3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #53 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/318447-steel-magnolias-53-a.html)

gma22 01-19-2020 11:41 AM

Steel Magnolias #53

Good morning. It is cold here today. At least it is dry. Jack is leaving in a couple hours to get his hair cut. I hope to finish the sock today.

I got the letters and board yesterday and it’s great. It will work just fine. I paid for interior decorations when she walks in so I hope they do them. I also bought her this little rattan bag with sunscreen and such in it for the pool/beach from them that’s supposed to be in the room. With it being a suite, we get fancy water and fruit. I try and eat the fruit but he keeps putting more out so I don’t make much headway and Jack is not a fruit eater. :lol:

I put pot roast, carrots and potatoes in the crockpot for dinner. It’s an easy meal. I don’t eat the potatoes but try and eat a lot of carrots. I am having a Kroger delivery tomorrow to see how they do and I ordered several bags of frozen veg to get to eating more of them since Jack isn’t much of a veg eater.

CeeJay: The app I sent you is the pts plus program from WW not the current one. Geez, nineteen pts seems incredibly low. Old plan I think even at your goal weight you’d be in the 20’s.

Chores to get done. Have a good day.

Jean 01-19-2020 01:05 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining brightly but it is very cold; -2, feeling like -24 with a 17 mph wind. :brr: At least the sun makes it look warmer outside. We kept thinking (hoping) church would be cancelled this morning, as it was for last night. The pastor is on vacation and the youth group was in charge of the service. Since Bob was head usher he felt he needed to go; my co-counter hadn’t been plowed out yet so I picked up the money. We had 36 people there, most were the students participating and their parents. Bob was supposed to sing but two of the group live in the country and weren’t plowed out yet last night, so no singing for them today.

Ceejay, it’s been several years since I was in WW, before being able to track points online and cell phones. I had the best luck with the old 1, 2, 3 program and I know there were points but we used paper and pencil to count. Good luck! I am a grazer too so I know how hard that can be. I was still working so wasn’t around the kitchen all day. That is my big challenge now.

”Gma,” the white board and decorations, for your cruise friend, sound like a neat idea. We saw my stepmom on Thanksgiving. She had just gotten out of the hospital and we don’t think she knew us at first. Bob didn’t have his glasses on and she kept looking at him like he was a stranger even though her granddaughter reminded her who we were. I still can’t believe how lucky we were, for the funeral, with the weather. Thanks for starting the new thread.

I need to change clothes, do some decluttering, and put a load of laundry in the washer. We have card club tonight and tomorrow starts a busy week. Banks are closed so will count on Tuesday at church. I need to make a vet appointment for Ernie because he is drinking an unusual amount of water for him. Bob will have to stuff him in the carrier; he won’t be a happy cat. Enjoy your special Sunday! :wave:

ceejay52 01-20-2020 10:41 AM

Mrning
It's very cold here at 17 degree's. Shouldn't complain cause it's above 0. I haven't been outside this morning but will early afternoon.
Went to church yesterday morning and lunch with sis and bil. I bought their lunch for a change yesterday and told sis this was for her birthday on Friday. Bil did "preach" but his voice was very weak and he sat on a stool. He's been in a lot of severe pain. My sis had given me some hope last week but yesterday that was put to rest when I saw him.

Jean
I downloaded the WW app tracker but think I will use paper and pen. This app was complicated but I do like the app calculator. It has the old and new point system on it.

gma
You are such a thoughtful friend to make your friend feel welcome.

Need to get off the computer and get some things done.

Jean 01-21-2020 05:14 PM

Good Afternoon! Our sunshine has disappeared and it’s another cold day in my neighborhood. Church money was skimpy this morning but “my” new computer was up and running, much much faster than the old one. I made the gift shop deposit which was also skimpy after last weeks weather, then I went for a much needed haircut. After lunch I put in a load of laundry and headed to the grocery store. We are supposed to get more snow tonight and the store was crowded for early afternoon. People act like they’re never going to eat again. Bob has a meeting at church tonight so Ernie and I will keep each other company. Ernie spent yesterday at the vet’s; diagnosis is diabetes which didn’t surprise me. We are changing to a prescription food, available only through a vet of course. He likes it so that’s what is important. We will have him checked after we get back from Maui and go from there, may need shots. :(

Ceejay, Cancer is hard for the whole family to watch a loved one suffer and in pain. :cry: I hope your weather is better. It is staying lighter later in the afternoon and I like that! :D

The washer should be done so better get the clothes in the dryer. Enjoy your evening! :wave:

ceejay52 01-21-2020 08:05 PM

Evening,
Had nephew to stop by and help me with the smoke detector as it started to chirp this morning around 5.30. I did change the battery and he put it back on the ceiling. Those wires scare me.
The weather is going to get bad again starting tomorrow. I'm not ready for it, never am. But it is January.
I will be getting to play piano at church during opening for a while. J has resigned that post.

Jean
Sorry to hear about the cat having diabetes, but glad they have food that will help for awhile.

ceejay52 01-22-2020 12:18 PM

gma
I've downloaded the app you gave me and I really like it. It is a lot easier to use than the original WW. I don't think I will go premium just yet.

-------
We have had some sleet but I think the temperatures has warmed enough to melt that already. The traffic on FF seem to be moving at a good pace. I may regret it but I'm going to the gym and then to the grocery store. I need some fruit and yogurt.

gma22 01-23-2020 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning. Another cold day for us and cloudy and supposed to rain most of the day. I will be so glad when spring gets here but I have that toe fungus on left big toe so no sandals right now. I have half the nail cut off and new behind it but need to get it softens enough to cut it all off. I put Vicks on thick part and a fungus stuff on new nail to try and keep it healthy. It has been a pain to try and fix, but don’t want to spend money on a podiatrist unless I have to.

Been busy getting things done. Finished my bffs socks and washed and blocked them this morning. When they’re dry I get them shipped to her along with luggage tags we bought. They are pretty nifty. They are your regular paper address tag with a plastic covering, but they slide into a metal protector and have a metal screw on closure instead of a buckle or plastic. We also got half of our new luggage and it is really nice. It’s a blue plaid from London Fog and Macys had it on sale. We bought 4 pieces and saved $500!! I filled out luggage tags, did a load of laundry, the socks, and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. Dinner shouldn’t be too bad as I’m making Pepper Steak and rice. I’ll bypass the rice and add some veggies. Jack has lost 10 lbs so far and I, 12. Our pre cruise diets lol. I am drinking a lot more water and that’s helping with problems I was having. I have cut out soda except once in awhile with an english muff in pizza or something like that. I found some multi grain ones at Fresh Market, a really good pizza sauce called Raos, some tiny pepperonis about the size of a dime, and the mozz. They make pretty good pizzas and don’t raise my blood sugar like regular pizza would. I bought their premade tuna salad and it’s really good too. I take a 1/4 c and wrap it in a lettuce leaf instead of bread. I’m trying hard to change eating white bread and such. Whole wheat or multi grains. I bought some shell pasta made from chickpeas haven’t tried that yet. :lol:

They took three spots off Jack on Tuesday and we should know next week what’s what. He’s wearing bandaids on his skull, forehead and under his eye. Ho looks pretty funny.
CeeJay: You’ll find the food data base is really large for that pts program. The meal maker is great too. We’ve used it for about 5 yrs now when we stay on it. :lol: I have to adjust what I eat because of the diabetes, but it works fine so I can make sure I lose weight. Oh, if you want to tighten your pts to lose more, they have a boost button under daily goal. It also has a huge dining out data base. We think it’s terrific. I’m sorry your bil is struggling so very much. Can they not control the pain?

Jean: Geez, you’ll freeze your feathers off!! Are you going to Hawaii next month? You’re not having to fly all over the place to get there again are you? Best I could do for my friend to come to FL was going through Charlotte then they changed her flight so she’s leaving South Bend at 6 instead of 8 in a puddle jumper basically. Then instead of hour layover she has 4! I apologized but there’s nothing I can do. Her tickets can’t be changed or refunded. Poor Ernie. Heavens I hope you don’t have to give him shots. That could be a nightmare.

Everyone have a good day.

Jean 01-23-2020 07:48 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: My post just disappeared! I’ll try again later when I am calmer!

Jean 01-23-2020 09:02 PM

:mad: It just happened again! :mad: I give up, will try tomorrow!

ceejay52 01-23-2020 11:18 PM

Our weather has been cloudy and gloomy. And this makes me gloomy. I need some sunshine for awhile. We are supposed to get some snow after midnight. They have missed a big part of the weather this week so I'm hoping they will be wrong for tomorrow.
Sis said that a rep brought in Godfather's pizza for lunch where she works. That's our favorite spot. Now it makes me want some.

gma
Good for you in losing 12 pounds. Will you need new clothes for you cruise? Hope the spots on Jack's body are not any thing to serious.

Jean
Hello :wave:

gma22 01-24-2020 02:18 PM

Good afternoon! Still highs in low forties and no sun. I would love some sunny weather.

I put in my Fresh Market order and one for Kroger. Jack’s gonna pick up the Kroger tomorrow, pick up some cash, mail the socks to my bff then home. My Fresh Market is a long order so he needs to be home. I ordered a couple of things I never had like cashew butter. I like toast once in awhile and will use this like peanut butter. I eat mostly rye bread which they say breaks down sugar slower than white. They also have multi grain croissants which I’d like to try.

I made pepper steak last night and Jack loved it. Kroger has beef cut into strips and it’s perfect for it. I cut the bell pepper and onions in the same strips. It was pretty easy to make too. Jack griped about pts for rice. :lol:

CeeJay: No, my clothes will be fine and they’re all new so they’ll have to work. When your my size, even 30 lbs isn’t going to drop you 3-4 sizes. We’re going to do a packing this weekend to see how everything goes since it’s new baggage. I take a lot of shoes for one thing as we drive not fly so I can take as much as I want.

Everyone have a good weekend. I’m off to unload the dishwasher.

Jean 01-24-2020 05:12 PM

Good Afternoon! It's another gloomy day in my neighborhood but at least it isn't snowing. I went with Bob and phone shopped this morning. He finally broke down and got a smart phone. I can tell it is going to take some patience to get him used to using it. :rolleyes: I've done some laundry, vacuumed, and counted the gift shop money. Now I need to do some dishes when I finish here. Bob has a meeting after work, which should have been on Wednesday but they postponed it because of our weather.

Ceejay, will you get to choose what you play at church? It would be nice if you can. I hope you are having better weather today. I’d like to see the sun! We’ve had too many gloomy days in a row! Godfather’s pizza is my favorite and our’s closed when another pizza/chicken buffet outfit came to town. :( I don’t know why this site kept dumping me off but it made me mad!

”Gma,” :congrat: to you and Jack for losing weight! I will think positive thoughts about Jack’s spots for sure. You have been busy! Yes, we leave for Maui on the 6th. I’ve started a check list but need to round up clothes. I started sorting clothes a couple months ago so have a Good Will pile, a SOS pile, and a “save” pile. Now I just need to get back to them, get rid of what I don’t want, and decide what I want to take. We will have a washer and dryer so can do laundry if I want but would rather not.

I need to keep moving or I will fall asleep sitting here. These gloomy days make me tired for some reason. Hope you enjoy your evening and have a nice weekend! :wave:

ceejay52 01-24-2020 07:15 PM

Jean
I agree about the gloomy days and making us sleepy. I've stayed busier today but slept most of the morning. That is not like me. Think I've been a bit depressed. Maybe I should start planning my get away to my sibling who lives in Georgia. I really do need some sunshine.
Yes, I do get to choose my hymns to play. I just need to practice more.
The page moves around a lot on me plus my cursor. That I don't like. Or the font size size will zoom down to nearly nothing. ugh

gma
Your luggage sound nice. It's good that you can pre pack to see how things will go.
---------

I haven't done a lot today as I slept till 10 o'clock this morning. Think it was because it was dark and snowing outside. We only got a dusting.
I need to put a load of laundry into the dryer.
I made myself go to the gym and work out. My Fitbit is not doing correctly. I should have at leas 30 minutes and close to 4000 steps. Think I will take it off the WW site and see if that helps.

Jean 01-27-2020 05:08 PM

Good Afternoon! It is another foggy, damp feeling day in my neighborhood. It hasn't warmed up enough to melt any snow today, our frozen street ruts remain in tact. Church counting balanced and I ran a couple errands after depositing the gift shop money. Our cable company has raised our bill $65 in the last two months so I stopped by the competitor to check out their introductory offer. We could save about $100 a month with fewer channels but after a year there is no guarantee. I hate learning new channel numbers but with the present company increasing their price seven out of the last fourteen months we just might be at that point. It seems everything is going up in price except our income! I've done some laundry and had a nap, so need to fold towels and get the next load in the dryer.

Ceejay, do you play your piano music reading the music on a tablet? You mentioned the page or cursor moving around. I don’t think I could do that but noticed the pianist doing exactly that at the last music program we attended. My watch quit again over the weekend. :hyper: I reset it and it has been working fine. I really don’t want to buy a new one right now but feel naked :eek: without it. It’s just a plain (old) watch, not a Fitbit.

Hope all is well with all of you! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

ceejay52 01-28-2020 01:26 PM

Jean
The cursor moving around is on this sight. I would not how to begin using a tablet for music. I use an over sized hymnal.

I've had a pretty good week end. Took my bil to Branson yesterday. He didn't get his chemo treatment as his platelets were too low. I spent the night.
This morning I found out that nephew fell off the wagon this week end, He does well for awhile but still has not learned that he can't keep doing this. He told me this morning that he's trying. I told him yes I know you are trying but you still have to pay the consequences for our actions. I also told him that we've tried twice and I cannot let him stay with me any more.

Got to visit with baby O on Sunday. She's 10 months old now and a lot of fun.

It's cold again this morning. We are supposed to get some rain later but that air smells like snow.

gma22 01-28-2020 06:39 PM

Good evening! Not too bad today. We did see the sun. We’re supposed to get rain overnight though. I sure hope the Caribbean settles down. All these earthquakes and such make me nervous about our trip. I read they’ve been happening for a couple months now, but keep increasing in magnitude.

I had to buy a new phone as mine konked out. Jack got me an Iphone 11. I use my tablet more than anything, but my shoulder hurts so much of the time now that I don’t take it with me. I need something when I am out and about that’s more than just a phone. This one is bigger. My old one is an Iphone 5. They sure aren’t cheap and I didn’t get the newest or most expensive.

We had stead and air fried potatoes tonight and I had sliced tomatoes. Can’t wait until I can get homegrown ones from truck farms. We have to vacuum seal meat tomorrow so we’re having chicken patties. Well I think I’m having chicken tenders because I don’t want to eat a bun. He’s having chips and I’l probably have a veg of some kind. He’s lost two more lbs but my knee is giving me trouble and I can’t weigh right now. I wobble so the scale keeps giving me an E. I know I’m losing though because I’m developing a hollow in my throat area. Upping the water a lot is helping a great deal too.

The receptionist out at the plant had breast cancer surgery last Tuesday so I ordered flowers to be delivered Wednesday and they had already sent her home. They flower place didn’t tell us they couldn’t deliver until around 7, so we were scrambling trying to figure out how to get her home address. We looked like two of the stooges. Jack called the plant and nobody answered, I looked them up online white pages, but we weren’t sure if it was them so in the meantime, Jack called his foreman to help. In the meantime, I went to the county property records and looked them up to see if the addresses matched and they did so I sent a chat message to flower place with the home delivery address. I just finished with that when Jack’s foreman texted the address and it matched. Friday she called and left Jack a message thanking him for the flowers so she got them. I was kind of panicking and couldn’t believe they sent her home the next day.

Jean: I noticed direct tv raised ours $10 a month. It will go up another $35 in a couple months when extra innings start and it lasts 6 months. It’s the only way we can watch the games though. They got approved for a rate hike with our utilities too and they’re trying to raise our car tags $75 for next year, which means $150 since we have two cars. Jack’s gonna have to work until he drops over dead at this point. He does want to work as long as possible though because his pension goes up each year he continues to work. It’s ridiculous how prices of services seemed to have skyrocketed. Our phone stuff went up too.

CeeJay: Does your nephew not go to meetings everyday and call his sponsor when he feels the urge to drink? I imagine you had fun with the baby. Your poor bil. Is he mobile or in a wheelchair? I would imagine he tires extremely easily. I’ll keep praying for him. Good luck with your piano playing. I know you’ll do great.

Everyone have a good evening and a nice day tomorrow.

Jean 01-28-2020 07:35 PM

Good Evening! It’s been another gloomy foggy day in my neighborhood. It has that damp cold feeling so the furnace is turned up for the evening. I’ve putzed around most of the day, accomplished some more laundry and cleaned out the fridge which it badly needed. I don’t know why but lately I’ve had trouble going back to sleep if I get up during the night. We need a new mattress but don’t think that’s it. Consequently I am dragging by late afternoon. :yawn:

Ceejay, was your nephew back living with you? Hopefully he will figure it out eventually. It is disappointing when your bil can’t have the chemo. I know that happens. Does he tolerate this kind better than the other chemo he had first? The baby is at such a fun age! :yes: I loved the baby years even though they are a lot of work. We are supposed to get some snow tonight but just a dusting. It is staying lighter later in the afternoon so that’s good.

“Gma,” send the sun my way please! So many gloomy days are sure depressing. Bob finally bit the dust and gave up his flip phone for an iPhone 11. Mine is a 7 so I can’t answer all his questions. Told him to make a list and go see the Verizon lady who sold it to him/us. I wish they would leave things alone! Did you make the steak in the air fryer? Bob’s office friend said she does and it’s really good. Mine is sitting here taking up space and collecting dust. :o You had a challenge to get the flowers delivered! I hope the receptionist gets along ok. Our car license charge is according to the make and weight of the car; the more expensive your car the more you pay. Mine was just $390 and the pickup is $196 because it is listed as Bob’s work vehicle. The cable rep agreed a $65 increase in two months was a bit much but “it is what it is.” We are switching providers when we get home because we also want to keep our land line.

