Old 01-09-2020, 04:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - wish Curtis all the best from me. I really hope he gets better soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes, prayers and good mojo. Curtis seems to be getting better each day. He did a very short walk yesterday. Sam took him as I am at work. He plans another walk today for a greater distance. Sam has been such a blessing through all of this. Meanwhile we are being audited for 2017 taxes which all info was due today. Sam copied all receipts etc to be sent in. That took her two days as it was when C was in business for himself and had gas and food receipts out the ying yang. Yes let's attack the little guy just trying to get by. Thankfully we were truthful on our taxes and have receipts etc. Just hope they see it all our way. Yeeeee. Too add to the pain, I broke my toe. My ring toe (ring finger). Clubbed it on the bed frame. Shoes are painful.

Bright sides:..we have met our deductible for 2020 and just have to make payments on it. Only 8K. So might as well get all medical issues taken care of this year. Thank God I got home in time to get to C, pop him a nitroglycerin which help save him before ambulance got there. The grand boys were not at home when it all happened. and so much more. Many friends and family to pray and pray and pray. God is good and listens.

LAURA...sorry about your nephew. I missed that one.

SHADDIE...praying for all in Australia. Happy bd son!

SUSIE...congrats on getting back to you and weightloss.

CEEG...glad the nephew is staying away so you can have peace.

HAPPY..hope everyone is feeling better at your house. I bet the kitties are such a joy to watch. and so funny.

Today is a blessing, thank your HP (higher power). and make the best of it.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and LAURA>..glad you are healing and winning battles with insurance.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #19  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Going to try and post more regularly, even if it's a short post.

Saw your post on Facebook - glad C is home Annie and resting. Quite the scare for you. Some might see the irony that he adjusted his lifestyle and then has a heart attack BUT this may contribute to why he is still around too. I hope things can quiet down and he can recover nicely. I guess you have some work ahead of you. Life tends to throw curveballs. I hope his daughters stepped up also to be by his side. to you

Laura - regarding your comment about cancer, I was watching the news the other night and they said because of drugs mostly they have saved over 3,000,000 people in the last 10 years from cancers that would have otherwise been terminal. One of the doctors said it's ironic that they have screenings for the 2 most common cancers - breast and colorectal yet people don't take advantage of the screenings so they could be more treatable if caught early enough. I looked over at the Cologard box I have been avoiding dealing with and felt a bit ashamed. But it's still good that they are able to treat things more than they could. Diversion tactics with Moms - I call it her putting on her dancing shoes. She is just amazing when it comes to ignoring and deflection. Sigh. :shrug. Glad you are getting along with your foot and you stuck with the short term disability folks. Good thing you don't have snow and ice to worry about as you are out and about. Having a sturdy boot to protect your foot will help.

Not much going on here at home. Spent the day with a friend yesterday. We watched the movie Crazy Rich Asians - thought it was a comedy but was very different from what we thought it would be. L just wanted to gawk at Henry Golding so it didn't matter. I liked him in Last Christmas much better. Kittens are growing. Tarzan climbs over everything in search of food. Shiloh likes to play fetch with her toy mouse. I throw it and she brings it back in her mouth and drops it at my feet. Cute.

Hope everyone's day is going well.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Evening
We just had a very bad thunderstorm. very close lightning, move through. We are still under a flash flood watch and tornado watch tonight. It's been 60 degree's today. My grass is looking green. The temperatures are supposed to drop tonight and early tomorrow and will end up with snow. They are calling for 1-3 inches. I have what I need for the next couple of day so there is no need in me getting out in it.
Cleaned my bathroom today and that's about it. Still haven't made my soup but will in the morning.
My right ear has been giving me fits this week. Should have gone to the minute clinic to see whether or not it's an ear infection. If it's not better I will on Monday. You can't get an appointment with the doctor as they are usually booked for two to three weeks in advanced.
I have an appointment Monday with some one to talk about Medicare options. Don't really want to do this but guess it's better than doing it over the phone.

Anni
Ouch on the broken toe. That hurts. Healing thoughts coming your way and for Curtis.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Time escape me last week.
I have not been feeling well st since December 29.

