3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/33422-desperately-need-diet-buddy-19-a.html)

kdrules 10-27-2003 10:41 AM

A NEW WEEK

WW STARTING WEIGHT WAS 219
LAST WEEK WEIGH IN ON THURS 212
1ST GOAL 199
2ND GOAL 185
3RD GOAL 175
FINAL GOAL 165
I KNOW IT IS A LONG ROAD BUT I AM PREPARED TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE.
EXERCISING 4-5 X A WEEK, EATING THE RIGHT FOODS AND THE RIGHT QUANTITY, TAKING MY VITAMINS AND FIBER PILLS AND REMINDING MYSELF DAILY OF MY GOALS.
:dizzy:
WELL I WILL REPORT BACK ON THURSDAY GOOD OR BAD TO HELP MYSELF STAY ON TRACK.
BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE

NicoleNYC 10-27-2003 11:36 AM

Hi all!

Dot, 155 seems so far away for me - you'll have to tell me what it's like when you get there!

kdrules, welcome. I'm confused - are you on WW or are you low carbing? Or both? Also, I can't imagine a low carb BBQ sauce considering BBQ is mostly sugar and tomato (also sugar). I would think that a low carb BBQ would be fairly funky. Try the LC boards down below, they may have a great recommendation I don't know about. One last thing, please don't type in all caps. It's considered "shouting" and therefore "rude." And it's a little hard on the eyes. That said, welcome! Great to have you and best of luck!

Brandy

RaffaellaBella 10-27-2003 01:29 PM

Welcome KD!

volley11 10-27-2003 01:46 PM

Hi Ladies!

Nichola - I hear ya girl! I've been going hogwild in the food department even though I have the intentions of following my calorie goals. I've been sort of complaining to my sister recently and she finally said, "It's obviously not important enough to you to lose the weight." Now this hurt, but when you think about it, it is true. As with any addiction, we've just got to make it more important to stop, rather than enjoy the pleasure of the moment. WE CAN DO IT!!! :strong:

This is it, this is the week where I take control! (Just wanted to let you ladies in on this ;) )

volley11

happy dance dot 10-27-2003 04:00 PM

Welcome KD

Brandy-Well, if and when I do get to the 155 mark I'll let u know;) . Today's been good so far...I been doing a lot of sandwiches for lunch instead of the usual "leftover dinner" for lunch, think its too heavy for the midday meal and maybe that's why I been losing slowly...also trying to focus on my veges, water, and drinking more soups....I am not a fan of soups. Even when I was a child.

okay girls take care...Mari how are u girl??

HealthyMari 10-27-2003 07:54 PM

Damn!

I think I somehow turned off my email alert when someone posts b/c I haven't gotten a single one! Sorry for my absence!

Congrats to the losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:strong: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dancer: :dance:

It seems that the good vibes that went around last week were well worth it. I have also inched away 2 more lbs. It has been a while since I lost, but I was working more on maintaining. These last 8 (now, 6) lbs were more for me than for health reasons. I think I'm at a very healthy plateau and maintaining is great for me. So 2 more is good, especially b/c I think it's due to the increase in running distance.

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice. I started the first of many conversations this weekend and it went rather well. My boyfriend is my soulmate, we just feel we want to wait a little before getting married. So he's sticking around and they'd better get used to it! Although it's not that they don't like him, it's just they don't think we should live together.

Okay, no more rambling.

Welcome KD!

Fat in Hong Kong 10-28-2003 01:29 AM

Hi All!

Brandy ... 14lbs!!!! so far ... you're doing brilliantly ... keep up the good work!:bravo:

Mari, well done on your 2lbs loss, that's great!:cp: Glad that your weekend talks went well. I'm sure your parents will come around to your way of thinking sooner or later.:)

Volley ... I've had that very same comment from my hubby ... he says if I really want to lose this weight then I'd just do it ... If only it were so simple! But really, the fact that this comment hurts so much, is because I know what a weak person I am. At the end of the day, no one is stopping me from losing weight ... only me!:mad: And I do agree with you ... WE CAN DO IT!!

