Old 01-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #76  

(((Donna))) I love you and everyone else, too....you do so much for each of us. I wish I could be there for you to just sit and talk. Let me know if you need an ear.
autiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #77  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh my what a sad day here.
Donna I am so sorry about your Dad and and his wife seperating. Is this the one that was upset about the party the other day when the other Mom was shown and mentioned? I hope that at least you had a great Bible study. I miss having our weekly Bible studies here. I love American Idol. It is good for a laugh each night. Did you watch it yet? I feel so sorry for some of them but they doneed a reality check!
Dana I went to the site. The pictures are truly amazing to me. Congrats on the weight loss. I hope the car starts to behave soon for you.
Summer I broke into tears when I read about Buddy. I am so very sorry and I know that no words can express my sorrow for him and you all. If I send a card to your house for him would he acept it? Let him know that he is in my thoughts and prayers/
Rosey how is the shower doing? Do you stay in it 24/7?
Kris wow look at all your postings! I am interested i hearing Beth now! Thank you for sharing that with us on her.
OK last week lets see. My dishwasher decided to pee all over. We have no idea why it just thought I needed clean flors? Jason thinks there was too much soap in it but the floor has no soap in it. It is workingnow at least. Robert was putting Soda in the fridge after the washer was fixed and dropped a soda. It exploded all ove the place. I had to take over the cleaning myself cause it was all over. Last night I had a candle going on a burner like I always do, I had taoasted cheese sandwiches inthe over going, was talking to angel baby on the phone and hear glass shattering. I ran to the
kitchen and had foot high flames going. The stove had gotten turned on and broke the plate that the candle was sitting and and the wax caught on fire. I had a hugh mess. I tossed baking soda on it and the fire went out. I was cleaning up my mess with paper towels when some got on my shirt. I now have a shirt with wax on it as well as a little burn on the boob from the wax. Life never does seem to calm down for any of us!
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:26 PM   #78  

Daphne-

Put the shirt in the freezer for a few hours and scrape off as much wax as you can. Then get a brown paper bag out and cut off a piece that is the same size as your spot. put the paper over the wax and then use a warm iron on the paper. The wax will come up. You may have to do it 2 or 3 times, but it will come out. Can you tell this has happened to me several times? It also works on carpet..yep been there, too.

Have a good night all.

for more info about Beth go to www.bethmorre.org
Old 01-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #79  

Hi everyone..its warmed up and then snowed.. we had power outage yesterday..really messed up my computer..todays it is like a heat wave its 20 above zero..the dh has gone to run errands..i find things to get him out and about..he needs to stay busy and i need the me time ..summer.. am so sorry about your friend buddy..its really sad..i agree with the others tho make memories..we just lost a good friend and am so glad we spent time with him and even took our dogs to see him..we never know what the grand plan is from above and sometimes its hard to fathom the reasons.. im stuck in a cooking rut to.. my favorite is to order or eat out i think its cuz im doing the cooking and clean up.. my dh loves my cooking tho..i just get bored with it..dana congrats on your loss..keep it up..sorry about that baby..ive been to that web site befor when a freinds baby was there..its a neat tool to keep familys informed..maybe your friends in time can start a new beginning..sad story..donna.. am so sorry about your dad..i am here if you need a shoulder..my dh parents divorced when he was in jr high school and remarried each other when our 1st daughter was born..any chance they will work it out??maybe they need time.. anyways hugs for you..kris.. that seminar sounds so interesting.. ive never been to anything like that..dont even know if we have them here..mr ken i will try that web site too as im in a cooking rut..now how do i get the dh to try new things hope you are having a good week are you sloshing from drinking all that water?? well the dh will be home soon and want to work on that quilt uninterupted so will check in later ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) for all..rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #80  

Still grieving the seperation. My youngest sister called me tonight to tell me that my Dad looked sad but sounded relieved that a decision has been made. I'm trying to pin-point why this is bothering me so much. I think it's because it took so much emotion when I learned of their engagement and to come to grips yes my mother is NOT coming back and that my Dad need companionship then now I having to "take back" those emotions.. All those emotions. And I like my stepmother I really do. I am wanting to call her but a side of me thinks that my Dad may think I'm siding with her. She may not even want to talk to me also. I just thank you all for letting me vent these emotions I'm having.
Daphne, oH MY! That fire in your kitchen sounds like it was a close call as well. I hope you get the wax out and no damage has been done to your kitchen. Thank God you all are OK!
Summer, how are you sweetie? I know that spending more time with Buddy will be beneficial for you both. I am still praying for him and comfort for you and Jim.
Rosey, I hope they can work it out I really do. I had no idea but they had seen a counselor and tried to work it out. It's a tough situation. Are you learning the best ways to keep Steve out of your hair?? LOL I can empathize.
Kris, you are the sweetest person. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship. I had no idea about Amanda and her husband going over seas for 5 months. What's it for? Work? Missions? I think her dh is a preacher.
Dana, you go girl on losing two pounds!!!!! You are on a roll for sure! I gained... UGH!
I'm going to take my cheerful self and go to bed now. Thanks you all for listening to me. I will feel better tomorrow I'm sure.
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #81  

