Old 10-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #65

Good evening! It was chilly last night and today. I stayed in, but Jack did a few errands. I bought the cutest pair of blue ankle boots for cold weather, but the right one rubbed just above my ankle bone so back they had to go. Jack took them to the post office. He ran to the ATM for me and picked up some breakfast.

The allergic reactions are keeping it up. He got up this morning and his left palm was swollen. By midday the back of his hand was completely swelled up. He canít take anything for the itching because of his allergy appt Tuesday. I felt so sorry for him because it is sore and itches so badly. So, it might not be what we think. I canít find any connections between the reactions, which is frustrating.

Jean: Obviously the pastor ignored the scripture about your body being a temple. Itís pretty disrespectful to treat the churches properties that way. Howís the harvesting coming along? We havenít been out towards the base so donít know how cotton picking is coming along. I really liked that thing you put on FB about the whole covid thing.

CeeJay: Sheís gonna have to let go sooner or later or it will put her in the hospital. Heís a grown man not a child. Glad you finally have your internet sorted out. We have craziness with ours here.

Have a good day tomorrow.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

gma
Agreed about sis letting go and after I told her how I feel about this relating to her health and that heart disease is starting with the cousins it is scary to me she's decided to back off.
Thanks for starting a new thread.

I went to an online church service this morning. We've gotten a light drizzle of rain and the temps are more like Fall. Yesterday we went to the Battlefield house to feed the cats and cleaned up the grill and put it in the shed and put the patio table in the shed. We mad a dry run to the animal shelter so I know where that is. Now to get the cats in the crates a week from Monday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #3  

Good morning! Itís going to be in the 80ís a few days here. Once again weird weather patterns.

Poor Jack had another reaction yesterday, but he said he was ok this morning. I had him buy some Caladryl Clear on Saturday and that seemed to work with the itching. I sure hope they can figure out what is causing it tomorrow. Heís been gone about 30 minutes to his rehab session. He has 3 this week then 2 next week and heís done. He says the muscles get sore a bit around his knee but other than that his knee is great.

I convinced Jack to buy a tire compressor to use. He has issues with his tires losing air once in awhile and they canít figure out why. In the old days weíd just pop into a filling station. Nowadays you have to hunt all over then pay for air so I told him buy our own! Itíll be here today along with a couple pair of warm socks for me to wear when my feet get cold. My slippers are too clunky to wear and when the temps dip, my feet get cold sometimes.

CeeJay: I hope she can. Stress is terribly hard on the heart, especially at our age. I know itís tough, but sometimes itís what has to be done. Hope you enjoyed the service.

Everyone have a good week.

gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon! It was 36 degrees outside when I came downstairs this morning. It has only "warmed" up to 39; when I left for church at 7:15 it was snowing! It was the wet sloppy kind and covered the ground by noon. So much for mulching leaves for a few days. Bob is done with harvest so next on his list is to winterize the tractors and do a couple of minor repairs. I've done two loads of laundry, folded, and put them away. Ian's team won their game Friday night so have one more before playoffs. I have a feeling the last game(s) are going to be cold ones.

Gma,” the guys finished harvest last Thursday. Yields were not as good as in other years but better than expected considering the wind damage and drought conditions. There are some FB political statistics I would love to copy and share but Bob discourages that because of his clients. Most all are Republicans but a few are die hard Democrats and would most likely give him a hard time. Like Trump told Savannah, the media doesn’t do justice in reporting anything positive pertaining to him. She is a witch! She and Nancy are a pair. I know one can’t believe everything that is on FB but it is frustrating. I wish they would ban political ads, opinions, and comments. I feel for Jack! It would be nice if you could figure out what he reacts to. I’ve heard the standard “you can become allergic to anything at any time” too often.

Ceejay, it is hard to watch a loved one with an addiction. I feel for you and your sister. We have a son-in-law who is a smoker as are his parents. He doesn’t smoke in our house and listens politely when I give my speech but he ignores any and all advice to quit. I keep reminding myself he doesn’t beat Beth nor the kids so that is a plus. He is old enough to know better! We skipped church yesterday to go to Jason’s. Ian had asked Bob to take his senior pictures so they spent a couple hours doing that. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and they got some good pictures.

I need to get busy. The dishwasher is done so need to unload that then iron some long sleeved shirts for Bob. He's decided to switch off his summer wardrobe finally. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote