Steel Magnolias #57

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good afternoon, ladies. 67 degrees and overcast.

I seem to have lost track of time. I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. The sameness of my days is hypnotizing.

Donna, I never hear anything from my neighbors. I read the latest Miss Julia series book this week. A little light reading and humor was a welcome change. The reference to 2020 in the news was for social distancing not stay at home. In the 1918-19 flu pandemic people went out and congregated too soon and the second wave was worst than the first.

Jean, Our Wal-Mart is very clean and nice employees. I won't shop the ones in Newport News or Hampton. They are dirty and crowded due to the clients in those areas. I hope you get your plumbing fixed soon.

Ceejay, I am so glad I don't have yard work. I like to watch Scott do it. LOL

Have a good evening.
  • Susan
    It is more fun to sit back and watch some one else do the yard work but I like to do it. Get this our neighbor came over and told me he would mow so I sent him to talk to my sis. He asked her if I were her mother!!!!! Good grief I'm only 2.5 years older than she. but I'm almost 70. Guess I'm beginning to show my age.
    My nephew was here Sunday so he got the rider fixed so I can ride the next time I mow. I'm just going to do the big side yard with the rider and push mow the very front and back. The back yard is very uneven due to huge roots from a giant willow tree.
    -----------
    The low tire light came on my vehicle yesterday afternoon coming back from Springfield. This morning I had a flat tire. I called AAA and the came out to air it up and followed me down to a gas station. I didn't think anything like that would be open. I'll get it fixed this afternoon around two.
    Not a thing going on around here.
    Sis would like for me to get a new vehicle. Mine is a 2011 but it is in good shape and let my nephew buy this one. I haven't made up my mind about this yet.
    Hello's to the rest.
  • Ceejay, I hope you are feeling better today! I wish the weather would just settle into a nice predictable pattern. One nice thing about the water leak, I have clean organized drawers and cupboards in the upstairs bathroom! Will wait to do the downstairs bathroom after the sheet rock and painting is done.
  • Quote: Ceejay, I hope you are feeling better today! I wish the weather would just settle into a nice predictable pattern. One nice thing about the water leak, I have clean organized drawers and cupboards in the upstairs bathroom! Will wait to do the downstairs bathroom after the sheet rock and painting is done.
    Sun, a bright sunny day is noticeable warmer than a overcast day.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox