3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias — #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/322381-steel-magnolias-%97-4-a.html)

Jean 02-10-2021 06:15 PM

Steel Magnolias — #4

Good Afternoon! The sun has been shining all day, NO wind, and it actually felt like spring, 10 degrees on the car this afternoon when I took Baby to the vet. She is being spayed tomorrow morning and I’m sure Ernie is enjoying peace and quiet. She has been crawling on him and nipping his ears trying to get his attention. Obviously he’s not interested in her shenanigans! :lol: I’ve spent the afternoon making casseroles and looking for bar recipes online.

Ceejay, taco soup sounds good. This is definitely soup kind of weather! Bob is off getting his COVID shot and I get mine Friday. We are going to have below 0 temperatures for a few days including the weekend. Bob’s birthday is Sunday and when I asked, he said he wished we could be in Maui where it is warm. Me too!

I need to get my casseroles in the freezer and clean up my prep mess. Not sure what is for supper, I think we finally ate all the leftovers. :D Hope you have a nice evening! :wave:

ceejay52 02-11-2021 11:31 AM

Jean
We are supposed to have those low temperatures this week end. It's snowing now, little bitty flakes. I dread the 0 degree temperatures.
I'm going to get on line to see if I can find a spot to get my COVID vaccine.

-------------------------
I decided to do something new and try online grocery shopping. I didn't want to get out and risk a fall so I ordered online at WM and they now have a delivery service. Should be here by noon. I for some reason ordered it express. Yes, we do tip the driver and I would do that any way. Think I may start doing curb side. My bff has her groceries delivered.. She hasn't been out since COVID started.
Sis didn't go to work again today but with this weather and not knowing the roads I'm happy that she didn't. So far so good. She's working at home today.
We watched the impeachment trial for Trump. Very impressive. I watch because history is being made.
I'm going to unload the dishwasher and get some other things done.
Stay safe and warm.

Jean 02-11-2021 03:46 PM

Good Afternoon! It has been snowing lightly all day, -4, but no wind. Eleven years ago today we were in Maui, with our whole family, for Beth and Will's wedding. It was sunny and WARM! :D I did go get my nails done this morning in spite of the weather. Bob shampooed the area rugs so need to put furniture back when they are dry. He didn't even have a sore arm after his COVID shot yesterday. I hope I am as lucky!

Ceejay, my thoughts on the impeachment trial is it’s a waste of time and money so why bother when Trump isn’t President any more. I hope the defense points out the number of Democrats that were involved in the capital riot. Besides that, it has taken over daytime tv even though I don’t actually sit and watch anything. Hope your online shopping goes well and you get everything you ordered. :yes:

Not much else is newsy from here. I didn't sleep very well last night, kept thinking I was cold. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day! :wave:

Jean 02-12-2021 02:33 PM

Happy Friday! It's cloudy and cold with just a slight breeze, -8 and feels like -25 for those of you who want to know! I am finally home after a whirlwind morning. I had to dig around and find a top to wear for my COVID shot so I wouldn't have to undress in case there were any men around. It was all females but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. After I waited my 15 minutes I went to pick up a cookbook produced by a class in the Catholic School. I know there are a lot of good mom cooks there! It is supporting their school so even though I don't need a cookbook, bought one anyway. Then I went to pick up Baby and she howled all the way home, telling me she felt like she had been abandoned and I was a bad mom. The gals in Bob's office bought him fancy cupcakes for his birthday so I stopped there after leaving Baby at home. Bob offered to fix lunch out because he was hungry for a good hamburger. Our favorite quick hamburger place is still carry out only so we went to a bar that has good food. He got his huge cheeseburger and I had potato and bacon soup. Yum! Now I am home for the rest of the day, sitting here with a heating pad on my sore hip. Have no clue what I did but all of a sudden it hurts. Tylenol and ibuprofen help but going up stairs is a killer, going down not so bad. Our gas price just jumped 18 cents, "thank you Biden!" :mad:

Hope you are enjoying a nice day wherever you are; do something fun! :wave:

ceejay52 02-13-2021 06:57 PM

Afternoon
It's cold. and will get colder as night fall grows closer. I'm not looking forward to it at all.
Sis needed to get out to pay bills in Branson so I drove my vehicle since it has AWD but the roads were not that bad at all. Just cold and spitting snow. We also went by the condo to check on the reno. They got the carpet's up and cabinets out so it's a start. It looks different.
We ate lunch at Culver's a local burger place. Then drove out to Ash Grove to check on the house. Hope it survives this freezing cold.
Not much else is going on. We've finished watching the impeachment trial and of course Trump was acquitted.
Hello to every one.

Jean 02-14-2021 01:54 PM

Happy Valentine's Day! It's too coollldddd, -15 but feels like -39 with a 15 mph wind, :brr: but the sun is peeking out now. We went to church and there were a few other hardy souls who braved the weather. We went out for breakfast after church and now home for the rest of the day. I have laundry going and may go look at a "for sale" house Bob saw on FB. We drove by and it is on a postage stamp size lot, with a previous neighbor next door and a previous coworker/bell ringer on the back side. Either one could be a bit "iffy." If one of the two bathrooms is in the basement I am not interested! This town is known for sewer backup when there is a lot of rain. At least in this house we know what challenges we have.

Ceejay, we go to Culver’s in Sioux Falls after soccer games. I really enjoy eating there and they are always busy. With some of the Republicans bailing out on Trump I thought maybe the Dems would succeed in the impeachment. Such a waste of time and money, imo, when he is no longer president. :rolleyes:

Dryer should be done so on to the next load. Hope you are enjoying a nice day! :wave:

gma22 02-15-2021 09:15 AM

Good morning! Our internet has been out for a week and I’ve only been able to get into some websites. For some reason, I couldn’t get in here. It would take forever to load, then it would drop it. We finally got our internet back last night.

It is 11 degrees here and below zero windchill. We have snow and ice and are going to get 5-11 inches more today. Temps won’t go back to normal until next week. Jack is off today for Presidents’ Day, but he’ll go back to work tomorrow and in the dark, which really worries me. People here do not adjust their speed, follow too close, and generally have no clue how to drive in bad weather. I trust him, not others. I have a pr of sandals to send back to QVC, but I told Jack to wait until next week to mail the box back because of the weather.

I was hoping I’d get the yarn I ordered to make my sil a hat and mittens for her birthday, but it won’t be here until tomorrow. It has three colors so am doing it in different pinks.

CeeJay: I too think the impeachment was a huge waste of money. The democrats knew they didn’t have the votes, but they were bent on embarrassing him. We do grocery order, but we’ve found they screw up more than they get it right and they don’t get everything on your order. Jack did shopping a couple days ago, had a long list and got everything on it. We never get everything when we do a pick up.

Jean: Wickedly cold here too. Hope Bob had a nice birthday. Have you been thinking about moving? You have such a pretty house, (I looked it up on Google Earth.) :lol: I saw the Iowa governor has rescinded the mask requirements in Iowa. Jack can’t even get an appt fir his covid shot as they stay booked and they keep running out. People sit in their cars for hours to get them. Hopefully within a couple months they’ll have more.

Everyone take care with this weather this week.

ceejay52 02-15-2021 10:57 AM

Morning
Thankful to have electricity this morning. We were put on curtailment last night for gas. They say gas wells are freezing. Temperature wise it's a -4 and wind chills are at -37, and snowing. We have about 3 inches of snow so far.
Sis is staying home again but I don't want her out on this stuff. She's working from home and may be here all week. The weather is going to be cold and bad this week. To be honest I have enjoyed having her here. I'm a worry wart and it's been a comfort to me. We are getting along better.
Made a fire in the fireplace yesterday. Think I surprised sis that I could actually do it. One thing nephew taught me. I've scheduled a time to get my COVID vaccine but the weather is not going to permit me to go. I'll call to reschedule in a few minutes. It's for tomorrow.

Jean
My on line grocery shopping was a great experience. Got everything I asked for and delivered to my door.

Gma
I thought that you were taking care of DH. Glad you were able to get back online. Missed you

Jean 02-16-2021 11:56 AM

Good Morning! The sun is shining, no wind, and the car said -24 :brr: on my way to count church money. I wouldn’t even guess what it would “feel like!” We aren't supposed to get above 0 today and the early tv news said to conserve energy to prevent power outages. That is scary in this kind of weather! I'm glad there wasn't much money to count because the office was so cold. The cleaning lady said they had trouble with the furnace yesterday. We have more than one and they are run by computers but it seems like they are always having trouble with different parts of the building. After I was done at church I did a couple other errands and headed home.

“Gma,” it is so frustrating when something doesn’t work! When we lose the internet it’s usually because someone ran into one of the connection boxes on the highway. I feel for anyone who has to fix something outside in this kind of weather. Bob thinks we need to move to all one level in case one of us can’t maneuver the stairs. I must admit I never gave it a thought until my mom had to use a walker. We don’t have a bathroom on the living room and kitchen level; steps to the basement, four steps up from the garage/front door/guest room/bath level, and more steps up to the bedrooms and bathroom from the living room. Lately acceptable houses have been sold by word of mouth and not listed with a realtor. Our neighbors put a bid in on a house which was accepted, but someone else offered more and got the house. I would think that would be illegal but they got away with it. Bob told him this is the better side of town. ;) We like our house for the most part and know we would miss the lake drive from town, the outside critters, etc. He likes his big yard.

Ceejay, I’m so glad you and your sister are getting along better! :D I was a little worried when you first mentioned she was going to move in with you while the condo was being remodeled. Bob is more apt to drive in questionable weather than I am, maybe because the pickup is bigger. We used to laugh at neighbors in Ohio who wouldn’t drive anywhere if it was snowing, and there was never much of an accumulation. Hope you could go for your COVID shot.

I have a haircut after lunch and need to vacuum upstairs so better get busy. Have a terrific Tuesday! :wave:

Jean 02-17-2021 10:47 AM

Good Morning! It's cloudy, snowing, :mad:, and 3 degrees above 0. We are supposed to hit 8 above today. :woohoo: The next few days are predicted to be cloudy; I would take the sunshine and cold instead. So glad we don't live in Texas right now! Have a nice day! :wave:

ceejay52 02-17-2021 10:55 AM

It is snowing again but the wind has changed direction from north to south to southeast. The temperatures are warmer too. 12 above zero. I haven't been out since last Friday. I canceled my dentist appointment for yesterday and am not going to get the COVID vaccine this morning. I called to reschedule but they are not doing that. I'm on a wait list at my pharmacy but they haven't gotten the vaccine.
Cleaned the living room yesterday.
We've been asked to lower the thermostat's and I've have mine on 66 any way and have been on rolling black outs for the city utility company but I'm on a different utility company but I'm still trying to conserve. Since sis had he heat and air put in last year this thing will run you out if it's on 70 degree's.

Jean
I admire you for getting out in this cold weather. We may try tomorrow to see how the roads are
More later

ceejay52 02-19-2021 03:10 PM

Had to find the thread. It had fallen off the page.
The snow is still here but right now the sun is shining and warming things up to 29 degree's. I will take it.
I have a small load of white clothes in the dryer.
I've ridden the bike for about 15 minutes but the fit bit only show's 8 minutes. I'm disappointed.
Not much going on today. I'm getting antsy staying inside. but tomorrow the roads should be clear enough to get out and about.
Stay warm and safe.

Jean 02-19-2021 05:27 PM

Happy Friday! It is sunny and a brisk 19 degrees in my neighborhood this afternoon. It has been kind of a funny day. My gift shop boss called this morning to coordinate a money pick up time. I wasn't thinking about it being Friday and she took me by surprise as usually I call her. Then Bob called just as I got home and said he offered to buy lunch for the gals at the office and to come join them. When I got there the "boss" had a gabby woman in her office who wouldn't leave. :( When she finally left another customer came in. Bob got his new office issued computer since he is officially part of the office again but he couldn't get it to start. The office is wireless and I guess that was the first issue. Lucky for Bob both gals are technology smart, and he also has tech support he can call if needed. They opted to do lunch another day so Bob and I went by ourselves, later than we normally eat. He went back to the office to work on the computer challenge and I came home to count the gift shop money, mostly payroll deduction sales this week so not much to deposit.

Ceejay, my stepsister and husband have been in Texas for a month. I sent her a text to see if they had power. They did have electricity and food but no water nor gas for their car since last Monday. The staff was hauling buckets of water for tenants to flush their toilets. Yesterday they got two gallons of water so she heated water in the microwave to wash her hair, and they were able to get gas for their car. They left for home in Iowa today. She told me to Google rescued sea turtles in Texas. There were three videos showing all the turtles they were trying to save and explaining how the cold water affects them. We so enjoyed watching them in Maui, I just hope they survive. I’m glad we are rural and don’t have to worry about power blackouts. Enjoy getting out and about today! It seems like I go out too much and need to stay home. I should organize my days better! :rolleyes:

I need to vacuum the kitty litter tracks on this wonderful floor I love so much. Wish I could get the fur children to wipe their feet better. ;) Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

ceejay52 02-21-2021 10:39 AM

Morning
It's Sunday. Still cold but above freezing. Waiting for the church to begin online.
Sis and I managed to get out yesterday. I had to put my vehicle in all wheel drive to get out of the driveway to get through all that snow. But the main roads were clear. We went to the Ash Grove house and luckily there was no water leaks. That house is well insulated. We also ate breakfast in a small mom and pop place in Ash Grove. Then went to Branson to check on the condo. They have every thing ripped out and ready to begin. I can't wait to see the end product.
Announced to sis that I was starting back on my Metabolic Research Diet today and that meant taking all the potions/pills. That seems to work for me.
Jean
I really feel for the people in Texas. They just were not prepared for any of this. The convoy of hope in Springfield was sending truck loads of bottled water to them. I'm sure it was a drop in the bucket but it did help some. people.

Hello to gma and Quilter

Jean 02-21-2021 02:34 PM

Good Afternoon! Snow, snow, and more snow! It's 25 degrees and has been seriously snowing all day! The snow is pretty but we've had enough! We had toyed with the idea of going to SD to see the kids after church but decided against both and stayed home. Church online just isn't the same but it was better than nothing. I've done some laundry and need to vacuum kitty litter tracks. Baby's box is still upstairs because she sleeps upstairs at night and Ernie is in the basement. She is such a pest, sometimes, and won't leave him alone.

Ceejay, do you have to change the all wheel drive on or off? I thought it was automatic when needed. :dunno: I have it but no button to push. There is one if I want to pull a trailer, which I don’t. Good luck with the MRD! :cheer: Our tv news had videos of broken water pipes in Texas homes. I can’t imagine how awful that is. Where would anyone start to clean up and could they even save anything in their home? So sad!

I need to switch laundry around and vacuum, then I can read my book! Enjoy the rest of your day! :wave: