3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #53 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/318447-steel-magnolias-53-a.html)

gma22 01-19-2020 12:41 PM

Steel Magnolias #53

Good morning. It is cold here today. At least it is dry. Jack is leaving in a couple hours to get his hair cut. I hope to finish the sock today.

I got the letters and board yesterday and itís great. It will work just fine. I paid for interior decorations when she walks in so I hope they do them. I also bought her this little rattan bag with sunscreen and such in it for the pool/beach from them thatís supposed to be in the room. With it being a suite, we get fancy water and fruit. I try and eat the fruit but he keeps putting more out so I donít make much headway and Jack is not a fruit eater. :lol:

I put pot roast, carrots and potatoes in the crockpot for dinner. Itís an easy meal. I donít eat the potatoes but try and eat a lot of carrots. I am having a Kroger delivery tomorrow to see how they do and I ordered several bags of frozen veg to get to eating more of them since Jack isnít much of a veg eater.

CeeJay: The app I sent you is the pts plus program from WW not the current one. Geez, nineteen pts seems incredibly low. Old plan I think even at your goal weight youíd be in the 20ís.

Chores to get done. Have a good day.

Jean 01-19-2020 02:05 PM

Good Morning! The sun is shining brightly but it is very cold; -2, feeling like -24 with a 17 mph wind. :brr: At least the sun makes it look warmer outside. We kept thinking (hoping) church would be cancelled this morning, as it was for last night. The pastor is on vacation and the youth group was in charge of the service. Since Bob was head usher he felt he needed to go; my co-counter hadn’t been plowed out yet so I picked up the money. We had 36 people there, most were the students participating and their parents. Bob was supposed to sing but two of the group live in the country and weren’t plowed out yet last night, so no singing for them today.

Ceejay, it’s been several years since I was in WW, before being able to track points online and cell phones. I had the best luck with the old 1, 2, 3 program and I know there were points but we used paper and pencil to count. Good luck! I am a grazer too so I know how hard that can be. I was still working so wasn’t around the kitchen all day. That is my big challenge now.

”Gma,” the white board and decorations, for your cruise friend, sound like a neat idea. We saw my stepmom on Thanksgiving. She had just gotten out of the hospital and we don’t think she knew us at first. Bob didn’t have his glasses on and she kept looking at him like he was a stranger even though her granddaughter reminded her who we were. I still can’t believe how lucky we were, for the funeral, with the weather. Thanks for starting the new thread.

I need to change clothes, do some decluttering, and put a load of laundry in the washer. We have card club tonight and tomorrow starts a busy week. Banks are closed so will count on Tuesday at church. I need to make a vet appointment for Ernie because he is drinking an unusual amount of water for him. Bob will have to stuff him in the carrier; he won’t be a happy cat. Enjoy your special Sunday! :wave:

ceejay52 01-20-2020 11:41 AM

Mrning
It's very cold here at 17 degree's. Shouldn't complain cause it's above 0. I haven't been outside this morning but will early afternoon.
Went to church yesterday morning and lunch with sis and bil. I bought their lunch for a change yesterday and told sis this was for her birthday on Friday. Bil did "preach" but his voice was very weak and he sat on a stool. He's been in a lot of severe pain. My sis had given me some hope last week but yesterday that was put to rest when I saw him.

Jean
I downloaded the WW app tracker but think I will use paper and pen. This app was complicated but I do like the app calculator. It has the old and new point system on it.

gma
You are such a thoughtful friend to make your friend feel welcome.

Need to get off the computer and get some things done.

Jean 01-21-2020 06:14 PM

Good Afternoon! Our sunshine has disappeared and it’s another cold day in my neighborhood. Church money was skimpy this morning but “my” new computer was up and running, much much faster than the old one. I made the gift shop deposit which was also skimpy after last weeks weather, then I went for a much needed haircut. After lunch I put in a load of laundry and headed to the grocery store. We are supposed to get more snow tonight and the store was crowded for early afternoon. People act like they’re never going to eat again. Bob has a meeting at church tonight so Ernie and I will keep each other company. Ernie spent yesterday at the vet’s; diagnosis is diabetes which didn’t surprise me. We are changing to a prescription food, available only through a vet of course. He likes it so that’s what is important. We will have him checked after we get back from Maui and go from there, may need shots. :(

Ceejay, Cancer is hard for the whole family to watch a loved one suffer and in pain. :cry: I hope your weather is better. It is staying lighter later in the afternoon and I like that! :D

The washer should be done so better get the clothes in the dryer. Enjoy your evening! :wave:

ceejay52 01-21-2020 09:05 PM

Evening,
Had nephew to stop by and help me with the smoke detector as it started to chirp this morning around 5.30. I did change the battery and he put it back on the ceiling. Those wires scare me.
The weather is going to get bad again starting tomorrow. I'm not ready for it, never am. But it is January.
I will be getting to play piano at church during opening for a while. J has resigned that post.

