Old 03-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm here. just busy packing and cleaning. Thought I had until the week end to finish but nephew who has been in rehab is coming home today from California unexpectedly. So I may hold off on packing any thing further until this "tornado" (nephew) comes through.
So far we have groceries in the stores here just no toilet paper. I did buy some extra for the house in Ash Grove so I may have to go get some of that and take some things out there.
They have closed the schools in our area for the next few weeks
My dentist office called and told me they were rescheduling my appointment from 3-24 to 4-7 bc of the virus.

gma
Sorry that your cruise was cancelled.

quilter in Virgina

Jean
Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #17  

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We had sunshine early but it has disappeared now. Our snow is gone again so everything is brown and grungy looking. I made a quick trip to the grocery store after lunch only to find out they had tp early this morning. It was gone in a matter of minutes. We are not out but I checked that aisle anyway. If it were the stomach flu I would understand the rush on tp but coronavirus is not. The grocery stores and WM have cut back their hours but allow senior citizens, pregnant ladies, and those with health issues to shop the first hour of the day, without the general public. It will be interesting to see how that works. Local restaurants have eliminated dining in but will stay open if they have drive through. Only debit or credit cards may be used, no cash. This beyond just plain crazy! I was supposed to have crafty club on Thursday but decided to cancel in view of the social distancing suggestion; I don't have enough room for that. My heart wasn't in cleaning any more anyway. I need to keep working on clothes sorting!

Susan, I know that it probably isn’t possible to tally exactly, but it seems like the reported deaths are either linked to a cruise or a pre-existing health issue. We saw several people wearing masks in the airports but none on any of our planes. I am so thankful we traveled and were back home before this exploded. I have not heard from Maggie in over a year. The last text message was so garbled I wondered if she was on some sort of drug. I don’t know if she was living alone or in a supervised home of some sort. Very sad. It’s good you have your quilting projects to work on. Our library is still open but I look for it to shut down or limited hours.

Ceejay, I wish you good luck in your moving endeavors. I look at all my excess stuff and shudder to think of moving. Bob has a garage full of tools and guy stuff plus a full lawn and garden building. We really need to downsize!

The sun has come out again — even the weather is mixed up! I need to get busy and accomplish something even if it is wrong! Enjoy the rest of a terrific Tuesday! Wash your hands and stay healthy!

Last edited by Jean; 03-17-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies. Spring started in late January this year so all the spring flowers have been early but lasting longer. Pollen is covering all. Staying inside has helped my allergiex. I haven't had to start meds yet.

I am bored already. One thing for sure, I am on the phone a lot more. My widowed friends and I talk longer. Yesterday we were lamenting we didn't all have Skype or FaceTime so we could all quilt and talk together.

Excitement for today is laundry and cleaning out the refrigerator.

Jean, I hope Maggie is somewhere she is being cared for. Our grocery stores are now allowing only handicapped, seniors and pregnant woman to shop from 8-9 am. Wholesalers likeCostco, Sam's Club and BJ are.making people line up outside and only 25 in the store at a time.

CeeJay, I have read all the posts and I don't envy your trials-by-nephew. Does he have a on to come back to?

Hi, Grandma!

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #19  

Quilter
Yes he has a home to come back to. this is one of the reason's I'm moving. I can't be around him anymore.

Jean
I haven't been out to get groceries in since last week but I will need to get some for the Ash Grove house.

hi gma

I'm still packing and will take a some ting to start with to Ash Grove today. The nephew and niece willl need the beds to sleep in tonight.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #20  

Good morning! Going to be warm today in the mid 70ís. Tomorrow the same then dips into the 50ís then back up again. Weird weather and not exactly great for this whole virus thing.

I twisted my bad knee somehow and have been down for the count since yesterday. I have to use a walker to get up to even go to the restroom. I have kept heat on it and succumbed to a couple Aleve last night because it hurt so badly. Since I go through kitchen to get to bathroom I try and grab water, snack whatever on my way back so I donít have to get until the next time I need to use the bathroom. Poor Jack had his skin cancer surgery so he was hurting, went by Fresh Market to get some stuff and found the meat case empty. They said they were getting a 1 pm meat delivery so he went back and stood for an hour. He got 3 lbs of hamburger and they said it would be at least another hour for more meat so I told him to come home. Krogers has no meat of any type so we are just doing the best we can. I put in a grocery order for pick up tomorrow afternoon but who knows. This really angers me that people are being so selfish. Itís ridiculous to hoard.

