Old 05-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi everyone,

Today is Monday - exercise class. I was not happy about going out - we are having thunderstorms and heavy rain at times. Then I realized it's a HOLIDAY. No class today. Yay! Yesterday I finally got back on the NuStep. The battery died and it wanted the electrical adaptor which was not where I would have put it. I searched around - DH is tossing things again and found it in a box that was probably on it's way to the trash. Fortunately it worked. I was only able to do 15 minutes before my knee said NO MORE but at least it was something.

I am down 6 pounds in 3 weeks. I am hoping that this is not water weight as I have had no weight loss last week. The Weight Loss Counselor said to really up my protein so I have had to refigure my entire eating plan. This is like a full time freaking JOB with all the planning, logging and execution. Two of the orthopedic doctors won't touch me unless I lose at least 70 pounds. That is disheartening. And I can't get any more of the medication I was on. I have a doctor's appointment next week to talk about alternatives. DH got his test results back - looks like he has a faulty heart valve. He is seeing the doctor tomorrow so we will know more. I think it's the start of something to monitor rather than an immediate need. He is NOT keen on surgery, especially heart surgery.

I really miss talking to my Mom. Been thinking a lot about her lately.

Nothing much going on here. We have lots of hummingbirds, mosquitoes and ticks this year. Once the dragonflies show up (they are late), it will help greatly with the mosquitoes. We think we finally had a bear visit yesterday. Bird feeder knocked down this morning. Don't know what's going on but for some reason the fawns are being left / found out in the wide open spaces. They should be hiding in the woods. DH said he saw a small one wobbly walking by the side of our road yesterday.

Our weather is crazy. One day unseasonably warm at 86 degrees and then it drops down to 60 degrees. These swings cause thunderstorms and bad weather. North of us by the Canadian border there is lots of flooding. We are back in the red zone for Covid again.

Give me something to be happy about already, ok?

Hope you are all doing well.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:12 AM   #62  
Choose your hard

I have to admit I am getting pretty fed up with the way this site is responding. It wipes out my posts before I am finished and if I do post, it hangs and hangs or logs me out and I have to post over and over. Again it took me FIVE TIMES to post my last post. And we don't get the involvement we once did. Maybe after 20 years (yes it's been 20 years that I have been here) - it's time to call it quits. I don't want to lose touch with you but it seems we have.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:00 PM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm in agreement with you Happy. Perhaps it is time to set up a closed account in Facebook. I'm not having any trouble with the site at the moment except that often I do not get notification of posts. I just keep looking at the site.
We have at last got rid of the rain, and have blue skies and sunshine, along with a strong wind and cold temperatures. Well cold for us anyway.
Be proud of that lbs down. At least it is not 70 now, it is 64. I don't know if you are the same, but I go down and down, then gain a bit and then stay the same for a while. It's annoying but that's what happens with me.
I've just been out to do my shopping. Prices and Petrol are going up and up and up and half the stuff we used to be able to get is no longer available. I'm so glad I have my vegetable garden and don't eat a lot of meat anymore because otherwise I might have to cut out some of my pleasures and outings.
Must away and get the shopping put away and make a cuppa and then go do something to keep warm. And they reckon tomorrow through to Friday will be worse. Great.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:30 PM   #64  

Hello all.

Susie – Are you enjoying your vacation? Have fun in Las Vegas!! I hope your May is better than your April was, with being sick and all. Awesome you’ve been able to keep off the weight you lost when you were ill. You go girl!! == Yes, RTW is going alright. Yeh, I’m glad to not have gained weight during the pandemic, but I have lost muscle mass, and I’m thicker around the waist due to not exercising. I really have to work on my core!

