Old 02-23-2021, 11:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Sis is back to work after being snowed in for almost 14 days. She was happy to get out of the house. Most of our snow has melted and I'm glad. It was nice not to have to get out in that stuff.
Did good for breakfast on the MRC diet. but after that it was all down hill. I'm starting over today.
I was in one those moody blues Monday's to the point of tears yesterday I have no idea why.
Nephew A will be coming home from rehab on Thursday so I'm hoping things will go smoothly. He's going to be in a halfway house type setting but it is a good program for him to transition too. He needs the accountability, and he will get to work. I hate to say this but he reminds me of a stallion horse that needs to be broken.

Jean
I agree that online church is not the same as in person church. I miss the fellowship of the others. But I do like the fact that I can watch the church where I attended in Arkansas on Sunday morning plus our church.

I need to get up and get on with my day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #17  

Today is Terrific Tuesday! I started the day with a dental visit: x-rays, cleaning, and $141 later I'm good for another six months. Then I went to pick up a prescription at a new to us pharmacy which is located in a grocery store where I don't shop often. The clerk said it would be ready in a few minutes so I did a quick shop, picked it up, and was on my way. The rest of my day has been ho hum, no ambition nor motivation to do anything. Baby, Ernie, and I all had a nap after lunch. I did clean up the kitchen after lunch first.

Ceejay, our snow is melting and I will need boots up to my knees to get to the mailbox! The snow plow driver made a major mess on our street and we had frozen deep ruts this morning. I’m not sure who to call but I am going to call someone! I hope your nephew success this time.
​Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #18  

Morning
We have had some beautiful day's this week. Tuesday the temperature got up to 71. I saw one convertable with the top down. It was nice.
Yesterday got away from me. I did two loads of laundry, went out to Ash Grove to pick up the mail and check on the house then came back by the grocery store. I didn't want to cook supper opted for a tv dinner.
Nephew A is coming home today so that's good. I'm like his mom. I'm ready to see him but just have to trust that he is in a better place this time around.
Sis made taco's for supper on Tuesday and I've been bloated ever since then. Weight shows it too. Makes me upset. Fingers were so swollen yesterday that they stung.

Jean
Think we all have those ho hum days not wanting to do anything. There was just a bit of snow in Ash Grove yesterday where the snow plows piled up the snow on the sides of the road. I'm ready for warmer weather. Right now anything above 0 degrees will do.

Best get on with my day.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #19  

Nephew A is back and so far so good. He's staying with me today and his mom is on vacation next week. He's expecting to get into sober living this week end. Hope everything is okay there.
Not much else is going on. Still trying to get on a wait list at WM for the COVID vaccine.
More later
Old 02-26-2021, 01:52 PM   #20  

Good Morning! It is a cloudy day, windy, and feels like 23 degrees outside. Snow is in the forecast with a chance of rain first; temperatures in the high 40s and low 50s next week. The crazy weather continues in our corner of the world. I've been to the grocery store and spent some time on the phone with our cable service. We changed providers a year ago and I was told the cost would go up $10 a year for the following two years. It has gone up $50.82, $30 in just the last month. On top of that our local office has closed. Needless to say I needed a few days to organize my thoughts. Bottom line is we could drop some of the channels but not the Mexican nor variety of music channels that we don't watch. After lunch I am going to the gift shop to check in and put out greeting cards that I ordered last week.
I need to vacuum before Bob gets home for lunch. There are little pieces of cardboard scattered around from a scratching box the fur people use. Better they use that than my furniture!

Ceejay, I haven’t tried it but saw a hint on FB to make your own taco seasoning to cut down on the salt. I must admit I use the packaged mix. We haven’t had tacos for awhile, sounds good. Hope things go well for your nephew. We have huge piles of snow in parking lots but some has melted in our yard where the sun hits in the afternoon. I don’t think any will melt today. Good luck getting on a COVID shot list, put your name on more than one. You can always cancel.

Hope you have a fantastic Friday and do something your enjoy!

Old 02-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #21  

Morning
I'm thinking of something to eat for lunch. Maybe a ham and cheese wish I had some chips.
Nephew A is working on getting into sober living. I didn't like the one that he called yesterday. To much evangelizing going on. He called another one this morning which sounded a lot better. And he can work from home at this one. The other he couldn't.
I've ridden my bike this morning but I think this afternoon I will go for a walk in the park. Think sis and nephew will go with me. I need some sunshine.

Jean
I'm hoping our snowy weather is gone for this season. Still haven't had any luck in scheduling a covid shot. Sigh.

Have a great day.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #22  

Not much going on. Bumping up the page.
Old 03-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon! The sun has been in and out between the big poofy clouds, the sky is bright blue, a breeze is blowing, and it's a damp chilly feeling 25 degrees outside. The rain and snow didn't materialize yesterday which was good. The snow in our yard is sinking; it's fun watching the squirrels scamper around and sink in when they stop. Church counting didn't take long this morning, I made the gift shop deposit, and dropped a check off at the hospital on my way home. It takes me longer to get scanned and my "ok" sticker at the hospital than to deliver the check. The doorman accepts my "I'm ok," takes my temperature, and sends me on my way. I've done some laundry and should maybe vacuum.

Ceejay, I hope your nephew found a suitable place to live. Being able to work from home would be good I think. Hope you have your COVID shot appointment lined up. It sounds like the one shot kind is getting closer.

I have a James Patterson book calling my name after I fold towels and put them away. Hope you are enjoying a good day!
Old 03-02-2021, 11:52 AM   #24  

The sun is shining this morning but a bit brisk at 35 degrees. I'll take it though. Spring is coming.
I had the house to myself last night and it felt so good. Sis and nephew A spent the night in Ash Grove. Sis had a dentist appointment this morning and was going to leave A at the house but he woke up confused. Think he is taking to much of his medication. He worked yesterday but was in no shape to work today. Sis asked to bring him here for the time that she was at the dentist. He couldn't remember his work phone number and I couldn't find it on my phone but luckily they called so I told his boss that he was sick. I wrote down the number so I would have it in case he's not in shape to work tomorrow. I'm trying not to let this upset me but I know that sis is already upset. Think sis is going to take him some where cause she is tired of dealing with it and I can't blame her.
I practiced the piano yesterday for almost an hour and should be doing this on a daily basis. Practicing hymns.
The commode in my bathroom is leaking so I called a plumber and the one in the hall bathroom is rocking.
Need to do some more laundry and go to the grocery store.

Jean
Wished I like to read but I don't have the patience.

Have a good day
Hello's to the rest

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-02-2021 at 12:22 PM.