Old 07-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias ó #62

Good Evening! Itís been a nice day in my neighborhood today, a little cooler and sunny with the exception of ten minutes of rain this morning. I dusted and vacuumed plus washed a load of towels. Otherwise it has been a ho hum kind of day.

ĒGma,Ē it was good to ďseeĒ you today! After so many days in the 90s it almost seems like a cold wave has hit here. Iím not complaining but love having the sliding doors and windows open. So far no one is mowing tonight, nice and quiet. Iím sorry about Jack having to go back to the doctorís office again. You begin to wonder if anyone does their job right the first time. We replaced our wood deck with vinyl and now some of those boards have warped. There are a few puddles if it rains enough. There is a corner post that is loose and Bob said the inside post is supposed to be in cement. Knowing the goofus who built it makes me wonder about his ability. The guy did a half a** job of replacing four oak steps in the living room and Bob tore them out then redid them with new.

We are going to try and hook up the laptop to the tv so we can watch Ianís last ball game live streamed. Otherwise will be watching it on the laptop. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #2  

Ceejay, sounds like you are keeping busy with church, seeing your nephews and their families, mowing, and eye appointment! I always am glad when the different appointments are done. I have one with the dentist in August, Bob says she wears a “hazmat” getup. Enjoy your day today!

Last edited by Jean; 07-21-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Jean small
I do like to keep busy and one of the reason's I moved here was to be around family. I still need to find a different dentist that is closer to home. The one in Branson that I've used for 2 years has never called me back and I'm tired of waiting. I should finish the weed eating but wanted to weed the tomatoes for sis. She has a small tomato and a small eggplant. Was going to weed the strawberries but to many new runners. I know how to plant them but to be on the safe side I'll let sis.

----------
Going to try a different way of eating. I've looked up a arthritis food plan and will try that for a week and also try to do some yoga moves that is supposed to help with arthritis. I hate these painful flare ups. And try either walking and or bicycle for a while to see if that helps. Even though right now walking hurts.

This is about it for the day. Have a great evening.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #4  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood; sunny, 72 degrees, and quiet. I have laundry in the washer and dryer right now and that is the sum of my morning efforts besides getting dressed. I need to make a serious grocery list, visit the Verizon store to get my phone alarm "bark" back on instead of a weenie ring, and stop at Walgreens. Not sure if I will do the errands this afternoon or tomorrow after a pedicure.

Ceejay, our new neighbor planted tomatoes in large flower pots and the plants are huge. I haven’t seen any tomatoes yet. The neighbor on the other side has a large garden and has always shared with us. I tried to talk Bob into building an above ground garden box but he didn’t take my hints. We drive by one yard that has several boxes when we go to Ian’s games. For some reason we are seeing lots of sunflowers this year. Good luck with the new eating plan. I hope it helps it helps the pain. I have a sore heel right on the edge and don’t know that I did anything to cause it

Not much exciting from my corner of the world today. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #5  

It's 91 degree's but it feel's like 98. That's too hot for me.
We had some clouds roll in but no rain. Will need to water later on this afternoon.
Nephew A called and wanted me to take him to the office this morning, laptop problems again. I'm seeing a pattern here that matches the last alcohol problem. I'm hoping that's not true.
No other news.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #6  

Good morning. Itís pleasant right now but not going to last long. Jack took a sick day because he had an ortho appt. His surgery date is August 26th. They are doing it at St Francis, which is nice because itís just down the road and itís where all my surgeries were done so we know the hospital inside and out. He has to go for blood tests, CT scan, pre admission stuff. He ran to grocery store afterwards for a couple things and came home having spent $90! Cookies, cinnamon rolls, creamed chipped beef, etc, etc. Yippee I got rice, margarine, and thatís it.

I have a darn headache this morning, probably because I need more water. I easily get dehydrated and more than likely I didnít get enough water yesterday. I lined up some bottles on the side table to make sure I drink them all today. It doesnít help itís raining like crazy at the moment.

CeeJay: All kids are adorable. I miss my boys being little, but they do grow up. I sure hope your nephew eventually turns himself around permanently. It can be done. Hope you find a good dentist.

Jean: It has been so hot and humid here. You feel like you donít want to do anything. No one seems to care about how jobs are done anymore. I was talking to Jack about that the other night. Hope Ian wins his last game!

