3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias — #51 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/318324-steel-magnolias-%97-51-a.html)

Jean 12-01-2019 05:19 PM

Steel Magnolias — #51

Good Afternoon! It' another cloudy, windy, cold day in my corner of the world, but no rain nor snow. :cp: Finished getting out the rest of the very few Christmas decorations for this year and Bob put the totes away again. I must say I am amazed every year at how much "Christmas" I have and no longer use or display. I need to go through the boxes and get rid of the excess . . . someday. I've picked up the clutter again, written a couple church cards, and now need to get psyched for Monday tomorrow. Beth wants to celebrate Christmas the weekend before so will see how that works for the rest of the family. We have always had Christmas on Christmas so will seem a little strange I'm sure. I know other families celebrate holidays on different days so we can too. I need to get busy on gift buying! :hyper:

”Gma,” it must be so scary to hear what you think might be gun shots. I notice them when it is duck hunting season here. I have seen several brussel sprout recipes on FB lately. Ian just turns green when he hears the name. :lol: I know my mom fixed them and I’m sure I had to eat at least one. I’ve asked Bob about having them and he always says, “corn,” I must admit if I don’t care for something I don’t fix it. Football is on the tv here too. Jason is a huge Cleveland fan so that one was first, they lost. Now it’s Kansas City and “somebody.” It’s nice Jack can get bonus days! When I was still teaching, the middle school principal would tell his teachers to take a mental health day. I assume they either called in sick or arranged for an out of town doctor’s appointment. I always figured I would get caught is I tried it. I wish they would reward employees for not “skipping” but I suppose that would be hard to prove.

Ceejay, I’m glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with your family. :yes: Holidays are always more fun when there are children around. I miss those days! It was nice your bil gave up tv time to his granddaughter. I hope he was able to enjoy the day too. Most alcoholics are much nicer and more reasonable when they are sober. I don’t think I’ve ever been around a true alcoholic but have been around some who drink way too much on occasion and get stupid silly or obnoxious.

Guess I will finish looking at the Sunday ads. Football is on tv so then I will play on my iPad. Enjoy the rest of the day and have a marvelous Monday tomorrow! :wave:

ceejay52 12-02-2019 10:57 AM

Jean
Hadn't thought about getting out Christmas decorations. I'm like you and just put out a few. Think I've become a scrooge in my old age.
----------
Choir practice yesterday morning was off key for some reason. Think everyone is tired of the cantata. I'm going to go drive out Wednesday night a bit early to practice my part but I cant hit those higher notes. I'm not sure if I can stand for the thirty minute program either. I'm going to rethink this for next year. I hate driving in the dark that far.
Went to my sissy's for lunch yesterday. She had ham, broccoli and mac and cheese. It was so good. But the sodium in the ham shows up on me the day after. I've decided that I'm going back on my diet plan from MRC but not going to the weigh in's. I can do that at home. I've been using an app but think this time I will use my blog.
It's time to start my day.

gma22 12-03-2019 01:47 PM

Good afternoon! It is chilly but not really cold here. I am heading out in about 45 minutes as I have a waxing appt. Jack came home at 10 as he has a problem with his eye and got an afternoon appt for today. He said it itches and is scratchy so we’ll see what he finds out. We’re going to just go out to dinner then. Think we’ll go Mexican tonight. I won a contest a few months back where I win queso dip for life. They sent me this rubber cheese wedge that I put on the table and then don’t have to pay for it. :lol:

I sent the blanket and hat to my bff’s step daughter. I finished just in time as they’re going to induce her the 14th. Vicki said she loved it.

I am not putting up Christmas stuff. There’s not room, you can’t see it from outside, we don’t have people in so it’s not worth the trouble. I don’t really care about the holidays anymore. I send the boys money, usually get something for my sister and her husband and my bff and ship them and that’s it. I don’t enjoy it, it’s not fun anymore so to heck with it. I know it sounds bah humbug, but it’s easier than sitting around being upset about it. Jack and I don’t even buy each other gifts because we put that money into our cruises. I just want to get it over with.

Jean: We’ve had a lot of rain, but thankfully no snow. I am surprised that Jack likes them and he likes asparagus too, but won’t try broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, peas and several others. I’ve tried to get him to try osso bucco, which is like very tend roast beef, but he won’t but he’ll eat salmon, scallops, and other seafood. He’s just weird. I guess the celebration day isn’t important. After all Christ was actually born in the spring. We just get caught up in what is familiar.

