3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/33422-desperately-need-diet-buddy-19-a.html)

ecchs 10-20-2003 12:59 PM

Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19

Hi everyone! New thread...hope you all find it!

volley11 10-20-2003 01:44 PM

I found it!

Mari - Sorry you've been sick, I hate being sick and trying to keep up with the exercise regimen... that's tough... and you go girl!

You ladies all rock in your determination! The food war for me is not going so well, and so I am going to wage the war with exercising for now, hoping the food will follow. I jogged 2.5 miles on the treadmill on Saturday and took the dog roller-blading (I was on wheels, he just ran :wink: ) on Monday and being active just plain feels good.

I am on vacation right now and have decided to go clothes shopping, even though the plan was to lose more first. It's simply been WAY TOO LONG since I've added to my pitiful wardrobe.

Catch you all later!

NicoleNYC 10-20-2003 02:02 PM

Thanks for getting us started, you really ARE a "woman of ACTION."

Mari, can't believe you're running even when you're sick - girl, that is dedication. Sorry about your tiff with the boy, we all have them from time to time (and I know in my case, I'm usually the one to pick a stupid fight about zero, zip, nada!).

I took a whole week off WALKING due to you know, the Evil Time because I just couldn't face it. Ugh. But I'm back in today and I've already got a tape under me - just the one mile because I have a little errand to run this afternoon (on foot) taht will probably total a few miles. Yikes. Normally I'd let the husband do it but I'm trying to pick up the incidental exercise.

Ok, so let's hope the rest of the gang shows up soon. I miss Ali, Kelly, Jo, Danielle, and...wow, quite a few others. Wonder where they've gone? Guess it's up to us to carry on till they find their way back! Thanks girls for always being here!

B

happy dance dot 10-20-2003 04:19 PM

Hey girls here you are:dizzy:

I've been okay...sticking to the program, but this week I had no loss...TOM is to blame. Ha! I almost fell off the scale when I weighed myself on like the second day of TOM and the sacle said 167lbs!! I almost cried, but then realized I shouldn't beat myself for it. Its almost impossible to gain if I am honestly following the program...I guess, but anyway to make the stroy short I weighed in yesterday and I was back at 163.5lbs, which was the last week. So I guess this week it'll be different and I'll see some loss.

Brandy- wow your doing great girl. Are you exercising too? What do you do for exercise? I was exercising in the begining, but last week I didn't either, again due to TOM, but this week I am trying to do at least 3 days out of the week.

Mari- I go through the same with my bf. Now we're just trying a time out system...either one of us just say, "Ok, let's not fight...hi how are you doing...nice day out huh?" or we say something good or silly...anything to get us off the fight/ arguement...it works most of the time.

Okay gotta run hope everyone else is doing good.

RaffaellaBella 10-20-2003 06:22 PM

Just :df: through.

Congrats to all you losers and maintainers, including myself!

Whom ever is sick, I hope you feel better.

Brandy - Give my congrats to your mom and dad. I think it's a beautiful thing. I'm sure they loved each other all the while, but maybe didn't see eye to eye with things. They matured and probably are seeing things in a different way. Give them my blessing. "If at first you don't suceed, try, try again."

Well running off.

Take care,
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 10-21-2003 12:11 AM

Hi Girls,

I'm still here:wave: Glad to see that everyone is doing so well.

I've just returned from a wonderful few days away with hubby ... we left the kids at home with my parents. Guess what happened when we got home yesterday ... we started to argue!!!! It's soooooo difficult having the parents staying with you ... a month is way too long. We really feel like we need our own space back to ourselves now. Thankfully, they go back home to the UK on Thursday morning, so that's something to look forward to ... do I sound really mean?? Of course I love them very much, but it's easier when they are not under the same roof!

I know I've gained a few pounds (probably several:o ) over the past month, but I'm going to get straight back on track when they've gone ... and I'm actually looking forward to it. The weather has also cooled down quite a bit and the humidity level has dropped considerably, so no more excuses not to go walking more often!!

