Old 09-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon! It has warmed up to 82 but feels like 86 with the humidity. Momma cat brought her two kittens up to the deck last night and I think they spent the night in the little house that Momma lived in with her siblings last fall. They have spent all day here, mostly playing in my flower pots and sleeping in one plant. The plant had seen better days so that’s ok. They are so cute. I’ve done some laundry and putzed around the house. Bob has been working on a chipped cement corner leading to the front door. It had dropped some and he was afraid someone might trip and fall. I am so glad he is handy at fixing and repairing!

“Gma,” Jack sounds like me, no patience when things aren’t going right! That is why I let the Verizon lady set up my new iPad. Bob will help me look for things but they usually end up being in plain sight. Does shrump have shrimp in it? That was my first thought. Interesting name for sure! Our WM has online grocery shopping and I have seen people picking up groceries even though I park at the other end of the store. I also see it at one of the grocery stores and they deliver free if the order is over $100. I can see where young mothers would like it so they wouldn’t have to shop with kids. I almost always forget something, either on my list or I forgot to put on my list. I didn’t choose either when I had the cataract surgery, but have the toric lenses in both eyes, I think. I need to make an appointment because I think my bifocal needs changing. Things get blurry after reading for a long time. I have worn glasses since I was two, a loonnngggg time! Thank you for the happy wishes, both seem like yesterday! Bob and I were just talking about pay phones. Our church organist does not have a cell phone nor a computer, but she does have an answering machine. I make copies of P.E.O. emails for her when necessary. She has an old metal milk box on her porch where I leave them if she isn’t home.

Not much else going on here today which is good. Hope you are enjoying a terrific Thursday!

Last edited by Jean; 09-05-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm waiting for sis so I can ride to the baby shower with her. I have no earthly idea where the location is. I don't really want to go either but guess I'll give my sis moral support. She said if nephew's wife starts bashing nephew then we will leave.
It's strange not to reach for my glasses every morning. I can see so much better. I'm in a 2.0 reading glasses. I think the eye doctor chose for me to have the vision to see in distance. I always get those mixed up. I'm happy.
More later. It's about time for sis to get here.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #18  

Good Morning! It rained most of yesterday and misting again/yet this morning. I have been cleaning half heartedly; Bob’s AZ brother and wife are heading our direction some time today. Bob plans to grill steaks for a late lunch. I’m not sure what we will do after that. We can only visit for so long. They are leaving for MN tomorrow but don’t know if morning or afternoon.

Ceejay, hope you were able to enjoy the shower and the mother-to-be was nice! The site opened up goofy and I can’t see any of the old posts!

Enjoy a special Sunday!
Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #19  

I need to run some errands this morning.
Later this afternoon I'm going to the infusion center where BIL receives his chemo to hear BIL ring the bell. That's his treat for finishing treatment. Today is his, we hope, last chemo treatment. Next week will be his CT Scan and then hopefully surgery.
Nephew is still in rehab.
I did go to his wife's baby shower on Saturday and she seems to have calmed down a lot. She has not moved in with her parents as she had planned which I think is a good thing. She needs to see what it is like to deal with every thing on her own. My nephew's brother and her dad is helping her with the yard work.
More later.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #20  

An update: Didn't get to go to hear BIL ring the bell instead his doctor told him he had to have 6 more chemo treatments. Don't know if this is good or bad.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #21  

Good Morning! The sun is shining, no wind blowing, warmer, and it is a beautiful day in my neighborhood! I have laundry in both the washer and dryer, the kitchen counters are clean, and now I need to write invoice checks for the gift shop. I should vacuum, maybe tomorrow.

Ceejay, Well, I just deleted what I wrote about your bil ringing the bell! What a bummer about more chemo but if it is working that is what has to be done. Sending positive thoughts and prayers! So hard to watch him go through this I’m sure. It’s good the nephew’s wife seems to have settled down. When is the baby due?

I need to get busy! Hope you are enjoying a nice weather Tuesday too!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #22  

Good afternoon. I had a post go bye bye and couldn’t get back in here to post again. We have to replace our water heater and are waiting for contractor to call and set up a time to measure attic space. He’s miffed because he called Monday wanting to come right then and I said no. Jack wants to be here. Jack called him this morning and left a message but he’s never called back.

I through together a Stouffers Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes and veg trying to not use regular dishes. We have some hot water but it lasts a very short time so I surmise it’s the heating element. The thing is 20 yrs old at least so we can’t complain.

Jack finally got everything with his Ipad up and running so that’s all fixed. This heat makes me so sick at my stomach so I don’t eat then because I don’t eat I get shaky and round and round we go. I have forced myself to eat when I come in from outdoors even if it is just a small snack. I drink as much fluids as I can handle also.