CeeJay: Sounds like you had a nice dinner. For us ordering it works. I like not having huge clean up to do also. I’ve always like honey baked ham and love the apples and augratin potatoes so adding another veg and some rolls and nice Christmas dinner. Ham makes for good sandwiches for awhile too. I’d never be able to stand and sing in a choir anymore let alone a cantata.

Everyone have a good week this week.

Jean 12-03-2019 03:35 PM

Good Afternoon! We have sunshine again today! The wind is blowing and the thermometer says it is 40 degrees, still cold imo. I went to get my nails filled first thing this morning, then to WM, and the Hallmark store. There were two live checkers at WM and I'm guessing at least 25-30 employees moving big loads of merchandise around to stock shelves. I asked one guy where I might find something and he had no more clue than I did. :rolleyes: Zowie has a necklace on her wish list and the link took me to a $2-5 range of jewelry. I'm thinking her neck would turn green almost instantly! :eek: I did find one in the jewelry display at the Hallmark shop. Sunday my stepmom fell on her face trying to get out of her chair. She broke her glasses and has a couple cuts on her face which they "glued" together. She has had no interest in much of anything for quite some time nor eating since being in the hospital. Her daughter met with the nursing powers to be and put her in hospice. We're not sure she knew us at first when we saw her on Thanksgiving. It is sad but she is 93 and has enjoyed life until the last couple years.

Ceejay, did your sister put the ham, broccoli, mac and cheese all together in a casserole dish or serve them separately? Either way it sounds good to me! :T I don’t like driving at night, out of town, either. Bob is not a good rider and prefers to drive so that is ok with me. I can’t sing so there is no danger of me singing any where. I’ll sing the familiar hymns at church but that’s about it. You have the MRC information so you can do it, I know you can! :yes:

”Gma,” I noticed the snow is disappearing in the yard where the sun shines on it. :cp: I know we will get more and it will get colder but have to admit I am ready for spring. :woohoo: I used to decorate the whole house for all the holidays but not any more. I play cards with a couple gals who have color specific floral/greenery/candles and decorative items for every season. All I can think of is that’s a lot to dust and store in the off season. We put up the skinny tree we bought last year, an elf sitting in the octagon window, and a lighted/glitter sparkle reindeer and sleigh sitting on a table. They all fit in the tv area so we can enjoy them. Bob will hang the lights outside and plug in Santa to call it good. We had a small reindeer that had lights but Bob found a burned bulb socket so that was pitched. The kids don’t come home any more so I have gotten lazy. Holidays were more fun when the kids were little.

I have some dishes waiting to be washed and then need to vacuum so better get busy. The sunshine helps motivate me to keep moving. Hope you both enjoy the rest of the day. :wave:

ceejay52 12-06-2019 01:13 AM

It's been a busy week. Bil was taken to the hospital Monday night. After test the doctor's found that the tumor is growing and sitting on part of his stent. It's causing it to bleed. He is schedule for 15 radiation treatments starting on Monday. He and sis will be with me those days, plus nephew here again is going to be a trying time. Sis may be admitting me to the loony farm :lol: I've been thinking about converting the shed into a tiny home. :lol:
Went to the hand doctor for a follow up appointment and told her that the other thumb is doing the same. I told her no injection so she gave me voltarin gel to use. I've used it before and it works great.
Nephew's vehicle has taken out on him so I'll be playing uber in the morning and night.

gma
sis had the ham, broccoli, mac and cheese separately. I've gotten to the point that I do like to decorate for Christmas and I don't think I'm going o this year. I'm not in the mood.

Jean
:wave:

ceejay52 12-07-2019 10:34 AM

Bil was released from the hospital yesterday so that is the good news.
It's cold this morning at 27 degrees but the sun is shining.
Got a lot done in the office yesterday and am going to clean the living room today. I've decided that I have to many odds and ends pieces of furniture plus some over sized pieces. I've had one metal book shelf for 50 years that needs to go but still am not ready to part with it. I may put it in the garage for shelving purposes.

Have a good Saturday.

Jean 12-07-2019 05:05 PM

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining but the breeze is cold. We have lost most of our snow but the parking lots around town still have it piled pretty high. It's been a "spin my wheels" kind of day. I've done some laundry, written gift shop checks, ironed church clothes for tomorrow, and found my missing Christmas candle and ring. We went to Kolby's concert the other night and Beth mentioned having Christmas the Saturday before the actual day. Jason called today and in talking with his dad indicated he thought we would celebrate the Saturday after. Bob told him to check with Beth and let us know so we would all be there on the same day. We did a little shopping before the concert but have more to do. Maddy is the gift card queen this year so she is easy. Bob is watching football and just asked if I had anything snacky hidden away. Nope, if I did I would eat it!

