3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/33422-desperately-need-diet-buddy-19-a.html)

happy dance dot 11-10-2003 12:52 PM

hi girls been busy here lately but just wanted to say hope everyone is doing okay

Fat in Hong Kong 11-11-2003 03:16 AM

Well, today has been considerably cooler than normal ... not exactly cold but cool enough to want to wear warmer clothes in the mornings. Only problem is, when I came home from work today, I decided to sort out my wardrobe and put away my summer clothes in favour of my autumn/winter outfits ... they don't fit ... none of them! I now feel in desperation as I simply do not have anything to wear to work! Yesterday, I jumped on the scales again after my weekend binge, only to discover that I was up another 1.5lbs ... something has got to be done ... I simply can't go on like this. I am so unhappy with the way I look and feel, but just can't seem to keep myself motivated long enough to do anything about it. I have a couple of good weeks, then I just slip back into my old ways again. When you want something so bad, you would think it would be easy to keep motivated long enough to achieve it wouldn't you?

I completed a questionaire at the weekend which was all about low-carb/high protein plans and high-carb plans. Dieting is so confusing these days. One day we're told that diets high in carbs are the best way to lose weight; then the next that carbs are evil and we should stick to high protein diets! What the **** are we meant to believe?! Anyway, I completed the questionaire and according to my answers to the questions (which were all about your lifestyle and eating habits and the way you feel about food etc.) a diet plan high in protein would be most suitable for me. It also said that while Atkins almost cuts carbs out completely, you don't have to be this restrictive to rebalance the reaction against carbs within your system. Instead, they suggest a plan on which you eat less carbs and focus on the right kinds. I know that I eat way too many carbs of the bad kind (love bread and pasta etc) so I'm going to give these suggestions a try. Somethings got to work sooner or later:dizzy: We'll see how it goes ......:^:

Nichola

PS - Apologies for the long post ... I need to convince myself that I'm doing the right thing!!:)

volley11 11-11-2003 10:57 AM

Nichola - I too have had the same problem with dieting - complete confusion. I recently have been combining: counting calories (not strictly), splitting my meals in half, and following Lightweigh's approach to not eating until my stomach growls. This has been working well, I feel that I can finally tell the difference between when I am physically hungry and emotionally hungry. DON'T GIVE UP! I know you can conquer this part of your life! :)

Never worry about posting too much, I love seeing all the fun things you all have to say and if anything, it helps us get to know everyone better because more personality shines through.

Fat in Hong Kong 11-12-2003 01:02 AM

Volley, thanks for the vote of confidence and your support. I'm feeling a little more positive today, thank goodness. I had a good day yesterday (diet-wise) and today seems to be going well so far:) I'm basically trying to cut out all of the crap that I eat and cut down on my carbs, although I don't plan to cut them out completely because I know that this will end in yet another failed attempt at dieting. I'm concentrating on the the good carbs and also swopping white bread for wholemeal, white rice for brown, etc. I know I'm not going to lose this weight overnight (I wish!), so I'm just taking it one day at a time and not looking too far into the future. I'm trying not to obsess too much about the whole diet thing ... just thinking about it as a good healthy lifestyle change:) ... I hope I can keep this up!

Nichola

happy dance dot 11-12-2003 12:01 PM

Hi girls all has been well here.

I lost 1 lb this week, but my stubborn TOM is still here...going on to the 4th week:mad: :mad: ...sooooo mad about that. Spoke to doctor, she says give the pills the 3rd month to see if they get it back to normal or she'll switch my pills, also my weight drop, stress from lately, and meds may have affected it she says.

We'll see.

Girls don't give up. What I have found works for me is taping up pics of me on my fridge. You can go to myvirtualmodel.com and make your own model of yourself. I made three, starting point, first mini goal, second mini goal, and goal weight. Pasted them on my fridge and believe me it's gotten me to turn from food many times. Give it a try.

Okay gotta run take care...

Brandy, Mari???? How are you girls.

Brandy- don't give up girl we can do this. If you mess up one day...just pick up the next. Little by little the numbers go down. We need to focus on that and its just a baby step closer to our goals.:grouphug:

RaffaellaBella 11-12-2003 01:25 PM

Its Wed and I feel as bad as the day looks. It has been about a month now that I have been going over in my WW points. I'm having such a hard time getting back to smaller portions.

My target range is 31, but I have been following a range of 31-35pts per day. I'm eating anywhere from 45-50 per day.
I really, really, need to get back on track. But it seems once my stomach "opens" its hard to get back to where it was before.

Please send me some positive vibes.

Thanks,
Raff

NicoleNYC 11-12-2003 05:30 PM

Hi guys - and thanks for the encouragment! I'm back down from the "mystery pounds" but not any FURTHER down. Oh well, at least they're gone! I am freakishly cleaning like a crazy person and moving furniture in and out and blah blah blah. This is really the last time I'll be able to post for a while - between our company, Thanksgiving and maybe or maybe not going to my mom and dad's wedding (hee - ok, you know you're a redneck when...) and yadda yadda yadda. Keep sending me vibes and I'll keep sending them all right back to you!