CeeJay: I hope it’s good news for your bil and not the other way round. I am working on a baby blanket for my bff’s step daughter who’s having a baby in December. I chose a more intricate pattern and am ruing it because it takes longer to follow. How did the baby shower go?

Jean: No, Thomas called shrimp shrump for a long time and so we all just started doing it. Has your weather been warmer again then? Have you seen “Downton Abbey?” I have the whole series on Prime and am on season 4. I guess those living in early 20th century were not as prime and proper as they professed to be. Are the kittens ok?

You all have a good evening.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #23  

Default using my tablet

Morning
I'm in Branson getting ready to take Bil to get his pump off and to get some IV fluids. He's doing a lot better with the chemo since they have his body build back up. They are still doing a scan next Monday to see how things are progressing. Thank you for the positive thoughts.

Jean
The baby is due October 12. I'm excited for her and she behaved herself. Nephew seems to be making progress in rehab. I'm praying he's learned his lesson.

gma22
I need to find something that I can do with my hands. Yes, I play the piano but sometimes you just need to do something to pass the time. I have some friends who hook rugs and I half way know how to crochet so I may start that.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! It thundered, lightninged, and rained during most of last night. We got up to over an inch of rain. Today was my lunch bunch so I haven’t been very productive at home. The sun is shining brightly now but more thunderstorms are moving in tonight.

“Gma,” hope you get your new water heater sooner rather than later. All of a sudden our temperatures are back up in the high 70s/l80s but the humidity is so much higher than it has been. I finally turned the air back on it was so sticky. The trees around the lake are starting to turn colors and a few are bright orange at the top but still green below. Even they are mixed up like the weather! We do get Downtown Abbey on Saturday night but never have watched it. It is on our Iowa Public channel. The kittens were on our deck for a couple days and then Momma cat took them back to the place they were, under the deck behind us. I was surprised since they were eating dry food and drinking water. Momma wanted inside here in the worst way this morning, she was so wet!

Ceejay, I hope your bil continues to feel “better.” I wonder why the doctor says he needs more chemo before seeing the scan. I hope your nephew continues to do well in rehab. Will he be home when the baby comes? Have your ever tried the afghan stitch? It uses one long needle with a hook on the end like a crochet hook. You can google it and there are “how to” videos. It goes fast and easy; if I can do it, anyone can do it!

I need to put together some leftovers for supper. Bob is out mowing so know he will want something even though I’m not hungry. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday evening!

Last edited by Jean; 09-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon! It’s been another day of clouds, rain, and high sticky humidity. I went to get my nails filled and a much needed pedicure this morning. The shop was fifteen minutes late opening so that shot most of my morning. It quit raining for a few minutes so I delivered checks to the hospital after lunch. The locals passed a school bond issue for a new preschool building. The elementary and middle school are on one side of the highway and the new school will be across the north highway. The traffic now is horrendous and the intersection of the two highways is super busy with turning semis, cars, and school busses. There is also a railroad crossing that only has room for one car to stop coming from one direction. Today there was a bad accident, around 8:00, involving a van and a side dump semi, both landing in opposite ditches. We have some really stupid drivers in this town who think the traffic laws don’t apply to them. Bob goes to the office that way and said that coming home this noon there were still police cars, highway patrol cars, sheriff’s car, and the DOT there making reports.

I have a load of laundry in the washer that should be about done so better get busy and accomplish something. Enjoy the rest of a terrific Thursday!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #26  

Afternoon
Beautiful and hot today.
I went for a follow up eye appointment this morning and all things are good to go. They tested my eye pressure and my vision. I'm 20/25 in both eyes. It's the best I've even seen so I'm a happy camper.
After I came home I ate lunch and got busy outside. Pushed mowed the front yard and used the rider in the back.
Left brother in law on the couch this morning. He's feeling better. Just taking it easy. On the way back home from Branson I saw another wreck that had just happened. The police, and emergency personnel were already on the scene. Traffic was a pain.

Jean
I think we all misunderstood what the doctor told them cause we were in shock, but they are doing a scan Monday to see how much more the tumor has shrunk. I'm hoping enough to do the surgery. Then more chemo I'm supposing to make sure all things are good.or if the tumor is not ready to come out I haven't tried the afghan stitch at all. My mom showed me how to do a simple crochet stitch but that was it. I've never had patience to very much needle work. I used to like to cross stitch until my eyes got bad.

gma22
Did you get the hot water heater?
Old 09-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #27  

Good afternoon. It is here today again, just miserable. We really need rain, but nothing in the immediate future. Mid 90’s today

Jack took yesterday and today off. He got a letter on Wednesday saying his driver’s license expires next month. So he took off yesterday because the website wouldn’t let me renew it online. He went to our local police station as they have a kiosk where you can do it. In and out easy as pie. He did chuckle because it was 6 AM and he said the front desk guys were kind of droopy. He said the door was locked. You had to be buzzed in. Sad even the police have to do this sort of thing nowadays. Today the guy came to measure for the water heater. He was right on time and it didn’t take long. He said it’d be an easy installation. He couldn’t find our outside turn off though. Jack says it’s buried and he couldn’t find it. Now Jack has to go buy it and schedule him to come back out and install it so we shall see how much longer that will be.

We are going to go to Nashville for my birthday as it is on a Saturday. He’s taking me to Stony River for my birthday, do a bit of shopping and just relax. It’s still a couple weeks away.

CeeJay: Hope your bil got a good report. Yes, finding a handcraft is good for dieting I found though something that involves both hands is best so you can’t snack with one hand. We have had horrible time with road rage stuff here. It is so bad they have brought in the sheriff’s department and state police to drive the loop and I-40.

Jean: I just finished last episodes of Downton Abbey last night. I’ll wait for dvd when the new movie comes out. We’ve had so little rain I haven’t had to spray for weeds. Traffic here is always awful. They cut in and out, go from far left to far right, never use turn signals and drive like a bat out of hades. Look at my FB timeline. I thought of you when I posted the advertisement.

Everyone have a good weekend. We are having bbq for dinner from my favorite place.

gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #28  

Morning
My sis has her two grandsons this morning and she text their mom to see what time she wants them to come home. Ends up that mom is in the hospital having our baby Clara. Her water broke last night. I should feel sad for my nephew that his wife is having their baby and he's not here but I don't. Her due date was supposedly October 12th but the doctor told her yesterday she wasn't going to make it till then. Think she miscalculated her due date. But I'm happy either way as long as mom and baby are doing well. I'm going to hospital after the baby is born. Sis will keep the boys this week end.
I've gained some weight. Ugh I don't like it. Guess I'm just going to have to buckle down and do thing right to get this weight going back down.

gma22
You mentioned Jack renewing his driver's license, that reminds me, I have a restriction on mine that I need glasses to drive. I don't need them any more. Wonder what I'm supposed to do there!!
Old 09-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! We were supposed to have sunshine and 85 today; instead we’ve had rain, clouds, and 68 degrees. I don’t think the weather predictors know what the weather is going to be. The other night, when Sioux Falls was hit with three tornadoes, Jason said the wind on one side of the interstate was coming from the northwest while on the other side it was blowing from the southeast and that contributed to the sudden creation of the tornado winds. His immediate area was lucky with just a lot of rain. Bob had his first cataract surgery yesterday and all went well. We had to be at the hospital, which is almost an hour away, at 6:15. It was a short night the night before! We were back on the road home at 9. Today I have been doing laundry and just picking up around the house. I don’t know how we manage to leave things where they don’t belong! I need to work on that!

”Gma,” hope your hot water heater is installed and working soon! I am surprised you are getting warm water at all and that it isn’t leaking. A trip to Nashville sounds like a good way to celebrate your birthday! There was one man killed in the accident the other day and three men sent to the hospital; only the truck driver was a local guy. They think the van either ran the stop sign or pulled out in front of the truck. I did at the cartoon on your timeline. I learned to do the afghan stitch by watching another teacher working on her’s at lunch.

Ceejay, I’m glad you are seeing so well since your surgery. Did they give you an ID card for each eye to carry in your billfold? I would guess you need to go to the drivers’ license place and take their eye test to get the restriction off your license. I don’t need my glasses to drive but since I wear them all the time, to read, I just automatically have them on. I can knit and crochet, just can’t follow a pattern since I don’t know which stitch is which. I hope all goes well with the birth of the baby, exciting! I agree it is too bad your nephew can’t be there but he is where he needs to be.

I need to get busy! I have laundry loads to switch and clean sheets to put on the bed. Hope you are all enjoying a nice Saturday!
Old 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #30  

Sis text and told me the baby was here. She was born at 8.45 this morning. Weighing in at 5 pounds and 12 ounces. Yes she was a month early. She is a very pretty baby too. I've been to visit with her and hold her. I can see both parents in her but she does favor her brother a lot.
No they didn't give me a card. I may can go online and get one. I have access to my records.
Tomorrow starts another week. Where does time go?