Ceejay, I’m sorry your bil ended up in the hospital but glad he is back home again. Maybe you could stay at your sister’s while bil is doing the radiation. ;) Is that every day? I have heard it makes one very tired but I suppose it depends on each case. I agree on decorating! I have a Christmas luncheon Monday and the hostess has a gorgeous home. Her husband is a retired college professor who took students on safari type trips all around the world. In retirement he makes fishing lures (?) with tiny feathers, etc., depending on what he will be fishing for. He goes all over to fish for certain fish. She decorates for Christmas in every room and it is beautiful! Makes me tired to think of the time involved. :lol: I have a hard time getting rid of sentimental things I’ve had for a long time; I would hang on to your book shelf. :D

I have towels to fold and put away so better keep moving. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day! :wave:

ceejay52 12-09-2019 11:54 AM

Morning
Had an early start today as I picked up bil from getting his lab test done. Sis brought him in on her way to work. He acted like he felt better this morning. I'm just now getting back home. Had breakfast from MCD.

I'm getting used to nephew being here again and so far this has been good. He's not been drinking and that's a plus. Told sis yesterday she may have to help buy groceries cause he has an appetite. But I fix for him like I fix for myself and the good thing is he's not a picky eater.
I had a salad for lunch yesterday and that wears off quicker than I like so I started eating junk food later in the afternoon and was miserable last night. I didn't sleep well and got up several tmes during the night to check the time. Think I had picking up bil at 8 this morning was on my mind to
He was ready when I got there. 8 o'clock traffic in Springfield was tough. We saw 2 dead deer along side of the road as I was driving bil back to Ash Grove. Told him he better call me or call 911 the first sign of throwing up or not feeling well.
I did go to church yesterday. The crowd was short. We sang Christmas carols during the sermon portion of the service since bil was sick and fill in was sick. I enjoyed it but throat was hoarse afterwards. Went by sis's house cause she wanted me to bring her a small Christmas tree. I have two but was not using either of them this year. After that we ate lunch at Subway and then went to see the new house that nephew and his wife bought. I think she may let him come back home soon rather than later if he keeps progressing. She is being more opened minded about his condition. He also has let it be known that he has diabetes and another medical condition. Got to hold the baby before sis got there and give her a bottle so that was nice. She actually smiled at me. The house is brand new and is beautiful. It is a split level. I like that.

ceejay52 12-10-2019 02:05 PM

Been busy cleaning what I call hot spots today. Getting a lot done.

ceejay52 12-11-2019 09:40 AM

Morning
I'm still deep cleaning and getting a lot done. I'm getting myself a new bed for Christmas and having to rearrange some things.
It's cold this morning at 23 degrees with a heavy frost. :brr:

gma22 12-11-2019 12:51 PM

Good morning. I may have to set an alarm to come in and post. I think it’s because I have nothing going on. I am pretty housebound these days unless Jack is off work.

Looks like Jack’s bad knee has deteriorated some more. He is limping pretty badly and says it hurts all the time. He has trouble getting out of his recliner too. He has to wait to go see ortho dr until after first of year, but if dr wants to do knee surgery it will have to wait until after the cruise in April. I hate for him to put up with it that long, but he’d not be able to fit the surgery and rehab in before the cruise. I guess knee replacement is only solution and that’s a good 3-4 months.

I have all the Christmas presents done and mailed. I just sent my sister and husband, sil and bil, and our Kansas friends Harry and David baskets this year. Since I have gifted my best friend jewelry, handbags, clothes, shoes, wanted something different. Since she is in a walking boot, but still off work until after January, I bought a big container of snack mix, 2 paperback books of one of my favorite authors, a spiral bound word search puzzle book and a package of mechanical pencils. Next year I’ll have to really work at it. :lol:

CeeJay: Aww that’s awful news about your bil. I hope radiation helps. Hoping your nephew really takes it to heart. I can’t imagine even having a perfect family member moving in with us. I think you work hard at everything you do and it’s tough when you’re taken advantage of sometimes.

Jean: Did you get the super cold weather and snow that just moved through? Our temps bottomed out and it’s pretty cold here today. I have often told Jack if we ever get rich I’ll pay someone to decorate our whole house then pack it up and take it with them at the end of the season. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but not now. I don’t even put up a Christmas wreath. Jack’s solution to when I drive going to FL is to take a nap. :lol: With his knee like it is, I may have to drive more in April.

