Old 07-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #16  

Good Morning! It's a cloudy morning in my neighborhood, cooler too unless the sun comes out. Life is pretty ho hum right now, and finally quiet after the fireworks for several days. I need to run some errands this morning and can't even get excited about that. I had a coupon from the local dress shop and carried it around in my purse for a month. It expired 7/3. There is nothing I need but thought I would at least look. I am famous for having expired grocery coupons! I have cut back my grocery trips to once a week and only to one store which is the "no frills" store. They at least spray their carts which the other one does not, plus they carry the groceries to the car for you which is nice. I should dust and vacuum today too.

Ceejay, glad you were able to get inside your church. I’m anxious for that too. I did go listen to the organist practice the other day. The news people say the virus numbers will go up after the 4th, we’ll see. Hope your hip is feeling even better today. What fun to have the little ones over the weekend! The baby is growing up!

I need to get moving or I will never get going. So much for my excitement today. Hope you enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nephew called and said his new computer was working good today. so yeah for that. I was lazy this morning and slept in till 8.30.
Did some weed eating this afternoon but my was it HOT. Will finish tomorrow.
Hip is a lot better this week. but I'm still keeping my doctor's appointment on the 15th. I'm going to ask him for an injection.and an rx that is stronger than Alieve.
Think I'll go to the gym in the morning also. I need to get out of the house.

Jean
Glad that you could listen to the organist practice. I still do not have my piano and or organ here to practice.

gma
Sis and I went out to eat Friday night, The restaurant had limited seating but were efficient. I like MCD breakfast sandwiches for lunch sometimes but they are no longer doing breakfast all day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies! Another day in the 90s and humid. We desperately need rain.

Our Covid-19 numbers are still climbing. I went to the dentist yesterday. I took my friend to physical therapy too. She has Parkinson's. This is a special program called Big and Loud to improve movement, speech and swallowing. Yesterday was her evaluation and starting next week she will go 4 days a week for 8 weeks.

One of my neighbors had a lot of fireworks that he set off in our diocesan so I had a front row seat from my porch. There are illegal here but the Sheriff looks the other way.

Jean, I will make.The salad today. Perfect for this weather.

Ceejay, good plan on the gym.

Hi, grandma!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:32 PM   #19  

Susan
The COVID numbers are still climbing in Missouri too. If it's like the flu epidemic in 1918/1919 it may go into next year. I will wear my mask.

I'm going to make a meatloaf for tomorrow and boil some chicken for some chicken salad.
Talked to sis and she sounds better today after fighting cold/allergies this past week.
We are getting together Friday night for Godfather's pizza. This is just down the road from nephew A so if it's not dine in we can go back to his house. Can't wait to see the kiddo's.
Went to the gym this morning. This takes some time out of my day but it also gives me something to do. Need to put washed clothes into the dryer.
Th heat index right now at 7.00 is 97 degrees but hey it's July.

Hi Jean and gma

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-08-2020 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #20  

Good Morning! We have rain, rain, and more rain! The first rain was a down pour lasting about 20 minutes, the rain gauge said 1.31". It has slowed down but still steady. We needed it badly so no complaints here. My flowers are all flat so hope they perk back up. We went to Ian's game last night, they lost again. Ian struck out ending the game and he was really bummed. The drive home seems like it is getting longer the older I get. We had road construction on the way there so had to wait for a "follow me" car. The guys were filling road cracks with tar on one lane. Bob opted to come home through Sioux City rather than take a chance of getting tar on my car. Going there we hit a swarm of some kind of bug and my windshield was covered with splats. Yuck! We did stop for gas and a bug cleaning before we headed home. I didn't sleep well last night; for some reason I have a hard time relaxing when we get home at midnight. It was hard to get going this morning, especially with dark clouds and rain to start the day. I need to make a grocery list for the weekend. Bob is going on a tractor ride Saturday and has to pack a lunch rather than eat a catered lunch or in a restaurant like they usually do. Rain is in the forecast so I'm hoping it is nice weather for the guys. He brings the tractor on the trailer home the night before and parks in front of our house. That will take care of the weekenders parking there, otherwise they will just have to move.

Ceejay, we did a drive through at McD’s on the way home last night. They were busy but no dining in at 10:30 pm. They must be open all night along the interstate as the marquee had “help wanted, 9pm-6am” posted. I miss our Godfathers pizza, it closed when a pizza/chicken buffet business came to town. It was out favorite! Meatloaf sounds good, I haven’t made that in a long time. Going to the gym sounds like a good plan! It is scary to think how long COVID could last.

Susan, hope you enjoy the salad! I have a dentist appointment in August and am tempted to cancel it, mainly because of all the COVID rigmarole to just get in the door, not to mention the difference in the actual cleaning treatment. Our numbers are climbing again, thanks to stupidity over the Memorial weekend, summer weather, and 4th weekend. I notice more people not wearing masks in the grocery store but then wearing a mask when alone in the car.

I need to get busy and accomplish something this morning. Hope you all enjoy a great day!
Old 07-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #21  

Good afternoon! We had a thunderstorm move through a couple hours ago and it is over 90 degrees here so it is terribly humid. A nice thing is they finally cut down their weeds next door. In the next week or so weíre having a guy tear off our rickety deck. Heís pretty reasonable but heís an older guy so I am giving him a bit extra for the weather and moving our bbq grill, trash cans and patio table and chairs. Iíll be glad when itís gone though because it has rotted in places and needs to go.

I did my nails today and they went ok. I will get better the more I do it I think. I put tips on too and that went ok. I like you donít have to paint them the color is in the powder. Tomorrow is haircut and color day. I want it really short so I hope she can cut it like I want.

Did a load of laundry today but too hot to do much else. I need to spray weeds again but itís going to be hot and rainy off and on this week.

Susan: I feel for you. I am a homebody, but man being home all the time is driving even me nuts. We had to cancel our Atlanta trip, which was going to give us a few days away since we arenít cruising this year. I know Jack is going to be happy to get his knee done and eventually the other one. Theyíre hoping to only have to do a partial, but he said if he gets in there and the damage is bad theyíll do a full. Heíll need the other one done down the road, but there has to be a year between using FMLA and heíll have to build back up his sick time.

CeeJay: Glad you could go back to church, but know itís git to be bittersweet. I bought several of those Just Crack an Egg breakfasts. They are really good and fast to make. I leave out the potatoes though.

Jean: I donít know what causes them, but every time we come home on I-40 from Ft Smith, we run into swarms of bugs. Theyíre terrible and we get home and the car is covered in bug guts. Poor Ian. Bad enough your team loses, but itís always tough when you end up striking out to end the game. Is Bobís tooth situation all hunky dorey now?

Well gals, I better get the dishes loaded and fold the clothes. Have a good evening.

gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #22  

Nephew A called and wanted me to take him to the doctor. He said he had a temp of 103 but he exaggerates. Then he told me that he had a temp of 99.9 at the doctor's office. That sounds more like it. He said he had strep throat. I wore my mask in the car while I was with him and he wore one too. This took up my afternoon.

gma
good for you on doing your nails. I understand about it being to hot to be outside. The rain skirted us this morning and I was really hoping it would rain But it was cool during that time. Then hot and humid this afternoon. I dread next week temps clos to 100 and heat index close to 105-110.

Jean
Poor Ian. I can feel for him. I literally hate bugs on the windshield. Think those bugs on the highways come from the fields! They've been cutting hay here

Susan
I'm usually a home body but with a nephew with out a vehicle I'm kept busy.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #23  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood; sunny, no wind, and so quiet with the sliding doors open. Even the birds are quiet this morning. We've been to church online and I have ironed what we are wearing to a graduation open house this afternoon. It is in Bob's little hometown, the granddaughter of our best friends. Her mom and uncle grew up with Jason and Beth. With positive COVID cases on the rise again we are going at the start rather than when it will be more crowded. I guess that is my excitement for the day.

“Gma,” do you have cement under your deck so you have someplace for your grill, table, and chairs? I’m glad you neighbor finally took care of their weeds. Bob’s absent tooth “hole” has healed nicely and he felt 100% almost right after the tooth was gone. He was miserable the times the infection flared up; that was so strange when the pain would be gone after a day or two on ibuprofen. It seems like Ian’s team wins one game then loses two, really no reason as to why. He has a tournament next Saturday that starts at 9am but we are going to pass. He’s got a game midweek that I think we will go to if the weather holds. I don’t understand what the powder part of dipping the nails does, make them harder?

Ceejay, I hope your nephew got meds if he needed them, and you didn’t catch whatever he might have had. I hate the masks but guess they do come in handy. Bob maintains SD bugs are worse than Iowa because they don’t spray along their roadside shoulders and ditches in the country. I always say the biggest bugs hit my side of the windshield. Almost every baseball trip requires a spray, scrub the windshield and front grill area, then a trip to the car wash.

I need to put in a load of laundry. Hop you enjoy a nice day!
Old 07-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #24  

Turns out nephew didn't have step throat. He was drinking since Monday and needed an excuse for work. Sigh. Let's just say if God's wrath is worse than my sister's I don't want any part of it.
Sis and I went to church yesterday. It was nice. We had a fill in preacher. We've had a 10 year old in our church who had to have gallbladder surgery. He is over weight..
My cousin sent me a text stating that his dad, my uncle, had an ekg and it wasn't good. He said the doctor told him he could live a week or a year. I wanted to go down to visit with him but got to thinking he's in a nursing home and aren't allowed visitors. sigh. He's in his 80's.

will do personals later.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #25  

Good Morning! Besides it being darker earlier, it is even darker like it might rain any minute. It was 62 degrees when I came downstairs this morning. The weather guru said we will be back in the 90s by the weekend. The crazy weather goes along with the crazy times we are living in right now. We went to Ian's double header last night, last home game of the season. They lost the first game and won the second one in several exciting exciting plays. The umpire was no help as he gave the opposing team two "safes" on stealing bases which unglued the home crowd. The dads (and grandpas) around us were very vocal; not being a baseball expert I kept quiet. It was 12:30 am when we finally got home, too late for this old lady! It cooled down and several ladies were wrapped up in blankets once the sun went down. I took a jacket but wore sandals so my feet were cold. I was too lazy to hike back to the car for my blanket but wished I would have had it. Football moms were discussing social distancing at football games this fall if even that will be allowed. I personally wouldn't feel bad at no spectators but would feel bad for the seniors playing their last season. I don't have anything planned for today except to count some gift shop money. I need to get back to my clothes sorting. It sounds like the SOS store won't be opening any time soon so guess the Good Will is going to reap the benefits of my effort. Our GW is disgusting, dirty and trashy from what I have heard. I wouldn't go inside for anything! The workers sort donations and nicer things go to Sioux City which is good I guess.