I thought my bladder disease was flared up, so I was doing all the things I do to help it calm down.

I would feel a little better for a day or so and the next day, extreme pain; an IC flare feels like a uti but when they test your urine, there isnt one.

I had enough of it last Wednesday and called my urologist, they told me to come in give them a sample.

I did and low and behold, I had a uti. I have cipro on hand in case I fell like I might have a uti, but it is so hard to tell some times. I did start the cipro but I kept feeling worse each day.

My doctor said it wasnt working and changed the antibiotics and in 3 days I was a new woman. I am still on the antibiotics for a few more days to finish the script out.

I didnt miss any work but one day I did work from home,

From now on, if I think it is a flare, I am going to the doctor and giving them a sample.

I was down at TOPS last Thursday with a 1.2 lb loss.

Workout on bike is finished, time to get a shower and get ready for work. Busy week this week.

Will come back for personals when I get home tonight.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:49 AM   #22  

Please excuse any typos, I am on the exercise bike.

Anne, Thank goodness you had nitroglycerin on hand and that you acted quickly.

How awful that C was being audited at this same time. But thank goodness Sam was able to get all the documentation together. Is the audit finished our are they looking the documents over now?

You mentioned C went for a walk. That sounds promising.

Ceejay: did you get to the clinic about your ear or did the snow keep you homebound?

Laura: It sounds like the foot is healing correctly but I know it will take time and work to get back to normal. Are you going into the office now or still working from home?

I am not sure what to say about the BF situation and the moods it seems he has. It seems to me that as men age they get worse in that area. I have gone through some of that with my DH off and on.....and it can drive a girl batty for sure.

Happy: I love hearing about the kittens. I can tell they bring you joy.

Shad: how is the weather? There is a lot in our news about the fires and how it is affecting the wildlife.

I beleive the tennis matches are still on to be played as usual?

Thanks ladies for the 30 min visit while I finished my bike ride. I went 5.511 miles in 30 min. It went really fast visiting with you all!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Yikes the days fly by quickly. This is going to be a short post, I have to get ready in a few minutes - back to the oral surgeon for the CT scan to start part 2 of the teeth in motion. Then to the dentist - this partial denture does not fit well at all and it is driving me crazy. It's warped feeling so using denture adhesive does nothing. I am not keen on 5 or 6 more months of this. Not much going on. Bingo on Saturdays is a small crowd but we are making some money so all is good. DH is enjoying himself working. I have to make a complicated website fix for the Humane Society I keep forgetting about. Won't happen today or tomorrow either - after the dentist we might stop and get something to eat, tonight I am going with a friend to see the movie Little Women. IF I don't fall asleep - yesterday we went grocery shopping - first time since the holidays and I bought a ton of produce. When I buy alot like this I like to write it down on a list so I don't waste it and it's a reminder when I can't think of what I want. I put away the cold stuff immediately but had the other things to go through after dinner. Then I watched the news and then my sister called and we chatted for a very long time. It was pretty late when I started on the groceries. Then I washed the dishes, fed the cats, put away some other stuff and cleaned the counters. Next thing I know it's 2:30am and I had to get up early today. I will take a Valium before this dental appointment so that and lack of sleep will probably make me woozy / dozy. Might skip the movie tonight although I do want to see it. Supposed to go see 1917 with them tomorrow night - not crazy about that movie but it's got a lot of Oscar buzz. My Mom seems to be stable now - that's good.

Susie - hope you are feeling better now. I see how DH suffered with his UTI and my heart goes out to you. Congrats on chipping away at the extra pounds!

Ceejay - isn't it too late to change your Medicare options? Hope you didn't get too much snow and if you did, enjoy it being pretty.

Laura - are you back in the office now? How's the commute going?

Hope you are feeling better too Annie with the ouchie toe. No time to be limping around.

Hello Shad

Gotta get into the shower now. Have a good one ladies.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #24  

Morning all,
The days get away from me. It's not that I am all that busy but I start fluffing about and cleaning or clearing this or that and before I know it the day has gone and not a lot has been achieved.
This morning it is raining. There has been a shift in the weather patterns over the past couple of weeks and we seem to be back into monsoon system in the north and that means some rain down here. I may have to mow the lawns soon - first time in months. Looking at the meteorological radar map it is almost over already and none of it will have penetrated the inland where the fires still rage. It will take months to put those out.

