3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias — #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/322988-steel-magnolias-%97-6-a.html)

Jean 04-17-2021 11:48 AM

Steel Magnolias — #6

Good Morning! The sun is sort of shining but there is cloud cover too. It's another cool day and the furnace is running. Ian had a winning ball game last night, love the 10 run rule so we were home early. Early was a little after 10! I have laundry in the washer and need to vacuum, maybe even dust. Otherwise not much is planned for today. Tomorrow is church with a member giving the message. She and her husband were missionaries, he was a surgeon and she a nurse. She always has good thoughts to share. Our pastor had surgery at Mayo so haven't heard if he is home yet.

Ceejay, I never minded mowing with a push mower but have no clue how to start the rider. Bob is fussy about mowing so I just let him have at it. Have fun with the children this weekend, I know how much you enjoy seeing them. I’m glad you like your new “look.” Doing anything different with my hair, in my younger years, made me nervous for fear I wouldn’t like it. My mom always said it would grow out and it always did. ;)

Hope you have a super day and enjoy your weekend! :wave:

Jean 04-20-2021 12:27 PM

Good Morning! We had ten minutes of sunshine this morning then the clouds took over. It was 26 degrees when I came downstairs this morning. :brr: Squirrels have been licking frozen water trying to get a drink. Kolby turned 16 yesterday and we went over for a birthday supper. He has grown 7" since September! Of course he is taller than I am; everyone is taller than I am except Beth and she is just a smidge shorter. Maddy is taking either the SAT or ACT exam today, can't remember which. She said she was nervous because she missed the help class due to a choir practice conflict. I have a much needed haircut and perm this afternoon. Was tempted to skip the perm but my hair has no body and so thin. Not much else is newsy so hope you are having a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

ceejay52 04-20-2021 12:37 PM

It's snowing this morning. I can't believe it. But it was predicted!
The weekend was good. The kiddo's kept me busy. Sis had a melt down on Saturday morning and was not good after that so it was pretty much up to me to see after the kids. I didn't mind. The 19 month old was really fun. The boys entertained themselves with video game. Wish A could have been here.
Pushed mowed the yard again yesterday. Rider is still in the shop. When I called last week he said it might be two more weeks as he is snowed under. From now on I will have it done in the fall.
I need a rest day but that will come tomorrow. I have a board meeting at church tomorrow night. I have some inside projects to work on today and I'm making a pot of soup.

Hi Jean, and gma

Jean 04-20-2021 05:51 PM

Ceejay, today is definitely a soup kind of day! What kind did you make? :T

ceejay52 04-21-2021 11:38 AM

Jean
I made vegetable beef with a side of cornbread. It was good
---------------
All the snow was gone this morning but we had a frost. I'm not sure how cold it got over night but when I got up it was 32 degree's.
I cannot believe how sis is "falling" for a guy she has never met. She's acting 16 but her 68 year old body can not keep up. I'm laughing at her. I told her last night that she is infatuated not "in love". The guy she's in love with lives close to Abilene, TX. She's got a date next week end with a guy from Kansas City, MO. I got a feeling I will not see her next weekend at all. It's her life.
I have my first board meeting at church tonight. I will see how that goes.
I need to Swiffer the floors so I best get to it.

ceejay52 04-22-2021 11:37 AM

on my phone

Morning
Spent the night in Ash grove last night after a church board meeting.
We had a frost this morning. It was 32 when I got up.
Went to the grocery store and got a few things for breakfast and lunch. I'll be staying here until late this afternoon. I'm going to work on weeding between the flagstone patio.

Jean 04-22-2021 12:31 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining and it is a beautiful "warm" day, with no wind, in my neighborhood. After snow, wind, and cold yesterday this is much appreciated. I am washing cat bedding and garage towels (not together) this morning. I always run the cat blankets in the dryer, on air first, to get rid of excess fur then wash them. I should do it more often but have to be in the mood to clean out fur from the washer and dryer afterwards. A good job to have done! I should vacuum and make a grocery list. We found another house for sale Yesterday so Bob called the realtor. It sold on the same day it was listed. :( I came home and looked at all the stuff I need to sort through and get rid of, made me tired just thinking about it. I have gotten rid of a lot but not near enough.

Ceejay, it’s nice you could stay in Ash Grove after your church meeting. How far is it from where you live to your church? You are definitely the queen of lawn care! :cheer:

Dryer should be done and I need to keep moving. Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday! :wave:

ceejay52 04-23-2021 01:53 PM

Morning
I got a lot done yesterday at the house in Ash Grove. May do that more often. The person that mowed the lawn is doing a really good job.
Sis and I going to Branson to check out things at the condo and then out to eat at Ruby Tuesday. I love that place.
Nephew A is staying until around June 1st at the rehab in Florida.
The kids will get to stay over Saturday night again. but this time not as long.

Jean
I live about 30 minutes from my church. I'm out of groceries and need to make a list.

ceejay52 04-24-2021 10:08 PM

On my tablet

The boys are hear again tonight. They are playing video games. Their baby sister dint want to stay but thats okay.
Sis and i went back to ash grove this morning. She told me i cojld ha ve a yellow chair that i wanted for the bedroom.
More later.

Jean 04-26-2021 03:31 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, a minute breeze is playing the wind chimes, and it's a warm 73 degrees outside. It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood! Yesterday we had a light mist, rain, snow, and hail all within an hour before leaving for church, then sunshine in the afternoon. We didn't have much to count this morning so I was done at church in record time. Our pastor had his surgery last week with no radiation nor chemo needed. He is "gone" from church for four weeks so had our retired school superintendent speak yesterday. He related the Bible verse of the day to everyday living and is a very good speaker. Next week is a dingbat, drama queen, professor from the college so we are going to pass. The college is eliminating her theater major so hopefully she will leave town. She is also in the bell choir and left town on a Sunday we were scheduled to play, without getting a sub or telling the director. She is not one of my favorite people! I stopped by the hospital to drop off an invoice check and headed home to do more laundry. Ian and Zowie have their spring band concert tonight so we are heading that direction later this afternoon. Seniors will be recognized so Ian will stand for that as well as receiving first place recognition in a couple of contest pieces.

Ceejay, a yellow chair will be bright and cheery in a bedroom. Glad you enjoying seeing your great nephews and niece.

Otherwise things are pretty much hohum and the same around here. Hope you are enjoying a nice day! :wave:

ceejay52 04-27-2021 10:49 AM

Looks like my last post was garbled. I'll try to do better.
Sunday was okay. Church isn't the same with a new plan format for our worship service in place for covid. I'm ready to get back to normal. We ate lunch at Applebee's which was really good.
Yesterday I pushed mowed the yard and I'm beat today. I'm ready for the rider to come home. Will call about it sometime this week.
Will be going back out to Ash Grove to take some things to my sissy's accountant and work some more either in the house or on the patio.

Jean
I lover band concerts.

Jean 04-27-2021 07:28 PM

Ceejay, last night’s concert didn’t start until 8:00 because all (5/6th, 7/8th, and 9/12) the bands performed in divided time slots. This is the first time Ian and Zowie have been in the same time slot. I like not being so crowded but don’t like it being so late getting home. The concert was very good and seniors were recognized at the end. We always wait to see the kids afterwards, then stop for gas and munchies before heading home. It was a little after midnight when we got home and I have been dragging today! We picked up the other grandmother on our way, which is a few minutes out of our way. I know I wouldn’t like driving by myself two and a half hours at night. Applebees is a favorite of mine! :T Enjoy your evening! :wave:

ceejay52 04-28-2021 10:52 AM

Morning
It's raining this morning but it is needed so I will not complain.
Went to Ash Grove yesterday to take sissy's paper work to the accountant. While there I weeded the flower bed out front. It looks a lot better. While in Ash Grove my niece calls to tell me they are planning on moving back to Missouri. She said that when they do get back I could have Miley, her cat that I fostered for about a year.
I got my rider back yesterday afternoon also. Made me a happy camper.

Jean
That was very sweet of you and dh to give a ride to the other grandmother so she would be able to attend the concert.. Have a great day.

Jean 04-28-2021 03:56 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it's another nice day although not as warm as yesterday. I would love to open the sliding door but have a feeling Baby would be hanging at the top of the screen. I dusted and vacuumed this morning and feel like a nap now. I took Benedryl this morning so that may be the reason I feel so sleepy. I need to go to WM but will put that off until tomorrow morning. I have an appointment for my itchy eyes tomorrow also. The allergist I went to has retired and I just don't want to start over with another one, plus having to drive to Sioux City for the visit.

Ceejay, I think you would enjoy having Miley come live with you! :yes: :D We had some rain during the night but not enough to keep the farmers out of the fields. Now it can warm up so the crops can start growing!

I have towels in the dryer that should be done so better keep moving or I will fall asleep sitting here. Enjoy the rest of the day! :wave:

ceejay52 04-29-2021 11:16 AM

Morning
It rained most of the day yesterday. And for some reason I was depressed and had a headache. I told myself to get out of the house for a break and I usually don't like driving in the rain but I did. I wanted a Burger from burger King so that was my destination. but I missed my exit and in the wrong lane to go straight so I had to take a road that I literally hate and then got lost so-o I drove around trying to find some place to correct myself. And of course when I did find those places the traffic was to heavy for me to change lanes. ugh. I ended up north of Springfield on a highway that I'd never driven on but I watched the signs and finally saw something familiar. I had to take a cow path as I call them back to the other side of the highway but an hour later I got my food and was back home. Text with my bff for a bit and told her I had a headache and was going to lay down. I did and went to sleep. I was asleep when sis got home and she looked worried about me. Said my face was flushed. Told her i had a headache which by then felt like a migraine. She ordered a pizza and it was so good. Still have a bit of a headache this morning but not bad. I'll take some more Tylenol for that.
This afternoon I'm going to take my vehicle to be serviced but I do know where that is.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to complain some more about the shortness of breath. It's worse when I exert myself.

Jean
I understand about finding a new doctor of any kind. And Benedryl would make me drowsy.