Bob is hinting that he is hungry so guess I will see what is in my clean fridge! Enjoy your evening! :wave:

ceejay52 01-29-2020 12:16 PM

gma
That was a nice jester on sending the flowers. But you honestly did have to do a marathon to get them delivered to the correct address.
No nephew hasn't been going to his meeting or talking to his sponsor. He thinks he's better than that. I'll explain later.

Jean
No nephew is not staying with me.
Nephew thought he would have a place to "hang out" and "dry out" yesterday but he found out differently. Things went from bad to worse before he left. He actually pulled a fist on me yesterday. I tried not to let him see that it frightened me and told him go ahead and hit your 70 year old aunt. I'm really 69.5 years. He ended up hitting the coffee table. That hurt me so bad I cried for more than 20 minutes. I'd texted his mother earlier and told her. Think she called him and told him to leave because he left. I immediately looked up and put the police department's phone number in my phone on speed dial. I text him this morning and apologized and he did too but I told him that he was not welcome at my house unless his brother, mother or step dad was with him. If he continues to come around I'm swearing out a protection order.
I'm now afraid of him.

Jean 01-29-2020 09:17 PM

Good Evening! We got another 1/2" of snow last night, enough to shovel the deck and driveway. I ran some errands this morning one of which was signing with a new cable company the end of February. Before the installer comes I want Bob to help me move the tv furniture away from the corner so I can vacuum what I'm sure is a pile of dust bunnies. I ordered some new knit shirts with three quarter sleeves so washed them. I put shampoo and conditioner in approved travel bottles and unboxed little tubes of toothpaste. I try to do things as I think of them then put them in the carry on bag.

Ceejay, I am so sorry about your nephew’s behavior! :hug: I would be afraid of being alone with him too. I hope he gets smart pretty soon.

Bob has been trying to get his new phone to sync with his pickup and it's not working. Now he is mumbling to himself while he is reading the truck manual. :lol: Enjoy your evening! :wave:

gma22 01-29-2020 09:42 PM

Good evening. It is wet but drying out this evening. I was going to go out to get my nails done but nixed that as I didn’t want to fool with an umbrella. I must go tomorrow though. I have waxing Friday, they’re too busy on the weekend and my mammogram is Monday. They’re closed on Tuesday. I bought several lovely new polishes and I need to try them out.

We fixed a new brand of chicken patties in the air fryer and they were wonderful; nice and crunchy. These are not precooked so they aren’t soggy coming out. I’ll certainly try them again. After putting holes in my vacuum seal bag for the kabobs, I slide them off, washed the sticks and vacuum packed without them. We did meat tonight. I got some nice smoked pork chops and more strips of steak to make pepper steak down the road again.

Jack has been coughing so I hope he’s not getting sick. He bulks at getting his flu shot and I haven’t gotten mine. He says he’s fine, but he tends to hide feeling bad if he can get away with it.

CeeJay: You poor thing how frightening. I don’t blame you telling him not to come alone anymore. I think he needs to rethink doing this on his own because he’s doing a poor job of it. Everybody needs help now and then. There’s sure no shame in it. Look at us we’re on a weight loss site. Granted we don’t talk about it a whole lot, but we started coming here for support. I sure hope your bil gets to feeling better so he can get going on his chemo again. How advanced was his cancer when he was diagnosed? It doesn’t seem like a huge amount of time since you first told us about him. I know you have to be looking forward to spring as you seem to like to do gardening. I noticed because of mild temps the weeds are back again. I told Jack we are killing them then laying mulch across the whole area to ****** the weeds. I’m told they don’t grow through mulch.

Jean: Jack just made an appt Saturday at ATT to take in the phones and get it all set up. My phone is working then not then working then not. I decided not to screw with it and just get a new one. I have a 5 so it’s quite a bit older. Better you than us getting snow. I am a list maker. I just add on to the column it belongs like paperwork or electronics or hygiene, etc. then as I pack I just scratch it off the list. We now have all the new luggage so Jack is going to take it empty out to the car and put it in to make sure we have room. It’s not us traveling, but Vicki’s luggage has to go in the back seat with her from the hotel to the ship terminal so we can spread out ours while traveling but ours all has to fit in the trunk to go to the terminal. We have a big trunk though.