Happy - yes we did the fireworks and you aren't the only one surprised. However, when you think about it, these are organised paid for, and arranged many, many months in advance. So with fewer crowds and hot smoky weather, they went ahead in the major cities.
As for the mothers (both yours and Laura's) I can well remember my mother treading the same path and how we had to force her into care (which she never forgave me for). We put her into a care home for the aged for a week to be assessed. Then I had to go over and tell her that she could no longer live alone and needed full time care. The choice there was to sell her house and use the money to extend my sisters house so mum could live with her or leave her in the care home. No choice really since my sister works full time and couldn't be with her all the time. And she was apt to wander. So we left her there amid the howls and shouts and tantrums. She did have some of her furniture with her but it really was the beginning of 5 years of **** with her. As for the ex - well it was always about him and is not getting any better. My son tells me he has to cut things short when talking to his father because he gets tired of the moaning and groaning and the 'everyone except me is wrong' syndrome. Still reading your next post, it could have been the medication that was affecting him. Certain meds seem to muck with my head.

Ceejay - no I am nowhere near the fires. The closest is probably 500km away and the worst is now down in South Australia about 2500km away. There is a lot of fund raising going on to help the firefighters and the wildlife. There are also the mainstream charities to donate to if you wish. Most of us are not donating to these because of the high costs of their overheads coming out of the donated money and the CEO's are on big salaries - not my idea of a charity. Still we are grateful that the world in general has come to our aid and we are especially grateful to the firefighters from NZ, Canada and the US who gave up their Christmas' and holidays to help out our worn out volunteers. Meantime our lousy government sits back and tells us what they are going to do. The poor old farmers out west of here have been in drought for nearly 7 years, lost most of their livestock and are more likely to commit suicide that the rest of the population and who were promised help long before all the fires started and still haven't got it. Probably dirtbag no1 is waiting for these millions to pour in from overseas and then will say that nobody needs the governments money. Bah humbug. Sorry rant over.
I hope BIL is responding to the chemo and radiation having been through that myself. I can understand your reluctance to take it on should the worst happen, but until you are faced with a life and death situation, you never know how you will react.

Annie: Hope C is feeling better about life now. He is home from the hospital early. I would have thought he would be there a little longer for observation. It's good that he is going for gentle walks and keeping a bit active. He needs exercise to help heal the heart and arteries. Thank heaven for Sam eh!

Laura: Great that you had a victory with your ST Disability people. Lordy how I hate insurance companies. They are on a par with politicians in my book

Susie - hope the UTI has cleared up now and you are back on track. Well done on the loss of weight. You are on the downward trend again. Good riding on the bike.

Well as most of you know I had some sort of bug over Christmas and New Year. I finally took it off to the Doctor who determined I had a bug called Gardia which is spread by food and water. I'm not contagious at least that's something. So I am on the last days of antibiotics which I don't think are actually doing the job too well. But at least I am not gassy as previously. I was so pleased I lived alone in the early stages. It was not a pretty sight (or smell). So since the antibiotics normal reaction in my body is to delete anything and everything, I now have the great job of putting back the good bacteria in the gut and generally getting fitter (instead of fatter) although I have lost about 2kg since it began. Good start to the yearly weight loss goals.
I have the 2 grand nieces coming over for Monday and Tuesday next week. We will be making ice cream and doing some gardening and maybe some art work if I can find some cheap enough. The ice cream will be made traditional NZ style (eggs, milk, cream) so won't be low on the calorie scale. I thought we might have their Nana and grandpop over plus a few other people to look at the finished product on the 2nd day and see who has made the best ice cream. That should keep them busy for a while.
Okay, going out shortly for coffee with a friend so better head off to the shower and get some of the mud off me. Oh yes I forgot to mention that dog and I went for a walk this morning and it has been raining so the ground being as hard and dry as it was wasn't soaking in the water very quickly. The dog jumped in all the puddles and I slipped over in the mud and got plastered with the stuff all down the left leg and arm. Dog of course being his usual protective self came over to see why I was lying on the ground and proceeded to lick me better. That made it harder to get up and I slid around in the mud trying to avoid him somewhat. So pleased there wasn't anyone else around to see the mud and mayhem. Gotta go. Have a good one - and ask yourself - 'Do I really need to put that in my mouth'.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #25  

Happy: how did the appointments go?