Donna-

I am just glad I can help you. You help me so much with your kind words and encouragement.

Yes, Amanda's DH is going to the UK on a Mission trip for 5 mo. and Amanda is going with him. Beth told us on Saturday.

Hope all are having a good day. Keep up the good work everyone and remember to drink an extra glass of water today, ok?

Kris
Old 01-22-2004, 12:23 PM   #82  

Hello Everyone.. Its another cold day here..Burrrrrrr..I have plenty to do today.. I have to wait untill tomorrow to register for the water classes..I got a call from my friend asking me to wait so she can go with me tomorrow..So today I am cleaning and doing laundry.. There is always some kind of laundry to do...I am keeping busy...Atleast that some type of exercise.....

Donna.....{{{{{{ Donna}}}}}}....I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's seperation.. I know that these kinds of things are so very painful..
I am sure you have many different emotions about this..You are such a wonderful caring person...Please know that I am here for you and I Love you very much.. I am sure that things will work out in time.That includes them getting back together if thats what they want..Its so very hard when this happens..Vent away....I hope that you feel better about all of this real soon sweetie..You are so right about ALL the wonderful friends in here...I thank the Good Lord Everyday for ALL of You in here...Hang in there sweetie..Many Hugs to you..

Daphne..What a very sweet and thoughtful thing to say.. Thats so nice of you to want to send a card to Buddy....I will let him know that you are keeping him in your thoughts and prayers....Thank-you for being so kind and caring..God Bless you Sweetie..You have had quite the adventure with the fire and the dishwasher and the wax and all. Kris gave some very helpful tips on getting the wax off your shirt..Thank goodness you were there to put out the fire.. Quick thinking aout the baking soda..You have had your share and them some....I hope that you get a little "You" time real soon.. I dont watch Idol..I never like that guy that so mean to the contestants..The British guy..I say it takes alot of guts to get up there in front of a zillion people and sing..I do know that some sound really bad..but they shouldnt make fun or hurt them like he does..I dont think thats right... I hope that you have a good day and many Hugs to you for being such a wonderful caring person

Kris..You are so sweet..Those are some great tips..You reminded of Heloise in the paper..She gives all those hints in the newpaper..Thank-you for that web site for Beth. I will take a look at that..Thank-you for being such a wonderful caring person..many Hugs to you too

Rosey...I am so sorry that you were without power yesterday.. I know all to well how that feels and I dont want it to happen again no time soon.. its so hard to be with out electric..Keep warm sweetie... its so cold there..BURRRR
I dont like the cold..Thank-you for all your kind words about Buddy..and being such a wonderful caring person....Yes its really hard and I know that you can relate..You are right about not knowing why all these things happen..I will never understand that..I am glad that you are having some "You" time while dh is out..I know that its hard to decided what to cook or eat.. I have trouble with that one too. I am like you.. I like to eat out... No clean-up..Thats the best....

Dana.....Hope that you day is going well..

Mr Ken..Hope that you are having a good day as well

Sheree.. I hope that things are good with you and you post soon..

Last edited by summer1; 01-22-2004 at 12:29 PM.
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #83  

Donna I hope your parents work it out and everything remains calm. I can't STAND my step mother in fact I can't believe I even called her that. My dad has been married to her for 5 1/2 years and since he's been married, I haven't seen her. Of course it's totally different cirumstances though. He cheated on my mom over and over off and on for over 6 years before he ever filed for divorce. She was a nasty woman during that time and even resorted to pointing a pistol at me and my sister in a car once. So it's hard for me to get in a frame of mind of someone likeing their "step". You do have to let them work it out alone really. I don't think it would hurt to talk to her and at least let her know your feelings such as you're not ill at either one of them and regardless of what happens you will still think a lot of her. Of course I'd only say that if that's how you feel. I know divorce is hard on everybody no matter what age and my parents divorce was actually welcomed by the time it happened. My hurt was all gone by then but I can remember when I was 16 and first found out about it all. I knew before mama did. That was the hardest part.

I had my hair cut today. It's basically the way I usually get it with the exception of the last time. It was only $12 cause I washed it just before I left and she only lives about 2 minutes from me. I've been chilly all day and I thought it was in the 50's today although the wind is bad. I did our taxes online yesterday and we will get back just shy of $5000. It's the biggest we've ever gotten. We didn't get but $900 back in the summer of that child rebate credit and they gave us the rest in with our refund this time. That increase per child sure made a difference for us. Now if we can only agree on some bills that need to be paid.

My only sister who is younger than me (she's 27) has been married for almost 6 years and they are getting ready to build a house. They are waiting to have some land surveyed to be put in their name and then get the builders permit. That's how close it is to being started. That's all you hear around here. It upsets me that she's so successful. I don't know what happened to make us so different. I don't see how we will ever be able to build a house. I would have been satisfied with the house they had. At least I would of had my boys in seperate rooms. (now where did all that come from)

Daphne I can't believe all you went through in such a short time. It truly is amazing that your house didn't burn down or that someone wasn't seriously hurt. Is Robert going to bed without arguement yet? Do you have any ice or snow left?

Rosey I hope you've been able to get something done today. I don't see how you get your fingers to work to quilt with it as cold as it gets over there.

Summer I hope your water class turns out for you. Did you ever get to sign up for the diabetes class? Brett turned in his science fair project today and they awarded 4 kids out of each of the classes. you get a ribbon but he didn't get one. I told him that was Ok cause we learned more about him from it and just hope he can get a good science grade from the teacher. She wasn't a judge but she told brett that was her favorite one that she looked at. She thought it was very interesting.

Well I need to run to the bathroom while it's free and someone will need to plan some supper here soon. I hate to eat too late. Hope you all have a good evening.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #84  
Miss. Brat

Quick Vent: I hate kids! OK I don't hate them I just can not stand Robert and his lying little mouth. I just found out that he has not done his spelling this week. He claims that he lost his list. He found the words in a word search when I was jumping his butt though. He did not do the spelling on Tuesday or Wednesday. He was lying about what Church his friend goes to Wednesday night. He was invited and I said what are they? He said I aske dMom and they are the same thing that we are. They said that they are Fundamental somethings like we are. I knew he was full of is because the are just 2 of us in the area. He said that the name of the Church was Cowlitz something. So now he was really busted. I said OK if they go to that Church and are Independant Fundamental Baptist then you can go, if not then you are grounded for a month. I said hand me the phone and I will call his Mom right now. He said well he thinks that is what they said and was back tracking. I told him I was sick of his lies and he was going no where. That his behavior was not showing he was mature enough to go anywhere with friends.
OK what am I to do? I am getting way past frustrated at this point. I am ready to take his TV from his room for a month and not allow him to do the Pinewood Derby race in 2 weeks with the Scouts. Jason will be in California for court so I will have to take Robert and Megan on my own. I am so irritated right now!
So sorry for being a whiny bit**. Daphne
Old 01-22-2004, 09:01 PM   #85  

Daphne-

I am going to throw my 2 cents worth in even though I don't have kids. If a behavior is absolutely unacceptable to you (i.e. lying) then punish him and make his restriction be something that will really hurt him to miss-like the pine wood derby. That is what works best for my niece and nephew.

Furthermore, about the spelling. I would make copy an essay (find one online) about responsibility and obedience three or four times and make hime do that before he can do any other activities...I know it punishes you, too, but it was very effective on me. I know, none of you can believe that I was ever bad

The other thing my parents did when I was young was ground me to my room for the whole day on Saturday, but on Friday before I came home from school, my room was stripped from everything but the bed. I had no toys, books, etc. and could only lay there and think about what I had done or sleep. I also had an essay to copy for that one, too. My parents reminded me that tv and toys are a privelege. Not something that they were required to give me. That only had to happen once. With all the writing I had to do, you can tell that my parents are teachers, can't you?

Hope it helps. Just some ideas.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:10 AM   #86  
Miss. Brat

Lol Kris I like your ideas so a big thank you! I was to angry so I told him to decide his punishment. He wouldn't and then asked if he got to watch TV in his room. I said do you honestly belive that you deserve to after telling me lies? He said yes so I said OK go ahead and Daddy will do your punishment when he gets home along with a punsihment that I dole out. So I guess we will take the TV *yeah I get it in my room* (Jason just had to run the cable to my room now), plus he will lose out on the Pinewood Derby. That really sucks for him being as it is a Scouting acticity and he earns a badge for it. I just can not tolerate being lied to or disrespected. What kills me is after he knows he has blown it he is a total Angel. Oh well...C'est la vie!
Daphne
Old 01-23-2004, 08:25 AM   #87  

Mornin!

Daphne, I liked Kris's advice for you about Robert. He is Elena's age, right? Well, we have taken all TV viewing, computer games and videos from her all week until she brings home better grades. She accepted the restriction well and she is doing much better with remembering all her books and papers that she is to bring home for her homework especially after I "told on her" to her teacher. Some times we can be our own kids enemies when we allow them to have so much. I mean, I'm like you ELENA has a TV in her playroom, we don't have one in our room. (what's wrong with THAT picture?) I know for Elena she is very spoiled. I never had a TV in my playroom or even a playroom for that matter. PLUS I had two birthday parties growing up that involved friends from school or church. I think that is why I feel celebrating her birth is so important plus she really looks forward to her big day. It really warms your heart when your child smiles and is happy for her for a change. As for the grades we will soon see. It will work out and Robert is very fortunate that he has you who truly cares how he acts and believes someone should be responsible for his actions as far as lying, cheating and not putting your best forward.

Dana, I can totally relate to you about your sister having it better off than yourself. I have one who lives next door to me. She has always done better in school and even now drives a car that people try to steal. It was tried to be broken into while she was at the Mall not long ago. You know you make too much money when you drive a vehicle that is big on the thief list. I can't help but feel jealous a lot but we must stop comparing ourselves to our sisters. You are rich in many other ways. You are rich in caring, an excellent mother, wife and daughter. Most of all you are rich because you are a child of God. God looks at each of us with the same value. All those material things do not mean anything to Him and all of us struggle with wanting what we can't have. We both have what we need and for that I am very rich. I bet your hair looks great! I got mine cut the other day too. It is always a trim but he always does something a little different. I think that it would be difficult to remember how you cut someone's hair when you have so many to do. I would really like to be a blonde again so at least when I have my sometimers moments people would understand and say: "oh, that's ok... she's a blonde"
Summer, I hope that you were able to get enrolled in your water aerobics class. Don't put it off any longer. Just do it. (sound like a commercial don't I?) How is Jim feeling? Has it warmed up yet? It was a gorgeous day here yesterday and even in the 50's!
Rosey, is the bathroom done? I hope so for your sake but maybe it would also give Steve something to do.
Kris, Can you imagine being away from home for 5 months? I can't. I am watching every day for my cd's of the Atlanta conference. I didn't get a souvenier at the event so this will be my late souvenier! So, where are we going next? I forget.
Glen, how are things in Canada? What's the weather like this time of the year. Is it cold? Isn't tomorrow your weigh in. Do you still attend meetings? I've been thinking about doing something drastic because I can't seem to shed those last 8 pounds. I am going back and forth with it and it is driving me crazy. I want to finally be at the point of maintaining... Oh what a dream...
Sheree, You have been missing in action for a while. Does any one have her email address? Maybe we should try and email her. I am getting concerned about her.
I have a funeral to go to this afternoon and tomorrow. So, you all will probably not see me online until maybe tonight. So, have a great day and to each of you.
Donna
Old 01-23-2004, 08:53 AM   #88  

I thought you all would appreciate this. This was a birthday card I received from my sister a couple of years ago. The caption inside the card read:
You've reached the age where the toilet-squatting exercise is the most valuable one you can do.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:30 PM   #89  

Hello Everyone... its sooo cold here BURRRRRRRR. In the 20's..I cant remember when its been this cold.. Well I went to enroll in the water class today..but I have to go bacl next week.. The pool was shut down today.. They had a pipe problem and he told me I had to come back..The instructor was not there to talk to me.. Oh well.. I will go back.. I have been doing things around here.. I am getting ready to make a chicken casserole for dinner tonight.. It so cold.. I got a chill and cant seem to lose it...BURRR..