Have a good evening. Weekend is nearly upon us.

Jean 01-30-2020 05:58 PM

Good Afternoon! Another gloomy foggy day in my corner of the world. I needed a few things at the grocery store so headed there first thing this morning. Next I dusted the most visible spots and vacuumed the dust bunnies. I started ironing clothes to pack next week and that has been my day so far. Not much newsy from here today.

”Gma,” do you polish your own nails between your appointments or take your own polish along. My new place puts nail art pictures on Facebook, some of the techs are very creative. What brand were the chicken patties? Did you put bread or cracker crumbs on them to make them crunchy? We bought new luggage because our original soft sided sets from 2006, had zipper issues on our last Maui trip home. I’ve watched them load the plane and I don’t know how any luggage survives. :rolleyes: I hope Jack isn’t getting sick.

Ceejay, how are you today? :dance:

Guess I will see what the mailman delivered today. I paid two credit cards by phone today since both bills would come while we are gone. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Thursday, last Thursday in January! :wave:

Jean 02-01-2020 03:24 PM

Good Afternoon! I am waiting for the washer to finish cleaning itself and then continue to do another load of laundry. The sun is shining today! It is so bright and cheery for a nice change. I did some more ironing this morning and found the crossover purse I think I will take along. I have another larger bag that is actually a laptop bag that I put iPads in along with a book and printed papers for my carry on. Bob gets to claim the piece of carry on luggage. The mouse (mice ?) must be busy under the deck today because the kitten is sitting on the pile of corn and birdseed staring intently down the crack. Every once in awhile he bats at the crack like he is waiting for the mouse to peek out. One of the sites I visit has NOT SECURE in bright red letters today. :dunno: Guess I won’t go there right now.

I need to get back to my ironing. Hope you are enjoying a nice sunny day too. :wave:

ceejay52 02-03-2020 11:44 AM

Morning
I've been MIA for a bit this past week. I decided to bite the dust and go back to MRC but not sure how well I will do.
do. I got a call from nephew yesterday asking if I could come and pick him up and I told him No, I'm done. I have to completely cut ties with him right now. As far as I know he doesn't have a place to stay unless it is with friends. And I'm trying not to let it bother me but it does. I thought he was seeking help but evidently that was short lived.
Talked to my sister in Georgia yesterday and asked if it would be alright for me to come for a visit soon. She said yes so around the last of February to the first of March I'll be going to Atlanta.
Church went well. I did make a couple of mistakes on the piano but I heard some from the other musicians making mistakes as well yesterday. Maybe I can practice on the churches piano this week end. We have a Valentine breakfast at church on Saturday where the men cook for the ladies.
I am wondering whether or not bil will need me to take him to Branson today or whether he will stay in Ash Grove. I bought a top yesterday and need to return it. It's too tight. Then I think I'm going to go back to J.C. Penny and try that store again. I went last Friday and got lost in the mall. I finally went outside and walked around the building of the mall
to find the car.

Jean
The chemo treatment that bil is now getting is for maintenance only. In other words it's keeping him alive.

gma22 02-04-2020 05:59 PM

Good evening. Raining all day and tomorrow too. It is very mild so far this week. Been in 60’s. Not going to last though.

We just finished eating. I made smothered chicken. Jack really likes it and the points aren’t too bad. He’s rolling along losing weight. He lost another 3 lbs. I quit weighing myself. I just can’t stand on our scale without wobbling. I’ll just eat right and leave it until I go to the dr next month.

I did all our packing today to make sure everything fits and it does with room to spare so I have room for all the hygiene stuff I have to take. So when it’s time to repack we know it will all fit. :lol:

Jean: I started getting gels, which last longer and lacquer that lasts long too so I don’t change polish because it has to be filed off. I have never gone and gotten a new set. I need to go, but something seems to come up. I ended up canceling my mammogram because I wasn’t feeling well over the weekend and didn’t want to cancel at the last minute. I hope you two have a great time in Hawaii and have quick and easy flights.

CeeJay: Oh, it’ll be so good for you to get away from all your nephew’s drama and visit with your sister. I really like Atlanta. What’s life without a few booboos? No one is perfect.

Time to clean up the kitchen. Have a good evening.

ceejay52 02-05-2020 06:30 PM

gma
yum,I love smothered chicken. I went back to Metabolic Research Center on a whim but almost stopped at WW. I really need to be accountable.
I'm happy that every thing will fit into the suit case. Will you be taking one for yourself and Jack one for himself.
I need to make an appointment for a mammogram.

Jean
When did you say you were leaving for your trip to Maui.?

Think I will call sis tomorrow to set up a date for me to come to Atlanta
Bil went for his pain block procedure today. It was snowing earlier this morning but a friend from church took he and sis in for the appointment. It was an out patient procedure. We just got flurries here.
I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything this week except to weigh in. I lost 2 pounds. It's really not hard to follow their program but I'm refusing to do all those supplements. I was craving doughnuts this afternoon but got a protein
bar and ate that. That seem to satisfy that craving. I have been on plan today thus far.
Practicing the piano today also. Trying to get some rough spots out of the piece that my hands will not coordinate with the music.
Watched the Senate vote on the impeachment of the President. They acquitted him.
After I weighed in I stopped by J.C. Penny's and bought a quilt for my bed. The other one is looking tired. I used my gift cards that I got for Christmas. I still have 4 dollars left on on of the cards. And I got it for 60% off.

gma22 02-06-2020 09:53 AM

Good morning! Went back to being chilly and we’ve had a lot of rain, but at least no snow. I just want spring to get here. Of course that brings us closer to vacation, which is ok by me. :lol: I had some password issues so couldn’t get in for a couple days.

I am fixing taco salads for dinner tonight. We fix them the way we want them. I brown burger and warm up a can of refried beans, but then we construct them how we want them. Jacks is a meat, onions, beans, cheese, taco sauce, jalapeños kind of guy. I am a kitchen sink. I put meat, beans, cheese, jalapeños, Christmas (red and green combo,) chile sauce, guacamole, sour cream, taco sauce, black olives, lettuce and tomato. They’re small tortilla bowls so hard to get all my stuff in. :lol:

I have been making my grocery lists for the weekend deliveries. I do two weeks at a time and then fill in during week when we need milk, bread, etc. My Kroger one is up to $225 and my Fresh Market is $150. We were out of a lot of stuff and I buy stuff like dish soap and paper towels, etc ahead so I don’t run out. You’d think I had 6 kids instead of just the two of us.

CeeJay: Jack has a big 29” suitcase, two hanging bags, a hygiene hang up bag, his camera bag and backpack for his ipad and laptop. He takes both because he transfers photos onto the laptop. I have a 29”, 25”, a duffle with shoes, a backpack, a large Vera Bradley bag with our clothes just for the driving trip, and a handbag. We definitely don’t travel light. We found because we drive splitting it into three days, it’s so much easier to pack a bag with traveling and sleeping clothes and then we don’t have to carry it all into a hotel every night. Best solution for not giving into cravings is don’t have it in the house and don’t get in your car and go buy it. :lol: Jean left this morning. They fly into Omaha then to Hawaii tomorrow. She emailed me to tell me she couldn’t get in to post and ask that I let you know. I couldn’t get in either so I apologize for not letting you know sooner. If you feel comfortable, message Jean or myself your email or phone number so we can text or email when something happens. I’ll send you mine as soon as I’m done here. Two lbs is great! Just keep plugging away, you’ll get the piano pieces.

Have a great day. Aloha, Jean! We’re jealous of you going where it’s warm.

ceejay52 02-06-2020 12:39 PM

gma
Thanks for the information. I've sent you mine in a reply , same message.

Jean 02-06-2020 11:46 PM

For whatever reason I can get in here tonight. It has been a very long day and I am super tired. The day started at 2am, leaving for the airport at 4. Plane left on time for Chicago where it was snowing and we had to wait for a fire truck and ambulance before we could get in to unload. Then we waited over an hour for planes coming in for passengers going to Maui with us. Instead of 9 1/2 hours to Maui, it was “only” 8 because of no winds. Lots of kids on the plane. Will post personals soon. I am going to bed!

ceejay52 02-07-2020 03:44 PM

Afternoon
Jean
Hope you are enjoying your day in Maui? I'm very envious.

gma
:wave:

Lost another pound at weigh in this morning. It could have been more but i was craving pizza but I only purchased a mini one and had salad with it so not to bad. I could live on pizza but I know it's not the healthiest choice.
Need to do some laundry.

gma22 02-07-2020 05:34 PM

Good afternoon. It snowed here last night and was cold over night, but it melted around noon or so. We’re going to have cold temps but not for long.

I got my other two pairs of dress pants, one of which was a return because of how it was bagged and the tags reattached. It had been in a store and the dope didn’t take off the plastic anti theft tag so I’ve got to take it to the store and get it taken off. :mad:

I put in my grocery orders so one will be delivered tomorrow and Jack will go and pick up the other on Sunday. Then the fun job of putting it all away. I just hope they have the majority of it.