What did you think of the Little Women movie?

Shad: I could just picture you and the dog in the mud puddle! Lol

I am glad you are feeling better and that they had you on meds to get there. What sort of things are you take and eating to get good bacteria in your body?

Hello to Laura,Ceejay and Anne.

My work is busy and daily I am still learning things. It makes my brain tired when I get home.

DH told me that last night I sat up in bed, eyes wide open and plainly said, "Dont come any closer, stay right there, you are good at that distance "

I dont remember dreaming or thinking about anything when I went to sleep. It is crazy how our minds work.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #26  
Choose your hard

Good morning to you ladies,

The pile of things to do is getting bigger and bigger. Wish I had a pause button so I could stop things for a few days and catch up. Did see the movie Little Women last night. It was ok. It was one of those movies that jumped back and forth between past and present and future and since (horrors) I had never read the book, I was not sure what was going on and often I was behind for a few moments trying to figure out the story line. Meryl Streep plays Aunt March and dang - that wonderful makeup team made her look like my 93 year old Mum!!! Despite the implication in the trailers - she actually has a very small role in the movie. She is a great actress but I don't think she fit in this one. Aunt March would have better been played by Dame Maggie Smith IMHO. So that sort of blew away my evening. Tonight we are meeting the same friends for dinner and going to see the movie 1917 - another half day lost. Blew the first half of yesterday at the oral surgeon and dentist. I knew I should have popped a valium for the CT scan but forgot about it until we pulled up to the office. I am claustrophobic. The CT scanner is in a small cubbyhole / closet area. It's kind of dark in there. And they strap you into this chair and you have to keep still so they literally strap your head to a board. They didn't have me fitted into the chair properly - upright but the seat too high and I had to stretch on tip toes to stay in the seat - very uncomfortable. Then they shove - SHOVE this bar across your chest - it's very tight and had a chin cup on a stick that also presses uncomfortably into your face. All meant to not allow any movement whatsoever. You have a very heavy lead cover over you to protect your thyroid and organs from the radiation. And there is a tray you put in your mouth with goo in it that glows when they take the scan to simulate the placement of the missing teeth, it's loose so you have to clamp down on it. They put a giant row of cotton batting under your entire tongue to sop up any saliva - I guess wetness is bad. And they take an equally big line of cotton and put it under your upper lip - like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. Finally they put this large wooden stick in your mouth and tell you to chomp down to hold the tray in place and then belt you into the machine. It is NOT a pleasant experience. At first I was sorely regretting not taking the Valium as the inability to move just sent the claustrophobia into overdrive and I was fighting the panic. Then when they started the machine I was terrified that this thing was going to entirely cover my face which is the worst of all nightmares. I panicked and jiggled and they had to take me out and most annoyingly had to re calibrate the machine and I had to revisit this ordeal all over again. This time I fought the panic because I knew what was coming and just fervently prayed to distract my mind from going down the rabbit hole. Then it was on to the dentist office. I said this partial was wobbly and was irritating my mouth and I was afraid it was going to break the 3 crowns the wires were hitting on. Dentist was kind, said they will re-line the partial. When they make it initially they allow for some post surgical swelling and as you heal, the swelling shrinks - very common to loosen as it did. Trouble is the dental lab is a 2 hour drive. I had to choice of driving to the dentist (one hour from home), dropping the partial there to be picked up by the lab. Go home (another hour ride). Be toothless (which doesn't bother me if I'm at home) all day and drive another hour back the next afternoon to pick up and refit the partial. OR we could drive to the dentist, stop and take a new impression then drive to the lab (another hour south) and spend the day in Eau Claire while the dental lab did their thing. Then pick up the partial and drive back to the dentist where I'd get it tweaked and refit as needed and another hour's drive back home. DH said he didn't care which option and we went back and forth. So I did some looking around when I got home and saw there is a place an hour's drive from the dental lab on the Mississippi River where eagles spend the winter. Since he is always up for a photo opportunity, I thought he might like that. No matter what, there is a lot of driving going on. Especially because we have to go the day before 2 hours north in the other direction to go get him his pain shot in the neck.