Welcome to our thread, 'kdrules' & 'Lightweight' ... you're going to like it here:) We're a friendly bunch of girls who all understand each others problems ... we're all in the same boat. You'll get lots of support and encouragement. Tell us more about yourselves ... we like to be nosey!:nose:

Nichola

HealthyMari 10-28-2003 03:43 PM

Welcome LightWeigh! It's nice to hear you are doing the program with your husband, which is always good motivation. Let us know how it goes!

Nichola - thanks for the good vibes on the 'rents. They actually were very perceptive....I think we all just needed to calm down....you know...the quiet after the storm so to speak. Also, don't get too overwhelmed with the holidays coming up.....take it one day at a time and remember that treats are okay and part of the holiday fun. Everything in moderation and you'll pull through.

Dot - thanks for always checking in on me! :goodvibes :crossed: Those are for you and your Thanksgiving goals! You can do it!

How is everyone else doing?

I can't believe it's only Tuesday......sigh......

-Mari

NicoleNYC 10-29-2003 10:10 AM

Once again, I have somehow managed to get behind on all the posts - so congrats to the losers and restarters, welcome new people, and hi! to everyone else.

I have been on WW exactly one month today and I'm down 14 pounds. So woo woo!

Brandy

happy dance dot 10-29-2003 12:58 PM

Woooooooohooooo Brandy...you go girls 14lbs...I got 13.5 lbs:)

I am happy for all of us....now for some bad news...

I broke up with Andrew. On Tuesday. Ever since then he's been giving me **** for it:( . I was a wreck yesterday because he kept calling my job, but today I think he is just sleeping it off. I know he really bummed out about it, but I just can't be with him anymore. I don't know if I had mentioned it before, but he has a drinking problem, which he had been very good about lately but once again fell off the horse again. And well, I just refuse to let him bring me down again like that, I have a lot going for me right now and its not fair, I have tried too much, now I give up on him because if I don't then that would be like giving up on myself and I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON ME:D Of course I too am pretty bummed out, having to lose him over the bottle u know, I'll never forget the good times or the bad, but I must move on. Anyway, thanks for letting me rabble on here for a bit...I had to get it out.:) :( .

NicoleNYC 10-29-2003 01:55 PM

Oh, Dot, sorry to hear that. But you know what's best for you and even if it's hard - you're doing the right thing by following your own best interest.

We're here for ya!

B

volley11 10-30-2003 11:18 AM

I thought I'd move our thread to the front of the line ;)

I had to add 1 lb to the CW, dang it! Won't be touching the hubby's stash of trick or treat goodies, not even one, cause that's when I lose it.

Brandy, Dot, and Mari -- you ladies are awesome and a great inspiration to me!

HealthyMari 10-30-2003 01:04 PM

Hello Ladies!

Dot - I'm very sorry to hear about your break-up. Even though it was your own decision, and there are many reasons why it's the right decision, I know that it is still a difficult change. I got out of a possessive, 4-year relationship. Even though it was a good thing in the end, it was still a very difficult change to deal with. Be strong! Remember we are here if you need to vent anonymously, which always helps. But it's important for you to remember that you need to follow your heart and mind.....your health and happiness depend on it. Hang in there, girl!

Volley - there's always ups and downs. Take this as increased motivation!

Happy Thursday everyone! Have a happy early Halloween! Watch those treats!

-Mari

happy dance dot 10-30-2003 04:53 PM

Thanks Brandy and Mari for your support...yep it's hard u know the little voice in my head is saying move on, but my heart keeps holding me back...they are in battle right now...so confused. His mom told me yesterday she took him in to a detox as per his request. He asked if I could be his friend and just be there for him during this...and well, I don't know how to answer that...please help/ advice/ suggest...I know i can only make the decision, but it helps to hear others opinions, less biased u know.

ecchs 10-30-2003 05:31 PM

Hey Dot...

I say, be a phone buddy for now...it's easier to stay objective when you aren't close to him in body...tell him he can call you anytime of the day or night to talk about anything, but maybe refrain from seeing each other for a while. Don't know if that's possible...I just know that in my past, breakups always get strained when I see the guy because the physical sparks that were there in the beginning tend to linger...

Weightloss for me is out the window. Woe is me. Nobody can kick my *** but myself. Just gotta deal with that.

Lorraine