Old 04-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #16  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, it's warming up to 70+ this afternoon, and breezy. I've been to the grocery store and they have their flower/plant tent set up. The prices have gone up right along with groceries. I didn't buy any but want Bob to go back with me to look. Stopped at the drugstore where they ordered some allergy eye wipes for me. The item is a small box but came packed in a much large box with several bubble sheets. Last stop was the hospital to pick up gift shop money. We have a double header ball game Sunday morning so will need to organize myself for Monday tomorrow. Amanda's birthday is Tuesday so will take her out for lunch or supper after the games. We have a PEO breakfast at 9:30 but since we have to wear masks and social distance, breakfast will be sent home with us in carry out fashion. I'm anticipating a muffin and a fruit cup where we usually have nice table settings and fancier food. I will count church money first and if I don't get done will have to go back and finish after the meeting. I'd rather not have more than one event going on in one day but it is what it is.

Ceejay, I sometimes think the changing weather can cause a headache, barometric pressure or some such thing. Hope yours is long gone by now! I’m glad you found your way after missing your exit. Driving where I don’t know where I’m going makes me nervous. When we lived in big cities we would make a trial run if we needed to be someplace at a certain time. That was long before GPS and cell phones. The Benedryl did make me sleepy but a lot of it was the late night before. I wake up at my usual time no matter what time I go to bed but I can always snooze later.

Hope you are enjoying a nice sunny day and doing something you enjoy.

Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
My cousin and his wife are in town so we are going to have lunch with them today. It will be good to see them.
Sis's date went okay last night. It was good for her to get out. She said this man was NOT for her.
Going to be working in my flower bed this afternoon. It needs it and I want to be out in the sunshine.
I've had my ac on this week. I don't mind having the doors open but it doesn't cool the whole house.
I had a good doctor's visit yesterday. He still wants me to have a stress test so he's ordering a different kind to see if the insurance will pay for this one. He also did an EKG which was normal. I think everything is going to boil down to my weight. I told him that sis told me that it was my weight causing me to be huffy puffy. But he wants to make double sure. He did tell me my asthma may have something to do with it. Told him I was lax in exercise during first part of COVID. I went to the gym yesterday after Dr's appointment.

Jean
I like to go to baseball games but not during the hot part of summer.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #18  

Good Evening! We got over an inch of rain during the night along with lots of lightning and very loud thunder in the evening. The rain amounts around the area were interesting, from nothing a mile north to three inches a couple miles south. The wind came up this afternoon so it's been chilly. Church counting was fast again this morning and then I went to the PEO May breakfast. We met in what used to be a funeral home with a large room, hard floors, and very echoing. It was hard to hear. Now the international powers to be have changed the rules again; the secretary can't read the minutes out loud but the treasurer can take roll call and give her monthly report out loud. We had to wear masks and social distance sitting at large round tables. Stupid imo! Anyhow, our sack breakfast was a clementine, an egg muffin, and an oatmeal cookie with jam in the center. Breakfast was the best part of the whole meeting! I stopped by the bank to make the gift shop deposit, then the hospital to leave a check. I've been doing laundry this afternoon. Yesterday Ian's team won 15-0 after four innings which is even better than the ten run rule! It started to rain just as we got to the car. Tomorrow is Amanda's birthday so we treated her to lunch after the game and were on our way home by 2:00. That time frame is much better than midnight!

Ceejay, I hope you are able to get the stress test this time. Hopefully it will give your doctor some answers he is looking for. Ian’s home games are always like here and windy! I was going to take a sweatshirt to the game but it was nice here when we were ready to leave, sunny and warm, so I didn’t. I did take a nylon jacket but wished I would have had my sweatshirt! The sun disappeared shortly after the game started and it was windy enough that I was cold across my neck and shoulders. I was glad I at least had my jacket! Have fun with your flowers!

Not much else is newsy from here. Enjoy your evening!

Old 05-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #19  

Saturday we ate lunch and visited with my cousin and his wife. It was good time. Sunday we went to church and the crowd is picking back up. I'm happy to see that. There is two that I don't think will come back but sure wish they would. Sis and I stopped by burger king on the way home. By that time I had a huge headache and laid down. It felt like a migraine but sis seems to think it's coming from the severe arthritis in my neck. It hurts continuously.
I should have gotten my rx's refilled and mowed the yard yesterday but didn't have any energy. Sis told me to take Aleve from now on.
I'm surprised that I've lot 3 pounds this week, but I will take it.
Doctor told me he would call the insurance company to ask about another kind of stress test. I haven't heard back from him on that.
We had a thunderstorm last night and more rain on the way today.

Jean
have a great day
Old 05-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #20  

Good Evening! The sun is slowly closing out another day. I went to get my nails done first thing this morning and then we headed to Sioux City with a list for several stores. We had about $30 worth of rebates from a store that regularly has 11% off everything and they carry just about everything from building materials to some packaged/canned foods to pet supplies, large appliances, and paint. Right now there is garden and yard decorating things, flowers, dirt, pots, etc. We got a couple flowers to put in pots on the deck. They should last since we won't have kittens playing in them. The squirrels sometimes plant their peanuts though. I still haven't found oriental flavored ramen noodle soup except on Amazon and I'd have to order a bunch. Amanda wants me to make the cabbage salad for after graduation family lunch.

Ceejay, I’m glad you got to see your cousin and his wife. Do they come just to see you or live close by? I hope your next is feeling better, glad the Aleve helps. Is that ibuprofen? I’ve never taken it and lucky to not need anything very often.

Not much else is newsy from here. Have a nice evening!
Old 05-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #21  

Happy Saturday! It has rained most of the day and we need it but so gloomy, windy, and cold. I have had one of those days where the "hurrier I go, the behinder I get!" I did strip the bed, washed the sheets, and put it back together. I also got the gift shop deposit ready for Monday. For whatever reason I tossed 'n turned last night and felt like I didn't sleep at all when it was time to get up. I am ready for bed! Have a nice day tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2021, 08:44 PM   #22  

Evening
Church this morning was okay. Been better off if I had not gone. There may have been 15 people there. if that many. But it was probably due to the Thunderstorms and mother's day. And it is cool almost cold.
Nephew A is home from rehab. He looks really good. But not sure what his plans are going to be. He's not going to work on Monday and Tuesday trying to decide what to do. I really do not want to get involved with this again. He will be staying at the Ash Grove house so I'm not going to be doing anything out there for the time being.
Sis is going "hog wild" over a guy she met on eharmony. Maybe I should get on eharmony as well !!!!!!!! Am I just jealous or depressed. I'm not sure at the moment.
Sis put things in my vehicle to bring home to put in my shed. I don't have room for it and she has not gotten them out of the vehicle so I'll have to find room in the shed tomorrow.
I've been approved for an echo stress test that will be done on the 20th of this month.
More later. Think I'm depressed.

Old 05-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #23  

Morning
Not much of anything going on. Need to be outside working. but it's a bit cool.
More later.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's supposed to hit 60 this afternoon. It was a nippy 38 when I came downstairs this morning. We went to Ian's game last night, a five hour road trip for nothing because he didn't play. There are twelve seniors and he is one who rotates from time to time. Of course the coach's son never sits on the bench. There is another game further away Wednesday and then senior's night is Friday. We plan to go Friday and hope he will play. I've been doing laundry this morning and need to clean up the kitchen after fixing lunch.

Ceejay, I hope your nephew will do better at home this time. I understand why you want to keep your distance. I’m glad you will have the echo test although I have never heard of that. Not much exciting from here either.

I need to get the kitchen chores done then maybe read for a bit. I should vacuum too. Have a nice rest of the day!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #25  

It's been a beautiful day. Started out a bit cool but warmed up nicely. Weather people are predicting frost but I hope it doesn't. My peony is about to pop open.
Drove out to Ash Grove to take nephew A his mail for the past 3 months. He's supposed to start work tomorrow but I don't think he will. He said Friday but I don't think that will happen either. I took him my tablet for him to have something to communicate with as there is no internet or tv. This tablet has it's own internet.
Just called and ordered a pizza. I've been snacking since I got home so I'm not really hungry but there is always room for pizza.
The company came to spray for bugs this morning. I hope it does the work. Ant's have practically taken over the outside and have found their way inside as well.
A cardiologist from the hospital called this morning to tell me not to take my blood pressure med 3 days before the stress test.

Jean
That's sad that Ian didn't get to play. The coach should have rotated all seniors.
I started trimming the bushes yesterday but didn't get very far. Trimming bushes is a good upper body work out. My shoulders got very tired. I'll do more tomorrow. Also need to mow.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:32 PM   #26  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, a slight breeze is blowing the wind chimes, and it's warming up to 75 this afternoon. Bob says it is finally shorts weather! May is really flying by fast, and will be over before we know it. We went to Ian's game last night; another win for the team and Ian walked home on a balk but we'll take it. I love the 5:30 games when we are home earlier. I was ambitious this morning and made a potato salad before I got the day going. I read a hint to peel and cut the potatoes, then boil them, and it worked perfect. Before I would boil the whole potato and try to second guess when they were done all the way through. The sheets are in the washer and brats are ready for the grill. I need to dust and vacuum after lunch. That is a waste of my valuable energy since it all comes back again.