As soon as they've gone home, I'll be checking in on a regular basis and look forward to joining you girls back on the track.:)

Nichola

NicoleNYC 10-21-2003 08:22 AM

Nichola! Hi! I know what you mean about visiting parents - I love to have my mom visit but we have to keep it down to under a week or it just gets - too close, y'know? I need space and quiet.

Raff, my parents are so weird. I mean, I'm happy for them because I KNOW this is what my mom wanted and I now know it's what my dad wanted as well - it was like one bad decision that led to eight really bad years, but it's still weird.

Dot, no gain during TOM is, in my estimation, as good as losing so go you! And it's tough not to freak out by the PMS gains - even when you KNOW that's what they are. You are so right, tho, you can't REALLY gain if you're honestly following the program. You might fluctuate, but you won't REALLY gain. Still, hard to remember when you see those numbers. Eek. I am exercising a little - WATP one or two mile and then making an effort to run errands instead of letting the husband grab stuff on the way home - since we walk everywhere, two or three little side trips really add up.

Volley, did I leave you out earlier? Or did I combine a few posters into one reply? I'm so confused. ANYWAY - goodl uck with the food war, congratulations on being active, and good shopping vibes coming your way!

Brandy

NicoleNYC 10-22-2003 02:26 PM

Be-bump!

Don't want us lost on the second page!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 10-22-2003 11:30 PM

Hi Girls,

My parents have just departed ... quite a tearful goodbye ... don't feel the relief that I expected:cry:

The good news is that I'm getting straight back on track today ... no point in waiting until tomorrow. I've just hopped on the scales which show that I am now 170lbs ... so I think I've gained 4lbs during the past month ... could have been much worse!!:o

My official weigh-in day is going to be Friday and I'm already looking forward to my first weigh-in next week ... which I am determined is going to be a good one!!:D

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 10-22-2003 11:42 PM

I have just noticed that it has been exactly 2 years since I first registered on this site ... and what have I achieved?!!!! :mad: Enough messing around I think ... time to get down to some serious action!!:yes:

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 10-22-2003 11:53 PM

Nichola - I'm in the same boat as you. I think I've gained a few because I haven't been counting points. I can feel the fat coming back to my thighs. I have got to get back on track.

Send me some vibes people!

NicoleNYC 10-23-2003 09:41 AM

God vibes going out to everyone who is getting back on track, and everyone who is trying!

I am at the exact weight that stops me dead every time. I have gotten as low as this countless times, and it's always exactly here that I get distrated, give out, change tactics, or whatever and gain. I really REALLY believe that if I could just ONCE keep going and get below this weight I would be home free.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Brandy

happy dance dot 10-23-2003 03:46 PM

Hi girls.

Nicola- I totally know what you mean about your parents. When mine visit I can't wait for them to leave after a while, but then when they are gone I miss them. About you gaining 4lbs...I think it's great I mean hey like you said it could have been a lot worse. And about your achievements, well, at least you are not gaining a whole lot, and are trying to get back on track. I know you can do it. A bit of will power and come here we'll be here for you, support you and help you in anyway we can.

Raf- dont beat yourself up about the past time. What is done is done. Focus on today and tomorrow. We all have bad days, but instead of just giving up just start now and just do it. I used to think "oh, man that's it I cheated today." and take off that week from the diet...not good:( that's how I got to be 175lbs. The heaviest I ever was was168lbs. Anyway, I don't mean to preach or anything, but just wanted to give you a little support and good vibes:goodvibes.

Brandy- I know you can do it girl. You've been doing good so far. Lets not give up. The loss may slow down now but it'll keep going down I bet you. It'll just take longer, but in the long run it'll be good.