I have a doctorís appt Monday for a bp check since she changed it and Jack gets his stitches out Tuesday. Heíll have about an inch and a half scar under his eye and possibly a black eye they said. The guys will raze him at work if that happens. Heís the oldest out there now and married the longest. So, we are bumping along best we can.

CeeJay: Hopefully things will settle down for you soon and you can get back to a normal routine. Jack said he was surprised they went ahead with his surgery. He said when he went into the office yesterday it was completely empty and that while he was waiting, two people called and cancelled their appts. He said he never saw any patients coming or going. We have 3 confirmed cases, but then you donít know those who are sick but are positive. Iím concerned for Jack as his boss went home early Friday with a cough and hasnít been back to work and the guy he works with called in sick yesterday and today, but his bosses is a sinus infection.

Jean: I think this is nuts, but then I have my own opinions on the whole thing. I ended up ordering from butcher box for meat. If we donít like it Iíll cancel any more deliveries. I just donít know how long this nonsense will continue with the groceries. They waited too long to put a stop to the hoarding and now canít seem to recoup. Jack got most of the stuff I wanted except meat and paper towels. We have 6 rolls in pantry but we go through them pretty fast. I ordered bamboo washable towels and weíll use those for cleaning countertops and such. I do a load of laundry every couple days so one use and weíll pop them in the wash. I use Lysol laundry sanitizer so theyíll get sanitized. I also have plenty of Lysol/Clorox wipes for things like the toilet and such. Boy the restaurants and bars took a hit yesterday for St Patrickís Day. The smaller places here in town may lose their businesses with the way things are. Theyíre trying other methods to stay afloat like deliveries and such.

Well, need to eat a bite of lunch. Have a good day.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #21  

Good Morning! It is seriously raining this morning and I wanted to run a couple much needed errands. Oh well, maybe this afternoon when the wind is supposed to pick up. The crazy weather continues! I came here last night, read, and intended to add my two cents worth when the phone rang. I never did get back here. No major projects planned for today since I cancelled crafty club. Now I need to decide about couples card club next week. Since all but one couple belong to our church, and church is cancelled for at least the rest of the month, I’m thinking of canceling that too. There could be twelve people in our small space, too cozy imo. May is a busy month but maybe can host it then.

Susan, I also spent extra time on the phone yesterday. I have one 50+ years friend who still lives in Bob’s hometown and we usually manage at least an hour when we connect. Our kids are about the same age as well as our grandkids. She keeps us up to date on the local people, church, and town activities. Our grocery stores are trying to limit quantities on some items and sometimes have an employee standing guard to watch. It’s too bad it has come to that but the mentality in this town is pretty nonexistent sometimes.

Ceejay, you mentioned a niece staying at your house. Not that it is any of my business, but is she visiting or will she be a permanent resident along with your nephew? Good luck as you continue your moving to Ash Grove.

”Gma,” I hope your knee and Jack’s “wound” are feeling better today. Will Jack have to have any follow up treatment? I mentioned to my doctor I debated about cancelling my appointment yesterday. He said their plan is to see well patients in the morning, sanitize over the noon hour, then see sick patients in the afternoon. The cleaning crew does extra cleaning at night. One of the doctors has a Beta fish on her secretary’s counter. I always stop to watch him when I leave, he is such a pretty fish. My hands are so dry from over washing. I like Bath and Beauty soap even though my dermatologist said it is the worst thing I could use. I got more for Christmas from the girls.

I need to get dressed and get my day going. I have checks to deliver to the hospital. My “boss” dropped off the invoices on her way home yesterday. I won’t be able to go in so will have to give them to whoever is guarding the door. I really need to get my nails done and the salon was open yesterday, not sure about today. The gals all wear masks so I’m not too worried. Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!
Old 03-19-2020, 04:32 PM   #22  

Good afternoon! Waiting to hear from Krogers about my order. They never sent out a confirm they received it in the first place but it shows up on the website. Itís supposed to be ready at three but donít know how much they can fill. Itís become a zoo with closings now. My bff got laid off indefinitely from Marshalls and she has no income except SS. I told her to file for unemployment and weíll send her gift cards and cash to help get her through. Jack will work unless he gets infected because the waste water plants have to stay open. Even then he has like 120 sick days he can take and get pd so weíll be ok no matter what. Thereís just so many without work right now. My nieces are without work as theyíre school teachers and the one in CA thinks theyíll close school for the rest of the school year and theyíre in a year round situation so donít know how long that will last. Her boys are liable to drive her nuts though as they are heavily into sports and there wonít be any of that.

They called this morning and canceled my dr appt and said theyíre not rebooking appts for the time being. If your drs arenít seeing patients and the hospitals donít want you showing up there, what the heck are you to do? Jackís appt is still on but may be because he needs the stitches removed next week.