Everyone have a good day.

ceejay52 12-13-2019 10:31 AM

Nephew put his vehicle in the shop Wednesday and got it yesterday afternoon. He was going to borrow his fil's truck so I drove him out to a town called Clever to get that but that truck over heated about a mile down the road. so he had to return. I'd forgotten my purse and cell phone so he couldn't contact me. When I got home I saw that he had called. so I returned that call. And then returned to Clever to pick him up and take him to work. I didn't do much yesterday after that. I also picked him up from work yesterday afternoon. He was a happy camper this morning cause he had his vehicle and was getting paid today. He told his mom last night that he was liking his freedom. But his wife told him that he could spend the week end with them so I'm not sure what he will do. His wife is extremely controlling.

gma
Sounds like you have your shopping done.
I haven't even mailed out Christmas card yet.

Jean 12-13-2019 02:16 PM

Good Afternoon! This has been a crazy, busy week and I am glad it is Friday even though it is Friday the 13th. We spent 3 1/2 hours sitting on bleachers for Ian and Zowie's concerts. We had our stadium seats for which we were very thankful.The weather was good (cold) so no problem going. My gift shop supervisor had a TIA during the sale on Wednesday. She is in Sioux City for testing and so far results have been good but they can't figure out why it happened. So I am in charge of the daily paperwork until she comes back to work. A church lady died so will have her funeral on Monday. She was 76, very overweight, confined to a wheelchair and in the nursing home. She had pneumonia and they sent her to Sioux City where she died. Her husband, who isn't in the best of health, is the main usher for funerals so I suppose it will be my Bob in charge. I haven't written any cards, wrapped any gifts, nor finished gift shopping. We are having Christmas the Sunday before so I need to get in gear! My once a month coffee friend brought over cookies yesterday; there are eight different kinds of "fancy" cookies and four different kinds of candy. :T Her church has a cookie walk and I'm sure she is the queen cookie contributor! She likes to bake and has the time. I need to put in another load of laundry, maybe vacuum, and go pick up gift shop money and do the end of the week paperwork.

Ceejay, you are so good to your nephew and bil! You have earned many stars for your “glory” crown! :D Cooking and being a taxi is sure time consuming for you. I wish you could come and deep clean here! I’ve been searching for my spritz cookie maker thing; it’s in it’s own box but not where I thought I had put it. I was determined to make spritz cookies this year, may have to be for Easter!

“Gma,” it has been colder here the last few days and we did get more snow. :( Our yard was pretty clear but now is covered again. If the wind would just go away the cold is more bearable. I would think Jack’s knee would rehab by April if he had the surgery right after Christmas. My good friend walked her driveway and went to therapy on a schedule. I think she also did the pool exercises. Anyhow, she was moving easily and without a cane within a month. I know every case is different. She’s had one knee and one hip done, the other hip is next spring when she can walk outside, then the knee in the summer. She is the cookie maker I talked about earlier.

It looked like it was going to be politics on tv again this morning so I switched to the Christmas music channel! I’ll be so glad when the election is over! :cheer: Have a nice weekend! :wave:

gma22 12-15-2019 09:10 AM

Good morning ladies. We are in for 24 hours rain starting this afternoon. Jack has to go and pick up our grocery order today and I want to give the living room a good cleaning and get the kitchen mopped today sometime.

Looks like one of the Christmas gifts has stalled in FEDEX’s delivery system. It is supposedly in the system and on the way to post office so I hope they deliver on Monday as it’s food from Harry and David’s. My sister sent me pictures of two grandkids she babsits for on the weekends eating some of the pears so they got theirs as did our friends in KS. The boys should have their Christmas money too.

We went out to Raffertys for dinner last night and had prime rib. It was really good but my problem raised it’s ugly head so had to bring most of my dinner home. I know the minute I cramp a little to just stop eating. At least I was back home before it gave me real problems. Have to say it’s a pain in the neck to deal with.

Looks like our friends from KS may go on the cruise too. They are talking about it anyway. The nice thing is they aren’t pushy. We usually have breakfast and dinner together and go to the shows together at night, but afternoons usually just do what we want. My focus though will be giving my bff a great trip. I booked the two of us for a cupcake decorating class. The last one I went to was terrible. It was too hot and the frosting wouldn’t stay firm. Anyway, though she might enjoy it. She and Jack are booked for an all access tour of the ship. I can’t do it because of my limited mobility.

CeeJay: Round and round you go. At least your nephew is mobile on his own now so that’s one less thing you’ll have to do for him. Are you doing Christmas at your sisters? I hope your bil is feeling well and can enjoy the holidays. As I said, I am having honey baked ham ship dinner frozen to us so at least I don’t have to deal with trying to cook. Standing for any length of time with my back is a real issue nowadays. I bought frozen yeast roll balls so I’ll make some roll and add a veg and we’ll be good to go. We’ll probably watch a dvd movie or two and that will be it for us.

Jean: This surgeon stays booked up so it’s likely he couldn’t get Jack in for at least a month maybe two so Jack said he’ll just wait until after the cruise. Not sure the surgeon can do much for Jack in the meantime. He’ll go and see him beforehand anyway. I saw on FB one of the ladies from my church in IN had dozens of different cookies laid out on her tables and wondered if maybe she was having a cookie exchange. They are a great way of getting a variety for the holidays without making them all yourselves. I wonder why Christmas is the only time this is ever done. Before I read the sentence about stadium seats I thought, “Oh my aching back,” about sitting on benches for 3 1/2 hours! I’d like to go to one of Memphis University’s games as I would take my scooter but Jack says he’d rather be warm and watch them on tv. :lol:

Everyone have a blessed Sunday.

ceejay52 12-15-2019 08:10 PM

Evening

Jean
Glad that you are able and willing to do he job while she does recover. Hope she recovers quickly. Those stadium seats do come in handy sitting on the bleachers. Yum on the cookies.

gma
Nephew is not bad to deal with and i told him if he came in here drunk again I would put him out on the front porch like the Flinstone cat.

Sis has decided to have a Christmas brunch on the Saturday following Christmas. This way her married children with kiddo's can have Christmas at home with their children.
Church was great this morning. The sanctuary was full and the choir performed the cantata. We did a very good job for such a small group.
Bil had enough energy to practice and sing with the choir this morning.
Nephew had lost his suitcase when he returned home the last time he went to rehab. Today we went to the bus station and it was finally there. Whew. I'm happy too as I let him take one of my better carry on luggage with him.
The weather is not to good outside right now. It's raining and the roads are icing over. The low will be in the 20's over night. I'm so glad that I don't have to get out tomorrow.

Jean 12-16-2019 03:56 PM

Good Afternoon! It's a cloudy, breezy day in my neighborhood. We balanced at church on the first try this morning and deposited $19,000+ in the bank. A plea went out for giving a 13th month gift to help with expenses and some took it to heart. I just got done posting and it was time for the funeral which was quite small. Bob had to usher and we had communion which none of us, at our dinner table, had ever done at a Methodist funeral. Afterwards I made the gift shop deposit and stopped by the hospital to drop off checks. They are having a sale so will go back later to balance out the afternoon money and paperwork since my "boss" isn't back to work yet. She is home and hoping to start back half days soon. Tonight I have card club. I started wrapping gifts and wrote a few cards over the weekend but it seems like "the hurried I go, the behind I get!”

”Gma,” We went on a tour of the cruise ship kitchen and that was interesting. It is amazing how everything runs like clockwork and every person had their specific job to do. I have trouble with ten of us so can’t imagine organizing for thousands! :hyper: I agree about watching games and music programs on tv, much better to see details than watching from afar. We are spoiled with not having to stand in line or wait for tickets. :yes:

Ceejay, I’m glad your cantata went well and your bil could participate. It’s great that your nephew got his suitcase back, especially since it was yours! :yes: Wouldn’t it be fun to know where it has been all this time! It is pretty awesome that luggage gets where it is supposed to go and arrive when it is supposed to. Our temperatures are supposed to be warming up again. The snow will melt and the streets will be sloppy and cars will be dirty. Oh well, can’t fight Mother Nature! :D

I have towels in the dryer which should be done and another load waiting. Hope you all enjoy a marvelous Monday! :wave:

ceejay52 12-17-2019 10:27 AM

Morning
I haven't posted in a couple of days. Been busy as I'm still cleaning
It was cold yesterday with winter precipitation. It's the freezing rain and ice I can do with out with a bit of snow. But thankfully I do not have to be out in it. There is about an 2 inches but it's mainly ice. and mainly cold. Thinking about fixing chili tonight. Glad nephew is here.
Yesterday I didn't feel very good. Had a pain in my lower right side but it is not appendix. it's lower than that area. My colon crimps at times and is very painful when it does. Had the heating pad on it most of the day. This morning it seems to be fine.
Ordered my Christmas exchange gift for bil yesterday. We drew names this year and I drew his name. He likes Leonard Cohen and had a special request for one of his dvd's. I ordered it from Amazon this morning. I have prime but with all the shopping it still may be late.
I've just ordered some MRC products that I like and really need if I'm going to follow this plan. I love their vanilla wafer bars and protein drinks.

