Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 06:27 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Cows Gettin Up With Yas

MORNING COWS!!!---YES!! lohannie------i concur with your insomniacal tendencies========= i wake up at LEAST three times ----WIDE awake----but i am afraid to get up and do things cause i don't like sleeping in the day to make up for it!!!! okay---i have to get the children up and off to school---but just in case you think that all this point couting is for naught--------------------- I HAVE ANOTHER TWO POUNDS GONE,[counting for two weeks online] AND NOW I WEIGHT 155------------FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN THIS LOW SINCE I JOINED THIS HERD IN 1998------------------ I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE TO HEAR IT---BUT COUNTING POINTS WORKS---------------RIGHT WABBY!!!!! and with the new flexie points i got all kinds of treats to boot!!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:54 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

bagziee, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You are a hot Miss Canada Mama!!!! I feel like hudda and have a sore throat so I can't count anything. But it's enough for me to know that your pants are drippy draggy.

chicken piccanta sounds wonderful. Where's the recipe? Online I find ones using Pace Piccante Sauce.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:54 AM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THANKS COWPERN----THE BEAUTY OF A SORE THROAT IS ----------- NO HUNGER!!!---I ACTUALLY HAVE A COLD SO MY SMELLER IS NOT WORKING---ALSO GOOD FOR APPETITE SUPPRESSING!!!----THE CHICKEN DOES SOUND LOVELY BUT I AM TOO LAZY TO BUY NASTURIUM SEEDS---I CAN GO PICK SOME IN THE GARDEN THOUGH.-----have to go and find carpet to match Devil's red---------hope you feel better soon Pernsie.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:50 AM   #4  
fatter than U

Talking Up, snakes, and crawl!

Remember that?

Way to go Bagzie! You'll be the hottest babe in the Maritimes if you keep it up.

Poor Peachy! My throat is sore too. Not quite the flu but almost. you know that feeling?

I can TOTALLY relate to the insomnia, Lohlushy. Woke up this morning at 3 a.m. drenched in sweat. Bleh. Had a nap this afternoon. Still feel like cr*p.

I was 153 this morning. Think I can get down to 145 before mid-October? No counting points. Just a three-day headache . Tonight I'm making stuffed Chinese cabbage rolls which I know everyone will just hate. I like trying new things. All the more for meeeee.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Default Maybe look here?

It's what's for dinner
Old 09-22-2003, 10:51 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

I like the Flex Points too!!! I lost a whopping 1.2 lbs (which shows up as 2 lbs on my scale @ home) but that's okay...it's going in the right direction.

BAGZZ...Whoa, that looks good...Snickers Pie.
What else ya got??? (PMSing here)

Dancing cows were udderly adorable!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:55 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

that is the best site, Sugar. Why didnt' it come up for me? By the way, we have the same ailment. I feel achy and fevery but not so much. I'm home today anyhow.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #8  
cow with the double chin

Default Hmmm...chicken and zuchini?

Peachdish, can you give me a little more info on the dish, did it involve mushroom soup? I am thinking.

Lohani, I like that idea of getting up and doing something. I will have to try that. The last few nights I have taken granny's sleeping pills, don't want to get into that habit.

Today I must register to vote so that I can vote in the "Kick Gray Davis in the arse and throw him over a bridge" election. That guy is nuts.

I am with you Peachdish and SugP, I have the sickness too. DS had it last week, I have it, and then I am sure pumpkin will get it just in time for me to start working .

Oh well, must go fax resumes now. Will find somewhere to register to vote, but I don't think it shall be a problem considering today is the last day if you want to vote in the "Kick Gray Davis in the arse and throw him over a bridge" . Should be little tables set up everywhere.

OHHHH!!!!! Guess what!! Cows, your attention please!!! XSO is finally gone!! Packed up his ratty old car and moved to Palm Springs to be with his mom. She has confirmed that he made it. She is scared to death, doesn't want him there. I fear for you. Sooooooooooooooo, after all of these years, the *** is 10 hours away. I am sad for pumpkin, but you know what? I feel like I can breath, like a ton of bricks is lifted off of my shoulders. I don't have to look outside everytime a car goes by to make sure it is not him. Little missy can start playing outside!! (supervised, but still, it will be easier!)

Ok.....off to register and fax. Then to deal with unemployment. Will there be something of amusement here when I get back?
Old 09-22-2003, 01:51 PM   #9  

I'm afraid to come hang out with you sickly cows. I hope it's not catching.

Bagzie! you go girl!!! You be one hot mama! And KittyKat, I like my own scales much better than the evil WW scales too.

Lush, if I weren't so tired I'd get up in the middle of the night and get something done too. My favorite waking time seems to be 3:30 am to 5:30 am (alarm goes off at 6). Of course I do much better if I don't nap in the middle of the day, Sunday afternoons are for napping, though, right?

Saw Second Hand Lions w/ Michael Caine & Robt. Duval and that cute Joel Hayley Osmond kid, who is at that gangley age. It was only OK. Could have been better.

Sugar, I'd eat cabbage rolls with you. Yummmm. What is happening in the middle of October that 145 is required? Your trip? I'd think 145 is doable by then.

We went out in the new-to-us boat on Saturday afternoon, just for a pleasure trip, no fishing allowed. I guess its ok after all, especially since DH sold his old boat already and this one is nicer and more comfortable for me, which is what it's all about. me. me. me. It was a beautiful day, we're having perfect weather. No frost here yet. It's supposed to hit 80 degrees again today. This is why I put up with the gray and drippy months here. That and no hurricanes or tornados.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:31 PM   #10  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Hi, I remember "Up snakes and crawl" what was her name???? she was from Bagzie's neck of the woods, wasn't she?

Peaches...chicken piccata...did I say picante?....is just chicken breasts pounded with lemon, flour and parsley, then cooked in a non-stick pan. Then you saute onions, green onions, more parsley and garlic in wine or sherry with some lemon juice mixed in. Once that mixture is clear, you put the chicken in, add a little chicken broth, some capers....let cook then add a roux to thicken. When in doubt add more lemon and more capers.

Dh just went to a meeting then came home today. No matter what I did in the wee hours when I was awake, I look lazy once it is daylight and I'm a lump. That is the problem with insomnia.....public perception. The good news is that my wash is done and I cleaned under the stove. What a girl.

Painty, you should post here. I'm sure we're more fun than your other club.

I'm sorry everyone is sick. Put a shot in a cup of tea and call me in the morning. Wabby, you and I should go enjoy being the healthy ones...Let's go have Bunco on your boat.

Sugar, I never make anything different for dinner. I admire the effort...I love cabbage rolls. Everyone here would love them.....but they require more than a mid afternoon trip to the butcher followed by 10 minutes prep. That's all I'm good for...I do put the rice in the cooker early, but it turns itself off, so that doesn't count.

Muffie, good for you getting rid of XSO. HI Kat.

Bagz, I'm doing well with the points, too. My pants don't hurt(as badly) and I have not had to buy new ones. Good for me.

Must go...Dh is whirling around here being productive.....I feel guilty for sitting here. L
Old 09-22-2003, 02:49 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Muf, it involved chicken and rice and zucchini and onions and garlic. I don't think it had soup. Was delish. I found a similar recipe and made it this week but this one used parmesan and i don't think yours did.

I am still sick. I have stayed in the bed with the two cats reading "Along Came A Spider" today. It's so good. I expected it to be boring and full of who-cares details. Instead, it's snappy like when the grandma tells the detective he better quit swearing if he wants to live in THIS HOUSE and he replies "Granny, I own the house."

Tonight is boy scouts and I don't want to go but I am obligated. I think I'l inflict on ds and tell him that we'll go IF he has done ANYTHING toward advancement (Eagle is the goal here) that needs to be checked off. If not, let's stay home. The problem with this kid is that he won't talk and won't confront and therefore gets confused and lets it stay that way. Confused. Gets nowhere.

Muf, what's the ex-mil going to do? This is scary thing of our times that mentally ill and dangerous people are given their full rights of being free and having possessions. A know a woman whose husband is probably schizophrenic and has threated suicide with a gun in front of his little granddaughter. The gun was taken away by the wife when she left (he threw her out) and she gave it to the police because he tormented her to get it back. They handed it right back to him. This was after THEY Baker Acted him into a center for a few days.

Is counting points hard? If you have a dish that's rice, chicken, zucchini, onion, mushroom, tomato, olive oil, how do you figure the points?

My new short hairdo looks like an old lady do. I may stay in bed til it grows.

color = dandruff

LushFlakes, I looked up and down the ceral aisle and couldn't find the roux.

I remember Up Snakes and Crawl. Sock!

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-22-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #12  

McDonald's grilled chicken cobb salad w/ lowfat vinagrette has bitterly disappointed me. They just can't turn out a decent low fat meal. They still have the best fries.

Cowper, I'm sure the new 'do looks stylish and not old ladyish in the least. New 'dos just need a little adjustment time, until you learn to work with them. How did the color turn out? Can't you use the not feeling well excuse for the Scout thingie tonight? You need to take advantage of feeling crumby. At least get that much out of it.

Muffie, good that you feel a little more secure now that the ex is miles away.

Lohani, how do you pound the chicken breast w/ lemon? Is it that lemon pepper seasoning or lemon zest? Sounds like a good one to try. I made a turkey breast that had been marinated in lemon-herb mixture from Costco. I mean it comes all premarinated in a baggie thing. You just bake it for 1 1/2 hrs, and it comes out all delish. DH was in heaven - first homemade meal he'd had all week. He'd gone fishing on sunday and I was counting on baking salmon for dinner, but no luck. Supposedly the Columbia river is loaded with fish right now, you can't tell by what the DH is bringing home.

I don't remember the snake and crawl person, and I have no idea what this Sock! thing is. You ppl are way too deep for me.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #13  
loves kleenex box art

all alone in my beautiful house with good cat sitting on overstuffed chair watching it rain. So pleasant.

Sock!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
that is the best site, Sugar. Why didnt' it come up for me?
spelling, dahling. picante=red stuff from a jar -- piccata=lemony way to fix chicken

um. I don't think you'll find roux in the grocery store. A roux is a sauce that is thickened with flour by cooking it down a bit.

The chicken piccata does sound awfully awfully good. I once made a dish like that, might have been the same thing, and I made the mistake of cooking it in a cast iron skillet. The lemon sauce picked up iron from the skillet and it was VILE tasting! So don't use a cast iron skillet. To this day, DH looks suspiciously at anything with a lemon sauce.

I was supposed to go with DH and his parents today for a jaunt up to NB to poke around in old graveyards in a little town that his ancestors came from. I really was going to go, but I woke up at 5:00 this morning with a migraine. No way can I face 12 hours in a car with in-laws with a migraine. So I stayed home. And slept almost the entire day. This new migraine drug I have, Relpax, is very effective, but it makes me tired. What a wasted day. Well, except for the sleeping.

Everybody's counting points! It sounds too hard to me. I'm counting steps instead. With my handy-dandy little pedometer. It's amazing how far you walk every even without a real walk thrown in. About a mile. And I'm wearing jeans that hurt to wear just a month or so ago, too!

Kiwi
Old 09-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #15  
cow with the double chin

Default I think I remember now Peacherpernia

Saute boneless skinless chicken breast (after cutting into chunks), onions and garlic in olive oil. Add your chopped zuchini, when the chicken is almost done. When the zuchinni gets to the consitency of your liking, add chopped fresh tomatoe or a can of chopped stewed tomotaoes, any flavor of your liking. Serve over rice. Of course, I always add a chopped chili pepper such as a jalapeno with veins and seeds removed. Hope that helps!

Juse guys would not believe the day today. All hades is getting ready to break with the unemployment situation for the ex boss. I spent two hours on the phone with them today. IF I can find my W2 in all of these boxes I didn't think I needed to unpack....yea I know, bad muffie....I should be able to go down and at least get some benefits. That would be nice since rent is fastly approaching!!

My affirmation:

I will take this as a lesson in many ways. I will stay focused and not get down. I am a good employee, know my stuff, and will be hired by the end of the week. The events of the last couple of weeks will (once again) set me on a new and better path.

YEA TO BAGZILLA FOR LOSING!!!!

No time to preview, excuse any grammar errors. Thank you so kindly.
Closed Thread