As for myself I've been sticking to the program. This week I have use some of my flex points...about 10. Today I went out with my co-worker and boss to lunch. Mexican..hehehe it was funny because my co-worker and I are both on WW at home, so before we went out we were discussing what to eat and figuring out the pts. I think he helps put me in check too. Keeps me on track, especially because he's lost like 45lbs already on WW. The guy is half his size!:)

Okay girls I'll shut up now:lol: see you all later and take care.

Oh before I forget here's some more good vibes...we all need them:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

happy dance dot 10-23-2003 03:47 PM

Hey Mari where are you???, eechs, volley???

RaffaellaBella 10-23-2003 07:16 PM

Where my b*tches at? :lol: A little ebonics for ya.

I'm doing ok. Not going to weigh myself till Sunday (weigh-in day). Know there was definitely a gain. Can feel it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

HealthyMari 10-23-2003 07:34 PM

What up, biznatches?!?!?

Sorry, just thought I'd get into the groove we've got going here!

I'm with everyone, good vibes all around! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Keep it up gals, we can do this!

Things have been stressful at home. I don't know if I mentioned the fact that, apart from the condo being such a wonderful new place to live, my parents are old-fashioned and don't thing people should live together before they are married. Anyway, I am not that antiquated and sure as **** old enough to make my own decisions. But the stress of my parents trying to argue with me over this (EVERY SINGLE time I talk to them) is really starting to put a strain on our relationship. (Both on my relationship with my Boy and on my relationship with them.) I mean, I'm upset by things my parents say, and me being upset filters onto him being upset and then we end up upset and arguing.

I don't know what to do. I keep thinking that I'll try to get my parents to see my side of it, so that they will feel better and not upset, but I just can't. I don't think there is anything I can say that will make them get over it b/c it comes down to the fact that I'm not going to do what they think I should do....which is just get married. I want to get married once and forever, and that's not something I'm going to take lightly. But they are putting so much strain on me....every time I talk to them, we end up in an argument and I'm crying. I hate this.

Now you see why I have been avoiding posting, b/c I knew I'd just end up posting a long endless rant. All in all, I'm terribly upset all the time with them. I wish I could just let it go and just say to myself, "well, I'm doing what makes me happy, and that's that," but I can't just dismiss my parents like that.

I keep thinking I'll come up with something magical to say that'll just fix everything. I mean, they don't even want to come up for Thanksgiving any more. What do you guys think? I don't know that there's anything I can say, so I think that they just need to get over this themselves. It is SO STRAINING.

Heeeeelllllpppp!

Sorry ladies, don't mean to bring the good vibes down....although with all this parent talk, I guess it's fitting.

Not a happy camper,
Mari
:?: :?: :?:

NicoleNYC 10-24-2003 11:43 AM

If you're parents aren't paying your bills, then do yourself a favor and set some limits with them NOW while you're young. Next time THEY bring it up you need to repeat the following, "We have been over this and I know and understand your feelings. I will not continue to fight with you about this." Insert change of subject here. Stay calm and repeat the same thing EVERY time. They can't fight with you if you refuse to fight, they are clearly NOT open to your POV and you're not going to change your mind. You can continue to fight about it or you can choose not to. Repeat the same thing every time, change the subject, and if they refuse to move to the next topic just say something like, "Ok, well I have to go now. Talk to you later" and hang up. Eventually they will figure out that you are serious about refusing to engage in this BS and they'll have to give up. I use this method A LOT when I just don't want to hear crap from other people. My family is the kind of family that thinks everyone wants to hear their opinions about everything and frankly, my life is very different from theirs. So are my choices. They don't pay my bills, they don't get a vote.

Raff - Sunday is a few days away. You never know what could happen between now and then if you put your mind to it.