So I didn't get to the laundry, clear the counter clutter or change the bedding that I wanted to do - that rolls over to today. I also wanted to make some soup to use up groceries I got the other day. I did buy a package of those plant based burgers only to find when I got home and read the label (which I should have done in the store but was in a hurry) that the burgers are soy based protein and I avoid soy as much as possible. Sigh. I also have this website fix to do and I'm sure the people at the Shelter are chomping at the bit to get it done. Also today when I turned on my computer it said Windows 7 is no longer supported and my computer will be vulnerable because it will not longer get updates. That means I HAVE to get all my stuff transferred to my new laptop that has been sitting on the counter for 4 months now waiting for that to happen. It's such a mess to change computers and passwords and all those bits that make your current computer so comfy and easy to use and the new one such a hassle.

Talked to my Mom last night. She asked about the fires in Australia Shad and asked if it affected you. She said she was looking through some piles of things at home and came across the birthday cards you guys sent to her on her 90th birthday. She read them all to me and said they always make her smile. She said she had about 175 cards over the years and managed to cull it down to about 60. Yours made the cut so thank you for that.

Gee Shad, you sure had an ordeal with the viral thing and the antibiotics. Glad you are feeling better now but what a way to knock off a few pounds! I think the viruses are getting more potent. Last January I had a lung thing that knocked the stuffing out of me - made me so weak. DH said the same thing with his recent UTI - was surprised at how weak he was. Super bugs that come on suddenly.

Annie - hope Curtis is doing better and your toe is healing. They certainly don't keep them in the hospital long. My sister was hoping that they would keep my Mum overnight when she took her in last week but they said the flu season is really bad and they don't want to keep people in there any longer than necessary as exposure presents it's own dangers. I still think it has much to do with insurance companies not paying also. Bolster them up and push them out!

Hello to the rest of you. I'm going to get at least 3 things in a row done without distraction before the day is done and I need to get ready for the movie. Stay warm and be good!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #27  

Afternoon everyone.

Happy – I hope you enjoy the movie 1917 tonight. I might have heard that it’s another one in which the story is told in an unusual way… As for Little Women, I’m interested in eventually seeing that because of reading the book when I was young. I should think Meryl Streep would have been good as Aunt March since she was good and scary in The Devil Wears Prada, LOL. I like Maggie Smith a lot too, and Brits play Americans all the time these days, so she would have certainly been good in that role. Speaking of Maggie Smith…I got the Downton Abbey movie dvd from the library last weekend and finally saw it. Meh. It was like an extra-long episode of the series, but all the story lines had to be wrapped up in one go, so that was sort of unsatisfying. But I enjoyed seeing the characters again, and of course it was beautifully done as to sets, costumes, etc. Wow, that CT scan sounds like pure torture!! You poor thing. What a day to forget the valium!! My orthopedic doctor says that they can’t tell much from my foot x-rays as to the healing progress (due to positioning of the plate, etc., but he can see if something doesn’t look right with the plate/screws. He said he could do a CT to get a better image, but it’s a lot of radiation, and he can tell how it’s going on a clinical basis, i.e., seeing/talking with me. I am back in the office now. I’m driving to the train station and have gotten handicap parking spots and am thankful I obtained a temporary disability placard as it puts me directly adjacent to the train tracks/platform. I take a taxi from the downtown station to the office, and I will now use Uber to get from the office back to the station as I can’t rely on a taxi to be available. Learned that Monday. Also learned I can schedule an Uber in advance so I don’t have to order it on an immediate basis and wait around who knows how long for it to arrive. Not a fan of doing much walking in the boot, so I’m sticking with the taxi/uber for the time being.