Jean
Wow, that's a lot of money to count! Hope part of it was checks. It been in the 20's at night. I'm building a fire tonight. :brr:

gma

gma22 12-18-2019 09:46 AM

Good morning! Very cold for our part of the world and a whole lot of accidents because we had so much rain the other day and now it’s iced over. Jack texted me he got to work ok, but there are places where they closed the roads due to accidents. Hopefully it will warm up enough to melt by afternoon. After work Jack is dropping a package at the UPS drop box that I’m sending back to Amazon because they completely messed up the order then picking up a couple things at WM neighborhood market before heading home.

I am just doing some housecleaning and fixing chili for dinner. We need something to warm us up.

Looks like everyone has gotten their Christmas presents and our Christmas dinner arrived yesterday so we’re all set with that for next week. Supposedly it feeds 4 but boy the apples and the potato dishes are pretty small. They are plenty for us though. The ham is a quarter, but it looks huge and the cake is pretty big. Jack will get to enjoy that. I’m just fixing corn and some pre made yeast rolls and that’s it. I’ll be glad when it’s over, frankly. I saw there was another robbery/shooting of a Fedex driver in Philadelphia. The driver had a gun and shot the robber after the robber shot him and tried to steal packages. I imagine the Fedex driver will get fired for protecting himself. This is going to get worse as the media has splashed these all over so the thugs know they can rob them. The drivers need to be allowed to protect themselves.

CeeJay: Glad the cantata went off without a hitch. I’m sure your nephew was glad to get his stuff back. I sure hope they don’t lose my friend’s luggage when she flies down for the cruise. We’ll be out buying her clothes the day before the cruise if that happens. I can certainly sympathize with gut pain. Sometimes it can be excruciating. Glad you feel better now.

Jean: Wow that is a lot of money to count. Was it mostly checks though or cash? I’ve never heard of communion at a funeral either. Yes, they have that on our ship too. It is amazing how they feed that many people. We never have had to wait a long time between courses eating in the dining room. The one thing I noticed is that non American chefs do not sweeten desserts like they do here. Hope you get all your Christmas packages and cards all done.

Have a good day everybody!!

Jean 12-19-2019 11:31 AM

Good Morning! The sun is peeking through the clouds and it supposed to be warming up again. I have a load of laundry in the washer and my "to do" list is waiting. Maddy has a show choir program tonight so I am hoping to go early enough to finished some last minute shopping. The gift she asked for arrived yesterday, on a slow boat from China! It was wrapped very tightly in black plastic and so dirty I hated to touch it. I was afraid it wouldn't get here in time but was lucky. I hope it is what she thought it would be.

Ceejay, I hope your ice has melted away by now. I try to stay home when that happens here. :yes: Did you get all of your cleaning finished? I need to do some serious cleaning after Christmas. I thought the appendix was on the lower right side. A gal who works in our church has all of her organs “backwards.” She had some sort of surgery when she was younger and said the surgery room was full because that is quite rare and the medical people all wanted to see it. My Amazon orders have been coming through as usual so hope yours does too. People who are so mad about late delivery should realize it is the holiday when mail, etc., is overwhelming. We did have a lot of church checks. It was also noisy offering Sunday, for our missionary, so had a bank bag full of coins. Thankful we have a coin counter at church!

”Gma,” your Christmas dinner sounds good. I think we are having ham also. :T We had the best cranberry/jell-o salad at our PEO luncheon but no one in the family is crazy about cranberry so I won’t make it. It is in our church cookbook if I ever get the chance to make it and take it. I’ve gotten a chuckle out of the FB videos of FedEx/UPS boxes full of cat box items and dog poop. I don’t blame the drivers for being armed. The church money looked to be about half checks and half cash in the bank bag. We got a $50 bill and several $20s just loose with no name. There are envelopes in the pews, also get a few empty envelopes from time to time.

I need to get to work on my list, cards will be finished today. Have a super Thursday and enjoy! :wave:

ceejay52 12-19-2019 11:51 AM

Morning
Seems like all I'm doing lately is cooking and cleaning
The Grinch has stolen my Christmas spirit. I could care less.

Jean 12-21-2019 12:24 PM

Good Morning! We have sunshine, no wind, and 45 degrees; it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood! I have laundry in the washer and dryer while I finish wrapping my last few gifts. I need to make my cheesey potatoes and Snicker salad then think I am set for tomorrow.