Everyone stay safe. I decided to make a one night reservation at the Hyatt Place across the street from the hospital. That way I donít have to fool with putting the scooter back on the lift Iíll just ride it across the street and leave the car parked in the hospital lot. I can order in dinner from Grubhub and have it delivered and eat breakfast at the hotel.

gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:59 PM   #7  

It's been hot and humid today. To hot to work outside.
Nephew A called and asked for another ride to the office. More computer problems. sigh. Makes me want to trade cars so I won't have to go into town that often. I have a couple of vehicles that I really like, the subaru outback and the chevy Equinox.
Nephew C called while I was at the gym wanting to know about some flowers he planted this weekend. It's hard to work out wearing a mask. Throat got really dry and I forgot my water. I bought some as I left the gym. They have covers over the water fountains. I just now sent him some pictures. This wild flower bed looks amazing. Wild flowers gathered by my nephew.

gma
Good idea to book a room across from the hospital.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-23-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #8  

Good Morning! It's another bright sunny morning and warming up to 99 degrees this afternoon. The next few days are supposed to be hot and we are already very dry. We are on a local mandatory water conservation plan as of yesterday. Alternate sides of the street can water flowers and yards between 5AM and 7AM according to their house number. Those that do not take the local newspaper nor listen to the radio will have no clue. They do as they please anyway with no consequences. I need to pick up gift shop money this morning, another employees only sale this week. Christmas items are starting to arrive but no volunteers allowed in the building to mark prices so boxes will go to storage for now. After a trip to the bank, I need to drop books off at the library, and pick up a tomato for BLTs over the weekend. Maybe I will remember what else I forgot on my last grocery trip before I get there. It's good we live close to town!

”Gma,” I had to at what Jack brought home from the grocery store. When Bob goes with me and we are at the check out, he always says, “I wonder how that got in the cart or who picked that out?” If I send him for something specific that’s all he usually brings home. Now that we have to wear masks he doesn’t want to go. August 26 seems like a long time to wait so I hope it goes fast for Jack; waiting is the hard part. It’s nice you can stay across from the hospital when Jack has his surgery. Grubhub is a cute name for a restaurant. Ian’s team was invited to play in another tournament but unfortunately the town is even further away. I’m hoping they will video it. I don’t know why the home town doesn’t host because they have such a nice new complex, concession stand, clean restrooms, and a central playground for younger kids not interested in watching the games.

Ceejay, I’m sure your nephew appreciates the rides you provide. It’s too bad his tech support can’t fix the problem when he is home. I just read on FB all the health problems prolonged mask wearing can cause. But again, one can’t believe everything they see on FB! I would hate to have to wear one for an eight hour job. We’ve had teachers already say they will resign if the situation is such with crowded classrooms and mandatory masks. I’m sure the district would have to provide the students’ masks. Scary for sure. The district is asking churches to provide space for classes but want the church to provide the janitorial and disinfecting duties. We have a part time janitor who relies on volunteers to help what he can’t do. I’m sure all schools and colleges will struggle with decisions. Good luck on car shopping!

Hope to see you all post today! Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Old 07-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #9  

Hello,
It's almost noon and I have no idea what to have for lunch. One of the disadvantages of living in a small town is that I can't run to fast foods but I like it.
I'm cleaning and doing laundry once again. Getting ready for the kiddo's tonight. Going to meet them in Battlefield for pizza.
Since I've not been stressing over calories I've been eating better and have lost a couple of pounds the past couple of weeks. I had to many heavy snacks last night and that I'm going to change.
I'm getting my allergies under control. They almost got the best of me at the first of the week. If I'm working out in the yard I'm going to have to wear a mask.
Have a great afternoon.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon! It's been a cloudy and very humid day in my neighborhood. Mid afternoon the heat warning was 87 degrees feeling like 99; I'm glad the sun wasn't out! We had a short rain shower this morning and another few drops this afternoon. Strange weather continues, it is supposed to be cooling down. We went to church online again this morning. Our local church is planning church in the park services the last three Sundays in August. It will be bring your own lawn chair, water, no hand shaking/hugging, and no singing. Otherwise I washed some dishes I don't put in the dishwasher, and read my book. I think I've read it before but don't remember "who done it" and forgot to initial the inside pocket.

Ceejay, I hope you enjoyed your weekend with you great nephews and niece. I’m convinced the more I think about what to eat or not to eat is much more stressful than just watching portions and being aware of getting appropriate food groups. I’m sure I have probably asked but what do you take for your allergies? I finally quit taking anything thinking nothing really helped much. Some days are better than others but as long as I can sleep at night I won’t complain. Even though I wear a mask I get the urge to sneeze when I’m in a store. I shop fast!

I need to put dishes away and clear off the counter. Also need to make a "to do list" and cross things off! I am so good at putting things off! I want to make an appointment with the cemetery marker guy this week and need to get Ernie to the vet to get his claws trimmed, ears cleaned, and blood checked plus work on Maddy's birthday list. Hope you have had a good day and enjoy your evening!
Old 07-26-2020, 09:36 PM   #11  

Jean
I take over the counter Allegra and use FLonaise I have to be careful though cause these things do make my blood go up. Plans changed Friday afternoon as sis called to tell me that the middle child had a fever. And sis and I do not need to be around that. However I was coming down with something and didn't feel worth a dime. and Saturday things went from bad to worse. My coughing got worse and my throat got sore. I've lost my voice so I didn't go to church this morning. I'm feeling better but I' still don't have much of a voice. However, my throat doesn't hurt as bad . I must of strained my larynx when coughing, Sis said she could hear me all over the house Saturday and closed the door.

Not much else going on. Atill hot and humid.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #12  

Good evening! We had a whopper of a rain storm today. We were watching the Cubs play. I think the whole MLB thing is idiocy, but what do I know. They stick cardboard ďpeopleĒ in the stands and have canned music, applause, etc. Soooooo dumb.

I bought a stand type fan for the kitchen so we could use the oven. Because the downstairs is so open, you use the oven and even with AC on it heats up. The fan helped a lot. I put it at the end of the kitchen facing towards laundry room so it push hot air towards pantry instead of into living room. So, I fixed meat loaf, scalloped potatoes and baked beans. Itís one of Jackís favorite.

I had to order more masks just in case. I have a waxing appt tomorrow and you have to go up to the door, follow the directions then wait for your gal to text you to come in. It is a bugger for me because, parking is very minimal and the curb is very high making it hard for me to get up and down, but once I have the info, future apots I can sit in the car, check in and wait until sheís ready for me. I havenít been since February because of closing then was ill two appts and had to cancel. Luckily, my brows are light colored and donít grow much.

CeeJay: Youíve become a regular taxi service it sounds like. I think weíre going to buy a Pacifica the end of next year. It should last a long time as weíll just use it to take trips or grocery shop. Jack will keep the Mariner for work and the MKS only has 35000 miles on it so itís good for awhile too. We want to go ahead and buy another new car so it can be pd off by the time Jack retires. Where do you go for pizza? I donít think we have good places here. My two favorites are in IN. I bought these throat lozenges at Amazon that are honey, lemon, and silver. They are great without being too strong. I get slight sore throats from Gerd and they take care of it right away.

Jean: Jack had to go back to store today because he forgot lunchmeat for his lunches on Saturdays trip. He came home today with Mounds candy bars, chocolate cookies, cheddar potato chips, and cinnamon rolls. He was supposed to get a ham steak, lunchmeat, sliced cheese, bread. He reminds me of the kid on the commercials who grabs stuff of the shelves and tries to hide it. Grubhub is a delivery service here. You order online from their restaurant choices in the area and they pick it up at the restaurant and deliver it to your home or whatever. Iíve never used them before because Jack doesnít trust delivery to get things right, but I have no choice, really. The restaurant Iíll order from is just down the street so it should stay hot. If not, the room has a microwave.

Everyone have a good week!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #13  

Afternoon
Not much is going on today. I did start with a 10 minute bike ride this morning on my personal bike Then gathered up some more cardboard boxes and put them in the trash container. And then straightened up my small corner of the garage. I'm going to work out there some more in the morning. Some things can be organized to give more room. I transplanted my peace lilly into a bigger pot. It looks very happy.
Nephew A called to see if I could take him to the doctor. His knee has been bothering him. Not sure what happened but it is swollen. We have to wait outside so I waited in the car and it came a down pour. It was raining when I left the house ,and rained again after I got home. The rain was much needed.
More later
Hello's to all.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #14  

Good Morning! It's a cloudy morning and 57 degrees when I came downstairs early this morning. There is just a slight breeze blowing, wish it would blow in some rain. I made a WM list over the weekend and Bob added a couple things for the office. Somehow I misplaced my list and was determined I wouldn't go without it. My car is clutter free except for library books I need to return but I even moved the seats thinking maybe it landed underneath somehow. I cleaned out my purse, no luck there either. I jotted down a few of the things I remembered then dug out the junk paper recycle bag. There wasn't much in there because yesterday was recycle day but there was my list! I'm the one who goes through the junk mail so am sure I tossed the list in the process. I will plan to go to WM first thing tomorrow! Our church is pushing “free” backpacks full of supplies again this year. Because of COVID the parents had to call the church and set up an appointment to pick up the backpack outside. There was a Spanish speaking gal on one phone line, second language on another, and English on another. They had so many calls coming in it over loaded the system and set off the fire alarm. The secretary lives out in the country and had to come in to turn it off. I’m not sure why the fire dept. couldn’t come but maybe they would have charged for the trip. I have laundry in the washer and dryer, have fed the cats and critters, and now on to making a potato salad!

Ceejay, I hope your cough and sore throat are gone, or at least you feel better. Allegra makes me think of music; maybe I will try that. I need to sort through my OTC boxes and pitch the ones that are almost gone. I’ve had a few really good days so not taking anything right now. I had to smile at your peace lily being happy. I hope your nephew’s knee turns out to be nothing too serious. Good for you on the bike ride and cleaning in the garage!

“Gma,” We had the Cubs vs the Twins game on the other night. I wasn’t paying any attention so don’t know who won and Bob fell asleep so doubt he knew either. He has been live trapping baby possums and transplanting them to the country. Having seen pictures of mommas with babies on her back, I think he will be busy for awhile. I could share Jack’s grocery loot with him except I like caramel rolls better. Our WM has a few shelves, where you first walk in, full of all the gizmos advertised on tv. They have closed one entrance but the doors will still open so people have been going in and ignoring the employee telling they have to go to the other door. Stupid!

My eggs and potatoes are waiting so need to get busy. Hope you all have a good day and enjoy a terrific Tuesday!

Last edited by Jean; 07-28-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #15  

Funny weird thing, the second language I typed in looked like a swear word.