Jean
Sorry to hear about the cat having diabetes, but glad they have food that will help for awhile.

ceejay52 01-22-2020 01:18 PM

gma
I've downloaded the app you gave me and I really like it. It is a lot easier to use than the original WW. I don't think I will go premium just yet.

-------
We have had some sleet but I think the temperatures has warmed enough to melt that already. The traffic on FF seem to be moving at a good pace. I may regret it but I'm going to the gym and then to the grocery store. I need some fruit and yogurt.

gma22 01-23-2020 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning. Another cold day for us and cloudy and supposed to rain most of the day. I will be so glad when spring gets here but I have that toe fungus on left big toe so no sandals right now. I have half the nail cut off and new behind it but need to get it softens enough to cut it all off. I put Vicks on thick part and a fungus stuff on new nail to try and keep it healthy. It has been a pain to try and fix, but donít want to spend money on a podiatrist unless I have to.

Been busy getting things done. Finished my bffs socks and washed and blocked them this morning. When theyíre dry I get them shipped to her along with luggage tags we bought. They are pretty nifty. They are your regular paper address tag with a plastic covering, but they slide into a metal protector and have a metal screw on closure instead of a buckle or plastic. We also got half of our new luggage and it is really nice. Itís a blue plaid from London Fog and Macys had it on sale. We bought 4 pieces and saved $500!! I filled out luggage tags, did a load of laundry, the socks, and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. Dinner shouldnít be too bad as Iím making Pepper Steak and rice. Iíll bypass the rice and add some veggies. Jack has lost 10 lbs so far and I, 12. Our pre cruise diets lol. I am drinking a lot more water and thatís helping with problems I was having. I have cut out soda except once in awhile with an english muff in pizza or something like that. I found some multi grain ones at Fresh Market, a really good pizza sauce called Raos, some tiny pepperonis about the size of a dime, and the mozz. They make pretty good pizzas and donít raise my blood sugar like regular pizza would. I bought their premade tuna salad and itís really good too. I take a 1/4 c and wrap it in a lettuce leaf instead of bread. Iím trying hard to change eating white bread and such. Whole wheat or multi grains. I bought some shell pasta made from chickpeas havenít tried that yet. :lol:

They took three spots off Jack on Tuesday and we should know next week whatís what. Heís wearing bandaids on his skull, forehead and under his eye. Ho looks pretty funny.
CeeJay: Youíll find the food data base is really large for that pts program. The meal maker is great too. Weíve used it for about 5 yrs now when we stay on it. :lol: I have to adjust what I eat because of the diabetes, but it works fine so I can make sure I lose weight. Oh, if you want to tighten your pts to lose more, they have a boost button under daily goal. It also has a huge dining out data base. We think itís terrific. Iím sorry your bil is struggling so very much. Can they not control the pain?

Jean: Geez, youíll freeze your feathers off!! Are you going to Hawaii next month? Youíre not having to fly all over the place to get there again are you? Best I could do for my friend to come to FL was going through Charlotte then they changed her flight so sheís leaving South Bend at 6 instead of 8 in a puddle jumper basically. Then instead of hour layover she has 4! I apologized but thereís nothing I can do. Her tickets canít be changed or refunded. Poor Ernie. Heavens I hope you donít have to give him shots. That could be a nightmare.

Everyone have a good day.

Jean 01-23-2020 08:48 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: My post just disappeared! I’ll try again later when I am calmer!

Jean 01-23-2020 10:02 PM

:mad: It just happened again! :mad: I give up, will try tomorrow!

ceejay52 01-24-2020 12:18 AM

Our weather has been cloudy and gloomy. And this makes me gloomy. I need some sunshine for awhile. We are supposed to get some snow after midnight. They have missed a big part of the weather this week so I'm hoping they will be wrong for tomorrow.
Sis said that a rep brought in Godfather's pizza for lunch where she works. That's our favorite spot. Now it makes me want some.

gma
Good for you in losing 12 pounds. Will you need new clothes for you cruise? Hope the spots on Jack's body are not any thing to serious.

Jean
Hello :wave:

gma22 01-24-2020 03:18 PM

Good afternoon! Still highs in low forties and no sun. I would love some sunny weather.

I put in my Fresh Market order and one for Kroger. Jackís gonna pick up the Kroger tomorrow, pick up some cash, mail the socks to my bff then home. My Fresh Market is a long order so he needs to be home. I ordered a couple of things I never had like cashew butter. I like toast once in awhile and will use this like peanut butter. I eat mostly rye bread which they say breaks down sugar slower than white. They also have multi grain croissants which Iíd like to try.

I made pepper steak last night and Jack loved it. Kroger has beef cut into strips and itís perfect for it. I cut the bell pepper and onions in the same strips. It was pretty easy to make too. Jack griped about pts for rice. :lol:

CeeJay: No, my clothes will be fine and theyíre all new so theyíll have to work. When your my size, even 30 lbs isnít going to drop you 3-4 sizes. Weíre going to do a packing this weekend to see how everything goes since itís new baggage. I take a lot of shoes for one thing as we drive not fly so I can take as much as I want.

Everyone have a good weekend. Iím off to unload the dishwasher.

Jean 01-24-2020 06:12 PM

Good Afternoon! It's another gloomy day in my neighborhood but at least it isn't snowing. I went with Bob and phone shopped this morning. He finally broke down and got a smart phone. I can tell it is going to take some patience to get him used to using it. :rolleyes: I've done some laundry, vacuumed, and counted the gift shop money. Now I need to do some dishes when I finish here. Bob has a meeting after work, which should have been on Wednesday but they postponed it because of our weather.

Ceejay, will you get to choose what you play at church? It would be nice if you can. I hope you are having better weather today. I’d like to see the sun! We’ve had too many gloomy days in a row! Godfather’s pizza is my favorite and our’s closed when another pizza/chicken buffet outfit came to town. :( I don’t know why this site kept dumping me off but it made me mad!

”Gma,” :congrat: to you and Jack for losing weight! I will think positive thoughts about Jack’s spots for sure. You have been busy! Yes, we leave for Maui on the 6th. I’ve started a check list but need to round up clothes. I started sorting clothes a couple months ago so have a Good Will pile, a SOS pile, and a “save” pile. Now I just need to get back to them, get rid of what I don’t want, and decide what I want to take. We will have a washer and dryer so can do laundry if I want but would rather not.

I need to keep moving or I will fall asleep sitting here. These gloomy days make me tired for some reason. Hope you enjoy your evening and have a nice weekend! :wave:

ceejay52 01-24-2020 08:15 PM

Jean
I agree about the gloomy days and making us sleepy. I've stayed busier today but slept most of the morning. That is not like me. Think I've been a bit depressed. Maybe I should start planning my get away to my sibling who lives in Georgia. I really do need some sunshine.
Yes, I do get to choose my hymns to play. I just need to practice more.
The page moves around a lot on me plus my cursor. That I don't like. Or the font size size will zoom down to nearly nothing. ugh

gma
Your luggage sound nice. It's good that you can pre pack to see how things will go.
---------

I haven't done a lot today as I slept till 10 o'clock this morning. Think it was because it was dark and snowing outside. We only got a dusting.
I need to put a load of laundry into the dryer.
I made myself go to the gym and work out. My Fitbit is not doing correctly. I should have at leas 30 minutes and close to 4000 steps. Think I will take it off the WW site and see if that helps.

Jean 01-27-2020 06:08 PM

Good Afternoon! It is another foggy, damp feeling day in my neighborhood. It hasn't warmed up enough to melt any snow today, our frozen street ruts remain in tact. Church counting balanced and I ran a couple errands after depositing the gift shop money. Our cable company has raised our bill $65 in the last two months so I stopped by the competitor to check out their introductory offer. We could save about $100 a month with fewer channels but after a year there is no guarantee. I hate learning new channel numbers but with the present company increasing their price seven out of the last fourteen months we just might be at that point. It seems everything is going up in price except our income! I've done some laundry and had a nap, so need to fold towels and get the next load in the dryer.

Ceejay, do you play your piano music reading the music on a tablet? You mentioned the page or cursor moving around. I don’t think I could do that but noticed the pianist doing exactly that at the last music program we attended. My watch quit again over the weekend. :hyper: I reset it and it has been working fine. I really don’t want to buy a new one right now but feel naked :eek: without it. It’s just a plain (old) watch, not a Fitbit.

Hope all is well with all of you! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :wave:

ceejay52 01-28-2020 02:26 PM

Jean
The cursor moving around is on this sight. I would not how to begin using a tablet for music. I use an over sized hymnal.

I've had a pretty good week end. Took my bil to Branson yesterday. He didn't get his chemo treatment as his platelets were too low. I spent the night.
This morning I found out that nephew fell off the wagon this week end, He does well for awhile but still has not learned that he can't keep doing this. He told me this morning that he's trying. I told him yes I know you are trying but you still have to pay the consequences for our actions. I also told him that we've tried twice and I cannot let him stay with me any more.

Got to visit with baby O on Sunday. She's 10 months old now and a lot of fun.

It's cold again this morning. We are supposed to get some rain later but that air smells like snow.