3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/33422-desperately-need-diet-buddy-19-a.html)

happy dance dot 11-03-2003 08:55 PM

I agree with Lightweigh about the gifts...Christmas is about being together and family and love, but not really about gifts.

ok gotta go now take care.

RaffaellaBella 11-04-2003 08:29 AM

Hello Ladies! I sprained or strained some ligaments in my calve last night. Made this diagnosis myself because I don't have health insurance. ;) Well my Dad did 4 years at Medical University in Rome so that qualifies me, eh? God knows he thought it qualified him.

So now I'm hobbling and I'm going to Philly tomorrow. I hope I can make it. My sis and I were supposed to go sightseeing. Wait till she hears about this...you all will hear the screams from where you are.

Volley - I agree with you. With a family that big you should draw names. Its insane. Every year I go to my friend's X-mas party. The whole family gets together to celebrate X-mas on a certain day and exchange gifts. Want to talk about caos (sp?). There are six of them, each with about 3 kids, plus friends. So finally they decided on drawing names. Makes sense. Oh and no offense, tell your sister to find a small country to run and leave you alone. :lol: I'm saying this because my sister is the same way.

Nichola - "I'm not going to make myself any promises or unrealistic targets because this puts me under too much pressure." - That is such a realistic and positive way to look at weight loss. I think we should all follow your lead.

Lightweigh - Your approach sounds like OA. Finding faith in your Higher Power to free the compulsion. Like they say, it works if you work it. I'm glad to see that its working for you.

Mari - You can never have too many smilies! Hope you're doing well.

Lorraine - Yeah. I haven't been crazy about my meetings. H.O.W. has taken over and anyhow I live on an island and you know what they say about "island mentality" its so true. We are a world within another. I like to online meetings. Still go to a few face-to-face meetings.

Dot - You're decision to send a letter is an excellent idea. If he's going to AA they are going to suggest he refrain from relationships for about a year until he gets his abstinence together. Sounds like a good suggestion.

Well running off.
Take care and stay well
Raff

volley11 11-04-2003 12:58 PM

Raff -- I hear ya.... I just wish I had the backbone to do so. I tend to let family walk all over me, so as not to have anyone mad at me.

Lorraine -- We did gameboards 2 christmas ago. Thanks for the idea! Even that one came out pretty costly in the end.

It's going to come down to novelty salt and pepper shakers, that's all there is to it ;)

Lightweigh -- I know what Christmas is supposed to be about, it's making the other 27 people see it, that's difficult. Also, while I have your attention... with your diet, how many fist-sized meals are you allowed? Calorie counting doesn't seem to be working for me! How do you like Dr. Phil's book so far?

I made myself visit the gym last night after class and I feel better about myself for doing so. 35 minutes jogging/fast walking and then 1/2 hour of various weight training. I was able to catch some of that Joe Millionare show (I know, I know, it's a horrible addiction I have, when I see those kind of shows I can't make myself change the channel), but I didn't see if he asked Linda to come back.... anyone follow this show? I'm just curious.

Work is calling to me.... must go!

Have a good one lovelies!

volley11

NicoleNYC 11-04-2003 01:22 PM

Nevermind. Taken care of.

Brandy

happy dance dot 11-04-2003 04:06 PM

opps Brandy sorry I meant to write 240's sorry.

happy dance dot 11-04-2003 04:09 PM

Thanks Raff...sorry bout your pull. I had that once and couldn't set the heel on my foot down for at least 3 days:( , it took more for it to get fully better.

By the way think I might go to an alanon meeting today. I'll check in later and tell you girls about it..if that's ok;)

Fat in Hong Kong 11-05-2003 01:35 AM

Brandy, well done for getting down into the 240's ... you must be so proud of yourself ... before you know it, you'll be in the 230's (probably before I even get going!:( )

Raff, hope your injury heals quickly.

Volley, I sympathise over the Christmas pressies. I'm in a predicament over what to do this year. My husband has such a huge family ... brothers, sisters and lots and lots of nieces and nephews (whereas I'm an only child so only have a few pressies to buy for my family). When we were at home in the UK we always bought gifts for everyone, but last year it ended up costing nearly as much to send them back to the UK as it did to buy them!! It seems like such a waste of money. I thought of telling everyone we weren't going to do it this year, but then that will mean my kids won't get any pressies sent over from the UK ... yes, I know Christmas isn't about getting pressies, but try explaining that to my kids!! Plus the fact that I can't really say to my hubby that we're are not going to buy his family gifts but I still want to buy mine as there are only a few of them ... am I selfish? What to do???? I wish we could go back to the good old days when Christmas was celebrated for what it really is and not just that time of year when the shops make a fortune and we all spend more money than we can afford!!:mad: Don't ya just love Christmas?!:yes: :gift: :hat: :cheers: :hun: :chockiss: :chicken: (not quite a turkey, I know:lol: ):angel:

Looking forward to Friday night ... We're going to see the Rolling Stones ... Must confess that I've never particularly liked them or their music, but our neighbours had two spare tickets and as I knew that hubby wanted to see them we decided to go. It's been so long since I went to a concert that I'm quite excited about it ... I'm sure they'll put on a good show.

Well, it's time to walk the dog so I'd better dash before she drives me crazy!

Nichola

NicoleNYC 11-05-2003 11:53 AM

Ok, there is no way I can catch up. How do you guys type so much??? I was just here a few days ago! Now I'm totally lost! ACK!

So congrats losers, good luck re-starters, and yes shopping and shipping sucks.

Brandy ;)

volley11 11-05-2003 01:29 PM

Well, Nichola, I spent some time putting a Secret Santa Gift Exchange thing together for my siblings (6 including me) and after speaking to each, they would rather not get gifts at all. We've decided to give to a local charity instead. Although, it makes me sad that I can't buy one nice gift for a sibling (I really do love giving presents - just can't afford to), I guess it resolves the issue.

Lightweigh - thanks for the diet info! I will sure try it... even though it sounds tough for me - I LOVE to eat! Do you exercise as well? I worry about having the energy (enough fuel) for an hour's worth of gym torture. When I tried Adkins, I lost weight, but couldn't keep up playing tennis this last summer, which is a bummer for me because I love to play sports.

Brandy -- I simply pretend I am talking on the phone with friends and let the words spill out. Sorry that we lost you :)

Keep up the good work Ladies, we can make it through the holidays, I just know we can!

happy dance dot 11-05-2003 02:10 PM

Hi girls

Well I did go to the alanon meeting and it seemed to help a little. I was able to identify with some of the girls there. I believe I am starting a journey of inner soul searching and lots of thinking. Really want to focus on not only being healthy on the outside, but also on the inside.

okay hope all is weel with you all and volley- glad u found a solution to the gift problem;)

HealthyMari 11-06-2003 11:53 AM

Oh my, it's been a while! :wave:

I too need to catch up. Nothing new in this front, same old same old. It seems like people are getting less motivated for exercise now that the weather is cold. My Boyfriend and I go to the gym in our condo complex about 4-5 times per week. It used to be packed all the time, so we'd go as soon as we'd get home from work.......now it's empty empty empty!

So in case any of you are losing motivation because of the cold weather, just remember to keep it going! Nothing will warm you up like a good sweat!:D :D :D

Lightweigh - I'm glad you've found a plan that works for you! Keep it up!

Dot - I'm happy you gave alanon a try. Most of the time it's very helpful in understanding the situation to find people in the same boat as you. Just remember to keep following what's best for you.

Volley - Giving to a local charity is an awesome idea! It truly embodies what the Christmas spirit of giving is all about.

Raff - Get better soon! Take it easy!

Nichola - Have you ever tried to find dept stores online that allow for pickup? I will try to find out for you which ones they are, but I don't know if they are also found in the UK. Basically, you pay online and you can denote a store in which you (or someone else) can pick up the item. There's no charge, so it might be a good way to avoid shipping costs. Look into that, it just might work.

Brandy - hi! How are ya doing???

Alright ladies, may not post again this week b/c a friend is coming to stay with me this weekend. I love houseguests!

-Mari

Fat in Hong Kong 11-07-2003 03:35 AM

Hi Girls!

TGIF ... It's been one of those weeks!:dizzy:

Mari, thanks for the tip ... I'll definitely look into that as there are quite a few UK stores now online ... It would certainly make things a lot easier ... Why didn't I think of that before??:rolleyes:

Lightweigh, I can't begin to imagine what a 500lb person would look like ... It makes all of our weight problems seem so small in comparison and makes me wonder why on earth I can't do it if someone like that can ....???

Well, I'm off to boogie on down with the Rolling Stones tonight:cb: :dance: :dancer: ... Hope you all have a great weekend:)

Nichola

volley11 11-07-2003 11:05 AM

Have fun Nichola! I just love going to concerts--I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time :)

Great news ladies! I've lost 5 lbs since my last "weigh in!" It happened so quickly that I worry I am simply on the down swing of a rollercoaster. Hope they are gone for good. I am so close to my first goal I can almost taste it (excuse the pun, tee hee). What a difference exercise and appetite control makes... hopefully I can keep it up through Thanksgiving! Grandma is in town and I just ADORE her cooking. Maybe I should choose to visit the in-laws this year, I don't care for HER cooking and I could sure use any vice for a diversion from grandma's mashed tators and orange rolls...yummmm!

Awesome Job Lightweigh! I am so happy for you and your husband!

Warm wishes to all in this cold season!

happy dance dot 11-07-2003 12:11 PM

Hi girls...TGIF!!!

Congrats lightweigh and volley on your losses.

Everyone else..how r you all doing??

I am happy and doing good...my head's cleared up a lot and that is good. I weigh in on Sundays and let you all know how that goes.

Brandy how the program goin?

okay that's all gotta go...bye

NicoleNYC 11-07-2003 01:18 PM

Dot, have gained four pounds for no good reason so - it goes not so well this week. I don't know, maybe it's pre-TOM (which is possible, but still frustrating). I've done nothing different this week so - I'm not like depressed over it, but I am disappointed and frustrated. I'm just hoping I'll wake up and it'll be gone just as suddenly as it came.

I am having a hard time keeping up with you guys. I love reading all the chatter !!! but it's tough to respond. Please don't hate me!

Brandy