I sure am glad it’s Friday. Jack can rest most of the weekend. He’s doing better but he’s still coughing. Hopefully I won’t catch it.

Jean: You don’t ever seem to have a stress free flight. Hopefully coming home will be better. Have a good time!

CeeJay: Tx I’ll pass it on to Jean when she gets back home. I love really good pizza. Jack is a chain pizza guy but I like a couple places from my home town area. I do like Mellow Mushroom though. I too love pizza but I am a chinese food person. None of them are diet friendly for sure.

Have a great weekend!!

Jean 02-07-2020 07:09 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day in Maui at 79 degrees. I woke up at 3:30 because of the time change and finally got up at 5. I had trouble going to sleep, my brain just wouldn’t shut down. :hyper: We’ve been to breakfast and the grocery store, put groceries away, and now enjoying the mom and baby whales performing for us. We are on the 3rd floor so have a great view! There’s also a big turtle bobbing along the shoreline.

Ceejay, I admire you for telling your nephew “no.” Tough love is hard on the whole family. A trip to visit your sister in Georgia will be a fun thing to look forward to. I’m sure no one notices any mistakes when you play in church except you. We had a bell piece where I had several notes, had to change hands and pick up different bells, plus turn the page. I finally went to the bell room and practiced by myself as well as making a copy of the page turn taping the first couple measures to the bottom of the page. It all really helped. My piano teacher always said, “practice, practice, practice!” :rolleyes: The Valentine Breakfast at church sounds nice, and so great the men will do the cooking! :congrat: on another 3#s gone forever! What color is your new quilt? I finally gave up and put mine away because Ernie likes to lay on our bed if I am upstairs, always in the same spot. I can wash a blanket easier than a quilt.

”Gma,” I had a packing meltdown the night before we left and Bob came to my rescue. I’m either bringing fewer clothes or my new luggage is larger than my old one because I was having a hard time. As it turned out everything shifted down anyhow so will be wearing a few wrinkles. :hyper: I will have room to take some new things home. :D I forgot my nylon jacket so made a quick trip to WM, of all places, on our way to the hotel in Omaha. No nylon jackets but did find a sweater sort of thing that will do. I was afraid the plane would be cold and it was but we had blankets! I would have to share Jack’s taco salad except for the jalapeños. It seems lately that mayo, sour cream, or salsa don’t much settle well in my stomach. Last night I ordered lasagna from a table cloth and flower in a vase type restaurant; it was very good and a huge piece so brought half home but I felt overly stuffed and uncomfortable the rest of the evening. That could also be part of the reason why I had trouble falling asleep. Does your WM deliver groceries? I saw on FB someone felt they got food poisoning from fresh fruit/veggies there; it wasn’t our store. I never buy anything except boxed or canned things there.

We are going to check on whale watch tickets down at the harbor. Have a great day! :wave:

gma22 02-09-2020 07:45 PM

This thread is closed. Go to #54

ceejay52 02-09-2020 09:39 PM

Evening
It's been a long day. First church, in which I'm not proud of my piano playing. Jean, yes practice, practice practice. I'm going to give it one more try and then I'm asking J to please come back and do it. The arthritis in my thumbs are a big part of it but the keyboard is another part of it. It's hard to transition from one to the other. It's the feel of the keys that get me and not being used to the sound is the other. This one is set for a grand piano which is okay but I'm not used to that richer tone/sound. I told bil I was going come out Friday to practice but I don't have a key to the church. He said I could use his. He's not there all day.
Bil called a meeting with the Elders to talk about his retirement. Sigh. I knew it was coming. He will participate as long as he can but he wants to hire an interim pastor to help him when he needs it. and let us get used to the new pastor before he completely retires. I think his decision will be based on his next CT or MRI scan.

Sis told me this afternoon that nephew has gone to a different rehab facility in California. and before that he rear ended a car but he was not drunk at the time nor had alcohol in his system. So thankful for that. She is wanting to try a different approach for recovery. I looked it up on line and it sounds great. I told sis it was like he couldn't handle the outside world after the recovery. We shall see if this one works. She still doesn't believe that he drew a fist, but that's okay. The least said the better.

Jean
Ah a warm 79 degree day in Hawaii sounds divine. It sounds like you have a nice view too. It's been cold and wet here today. Sis in Atlanta had snow last week!

gma
Did you get the information I sent you? Silly me didn't include my name. I will send that in a bit. Have you started a new project or will you wait till after vacation?
-----
this is about it for me tonight.