Jean: If the hospital is closed to visitors, what stuff are you still doing for the gift shop? Staying home isnít an issue for me and I am not going to get my nails done until this has calmed down. They are cutting WM hours drastically and the salon is in WM so I imagine theyíll be super busy and I am not sitting around waiting putting myself at possible risk. When they get too grown out, Iíll take them off then just get a new set the next time I go in. I also got tired of FB crap so ditched that for awhile too.

Well gals, gonna check my email and see if I have anything from Krogers. Have a good afternoon.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:05 AM   #23  

Jean
My niece is staying for awhile to help out then she is going back to Florida. She has helped her mom and myself a bunch.
Yes, she and nephew are siblings. Tonight is the last night in Battlefield. I would have stayed in Ash Grove tonight but forgot my phone charger.
Most of my personal things are in Ash Grove.

gma
The dentist office called and rescheduled my cleaning. I'm glad for that.
-----------------
Nephew is a bit stressed out because he had travelled from California. He thought he could just go back to work tomorrow but when he called his boss told him he needed to be cleared by a doctor to come back to work. I expected that and normally that would have been the case. He may get to work from home. It's good for him to not get his way all the time.
As for me I'm doing great so far. I'm trying to stay in except for the run to the grocery store.
We've had almost 2 inches of rain today so we are soggy.
I rode my stationary bicycle today out in the garage.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #24  

Good morning, ladies. 68 degrees already headed for 82 today.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:30 AM   #25  

Wal-Mart in all its wisdom announced seniors can shop on Tuesdays from 6-7 am! I won't be going there! People in VA can file for unemployment with no waiting period so at least they will get something. We now have Covid-19 in York County. Internet has been slow because of all those working from home and students.

I keep myself busy but the days are long. My friend Norah called and she has a bad case of shingles. Her doc called in a prescription. My doc is not seeing anyone for routine calls. Dentists have all closed except for emergencies. Just my luck! I am in the process of getting a new partial so that is delayed. I get organic produce every 2 weeks from Misfits Market and that will be here tomorrow.

Grandma, I hope you and Jack are feeling better.

Jean, we cancelled all our groups. We are all in our 70s and 80s. No visitors to hospitals or nursing homes except for spouse or 1 adult child.

Ceejay, I have been riding my exercise bike too and walking. We have a nice trail in my neighborhood.

Have a good day!
Old 03-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #26  

Good morning. Warm, rainy, very humid today. The house is stuffy even with the fans on. I am sitting with my knee propped up watching lousy TV. Jack has been going to work every day because he is essential personnel. No one out there has gotten sick and they have been really good about the whole hand sanitizer, hand washing thing Jack says. Considering itís 99% men thatís pretty amazing.

We did ok with Kroger order. Of course only got one meat selection, but thatís ok. Weíre going out to the commissary on Tuesday as they are closed on Monday and restock so weíll see if we can get the rest of my list. Our meat order ships the 30th but we are good to go until then. We shall see if this is top notch meat or not. If not, itís a one and done and Iíll cancel future deliveries.

People are going to get restless within a week I imagine. Between no work, no shopping or entertainment abilities, no pay, kids at home, etc I imagine thereís gonna be a lot of tension in houses for the next few weeks. I feel for families in this. We old folks even busy ones can stand having to be more sedentary for a bit, but kids need to run off that energy and not get bored.

CeeJay: I imagine your niece will be a great help to her mom and to you. Hope you enjoy living where your sister is. I only have one sibling left and she lives in Arizona. I havenít seen her since my older sister passed, which was almost 3 years.

Susan: Oh your poor friend. My mom used to get shingles and she was miserable. I got the shingles shot last year and have had chicken pox as a child so hope thatís something I never have to deal with. I guess we need to keep our crafts to keep us busy.

Have a good weekend.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #27  

Good Afternoon! The sun has been shining ALL day which has been rare lately. We had rain all day yesterday then snow during th night, probably 2-3". It was enough the snow plows came out which was good because last time our side streets were a mess of frozen ruts for days. I made a list for the grocery store and went early when it was supposed to be senior citizens, health related, or pregnant moms. I saw a few who didn't look 65 but there were no kids. This afternoon I sorted through a cupboard and added to my SOS box. The SOS store is closed right now during the virus shut down so will have another box started, maybe full when they open again.

”Gma,” it’s good you got your Kroger’s order and have enough meat for awhile. I would assume that if your nieces who are teachers, have signed contracts, they will get paid. Perhaps California is different but our teachers are being paid; the districts around us are all doing online lessons. The gift shop buyers go to market as well as ordering merchandise through visiting reps so have shipments coming all the time. The hospital is shuffling their full time, non-medical, employees around to cover what the volunteers usually do. Everything is checked in to be sure nothing is missing nor broken and those invoices need to be paid ASAP. I write the checks then the checks go to the accountant, then the person who signs the checks, and then they are mailed. Some companies give a discount if the buyers use the gift shop credit card, then I get that list once a month to deduct from the check book. I hope Jack’s work place continues to stay healthy. Where he works would be a worry for sure.

Ceejay, I hope your niece can get back home when she is ready to go. I understand flights to Florida are being cancelled. I’m sure she has been a big help to you and your sister. I am not surprised your nephew had to go through a health screening before he could go back to work. He is lucky to have a job to go back to. Our ER is screening patients in a parking lot tent before they are allowed to go into the building. That is scary! Congrats on riding your bike!

Susan, our not-so-wonderful WM doesn’t have special shopping hours. The “you know who” wouldn’t observe them anyway. I feel for Norah as I know the shingles can be very serious. I hope her prescription is helping. I had to laugh at Misfit Market, cute name! Congrats to you for biking and walking! I’m anxious for walking weather to get here too.

It's time to dream up something for supper. I didn't realize how much we ate out until we can't. Maybe we could do carry out tonight since dining-in isn’t possible! Have a nice evening!
Old 03-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #28  

Good Morning! It's cloudy and breezy here this morning. Yesterday was such a beautiful day it would be nice to have two nice days in a row! There are fishermen out on the lake; they have so many clothes on they look like brown marshmallows. I have the bed stripped and sheets in the washer, then the dryer, then back on the bed. I need to vacuum and dust sometime soon. The Sioux City church where we were married, asked members to send pictures to the church, and then taped the pictures to the pews. I thought that was a neat idea and shared it on FB. They will broadcast the sermon live tomorrow on their website. I am making Bob's favorite goulash for lunch; his is macaroni while mine is potatoes. We take turns!

Not much else is newsy from here. Hope you enjoy a super duper Saturday!
Old 03-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #29  

Good afternoon! I started this and Jack needed my help with the freezer so I never got it going much. We had ice stuck on the tongs of the ice maker so the light was blinking and it took forever to figure out why the ice maker kept running and the light wouldnít go off. Itís all quiet now so hopefully it will work right. It was chilly this morning but has warmed up. Hopefully weíll go back to warm temps.

Weíre going to make a trip out to the commissary on Tuesday after Jackís dr appt. We are hoping we can fill in what Kroger didnít have. He was able to get a case of water for me this morning at WM Neighborhood market. He said they had no paper products and hamburger but not much else in the way of meat. The commissary has gone to checking IDís at the door and no one can go in without a military id now because of the virus to cut down on the number of people in the store. Since Monday they are closed and do stock, hopefully Tuesday theyíll have what we need.

I wanted to get some things at Sephora online but it wouldnít take my card. I tried a regular credit card and it went through, checked my Sephora card online to make sure no one had hacked it and it had a zero balance and the credit line was 100% so I am waiting to hear back from them about whatís going on. Guess the stuff will just have to wait.

Jean: Boy the gift shop stuff goes through a lot to pay bills and such. We were talking this morning about people calling certain foods differently for example, goulash. We call it chilimac at our house. Jack likes it either with elbow macaroni or the tiny shells. We got started on that because Jack was reading an article about the worst food from every state. For example, Oklahoma is fried okra and Texas is Frito Chili Pie.
, both of which Jack loves. I think Iowa was loose meat. I think the churches idea with the pictures is a hoot. A whole church filled with parishioners but no parishioners. I know the majority of churches are either streaming their services or not having them at all. I am sure God isnít going to lower the boom if people donít go to church while this is going on. Hopefully no one out there will get sick and test positive because the plant must stay open and running 24/7 and it takes all different skill levels to do so. Jack is the senior control technician out there so more than likely heíll be called on to be there unless he gets sick. One guy refuses to work anything but 11-7 (which they let him get away with for some reason as the control techs work 6-3.) Anyhow we just keep our fingers crossed.

Everyone have a good rest of the weekend.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #30  

Hi ladies
I've been busy the past couple of days, Most things are still in boxes. .
Sissy's kids came out today and helped her some. They brought the riding lawnmower out and nephew mowed the lawn. I will weed eat later in the week when it's not raining. We did have a day with sunshine but Friday we had over 2 inches of rain.
Sis is wanting me to cancel my doctor's appointment but I'm changing to an online pharmacy
I'l be back tomorrow. It's getting a little late.