Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 12:59 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Jaded Ladies weekly challenge #2: Nov.3rd.

Here we go again! Week #2

Ok ladies--This thread is being borrowed from the support forum. But I think we could use a little challenge to give us a little kick start at getting back OP!! And anyone who is new and would like to join---jump right in!! The more the merrier!!

The weekly challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I'll keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

You will allow yourselves to customize your challenge to suit yourself. It also means that getting back after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!!

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. We'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

So what do you say?? Ready to do this? Well then... Let's go!!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:13 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking I'M HERE...

Count me in again Marti! And again thanks for this thread!

I'm going to go ahead and post my challenge:

1) Drink 4-16.9 oz bottles of water-no less than 5 days. I have a hard time getting my water down. I do good for a couple of days and then slack off.

2) Walk 2 miles 3 days-ride stationary bike 15 minutes 3 days.

I am listing the same goals as last week. I want to make both these an everyday habit for me and didn't do so good last week. so I will keep trying until I get ir right! Actually I modified it as I am getting back on my schedule of walking 2-3 miles 3 days a week and doing the WATP video, and the bike ride 3 days a week.

Here's to a new week, a new month, and a new beginning ladies! Enjoy and have fun!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-02-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:12 AM   #3  

Default Hey Y'all!

O.k.- after week's of research and waffling back and forth between low-fat and low-carb, I have decided on Carbohydrate Addict's diet (CAD). So my goal for the week is to continue drinking water and stick to CAD! ( Please someone- hold my hand- I'm scared to make a commitment even though I know this is the most logical choice for me! Y'all just tell me that I am gonna do o.k. and won't continue to gain!) BTW I really am crying as I write this! I'm a procrastinator and I tell myself that if I just keep planning what to do, my weight won't get worse while I am making my plans- then of course, it does. *sigh*
Old 11-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #4  

Did that make sense? Sorry for all the negativity!
Old 11-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #5  

Angry Here we go again

Ok for me since water hasn't been a problem I been thinking hard of an excercise to do. I have decided that my thighs are starting to become one so it's time to do something about it. So here goes:

Squats or lunges: 3 sets of 10 reps. 4-5's this week.

I absolutely HATE squats!! But I must work on the thigh and make it into two!! ( <--looks like he's doing squats doesn't he? Or at least trying!!)

Kayecee--We will all hold your hand... but I don't think you're going to need us... I just know you can do it!! But just in case,,, we're here for you.

Ok everybody!!! I'm ready...........I think.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Yes Kayecee, we are all here to hold your hand! We are always here for you! I know you will do it, I have faith in you.

I wanted to add to my challenge a #3~Take my vitamins!!! I always forget too!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #7  

Yes Yes!!! I need to add that one too! Thanks for the reminder Cristi... I'm going to take one right now!!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:19 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Count me in, although over the weekend I un-did all the good I had done last week! What a stupid thing to do!

I will drink lots water (at least a 1/2 gallon a day) and stick to WW. No promises regarding exercise. Last week I found that it was too much, too soon, and won't set myself up for failure this week! So any exercise I get in will be a bonus.

Jana
Old 11-03-2003, 11:32 AM   #9  

OK this week it's back on track time. I will workout 5 times and eat within my calorie range.

NO JUNK FOOD!

Old 11-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #10  
199/131/115

I need to continue reminding myself this is a
process. To not obsess daily but to remind myself
that a one pound loss per week adds up to 52 per
year. That while 1 a week seems paltry and
somehow unimpressive when the big picture is kept
in focus it truly is an impressive accomplishment.

So that's my goal. To live in the present while
keeping the future in firm focus. With any luck
at all it'll make it easier to realize that an
average is just that, an average, when the scales
and tape refuse to cooperate no matter how hard
I'm working. That's when the entire big picture
concept needs to be working it's magic.

Skew
Old 11-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #11  

Smile 1 day down, 3-4 to go!!

First of all: Good to see you again Skew and Natalie.

Well day one is done. And OMG!!! Let me tell you something. I had done these squats before and always thought I was doing something good... But that was w/o the excercise ball. Holy Cow.... using the ball helped with my posture and I really felt my thighs screaming with agony!! I didn't realize how bad I was doing before!! So for now on.... I'm using the ball to help me out!! No more doing all the work and getting nothing out of it!!

Ok... going to hobble on out of here.

Marti
Old 11-03-2003, 08:38 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Angry

Just posting that I got my exercise (walk) in, water drank and vitamins taken.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:46 PM   #13  
just call me skinny

I'm late but here it goes - I will drink 5-8 8oz glasses of water 5 days this week and eat 5 fruits/vegies everyday. I'm on WW but these are my two hardest things.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:46 AM   #14  

Smile 2 days down, 2-3 to go!!

Petra! It's never too late!! Glad you joined the challenge with us.

Well ladies---I got my squats done this morning.. I got up out of bed this morning and couldn't stay balanced I was so sore... so I figured if I just do my squats this morning, it'll help stretch them out.... and it did!! So that'll be my morning thing...

Wake up-
Whine-
Do squats-
Go about my day!

That's pretty simple don't you think??? Wonder if I could skip it all and just whine...... ....just kidding!!!!

I'm actually feeling pretty positive today. What a way to start the morning.

Ok... gotta get ready for school.

Marti

Oh yes.... I also took my vitamin!!!
Old 11-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #15  

Default 2 days down and.....

I've been a good girl!

I've been a good girl!

I've been a good girl!

I've been a good girl!
Closed Thread