Susie – Yes, odd how our brains work when we’re asleep!! You must wonder what all that meant!! I hope you feel completely better after recovering from the UTI. Great job on another TOPS loss!! Yes, I’m going to the office now (see above about that). I know it’ll take a while to be completely back to normal, but it’s already so much better just walking around without the knee scooter or the crutches. Going to see if my foot feels okay doing the stationary bike. I really want to get moving again!

Shad – At least your area is getting rain, but too bad the inland areas are not. What a sight it must have been to come across you struggling in the mud puddle and doggie “helping” you, LOLOL!! Good you at least had a sibling to help deal with the decisions concerning your mother, and I’m glad Happy and I do too. Yay, the holiday bug you had has been eradicated, but I too am interested in what you’re taking to get the good bacteria back in your gut – yogurt, probiotics…??

Ceejay – I heard about the tornado in Fairway, MO. Did you end up with snow? We’ve had minor amounts from that system. Have you gotten your ear checked for infection? I hope you’re feeling better.

Annie – I’m glad C it getting better each day. Thank goodness you gave him that nitroglycerin right away. And I’m glad the boys weren’t home to see all that happen. Wonderful to have Sam looking after C during this period. Ugh, the audit, and at the worst of times! I hope the outcome is good. Will your 2019 taxes be easier now that C sold his route? How is your toe? Yeh, definitely take advantage of meeting the med insurance deductible.

I don’t have much to report, and my lunch hour is over, so I’ll just get this posted. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-15-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #28  

Morning all from a clear and sunny Logan City
We've been up since 5.00am dog and I, and been for a walk (not slipping in puddles this morning although dog got nice and wet in creeks and puddles) and since it is breakfast time I though I would start the day with a post. Two days in a row - almost a miracle

You asked about how I go putting the good bacteria back into the gut after antibiotics. Well it isn't much different from my normal menu really. You are right Laura about the prebiotics and yoghurt. I make my own yoghurt, admittedly from a packet and it is always the plain Greek style stuff. I can put flavours into it if I want with fruit and juices. Then I only eat fresh vegetables, mostly raw or only lightly cooked. Bread, if eaten, must be the wholegrain stuff and I have found a loaf called Ancient Grains packed with all the seeds that stick between your teeth plus oats etc. It's nice to eat but I only eat bread once a day and no more than 2 slices. Then I eat large quantities of fresh fruit and veges. Forget the supermarket for these and head for a good greengrocer or a farmers market. The so called 'Fresh Food People' over here are anything but fresh. I also tend to eat very little meat - again sourced from a good butcher or farmers market, eggs must be free range and fresh, and I don't eat anything sugary or very sweet and no artificial sweeteners either. Baked goods are out and desserts are either fruit or cheese and nuts. Lots of protein and lots of fibre food, lots of calcium rich stuff, nothing processed, nothing take-away and nothing out of a packet or tin. Frozen is okay if you can't get fresh. Drinks are water (lots of it) Pear Juice and Apple juice. I limit tea and coffee. I also take Magnesium and Calcium tables - Blackmores make a combined one so only one tablet per day required. So in a few words, whole foods, natural unprocessed food and plenty of fluids and portion control. So with all that inside me and clean fresh air outside I don't take long to make a full recovery and feel good. Speaking of feeling good about things, I had a bone density test in December and the results came back excellent. No osteoporosis, some osteoarthritis in the L2 and L3 of the vertebrae and that's it. So that goes to prove that all those cramps, nerve pulses etc in my left side are just that, nerve damage possibly from chemo. All is well.

Susie - yes it was pretty funny in the mud puddle. Today I wore gumboots to keep from slipping in the mud again, but that particular patch had all soaked through the soil today. Strange the dreams we have. Have you been having a problem with anyone invading your personal space to make you feel uncomfortable?

Happy - Oh the saga of these teeth. One day it will all be over and you will have dazzling white teeth. Such an ordeal. Yes I agree that these bugs come out of nowhere and that the treatment given sometimes causes more harm than good. I know that some of the stuff prescribed for me has not gone down well in this body. The out of body experience with one lot will sit in the back of my mind for the rest of my days.
How nice of your Mum to think about me over here. You can tell her next time you speak that I really appreciate her concern. No the fires were not near me. The nearest was about 50km away (about 40 miles) but the smoke was thick and gritty. It wasn't pleasant. Nice to know my birthday card to her made the cut. She sounds like she was fairly lucid on that call.

Laura - Good to know you are back at work and getting along. Hope the foot comes completely right asap. I can understand the 'wanting to get moving again feeling'

Hello to Annie and Ceejay. Hope all is well with you.

I'm off to clean and clear the kitchen, dining room and lounge (which are more or less one big room) and wash the floors. I might love the rain but I am not that excited about the paw prints which are now decorating the wooden surface due to the protector dog doing the rounds to see what needs protecting. Have a good one.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

Good Aternoon/morning....

Well another trip to the ER with C. He was having severe abdominal pain which I thought was appendix. Not it was diverticulitis. Infection of the pockets in the lower intestine. OMGosh, Got to hospital at 4 am, didn't get home till about noon. Sent him home with scripts for augmenten-antibitoc, norco-pain and Zofran-nausea. So add that to the list of pills he now takes. Diabetic numbers stayed within reason as did his BP. He thought he was going to die. Even told me where money was hidden in the house.

All the documents were sent in for the audit. Just waiting on IRS for their decision of what is going on. Bleh.

LAURA...yes, 2019 taxes will be much easier since C sold his route. W2s and that is it. Hope you are doing better with the foot. Are you back in the office full time?

SHADDIE...our news is making it like your rain has solved the problems with all the fires. I don't believe them. Glad to hear you are feeling better and I believe you really like it when the dog is there. wink wink.

HAPPY..my SIL, Cindy saw LIttle Women. She didn't like it. Too much jumping around. We all saw 1917 and loved it. It is not really a movie I would normally go see but did anyway. It was good.

CEEG...we tend to get the same weather you get or the same weather LAURA gets. You both can keep all the snow. Thank you very much.

SUSIE...glad to hear you are getting over the UTI. I seem to get more and more of them the older I get. Praise the Lord I only had 2 last year. Very painful.

That is about it for me. I am lacking in sleep due to all of Cs stuff with his health. Out of energy most of the time. Taking C to his recheck at the cardiologist tomorrow. He has a recheck at the Gastroenterologist on the 29th. THen with the diabetic doctor in Feb or March.

Make it a great day!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:30 PM   #30  

Morning all,
Good rains overnight, still not enough to break the drought or to put out the fires - like Annie said 'don't believe them'. We're copping more of it on the coastal fringes than inland although I did see the Mayor of some small town out west doing a dance of happiness in the rain and some of the farmers too. I'm so happy for them. The grass here is going from brown to green at a fast rate and the weeds are flourishing before my very eyes and joy of joys the temperature is back in reasonable temps. It's even cool first thing in the morning - long may it last.

Annie - Hope C is doing okay now. What a nightmare for you. You probably just want to put your head under the pillow and ignore the world for a while. on the telling you where the money is Have you spent it yet??
Hope your audit goes okay. How rude of these politicians to pick the remnants of the little people and line their own pockets.
Oh and you are right, I do miss the big boy when he is not here.

Hello to the rest of you. I'm about to finish my coffee, get dressed and go down to the hardware store. I am going to put plantation shutters in the windows here instead of blinds or curtains. I've found the local hardware heaven has DIY shutters and I want to see what they look like. Naturally enough, they have the brochure at my local but no samples and I am not buying sight unseen. Then I will find a few showrooms for the expensive variety and see whether it will be worth doing myself (or with DS2's help) and I want to spend some of my birthday money on a new offset saw to be able to finish the floors. Then I may feel that I have achieved something.
Other than that there isn't a lot to report. I still have the garden to tend to as far as digging it over, repositioning some of the beds and generally tidying up the area. I have my two grandnieces coming on Monday and Tuesday and we might make ice cream. Then we will have to invite the family for an ice cream party to see who has made the best.
Have a good day.

Last edited by Shad; 01-17-2020 at 05:32 PM.