Ceejay, I know what you mean about cooking and cleaning! With the sunshine I can see the dust and need to vacuum. :rolleyes: I hope the Grinch attitude has moved on and you can enjoy the holiday spirit.

Hope you all are having a nice day and enjoy whatever you are doing! :tree:

ceejay52 12-21-2019 08:37 PM

My nephew has been sleeping most of the day. Not sure what is going on with that. I'm suspicious but he does not smell of alcohol. He says he's exhausted.
I was meeting some friends from church for pizza on Friday and got in the car to go and low and behold the battery was dead. Had to call and ask them for a ride. sigh
Told nephew today that I needed money to buy food with. He literally eats me out of house and home. What would last me for 3 meals, he devours in one setting!
Today nephew and I went to buy a battery and he put it on for me. So that saved some money on my part.
He startled me while ago. He said he was dreaming and was jumping in the pool to save his daughter who isn't old enough to swim. He jumps off the bed and hits the wall and floor. This isn't the first time he's done it. I told him I was telling his mom so maybe she can figure out what to do. My dad would do almost the same thing except he would be dreaming of the war and yell out "fire in the hole" and run off the end of the bed and hit the wall. I'm afraid he will break out a window so tomorrow, I'm turning the bed around to avoid that.

Jean
The packages that I ordered came yesterday so I'm very pleased. I have prime with Amazon so that is a guarantee for 2 day delivery. I paid extra for 2 day delivery on the other package. I'm going to buy something for sis or take her and bil out for lunch on Sunday. If bil feels like it. I did finally put out a couple of decorations that will be easy to put away. I bought a small table top plant like thing that is a decorated tree which serves as my tree and my artificial poinsettia's and a wreath on the porch. Enjoy the choir concert.

gma

gma22 12-22-2019 08:42 AM

Good morning ladies. It is going to rain all day today it looks like but temps are up so no ice or anything. Yesterday we did a good dusting of walls, baseboards, crown molding etc. Jack did ceiling fan and blades. They get so dusty in the winter. He watched part of the Las Vegas Bowl because he’s a Boise State fan, but they were losing I guess and he gave it up and went to bed.

I bought a new nail clippers set and cut my big toe a little. It was not badly and didn’t bleed, but it rubbed against my sock so I stuck a bandaid with antibiotic salve on it and stuck my sock back on. Should be fine in a day or two.

Jack just left for Krogers to pick up a couple things. He should be back in a bit. Surprisingly it’s quiet here this morning. They were sure noisy last night though.

Jean: People have been complaining a lot about delivery drivers throwing stuff into wet areas or snowy areas and not bringing them to the house. There’s a lot of theft going on too. Some poor lady that lives in apartment near here with kids had someone break into her apartment, steal both her big screen tvs and all her kids Christmas presents. She had a security system with cameras and saw the whole thing. They were gone before the police got there of course. She’s a single mom and no way to buy more gifts. It really got my goat. I buy cranberry salad at Fresh Market. It is so good. They put orange in it. I only buy 1/4 lb because Jack won’t eat it. Hope your holiday celebration is nice today.

CeeJay: I think your nephew is experiencing leftover stuff from getting sober. The mind can take a long time readjusting to that sort of thing. Hopefully it won’t last long. Hope you have all the Christmas things done now and can relax. Do you ever get deliveries made by Amazon truck or just UPS, postal, etc? We get a lot of stuff delivered by Amazon van. They are building an Amazon facility here so when it’s done it’ll be interesting how it comes.

Well Jack’s home I need to get breakfast. Have a good day.

Jean 12-22-2019 11:22 PM

Good evening! Our Christmas is over and it's been a long day. The weather was delightful with 45 degree temperatures. Most of our snow has disappeared but SD still has quite a bit to melt. My house looks like a tornado went through between wrapping paper, food preparation dishes, and "stuff" out of place. I am too tired to tackle it tonight.

Ceejay, I guess it is good you were home when your car wouldn’t start. “Merry Christmas” to yourself with a new battery. ;) Every once in awhile Bob will yell in his sleep but he’s never hopped out of bed and hit the wall on his side of the bed. It’s usually when he is really tired and is dreaming which he doesn’t remember except he knew he needed help. I’m glad you have some Christmas decorations out to enjoy.

