was 13. My grandpa was literally dying with cancer. This was january and he died in august that year in 1990. Everything was stripped in the house. We didn't notice that it was all of his stuff and thought we had been robbed. I called my grandma cause we were scared and my grandpa came over. While he was on his way, I found a letter with my mom's name on it and read it. That was how I found out. Now imagine what it was like to break my mom's heart when she came home from work an hour later. It wasn't pretty and I"ll never forget it.

Anyway, we haven't made plan for the tax money yet. We are late on some bills and i have to get my car in the shop ASAP to see what's going on with it.

Daphne you were given some real good advice on child rearing. Some things I never thought about. I am going to keep those things in mind for myself. I never have trouble as long as DH is home. As long as I survive the weekends that he works, he gets home about 4 hours after they do on school days if he's working.

Thank you all for your comments about me vs. my sister. It's just a pill hard to swallow sometimes. She's younger, skinny, has a job with her own office and is the highest paid female there and didn't even go to college. She got pregnant at 15, had baby at 16 and finished high school. I did graduate HS and even went a little college but don't have a (out of home) job to show for it. I am proud of her though. Everyone comments on her hair which always looks professionally done and I don't really care about mine. Enough about that....

Anyone got plans for the weekend. It's chilly here but in the high 40's today I think. No plans here. DH will be working next 3 days. He's cooking supper as I type. Well I almost erased this so I'd better post it before I lose it.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 05:47 PM   #92  

I forgot to say to rosey that I miss her posting. I noticed or should I say overlooked, that she hasn't been on in 2 days. Hope all is well with you rosey. Stay warm and knock that hubby in the head if you need too. He'll go on. Just teasing.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #93  

Hi everyone..sorry you were all worrried about me just popped in to check my e-mails.. the first ive been up all day...ive been sick..i think its the flu..pounding headache..chills(i was so cold my teeth rattled)then i warmed up to a temp of 101.8..broke out in sweats during the nite..still have headache and temps a little lower..feel kinda achy and out of sorts so have been in bed most of the day..will post again when im better..as i miss all of you too..(((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:55 PM   #94  

Rosey I hope your neck doesn't hurt as well cause your symptoms sound like meningitis too. Get well quick!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #95  
stbakd

the found me. it's cold here. it's scale day tomorow.
rosey get well soon. i've had a cold this week.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:29 PM   #96  

Get well Rosey!

Hey, did no one like my cartoon?? I thought it was funny myself! LOL

Best of luck for a great weigh in tomorrow, Glen!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:38 AM   #97  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I loved the cartoon I am so sorry I forgot to tell you that! Rosey I hope that you are feeling better soon. I might go see the Globtrotters tomorrow. I will have to see how I feel.
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:33 PM   #98  
stbakd

are out looking for all the dolls. i guess they are all at the gym. i lost 1.4 today. 10 lbs. gone in 2 weeks. i am making stew for supper. it's *& cold here today. if i had money i'd go south.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #99  

Hey glen congrats on losing again. That's awesome. You will need to change your name soon. You can't be skinny and be called hefty can you??? And by the way, of course we're all at the gym! You have such a good sense of humor!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:15 AM   #100  

Ok... trying again...

Summer I am joining you in my computer woos. I am having a time with what seems to be a firewall problem in this new computer we bought today. I am able to be online for a while then it is dropped. It also may be that there is a problem somewhere but I really have had it with my ISP. Both times I have called tonight for help they have tried to sell me more stuff to add on each month. Now, why in the world would I buy more speed to my connection when I can't connect at all??????
Glen, WOW Your change in strategy has really paid off! 10 pounds in just two weeks??? WOW!!!!
Daphne, I'm glad you liked my cartoon. Made me smile.
Dana, You think I was at the GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Actually this weekend I attended two funerals and a bonfire. The bonfire was so big the airport called the fire dept. LOL
I'll talk to you all later. I need to try and post this. I lost my other one
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #101  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

OK now you must explain the bon fire to us and how it was explained and how close to the airport it is? Or did an airplane see it and call it in? I have missed you Donna girl!
Glen congrats on the 10 pounds! I will still say STAY AWAY FROM THE BEER! OK I am a Mom remember?
DId ya all know that if you get your fingers off to the side of the keys even one key off you make gibberish? I am having trouble hitting the right key today!
I have had my shower, washed in my Channel soap, sprayed my Channel cologne and then lotioned my arms in the lothin. I smell good!
We are off to Church in a few but wanted to say HI!
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #102  

Nothing much to report here but we are having a major ice storm that wasn't suppose to get this much out of hand. The porch is covered. i didn't get to go to church today so our normal day of mcdonalds was ruined by the weather. DH is working so I don't know what I will be fixing for lunch or supper but hope that the power stays on. Hope you all are staying warm and dry.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #103  

Hi everyone..i finally feel like myself again..gosh thatwas a nasty flu..its a sunny crisp cold day here..yesterday we hired my sil and a freind of his to shovel our deck.. the weight of the snow was too much..what abig job.. but they got it done then we had pizza and beer for them.. they all including the dh had beer and the bs was flying .. i have to say tho that my dh laughed and enjoyed him self more than i have seen in along time so i guess the noise and hassle was worth it..i finished the quilt and my dd and i finished painting the bathrm..by then i was pooped and still not feeling the best..woke up this am tho and feel great..mr ken congrats on your loss wow 10# thats alot wtg..donna i want to know about the bonfire too??daphnee i love perfume too..i dont feel dressed unless i have some on dana hope the storm doesnt last..summer hope you are having a good day and hello kris..i have been struggling with my "diet" since thanksgiving.. my sugars where all out of wack while i had the flu..i was thinking in retospect and every time i fix a meal i head for the carbs..bread potatoes past rice..baked goods etc..ive always been a carb eater and when a few yrs ago i limited them i did real well.. so am going to follow a lo carb plan for awhile and see what happens..i just crave all that junk and bread..but feel awful when i eat them so with me luck..right now i could eat the kitchen table maybe my appatite is back after the flu but everything wrong looks good..i want to be able to move around better when we go on vacation this july..no more procrastinating.. anyways i feel so much better that am going to bingo tonite..hope im a winner..have not been in awhile..will check in on you all later rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #104  

Default more ice.....

I can't get over everything running a normal schedule with your state rosey. Bingo and snow on the ground. That sounds funny to me. We're waiting to get word on schools here but they are sending weekend shifts home at a lot of plants. My dh hasn't called though. I"m worried about him coming home cause this is plain old ice out there and our state doesn't see it much and we don't know how to act or drive in it. Rosey I'm thankful you are feeling better and I would have liked to have seen your little "party you had".

I'm going to try to attach some pictures of what's been going on here for 5 hours so far.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:22 PM   #105  

Hey guys.... hope all had good weekends....

I'll write moore soon.

Kris
autiger is offline   Reply With Quote