Dot - I am really getting frustrated with the pace of WW. I honestly think they set the points so high so that it will take longer for you to lose so you have to keep paying for meeting longer. I really think they do. I am 253/4 pounds - weight should FALL off of me. I am going to bet that this week I don't lose anything. If that happens, I'm going to shave off a few points. I really think if I added up how many CALORIES WW allows in a day, it would be pretty high. I see all these people on the WW boards losing .8 and .5 pounds a week and they're like 300 pounds - that's just nuts. At that weight, they should be able to safely lose much faster. I don't want to plod along. If I have my head on right and I'm actually on program, I want results. I may be impatient, but I think I'm also reasonable.

Anyway, that's my little ranty-poo for the day!

Brandy

happy dance dot 10-24-2003 12:26 PM

TGIF Girls!!

Mari-about your parents I am with Brandy. They need to understand that you're an adult. They need to accept you, but most likely this will seem impossible to them. I am sure with time they will easen up. I think they are just pushing your buttons to see if they still have the say. U know parents vs child thingy lol. I went through a lot of that with my parents, but they calmed down a lot in the end and now we actually get along quite well. See, you pay your own bills, you have your own home so they can no longer say, "As long as you live under my roof..." because it ain't their roof anymore.:lol: Now its your turn to make your own rules. They still try to manipulate their way into you in order to still have some control, but soon they'll learn its time to let go. Brandy's advice about the change of subject is good. Hope things get better. Oh and if you have a good thing with this boy, don't let this prob. come between u two.

Brandy- I get what you're saying about the slow pace. Last week I lost nothing(TOM had just left), let's see what happens this week. I just try to not use my flex. The most I've used are about 8pts. in a week. But yes I think they make it so you loose an average of 2lbs a week. Then it slows down to like 1lb a week or every other week. I guess they just want u to learn better eating habits without starving yourself, so that you'll stick to it longer. But hey figure if you loose 1 lb a week that's 52lbs a year. Hope this helps.

Okay hope you're all doing good..take care.

NicoleNYC 10-24-2003 01:20 PM

I'm kind of in a hurry to lose some weight. I mean, I'm 30 and like 100 pounds overweight and I'd like to get pregnant next year. The thing that's stopping me, for the most part, is my weight. I mean, Mark and I stall and "discuss" a lot of things when it comes to having a kid but as long as I'm THIS overweight the biggest issue IS my weight. I can not imagine being pregnant on top of all this other weight. I mean, I'm already uncomfortable. That would put me over the edge. I'm considering trying the whole "Wendy" thing because I DO know that when I mix it up, I lose. I will probably try it with the weight category UNDER mine. I'll try it for a week or two and if I don't like it, back to straight up WW Flex I'll go.

Brandy

HealthyMari 10-24-2003 01:32 PM

Thank you Brandy and Dot for your fabulous advice!

It's true....I am completely on my own, my parents don't support me any longer. I don't know why I've been letting them drag this out. I think it's b/c I really wanted to believe I could make them understand, which I can't and won't.

So I'm gonna try your advice, Brandy. What can they do if I won't argue? Let's hope not much.

And I'm not going to change my mind. This man (I know I call him a boy sometimes) makes me happier than I've ever been. I know he is my soulmate, he is definitely my best friend, and I know we are going to get married. Some day. Not today, which is what they want, but I know one day when we feel ready. So it's not like he's going anywhere.....so I guess they'd better get used to it! And you're right, Brandy, if I don't set up some ground rules now, they'll be trying to raise my kids for me before you know it!

Keep up the WW, you two! If you feel there is too much leeway with the points, then try cutting them slowly. If you feel like you're starving, then that's the clue that it may not be such a good idea......only one way to find out!

Thanks again for the advice, I'll put it to use this weekend!

I heart you guys, you rock!

-Mari

RaffaellaBella 10-24-2003 04:16 PM

NEWS FLASH! GOT EDDIE IZZARD TICKETS FOR NOV 5TH! VERY EXCITED!

WILL COME BACK TO CHAT LATER.

NicoleNYC 10-24-2003 04:55 PM

Mari, best of luck with the parents. Putting up little fences around your adult life isn't exactly easy, but it's so necessary.