Shad – Sorry to hear about all the wet weather you’re having by you. Awful to hear about people losing their homes due to the flooding. == We’re in weed season now, so I’m sure I’ll have to get out and do what I can to keep them at bay. As for flowers and veggies…I did start seeds a few weeks ago. The cilantro and cherry tomato seeds have sprouted. I’ll have to get them outside soon. I also planted some seeds in a cardboard egg carton to see how that worked out. It didn’t. None of them sprouted, so that was a bust. This past weekend I started more seeds in peat pots and stuck them in plastic containers with lids, so hopefully those will sprout for me. They’re marigold, coleus and basil seeds. I brought the two pots of begonias (and another type of “filler” plant of bright green that contrasts with the dark begonia foliage) that I overwintered indoors from last year – they survived, we’ll see if they thrive and bloom for another season! == I’m also full of excuses as to exercise. I guess I’ll finish out my remaining group fitness classes on my “punchcard” (it’s not a paper punch card anymore, it’s all electronic and stored in my park district membership card) before they expire, and keep watch for the upcoming group fitness schedules. During the pandemic, they replaced a lot of live classes with on-demand classes via video. Hopefully they’ll bring back a good variety of live instructor classes. I might also cancel the fitness center membership again. I just don’t get there anymore. I should just cancel it and put the $20 towards filling the car with gas. I’m thankful that I take the train to work and don’t have to commute via car. At least I’m getting some physical movement with my commutes. I bought a couple workout videos at Goodwill a few weeks ago…I’ll have to give those a try. I don’t spend a lot of money on those because I have a poor track record with a home workout routine…but hope springs eternal I guess. == Return to office is okay. The commute’s okay too, but I have decided to wear a mask on the train to try and stave off the germs. Doing okay with bringing my lunch to work. I’m not even sure where I’d go to eat if I left the building – I think a lot of my spots are no longer open! == I guess I’d be okay with a private FB group for us, but we’re definitely less active on this thread than we used to be, as well as 3fc overall.

Happy – Sorry you’re having troubles posting to this site. I’m not having trouble posting, but I type my post in Word first and cut and paste it. I don’t care for posting via my phone. == Don’t give up with the exercise and weight loss, think of the mobility you’ll regain if you can get that knee replacement surgery! Good job getting back on the NuStep!! Interesting how that drug makes Coke no longer good-tasting to you! Good to increase your water intake for sure. Sorry to hear about DH’s faulty heart valve. Hope it won’t require surgery. == We’ve been bouncing between really hot weather and chilly/rainy, but I’m glad we had a pretty great Memorial Day weekend. We did have to turn on the AC yesterday, but we’ll probably shut it down tonight as the temps are dropping a bit for the next week or so. Yay for that. I’ve heard ticks are bad this year around here too. Ugh! == As for the purging of clothes…I guess we need to get into the habit of going through everything before the season starts so we can donate it in the right season for the charity shop to actually want it and be able to sell it! == As for my mom – she’s already at the point where I don’t think she really knows who I really am – I think I’m familiar to her, but that’s about it. But I think she likes having visitors, so of course I’ll be there for her. Yes, caregivers are in short supply. I know my mom’s place is using more agency people than before, but there’s been a change in ownership and that might be part of the reason why. I’m actually thankful that there’s a woman who’s a private caregiver to another resident in my mom’s wing of memory care, and she’s so wonderful and caring and actually keeps an eye on my mom and the others in the wing just to help out the employees. That is a really difficult job and I agree with you, not for me. == As for hair dye – I also didn’t wash my hair within 2 days of my touch up appointments, but I still had some irritation, so I just think I’m better off having stopped with the coloring. Definitely going to embrace the gray. It's been over 12 weeks now!

Hellos to Ceejay and Annie! Hope you're both doing well.

==

I had a 4-day Memorial Day weekend, busy but nice. Already looking forward to the next holiday, which is Juneteenth. It’ll be nice to have a holiday in June… My employer has also kept the Summer Hours time off – two full days, four half days or combination thereof to be taken between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Okay, I need to get this posted and think about dinner and put together lunch to take to work tomorrow. Take care everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #65  
banned

Indeed, this year for me straight garish because I was able to voplala several of my goals. I got myself in shape and started to work out not only physically but emotionally as well. That is, I began to develop myself in all areas of my life activity. I would like to brag because I recently discovered florida llc and just loved it. I have been wanting to start earning and starting my own business for a long time, but I didn't think it would happen so quickly. The main thing is not to fold your hands and develop it. Maybe you will have some tips for me?

Last edited by Maxxx17; 06-24-2022 at 04:51 AM.
Maxxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:26 PM   #66  

Happy birthday Susie!! Hope you're having a special day!
Old 06-08-2022, 11:30 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default Hello worldlie's

I came to read some post.
Happy
I counted the years last week and I couldn't believe that it has been 20 years. If you do start a closed group on FB invite me please. I miss hearing from everyone.
Laura
sorry to hear that your mom is digressing.
hi Shad
As for me nothing going on except providing a place for nephew and his kids for the weekend. Nephew is doing exceptionally well.
I lost 10 pounds while doing the IF but actually gave up cause I can't control my eating. Don't really want to go back to the Metabolic Research Center but the have a diet pill that works really well. I can do the plan at home via telephone consultation. They believe in protein also
this is it for me

ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 11:04 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

Hi all,
Quick check in. Things are going ok - plodding along through summer. I have lost 10 pounds and fought for every single one of them! It's more than just food - sleep, managing stress, eating, movement and water. This medication really dries you out so you need to be very vigilant about the water. Not enough will give you constipation problems as well as stressing out your kidneys. Fats give me a stomach ache and dairy bothers me too but it's so hard to get enough protein in that I am just tolerating the discomfort so I can continue my protein shakes.

The Farmers Markets are open now and I am so thrilled to have fresh food again. It takes a while for us to get the farm bounty but there are some vendors who have greenhouses and get an early start. Yesterday I picked up fresh strawberries, rhubarb (for DH), mixed lettuces salad mix, giant radishes and fresh garlic and green onions. Sams Club carries these incredible cherry tomatoes on the vine rightly called Flavor Bombs - I can eat them like candy. The market also had things I don't care about - salad turnips and beets

I got my new furniture and we had to cover it up with quilts. The cats are running around all over them. Can't have nice things with 4 cats. Not much going on in my life - with my knee bothering me as much as it is, I can't do much physically. Most of my efforts are focused on losing weight. This is very time consuming - planning, tracking, adding "recipes" for homemade stuff so I can appropriately track things. I am working on purging things in the house and that's about it.

DH went through a hullabaloo with the doctors. They never did figure out why his feet were swelling. They still can't tell him why he gets out of breath. They messed up his blood test and sent tests to the Mayo Clinic for analysis. Turned out there is nothing wrong with him. He has a very strong heart - the occasional blub blub they hear is absolutely normal. Got him worried all for nothing. I told him he may have to accept that he is out of breath because he is OLD. It happens to us all. I said as long as you have been given a clean bill of health, go with that and don't be looking for something to be wrong.

Ceejay - it is difficult to constantly monitor every single thing every single day that you put in your mouth. You have to find something that works for you. Glad to hear the nephew is doing well.

Hope you had a nice birthday Ceejay.

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is slipping away from you. That has to be really sad to see. I think I tried the egg carton seed growing experiment once also and it did not work out for me either. We also tried growing things in a small portable greenhouse too and that was more work than I thought it was worth. This year I am not interested at all in gardening. I have my herbs on the deck which is all I need. DH went gung ho with planting bulbs and perennials. I said I was not interested in the science of gardening and you have to have some basic understanding of soil differences and sun and water so that the plants thrive. He just plants it and if it grows it grows, if it dies oh well. So okay with that.

Shad - glad that the rains have finally dried up. So much fires and flooding and viruses - is the end near? I see you are dealing with shortages also. You never know what you won't be able to get. Petrol is horrid here too - yet the petroleum companies are posting record profits. How does that justify raising prices as much as they are? I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather - at least it has to be less buggy.

Hello to Annie.

I need to go plug my food into My Fitness Pal and find something for lunch and then purge away. Might sit out for 10 minutes to get some sun before it gets too hot outside. Carry on ladies!
Old 06-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #69  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Cool morning here. But I don't mind that because it will warm up to around 22C by around 9:00am. Love it when winter is like this. I have corn growing quickly and the peas are ready for eating. Rocket and spinach are doing well and I've been eating them for some time now. I've pulled out one lot of beans, more on the way. Carrots are not doing so well but I'll keep trying with the seeds I have left. Still got beetroot to plant and I am running out of space. Ah well at least I am eating well. The price of fresh fruit and vegetables here is horrendous. 12.99 for a lettuce for goodness sake. That's outright robbery. Thank goodness I have some growing. Might sell them for some petrol money! Otherwise might have to sell one of the kids.

Happy - you have such a short growing season, I don't blame you for getting your fresh stuff from the Growers markets. It's expensive to grow if the weather doesn't co-operate. Well done on the 10lbs down. It's hard, but don't give up. I've managed to lose 4kg (around 10lbs) since February, but it has been very hard to keep up. I plateau, I lose, I gain, I plateau. Still things have been working since I started to plan my meals, not keep much in the way of temptations in the fridge or pantry and making breakfast a late meal. Of course portion control helps as well. I'm still doing my walk/ weights exercises so that probably lifts my lazy metabolism somewhat.
I'm glad to hear that DH has a clean bill of health. Shortness of breath comes to us all I think as we age - especially if we have smoked in our happy misspent youth.
Nice that your furniture arrived, now to keep the animals off it. Eventually they may grow up and get some sense.

Ceejay - good to hear from you. The older we get, the harder it is to take the weight off.

Laura - Sorry to hear that your mum is going downhill. Horrible disease. Nice that there is a really caring caregiver in the complex.
I hear you on the exercise bit. While I don't mind - in fact enjoy the walking exercise, I am really not that fond of the weights but I know that strength needs to be kept up otherwise something I don't want (like osteoporosis) will set it in.
Gardening and seeds can be a bit of trial at times. I'm experimenting with seed raising mix at the moment. That seems to work okay, but getting them out of the tray and into the pot or the ground is a problem. Half of them seem to pass away. Still fresh veg and a few flowers are a happy thing.