Ceejay, I hope your nephew is/was able to go back to work. It’s so nice of you to lend him your tablet. I’m sure he appreciates it with no tv available. It’s interesting you aren’t supposed to take your bp meds before the stress test. The pitcher was pitching a no hitter game and that’s why Ian didn’t play in that one game. We found out last night two of the four coaches have sophomore sons playing and they have played every game. The third coach’s son is a hit and miss hitter but always plays. He slams the bat on the ground on his way back to the dugout when he strikes out. Jason can’t express his opinion because he is vp on the sports board and running for re-election on the school board. Good luck with the ants!

Hope you enjoy a nice have a great weekend!

just all settles back in again, too soon!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #27  

Default on my phone

It was a sad weekend for me. it concerns nephew and his mom. I'll just say more drama. and that relationship is highly toxic.
Talked to my sis that lives in Georgia. Her hubby is in the beginning stages of dementia and she is blind so im not sure what will happen there.
The cardiologist called last week and told me not to take my blood pressure med 3 days before my test. im not sure why but I will follow the orders.
It rained early this morning .
My peonies are finally in bloom.. My favorite flower..

Jean
have you heard from gma22?
Old 05-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #28  

Good Morning! It's another gloomy, foggy but "warm" morning in my neighborhood. The weather guesser says showers this afternoon so I hope the system moves on through before Saturday graduation. I need to play catch up today after a baseball game Monday night and concert last night. Have a load in the washer and another load waiting, need to double check my ingredients needed for Saturday and make a list, then vacuum the dust/fur bunnies.

Ceejay, do your peonies attract flies? We had them by our back door in our other house and the flies were a nuisance coming in the house. We ended up transplanting them which didn’t work and they died. It sounds like both of your sisters have challenges to deal with. So sad for both. I see “Gma” on FB from time to time. Are you on FB? I looked one time but didn’t find you.

I'm off to finish makeup and scoop potty boxes! Hope you enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!

Old 05-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #29  

Default On the tablett

HI Jean
Yes im on FB as Jeanette Lenderman. My peonies are by the fence so the flies do not bother me. Right now the house feels like the ants are swallowing up the house. im in ash grove at the moment. Going to a board meeting tonight at church
I Ttext with male friend who didnt let me know he was sick. He took an ambulance to the ER thinking he was having a stroke. He said the CT didnt show any sign of that ut the doctor put him on a bp med and cholesterol med He does have a clogged artery.
Now i knnow what happened out here last weekend. Thankful that i was not here to witness it. He left the garage a mess and she didnt have a garage to park in.. He had been cleaning out the garage and that was her excuse to cast him out on his ear. From all the information gathered he went back to rehab. I think that is his safe haven. Im sure it wasnt a pretty sight.
need to change the sheets so ill have a place to sleep tonight
Old 05-21-2021, 04:34 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! We finally have sunshine this afternoon after clouds and rain every day this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny too. I have been cleaning veggies to take tomorrow and have to make my salad yet. Amanda asked for "Morningside Jello" which is simply finger Jello. I used to make it all the time when the kids were little. The story goes that when we were in college the cafeteria Jello could be picked up without falling apart. She thought it appropriate since Ian will be going to Morningside. They are serving a brunch for friends in the morning and then grilling for relatives after the ceremony. It will be a long day but fun. Bob's MT brother and wife are coming and will be here late Sunday afternoon after visiting the lake. They want to go on to Sioux City and see friends they knew when they lived there. Also plan to pay respects to the family garage which is no more. My house isn't ready for inspection but will hit the high spots before they get here. I just hope Baby is a good girl!

Ceejay, I found you on FB, I think. Check and see if my “hi” came through. That is scary about your friend! I hope the meds help and he can have surgery for the artery. It’s too bad your nephew and sister are at odds. I feel bad for them both. When you mention Ash Grove it made me think of our ash tree. It is losing leaves like mad. We had it trimmed last fall and the tree expert thought we should have it treated for the bug this spring. It’s not looking very promising to save it. The treatment is once a year but I don’t remember if it’s three years or more. The problem is that you have to water it a lot if it doesn’t rain plus not be able to tell if the treatment is working. It’s our shade tree in front so will miss it.

I keep thinking Monday is Memorial Day because our local graduation is always that weekend. I wish it was because I could use an extra day. Have a nice weekend and enjoy!