Raff, YAY YOU! It was a great show!

B

volley11 10-24-2003 07:04 PM

Here I am! (Said like in the movie "Zorro the Gayblade")

Hello Ladies! I am no longer on vaca :cry: and I am also not doing well on my weight loss adventure. These reasons have kept me from this party house, but I am back for more self-torture.

Mari - Like the girls have said, be strong! I would suggest that you precede your comments to your parents with "I love you both...." this might help ease some of the pain.

Thanks to all you lovelies, your kindness is much appreciated for all the support you provide to me and to others.
:cheese:

TGIF! :dancer:

volley11

RaffaellaBella 10-26-2003 09:19 AM

Hiya Ladies! Thanks for the positive vibes. They must have worked because I lost 1lb this week.

Brandy - Congrats! You're planning on getting pregnant. Good for you. I too have a lot of issues regarding getting pregnant and luckily my husband understands. I don't see myself getting pregnant in the near future. Maybe when I'm older; I'll have a change-of-life baby. ;)

Volley - You'll get back on track. I think its safe to say that we all go through little slumps. I'm just getting out of a big one.

Dot - Hope you're doing well.

Mari - Not to seem like I'm standing on a soapbox, but your life is your business. I made the mistake of letting people, including my mother and sister get involved in my love life. When my husband and I were dating people were concerned because he was Arab. They were stereotyping him. They thought it was going to be like the Sally Field film, "Not Without My Daughter". My friends expressed concern, but my family was adimant about their disapproval. I almost had a nervous breakdown from the stress.

Well, once they got to know him they love him to death. And all apologized 50 times over. We have been married for 5 years now and Thank God he is exactly the same since the day we first met.

I guess the moral of my long story is: Hopefully your boyfriend is going to be your partner in life. Your life, and your parents have to accept that. Or you can be more forceful when speaking to them and say, "Get over it."

Take care,
Raff

happy dance dot 10-26-2003 05:42 PM

hey girls just checking in to say I lost another 2 lbs.

okay gotta go and get ready for tomorrow.

Fat in Hong Kong 10-27-2003 02:22 AM

Raff & Dot, congrats on your weight losses this week, well done!:)

Well, I must confess that I have found it very difficult over the weekend to get back on track and stay there. Every morning I started to write everything down, but by the evening I had gone overboard:mad: Today however, was my first day back at work (we have just had half term hols at school) and I felt so darned uncomfortable in my clothes ... it's amazing what a difference an extra few pounds can make!:o Anyway, I feel so depressed at the way I look, I know I've just got to do something once and for all. I've got so many things coming up over the next couple of months, they should be an incentive to me to stick to my diet ... ok, I know it's only 27 October, but it's gonna be Chirstmas before we know it:yikes: Various Chirstmas 'Do's' to go to ... and we're planning to go away for Christmas ... I really don't want to be looking like this again!!! I feel so embarassed and self concious about the way I look. Why do I find this so difficult when it really is quite simple?

Well, it's the start of a new week so let's see if I can make it a good one. Hope everyone else has a good week.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 10-27-2003 09:43 AM

Happy Monday!

Congrats to the losers! Raff and Dot, WTG!:bravo:

Nichola, you can get back on track again, I just know it. And you're so right - it's better to get going BEFORE the holiday craziness sets in so you have that momentum behind you. Well, that's my theory anyway :dizzy:

Volley, it's great to see you around again!

Today is my weigh in date and I'm at 251, which is down three pounds for last week so yay! I think that's like 14 since 9/29 and the lowest I've been since we started this list - and close to 240! Maybe I'll be in the 240s next week! That's so exciting! YAY!

:encore:

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Brandy ;)

NicoleNYC 10-27-2003 09:50 AM

Ok, why won't my new sig show up?
Alright, THERE it is. I can move on now ;)

happy dance dot 10-27-2003 10:30 AM

Congrats Raff on your lose...sorry if I skipped you before.

Nicola- come on girl we know you can do it. Just plan ahead and try hard to stick to the menu.

Brandy-Alright girl! You are doing great. I'm telling you that's 14lbs in less that a month! Just keep on it and before you know it'll be another 14lbs and so on. Hey as long as its coming off;) .

As for myself, I am hoping to be 155 by thanksgiving and hopefully like 145 by new years. Keep them :crossed: and :goodvibes coming. This week I reduced my plan by 1 pt. I know its not a lot, but I want to break myself into 20pts for the day. Now I am doing 21pts/ day.

Okay, well that it for now....I'll check in later.

kdrules 10-27-2003 10:35 AM

DIET BUDDY NEEDED

YES INDEED I NEED A DIET BUDDY TOO. I HAVE SUCH A LONG WAY TO GO. HOWEVER I AM VERY SERIOUS. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS ROLLER COASTER TOO LONG AND I AM READY TO GET OFF. LAST WEEK I LOSSED 5 LBS AND THAT WAS SO GOOD. I AM ONLY GOING TO WEIGH MYSELF ONCE A WEEK NOW SINCE I REALIZED I AM OBSESSED WITH THE SCALE.:(
I CUT OUT SUGAR AND FLOUR AND THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORKED FOR ME THIS DRAMATIC IN OVER 2 YEARS. THURS WILL BE 2 WEEKS. IF I WEIGH IN 3 OR MORE LBS LESS THAN I WAS LAST THURDAY I WILL BE SO HAPPY. WW SCALE HAS ME AT 212 SO THAT IS THE NUMBER I WILL USE SO IF I AM 209 BY THURS THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

kdrules 10-27-2003 10:41 AM

A NEW WEEK

WW STARTING WEIGHT WAS 219
LAST WEEK WEIGH IN ON THURS 212
1ST GOAL 199
2ND GOAL 185
3RD GOAL 175
FINAL GOAL 165
I KNOW IT IS A LONG ROAD BUT I AM PREPARED TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE.
EXERCISING 4-5 X A WEEK, EATING THE RIGHT FOODS AND THE RIGHT QUANTITY, TAKING MY VITAMINS AND FIBER PILLS AND REMINDING MYSELF DAILY OF MY GOALS.
:dizzy:
WELL I WILL REPORT BACK ON THURSDAY GOOD OR BAD TO HELP MYSELF STAY ON TRACK.
BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE

NicoleNYC 10-27-2003 11:36 AM

Hi all!

Dot, 155 seems so far away for me - you'll have to tell me what it's like when you get there!

kdrules, welcome. I'm confused - are you on WW or are you low carbing? Or both? Also, I can't imagine a low carb BBQ sauce considering BBQ is mostly sugar and tomato (also sugar). I would think that a low carb BBQ would be fairly funky. Try the LC boards down below, they may have a great recommendation I don't know about. One last thing, please don't type in all caps. It's considered "shouting" and therefore "rude." And it's a little hard on the eyes. That said, welcome! Great to have you and best of luck!

Brandy

RaffaellaBella 10-27-2003 01:29 PM

Welcome KD!

volley11 10-27-2003 01:46 PM

Hi Ladies!

Nichola - I hear ya girl! I've been going hogwild in the food department even though I have the intentions of following my calorie goals. I've been sort of complaining to my sister recently and she finally said, "It's obviously not important enough to you to lose the weight." Now this hurt, but when you think about it, it is true. As with any addiction, we've just got to make it more important to stop, rather than enjoy the pleasure of the moment. WE CAN DO IT!!! :strong:

This is it, this is the week where I take control! (Just wanted to let you ladies in on this ;) )

volley11

happy dance dot 10-27-2003 04:00 PM

Welcome KD

Brandy-Well, if and when I do get to the 155 mark I'll let u know;) . Today's been good so far...I been doing a lot of sandwiches for lunch instead of the usual "leftover dinner" for lunch, think its too heavy for the midday meal and maybe that's why I been losing slowly...also trying to focus on my veges, water, and drinking more soups....I am not a fan of soups. Even when I was a child.

okay girls take care...Mari how are u girl??