Hello to Annie and Susie: Hope you are both well and enjoying life.

I'd better go and sort out the weights for my exercise 30 minutes this morning. Then it's some Probus stuff, some gardening and some shopping. Geez I hate shopping, but if I am to eat properly then it must be done. Tonight's meal is homemade pizza. That should be fun. I like making bread but I don't like kneading it, so it goes in the bread maker for that bit.

Have a great day/ night and stay safe.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #70  
Choose your hard

Shad,

Great to hear from you again. You are enjoying winter, we are baking away - far too hot for this early up here. Was 92F yesterday (33C) and I sat out for a bit to get some Vitamin D and I could feel my skin crisping up. Not a fan of this hot weather, neither is DH. The plants are loving it although my cilantro has bolted to corriander. Doesn't take much heat for it to go to seed. I am only doing a herb garden - parsley, dill, basil, garlic & regular chives and some oregano. All is doing well. DH's flowers are popping up all over. We have about a dozen hummingbirds. Yesterday 2 turkey mommas showed up in the yard with at least 12 baby chicks. A bit early for turkey babies. We have one bear who likes to come at night and raid the feeders so I told DH he must start taking them in at night. DH got a funny picture of a raccoon enjoying a large steak bone we had the other night. The steak was fantastic.

I have not had much luck with growing from seeds. They need more care than I want to put into them. So good luck - would think the carrots would like the cooler weather and grow well for you. I cannot believe your price for lettuce!!! That is robbery. We have a nice guy at the Farmers Market. He was a medical technician doing MRI imaging and always wanted to become a hobby farmer. His wife who is so petite and cute you just want to hate her but she's so nice you can't - has a very good job which she can apparently work from home so they relocated from the city life to a small farm up here. He grows the most amazing lettuce mix. It's not bitter at all and holds up for over a week in the refrigerator. I just love it and it's a sad day for me when the markets close in September. We enjoy it all summer long. He grows salad turnips, carrots, radishes, kales and microgreens also. They wash everything so nicely too. I picked up some early strawberries on Saturday as well as DH's favorite rhubarb. Made a sauce yesterday and while I don't like the pies, I did enjoy this sauce over a bit of vanilla ice cream (DH's bowl was much bigger than mine). I'm also going to try this with vanilla Greek yogurt in my protein shakes. I just love the summer freshness. I guess with your prices we should not cry about our petrol and food. DH said they raised the propane gas (we use for heat and cooking) to 50 percent more than last year for prepay. I hope it won't be a cold winter.

Shad - besides building strength to burn more calories, it's also important to work on it for balance and to ensure that we don't hurt ourselves reaching and grabbing for things. I use light weights and a child's ball for some arm exercises also. Amazing how weak I have become when not paying attention!

I'm glad you are doing well and checked in. Hello to the rest of you. I have a Zoom meeting with my nutritionist in 90 minutes, then going to work on the back room and my "great purge". Take care everyone.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:09 PM   #71  

Hi everyone. Just a quick pop in to say hello.

I've noticed that the mobile 3fc site - what I see on my cell phone - no longer has navigation tools to get to the proper page of the thread. I can't see the latest posts, and can't navigate to them. And when I click the "view full site" button, it's iffy if I'm actually going to get there. I wonder how much activity this site gets and if one day it'll go "poof".

I'll have to get back here soon to do a proper post. Everyone have a good weekend!!
Old 06-25-2022, 09:48 PM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura705 View Post
Hi everyone. Just a quick pop in to say hello.

I've noticed that the mobile 3fc site - what I see on my cell phone - no longer has navigation tools to get to the proper page of the thread. I can't see the latest posts, and can't navigate to them. And when I click the "view full site" button, it's iffy if I'm actually going to get there. I wonder how much activity this site gets and if one day it'll go "poof".

I'll have to get back here soon to do a proper post. Everyone have a good weekend!!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:22 AM   #73  
banned

It's been a very good year for me. In spite of the circumstances that are happening in the world. I was finally able to open my own business. Namely, I am investing and working for myself. I love reading such success stories when people have roughly created something from scratch.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 04-11-2023 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Removed link
Maxxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #74  

Can’t anything be normal in my life? must of been bad in my past life.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited by wilber.erickson; 06-24-2023 at 01:37 PM.
wilber.erickson is offline   Reply With Quote