Dana... I bet your hair looks great...I need a hair-cut real bad.. I am going next week for the works.. Color..hi-lite and cut.. I look awful right now..
I cant imagine someone pulling a gun on you like that..Thats Unreal..Thats so crazy...Thats not right..I cant get over that..Unreal..Why did she do that??
I was debating on getting in this about the "Step Mother" issue..but I feel I have to say afew things about it... I know that for anyone divorce is a very painful thing..especially on children..its hard on them at any age...but being a "Step Mom" myself and never being allowed to even be part of the family has been very hard..I have done NOTHING to Jim's Children..Jim and his wife separated long before I ever met him.. His children knew that he stayed for them untill they were of age and he sat them down and tried to explain all of that to them and that he did not love thier mother and he wanted his own life. He told them his Love for them would never change.....but I would think if a Dad was there for his children. 100% 24/7...they would only want his happyness..right..wrong..they were to selfish and now they have chidren of thier own..and we are not allowed to see them..We were allowed a few times a long time ago but then they decided not to allow the Grandchildren around because he married me..I could write a book of the ways they have hurt thier father with words and actions..but I wont..cause it will never change...
I have never had a cross word with them..I never tried to be thier Mom..I really never had that much contact with them becasue they prefered it that way.. I was the evil-one that took thier Dad away..They never wanted to know me or have anything to do with me.. I know that thier Mother had alot to do with that..and thats fine but its sad as adults they act this way towards thier father..I guess I always tried to beleive that one day they would see that I didnt take thier Dad away..Thats was between thier Mother and Father and I had Nothing to do with it.. and that I wasnt a evil person..but I guess its just not meant to be..Its really ashame to me..Its the innocent Grand-children that will never know how Wonderful thier Grandfather truley is... Its very Sad to me....
Now with that said...Please always remember...No matter what..All our parents need to be happy...Unless the "Step" really gives you cause to dislike them..please always give them a chance and try to get to know them.You Never know..It might be someone like me at the other end..wanting to be a part of the family...and never understanding why they are hated so much for only loving thier father...or Mother.. I have seen this both ways..in Divorced familys...
I hope that you dont think I am saying this against you Dana.. I am not..
I am not saying this against anyone.I just wanted you all to see another side of things...Please forgive me if I have offended you or anyone..That was NEVER my intent..I just felt I needed to say this...
WOW...thats a good sum back... I hope that you can spend some of it on things you want instead of paying all bills with it. I was hoping that Brett's project would have won..I was sure it was going to win..I was suprised that it didnt.. I hope he wasnt to disapointed..He did a great job on it.... I am sure he will get a great grade on it..Dana..you have so much going for you my Dear sweet lady...Material things are just that..material..we can always find a way to get them..maybe not as many as others but to be able to make people feel loved and cared about..There is No Money in the World can do that..Please remember that..Thats what you do for me and all of us in here..and your famlily too..You are oneof the reasons I am here.. You did that..and I will forever be greatful to you for that..

Daphne.. Its so hard to know that right way to punish a child for lying or what-ever.. Its so hard to be a parent..I feel for you..You are so awsome with the job you do alone most of the time..that takes alot of caring to do that..and you are a wonderful caring person and Mother....
I think that Kris has given good advice..and I truley hope that things get better with you and Robert real soon..God Bless you sweetie..

Last edited by summer1; 01-23-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #90  

I had to start another post casue I was afraid I would lose it...

Oh Dana I forgot to tell you..We have not gone to the Diabetes classes..with all that has gone on ans we could only get evening appointments and they are real hard to get..Jim said we would wait awhile and see what we could do on our own..So far not to good..but I beleive its due to the lack of exercise...so well shall see..

Donna....Its still tooo cold here for me.. ..I need to be south..I am sure its warmer there....I know that you have had your share of problems with Elena too.. You are a Great Mother..and its a real tough job...I know that she will come through all of this...I am glad that you see that you have plenty of worth..because YOU DO.... I loved what you told Dana..Thats so true and please dont forget that..The card was funny...I could not even do that squat..if I did I would never get up again.. ..I am going back to the water class and get inrolled next week.. I was all geared up for it today and got disapointed but its not their fault a pipe broke.. its the cold weather here..BURRRRRR.. I am like you I am worried about Sheree.. I dont have her email addy..I hope she posts soon..
I liked your commercial...... I need that....
Jim is doing good..except for his weight..He is like me we need to MOVE OUR BIG BUTTS....and we will..

Kris.. Sounds like your parents knew what they were doing.... You have never forgot the lessons they taught..Thats a wonderful thing and a wonderful testiment to thier great parenting skills. You gave great advice to Daphne..I am sure that she appreciates you taking the time to try help her...Thats so sweet of you..We all in here need each other for many things..support..advice..caring and just a ear and shoulder from time to time..its so nice to know that we all Care about each other..
God Bless ..

Rosey.. Where are you today??? I hope that your electric is not out again..

Mr Ken... How are you today???? How's the weather there????..

Sheree.. I hope that you are alright..we all are so worried about you..
We hope to hear form you real soon...