HealthyMari 10-27-2003 07:54 PM

Damn!

I think I somehow turned off my email alert when someone posts b/c I haven't gotten a single one! Sorry for my absence!

Congrats to the losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:strong: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dancer: :dance:

It seems that the good vibes that went around last week were well worth it. I have also inched away 2 more lbs. It has been a while since I lost, but I was working more on maintaining. These last 8 (now, 6) lbs were more for me than for health reasons. I think I'm at a very healthy plateau and maintaining is great for me. So 2 more is good, especially b/c I think it's due to the increase in running distance.

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice. I started the first of many conversations this weekend and it went rather well. My boyfriend is my soulmate, we just feel we want to wait a little before getting married. So he's sticking around and they'd better get used to it! Although it's not that they don't like him, it's just they don't think we should live together.

Okay, no more rambling.

Welcome KD!

Fat in Hong Kong 10-28-2003 01:29 AM

Hi All!

Brandy ... 14lbs!!!! so far ... you're doing brilliantly ... keep up the good work!:bravo:

Mari, well done on your 2lbs loss, that's great!:cp: Glad that your weekend talks went well. I'm sure your parents will come around to your way of thinking sooner or later.:)

Volley ... I've had that very same comment from my hubby ... he says if I really want to lose this weight then I'd just do it ... If only it were so simple! But really, the fact that this comment hurts so much, is because I know what a weak person I am. At the end of the day, no one is stopping me from losing weight ... only me!:mad: And I do agree with you ... WE CAN DO IT!!

Welcome to our thread, 'kdrules' & 'Lightweight' ... you're going to like it here:) We're a friendly bunch of girls who all understand each others problems ... we're all in the same boat. You'll get lots of support and encouragement. Tell us more about yourselves ... we like to be nosey!:nose:

Nichola

HealthyMari 10-28-2003 03:43 PM

Welcome LightWeigh! It's nice to hear you are doing the program with your husband, which is always good motivation. Let us know how it goes!

Nichola - thanks for the good vibes on the 'rents. They actually were very perceptive....I think we all just needed to calm down....you know...the quiet after the storm so to speak. Also, don't get too overwhelmed with the holidays coming up.....take it one day at a time and remember that treats are okay and part of the holiday fun. Everything in moderation and you'll pull through.

Dot - thanks for always checking in on me! :goodvibes :crossed: Those are for you and your Thanksgiving goals! You can do it!

How is everyone else doing?

I can't believe it's only Tuesday......sigh......

-Mari

NicoleNYC 10-29-2003 10:10 AM

Once again, I have somehow managed to get behind on all the posts - so congrats to the losers and restarters, welcome new people, and hi! to everyone else.

I have been on WW exactly one month today and I'm down 14 pounds. So woo woo!

Brandy

happy dance dot 10-29-2003 12:58 PM

Woooooooohooooo Brandy...you go girls 14lbs...I got 13.5 lbs:)

I am happy for all of us....now for some bad news...

I broke up with Andrew. On Tuesday. Ever since then he's been giving me **** for it:( . I was a wreck yesterday because he kept calling my job, but today I think he is just sleeping it off. I know he really bummed out about it, but I just can't be with him anymore. I don't know if I had mentioned it before, but he has a drinking problem, which he had been very good about lately but once again fell off the horse again. And well, I just refuse to let him bring me down again like that, I have a lot going for me right now and its not fair, I have tried too much, now I give up on him because if I don't then that would be like giving up on myself and I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON ME:D Of course I too am pretty bummed out, having to lose him over the bottle u know, I'll never forget the good times or the bad, but I must move on. Anyway, thanks for letting me rabble on here for a bit...I had to get it out.:) :( .