Ceejay, it’s too bad about your nephew drinking again/yet. It won’t take long for his employer to realize he used going to the doctor for an excuse. Sad for all concerned! Our substitute pastor is preaching from southern Iowa and we are just getting his sermon, no music nor Bible verses, etc. I haven’t watched him but have heard others comment we could have had members of our own church read scriptures and offer some type of something to think about. It would be more personable. I guess our pastor who just left, left the parsonage very dirty considering he lived there alone, especially the kitchen filthy. I wasn’t surprised because his church office was a messy, cluttered, and dirty disaster! It is too bad you can’t visit your uncle. Our hospital and retirement homes are still closed to visitors.

I need to get busy; I am dressed but need to put my face on and comb my hair. Hope to see you today and that you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #26  

My doctor's visit went well. He gave me a cortisone injection and told me to take it easy for a couple of day's. I was thankful for the injection.
Stopped at several stores looking for an certain a.c. filter. Did not find the size I needed so I ended up buying some on line at Amazon. They will be here Friday.
Text with my bff this afternoon when I got back.
I've been sitting on the patio in the late evenings. Last night it was hot but there was a nice breeze and that made it nice. I enjoy the peace and quiet and nature.

Jean
Working from home is one of the better things for nephew. He can call in sick and no one knows.
Wish we could get some of that rain. It is so hot, humid and dry here. Seems like the northern half of the state is getting rain. We just get a very few sprinkles, like 13 drops.
Glad Ian had at least one win last night with several good plays.

Hello's to Susan and gma.
Have a good evening.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #27  

[QUOTE=QuilterInVA;5412169]Good morning ladies! Another day in the 90s. We had a 10-minute down pour Wednesday but everything is so dry.

VA is now mandatory masks and businesses will lose their licenses if they don't enforce it. Covid numbers are climbing and the governor said he will shut restaurants, beaches and bars down again. The 20-29 group accounts for 250% increase in that group.

The pastor of the church my friend attends has Covid. He preached and the entire congregation has to quarantine for 2 weeks.
Jean, there will be no football in VA schools this year.

CeeJay, sorry your nephew is lying and drinking. Time for tough love.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 07-16-2020 at 11:54 AM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #28  

Susan
Springfield, MO has issued a mandatory mask law. I wear mine to protect myself. Now there is a coin shortage.

Not much happening today. I've been cleaning house, doing laundry and and resting like the doctor told me to do. Need to put a load of laundry in the dryer.
Have a good evening.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #29  

Good Morning! It is cloudy and humid in my neighborhood this morning. There is no rain in the forecast and we could use a nice gentle all day rain. We are going to a ball game this afternoon but will be leaving shortly because it is a three hour drive. I hope we are not the only fans there since it is a Friday; the start of tournament games. Their first game was at 9, too early for us! Today is Jason and Amanda's 21st anniversary. It was hot back then too but had an evening shower. Fun memories!

Susan, I had not given football a thought until the other night when one of the moms mentioned how hard it would be for social distancing. On the way home Bob mentioned maybe they would issue so many passes for each player’s family and see what the numbers might be. It will be interesting. We are so over crowded here I am anxious to find out how they plan to start school. I’m just glad I don’t have to go; but the worry now if finding subs because of the age factor. I wish all the states would mandate masks!

Ceejay, I love it when the neighborhood is peaceful and quiet, especially when I can open the sliding doors. We are a couple blocks from the highway so can Sometimes hear the semis if they are shifting down gears. This morning the crop dusting plane was flying close by. He always sounds like he is going to land in our yard.

“Gma,” what are you cooking today?

I need to change clothes before we leave. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!
Old 07-19-2020, 07:10 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! It's been another nice day in my neighborhood; it's sunny, cooler, and no wind. We do need rain! I picked rhubarb from the neighbor's garden yesterday and today made a crisp that is baking right now. Smells so good! Went to church online this morning and have done some laundry. I should dust and vacuum, maybe tomorrow. Ian’s team lost the Friday game thanks to the umpire's calls against our team. However, they won both games yesterday and we didn't go, same drive as on Friday. They played again today, same long drive, but lost 2-1; Amanda said it was a good game, tied in 7th inning so had to play another inning. Tomorrow night is their last game, we hadn't planned to go but Bob asked me earlier if I wanted to go. Will be an even longer drive again and late night if we go. I’m thinking not.

My oven timer is beeping so will see if it looks done. Enjoy the rest of your day!