Raff - I feel ya, girl. Try the Virtual Model suggestion - they've been great for keeping me focused. Also, sometimes I need to just not worry about it for a few days - just forget tracking points, give yourself a few days to get it out of your system and don't even THINK about it. But set a deadline - like Saturday - on Saturday, pick up and start over. Write down all the reasons you want to lose weight and make some SMALL scale plans. Give yourself some things you KNOW you can stick with, so you get those little victories. But really, when I get burned out, sometimes I just need permission NOT to think about it. Sending you vibes!

Congrats to all the losers!

Will catch up as soon as I can,
Brandy

Fat in Hong Kong 11-13-2003 02:01 AM

Congratulations to Dot for losing another pound:)

Well done Brandy for getting rid of those 'mystery pounds':)

Raff, I know exactly how you feel ... I have the same problem myself ... just can't seem to keep within my daily allowance ... even when I'm NOT hungry!!:mad: However, the last couple of days I've managed to be a good girl ... I'm just not trying to think of it as 'dieting' because then I start to obsess about what I can and can't have ... and of course, I always start to pick at all the things that I shouldn't be having!!:mad: You have already lost well over 30lbs, which is fantastic, so you obviously can do it. Just take it a day at a time and if you have a bad day, just start over again the next. We can all do this, it just may take some of us a little longer than other, but we'll get there eventually and all the hard work will be worth it! :D

Sending good vibes to everyone ... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

volley11 11-13-2003 11:56 AM

Hello, hello, hello.....

Is anybody in here, in here, in here?????

The holidays must already have everyone occupied elsewhere. Darn! I need everyone's light hearted banter and positive chatter, it makes me do so much better at keeping the focus.

I have somehow fit exercise into my already busy schedule and this has helped immensely. Though the hubby doesn't care for my extended absences and he won't come to the gym with me....arg:p

I am keeping the upcoming food holidays in my mind as a challenge to myself. It's like a "Bring it on" feeling I've conjured up to battle the giving-up and after-regrets I always tend to melt into.

Why can't there be a decent low-calorie hot cocoa mix? I absolutely love hot chocolate and the only thing I've found is Swiss Miss's diet cocoa.... yuck :no:

It is Thursday, almost the weekend :cb:
I will be focused on writing a paper for my sociology class that is due next Monday. Here's to The Great Procrastinator!

Chins up ladies.... let's follow our dreams and reach our goals! :lucky: :balloons: :cheer: :grouphug:

happy dance dot 11-13-2003 03:39 PM

hi girls

Here you go raff:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes and many more...I agree with the take it a day at a time. Don't panic and get all worked up just do baby steps and little by little u'll get back to where you were...or should I say down;) .

okay everyone else take care...gotta run...geeeez I been doing a lot of running lately:lol: need to relax soon....bye

Fat in Hong Kong 11-14-2003 01:05 AM

Hi Girls,

Can't believe it's Friday again already ... where did the week go?:dizzy:

Well, I finally have some good news :) ... I hopped on the scales this morning and discovered that I've lost 5lbs since Monday!!!!:D This is very good for me as I usually only lose around 3-3.5lbs during my first week and it hasn't even been a full week. Needless to say I'm feeling rather pleased with myself ... just wish I knew how I managed it!:chin: Seriously though, I haven't been picking at the crap I normally eat and I've had lots of good healthy meals. All I need to do now is keep it up! :^:

Hope you all have a great weekend:)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 11-14-2003 08:18 AM

CONGRATS TO NICHOLA! :bravo: :cb: :cp:
Its such a great feeling when the scale reads more than you expected.

I want to thank everyone for their support. It really means a lot. I have been doing a lot better. Yesterday I was only 9 pts over my limit. So I'm getting there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Peace and love,
Raff

happy dance dot 11-14-2003 12:43 PM

WAY TO GO NICHOLA!!!! I am sooo proud of you...heck you must be proud of yourself too.:D

Raff- happy to see you're getting better with the points.

My TOM has finally decided to part with me:D. yippppeeeee!!!

okay TGIF girls!!!

Fat in Hong Kong 11-17-2003 01:21 AM

PHEW! ... Found our thread at last!:dizzy: Hope everyone else read the sticky about moving a lot of the old established threads from the 'Buddy Up' forum to the 'Support Groups' Forum.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was spent getting the kids ready to go away ... This week they have what's called 'Horizon's Week' at school and they all get to choose an activity. They have both gone away for the week to sea activity camps ... not the same ones though. So now I'm at home all alone (except for the dog!) ... what bliss! ... I don't know what to do with myself:D ... I think I'll go and put my feet up for a couple of hours with a magazine and a nice cup of coffee ... I could get used to this!:D

Nichola