”Gma,” do you vacuum your walls or use a swiffer mop to dust? I should do that too. How awful for the single mom to have her apartment broken into and her children’s gifts stolen! :mad: A person can’t even feel safe in their own home after that happens. We have videos from the local liquor store and WM wanting information on thugs who stole merchandise. Of course they always wear hoodies and look alike. I remember my grandma grinding cranberries for her relish/salad. I have the grinder but have never used it. I’ve never seen an Amazon truck around here. Fed Ex, UPS, or the mail carrier delivers our packages. Amazon workers getting packages ready to ship was just on the news. It’s amazing anything gets where it is supposed to go.

We are counting church money a little later tomorrow morning which is good. Hope you all enjoy the hustle and bustle next week! :santa:

ceejay52 12-23-2019 10:52 AM

Nephew has been booted out of the house by his mother. I'm glad he's gone and am not going to suffer any lost sleep over his actions. He's a grown man and needs to take responsibility for his own actions. I will not go into details. He did stop by to get his clothes this morning but I told him his mother had them. I'm done. I did find a few more things this morning but I will take them out to his mother's tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to spend Christmas Eve with her unless he decides to spend his time there.
Nephew is back at the house I'm not sure what I' going to do. He can't stay here.
update
Nephew played basketball with the neighbor's son and left in a hurry.

Jean
I still haven't found any Christmas spirit. How do you make Snicker salad?

Jean 12-23-2019 06:23 PM

Ceejay, I’m sorry to hear about your nephew. Hang in there and hold your stand.
Snicker salad is easy! When I made a “small” one for Thanksgiving I used two 10oz. (?) Cool Whip, and cut up six regular sized Snickers candy bars. I put the candy bars in the fridge the night before. The next morning I cut up four smaller sized Granny Smith apples. I peel the apples for Bob but you don’t have to. I have read recipes that say to use red and green apples together. For Christmas I used three Cool Whip, nine Snickers, and five apples so there would be leftovers to share. I just add Snickers and apples until I like the looks of it. :lol: You can google it and get different variations. One uses vanilla pudding but I have never tried that one. You could make a little one person serving too. It tends to get soupy after a couple days but I just stir it and eat. :T

ceejay52 12-23-2019 08:30 PM

Nephew came by 3 times today wanting to stay for a bit but the 3rd time he was drunk. I called his mom and brother and took his keys so he could not drive. He said he was " Hongry:" and wanted to go to Subway but t talked him into having a ceejay subway. I fixed him a sandwich. He ate it. I really hate this for him. But I cant do it any more. His brother called and asked for circumstances so I told him. and I called him back when nephew came here drunk. His mom came and got him.
My neighbor came over and asked me to tell the young man not to come over and play with her son any more so I assured her that he would not. She said it made her uncomfortable. and I can see how it would. Her husband is not home most of the time due to work, think she told me he was a truck driver and with a grown man being there with her son it would bother me too.

Jean
I'm going to try that dessert. I love Snickers.

ceejay52 12-24-2019 11:08 AM

:clause::rudolph:

Merry Christmas

Jean 12-24-2019 07:07 PM

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! :tree:

ceejay52 12-26-2019 05:18 PM

Sis, bil and I had a very nice quiet Christmas day. Our Christmas Eve service at church was great also. Bil didn't feel like going but he did. I'm very concerned about him. He's still getting radiation treatments. He looks like he is wasting away
We are having our Christmas on Saturday and am really looking forward to it. Bil's 2 daughters and grand daughter will be there. It will be a very nice time and I will get in some baby time also and kid time.
I did some more research on line with the advantage plan I have verses the one that I was going into effect the first of the year. I'm staying put. So I called the insurance company and they cancelled the new plan. Thought there would be a penalty but there wasn't. The next time I get Rx's I will be getting them from the insurances online pharmacy. Some of them will cost nothing.
Have a great rest of the afternoon.

Jean 12-28-2019 09:29 PM

Good Evening! It has been a rainy foggy day in my neighborhood. We had ice on the trees this morning but it warmed up enough to melt. I’ve had an exciting day of laundry, counting the gift shop money, and trying to figure out how to use an air fryer that I didn’t ask for. A gal Bob works with “loves” hers and knows I will too. Stay tuned for updates! ;)

Ceejay, hope you enjoyed your second Christmas today much as the first. Chemo and radiation are hard on the body so hope your bil can tolerate the treatment. A friend had radiation for breast cancer and said it made her so tired. Getting drugs for nothing would be a plus to stay with your advantage plan. I hate trying to figure insurance pros and cons!

We are having one service at church tomorrow. :( I have to pick up the money so we are going. I call it the dog and pony show because of the band and praise singers which aren’t very good. Bob ushers next month. I think I will start rounding up Christmas decorations to put away after New Years Day. Have a nice Sunday! :wave: