Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon! A strange weather day: cool, windy, cloudy, six raindrops, sunshine, more clouds, and now sunny again. Low tonight is supposed to be 42! Crazy! Wish I still had my electric blanket on my bed! Today was lunch bunch so needless to say I accomplished nothing at home. I picked up my “new knee” friend because she can’t drive yet then took her to pt after lunch. I sat in a waiting area where I could observe some of the patients going through their exercises. There was a 7 year old boy, very overweight, who was working with a very patient therapist. Later I learned he had a brain tumor and was going back to Omaha for follow up treatment. Sad! I sat and read my book in between watching the others come and go.

“Gma,” I hate waiting for people to come and fix anything. Last summer we had one of our huge maple trees trimmed and this spring only a couple branches had any leaves. Bob called the tree guy who never called back, so after a week called him again. It was here when we moved here in ‘84. The guy finally called and said he would check it but thinks “something” got inside and it will have to come down. Bob talked about taking it down when he had it trimmed. For some reason the 2 1/2 drive to and from home games makes me more tired this year. We can’t go our regular route because a bridge and road were damaged by the flooded river. So, even though it is the same amount of time, we travel four lanes to Sioux City, then interstate at 80 mph, it is 30 miles further. Weird! It just seems so much longer to me. That could be my age too!

Ceejay, I am so sorry about your bil! How do they tell it is cancer? Sending prayers for him and your family! I know lymphoma involves the blood circulation system, right? I need to go back and read up on it as my mom had non-Hodgkins and another relative Hodgkins lymphoma. That was many, many years ago. Hang in there!

Other than that I’m not sure what’s for supper since I am still full from lunch. Bob may be on his own! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Jean; 06-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #17  

Good Morning! It a chilly 42 degrees as I type but the sun is shining! The weather lady says it will warm up to 75 this afternoon; we’ll see if she’s right. I need to do a couple errands this morning and stop by the grocery store because we are out of milk and fresh fruit. Later this afternoon we are going to Sioux City and go to SAMs, Target, then meet Beth’s family for supper. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #18  

Good morning. Cool in the 60ís this morning. Iím sitting here, still in jammies with heating pad on my shoulder. It feels like thereís a rock in my shoulder. I think I slept on it wrong.

Jack got his thing a ma jigs. He went out and put more screws in the garage piece so hopefully that will be it. He drinks iced tea, but we only had one long handled tea spoon so I bought him 6 more. He drinks tea out of this really tall glass and a regular spoon does nothing to stir in the sweet n low. He should be good now.

I got the picture frame for my grandsonís birthday present, but the thing that goes in it is too small so I have to get a backboard this weekend to put behind it. Iíll then have to take it to UPS store and have them pack and ship it for me.

CeeJay: So sorry about your bil. I am sure the doctorís will take good care of him.

Jean: Hope you donít lose your tree. The boyís weight might have been from chemo drugs. I know the steroids they use blow kids up. I have a school friend whose grandson had aplastic anemia and during the two years of his drug regimen, he went from a normal sized kid to looking like the Michelin man. You wonder sometimes which is worse.

Everyone have a good day. Iím off to unload the dishwasher.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:45 AM   #19  

Good Morning! It is raining, windy, and 60 degrees in my neighborhood this morning. It is supposed to quit by noon, sun will appear, and it will warm up to 80 degrees. I’ll believe it when I see it! Today is finish out the gift shop weekly paperwork for my “boss”, then count the money. I need to dust and vacuum too. The cupboard I started to sort through needs to be finished and I need to get the giveaways to the car. Settling in with my library book sounds like more fun!

“Gma,” I hope Jack enjoys his spoons and thing a ma jigs! What kind of a picture are you framing? It seems like the frame is never quite the right size; I have to put tape on a couple of the grands’ school pictures to keep them centered. I can’t imagine having a child with any kind of medical issue. I have a friend who has had a kidney transplant and now battling lymphoma in her brain. She has to stay at Mayo so they can monitor how the chemo affects the transplant meds. She worked with me at school and just retired. Good health is something to be thankful for every day! I haven’t seen the tree guy and forgot to ask Bob is he had heard any more from him. I see the trucks around town; Bob thinks they are cutting down Ash trees.

We have a local baseball game tonight as well as an open house at a friend’s farm. Those invited are to bring their tractors or old cars to display. I hope the weather shapes up because Bob wants to do both. He’s not taking his tractor this year.
Hope you all enjoy a nice day whatever you are doing!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Bil is not having a good day. They opted to start radiation today because he was passing more blood.
I found a bulge on the side of one of my tires this week and nephew confirmed that I need to get new tires. I'm going down in a bit to get the oil changed and have the new tires put onn. Then I will safe again to drive. I'm buying Michelin tires.

GMA22
hope you shoulder is better. Don't know what I would do with out my heating pad.

Jean
Were you an accountant when you worked. Just curious.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #21  

Ceejay, I just had to reply to you after I finished laughing. No, I was not, and am not even close to being an accountant! Math beyond basic +, -, x, and division is not my cup of tea! I taught kindergarten right out of college, went back to subbing up through the grades when Beth was in kindergarten, and finished working with special ed. students in the high school. Special ed. as in extra help during classes or study halls rather than the physically disabled. At first it was called remedial reading many years ago. The funny part is my dad was a whiz at figures and kept a double set of books for his business. He never could understand why I had so much trouble with my high school bookkeeping class. When they asked me to be the gift shop treasurer I told the gal I was not an accountant and she asked if I kept track of a checkbook at home. I said yes and became the treasurer. Will your bil have radiation and chemo at the same time? I feel so bad for him, your sister, and you too. When it rains, it pours! First your air conditioner died and now you have to buy new tires. I’m glad you are getting new tires so you will have safe driving. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Last edited by Jean; 06-14-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #22  

Jean
You seem to be very precise in the book work at the gift shop and church I thought well maybe she was an accountant. I hated math but ended up in a job that require algebra. I did okay in that subject. I always called it back ward thinking.

Got my new tires today and the oil changed. I got pricey tires. Michelin's. Now I need to clean the car. Went by the hospital afterwards and took sis a salad from Wendy's. Bil had part of a cheeseburger. He had his first round of radiation to try to stop the bleeding from the tumor. I've been upset about this ordeal but I have to think positive and keep bil in good spirits.
Maybe my mind more organized.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:23 PM   #23  

Good evening. We are sitting watching the Cubs game. They are playing in LA so the game didnít start until 9 PM. I will probably fall asleep sitting here.

Tomorrow we get our meat at Fresh Market and am going by Michaels to get poster board so I can ship his gift next week. I am pretty tired as last night was a 9 PM game and then my girlfriend started texting me at 10 pm. She scared the living daylights out of me this morning as the phone rang with her ring tone at 6 my time. I thought something had happened, but ended up it was a ďpurseĒ dial. She dropped it in her purse to go to work and it dialed me. So Iíd only had about 5 hrs of sleep last night.

Sunday is main grocery shopping.

Jean: I bought Jack a framed baseball scorecard for the seventh game of the World Series the year they won. It was autographed to him by the Cubs radio announcer, Pat Hughes. It was the scorecard Pat had filled out. I bought an unframed one autographed to Jackson without the frame. So I am framing it and sending it to him. He and his dad are Cubs fans. I am going to put a solid red or blue back then the mat is white and the scorecard is red, white and blue. I remember when I was a kid we had these gorgeous elm trees all along the street going into downtown. They had to destroy all of them because of dutch elm disease. I donít think there are any elm trees anywhere anymore because of the disease.

CeeJay: The poor man is in for a rough time of it Iím afraid. I will pray for you all. We have Michelins on the MKS. We had new tires put on just a couple months ago and I think we paid $450 a tire. They were the ones that had the bullet in it. Luckily we had bought the tire insurance on each one and it only cost us $35 to have a new one put on. I sure hope you sister can hold up with her husbandís illness. It is very hard on the family because they are helpless to do anything. Hugs to you all.

Have a good weekend.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon! We have sunshine, no wind, and humidity for right now. Possible thunderstorms coming later says the weatherman. I am home alone today. Jason wanted us to come up and “hang out.” Actually, he wanted Bob’s help to install head lights on a golf cart they use to travel around camp grounds when they go camping. I had quite a few things I wanted to do here so sent Bob on his way early this morning. He was going to take yet another alternate route to check the travel time. I wish SD would fix the road and bridge the way we used to go; I miss seeing the camel, zebra, and various farm animals when we go that way. I’ve vacuumed, worked on the LR cupboard, done three loads of laundry and could do some more. For some reason I got behind this week.

Ceejay, the last three years I was at school I had to go into an algebra class. I took notes and completed every assignment right along with the students.I did have a copy of the teacher’s manual but the math teacher had her master’s in special ed. so her explanation was much easier to understand. When the kids would grump and grumble she would say, “if Mrs. B can get it so can you!” She and I retired the same year, she is one of my lunch bunch, and we often meet for coffee. I often told her I had lived 50+ years without having to know anything beyond a is for apple, b is for boy! She would just shake her head and laugh. Give me subjects and verbs with sentence structure any day! I’m not so sure they even teach that any more. Did your bil get sick all of a sudden or did it take a lot of testing to find the tumor? I will send positive prayers that the treatment chosen by the doctor works as it should. Believe me I know how it upsets the whole family having gone through it with my parents.

“Gma,” when Bob’s office was downtown we would get a phone call in the middle of the night from the police checking locked business doors. Bob would have to go and they would make him go in first. It was always the alley door and whoever took the garbage out didn’t slam the door hard enough to lock it. I hated those calls so know how you felt. I did see Jack’s gift on FB so thought maybe that is what you were framing. I had forgotten all about elm trees! I don’t think there are any around here. I’ll have to google it and see what it looks like.

Not much else is newsy and I need to fold socks in the dryer. Hope you have enjoyed a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 06-15-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon! It’s been a nice day in my neighborhood; 81 degrees, sunny with low humidity, and no wind. The rest of the week is possible rain every day. It’s been a lazy day for both of us! Bob putzed with his boat and finally decided the live well pump is shot. I’ve done some more sorting and have two boxes ready for the SOS store. Have a loonnngggg way to go after finding more stuff packed away when I was looking for something else. I would hate to have the kids have to sort through things since most of it will mean nothing to them. For many, many years I not only kept a detailed Christmas card list but also included where we spent the holidays and doing what for New Year’s. It is fun to reminisce but sure slows down the process!

Guess I will get out some sandwich possibilities, eat, and close the kitchen for the day. Enjoy your evening!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #26  

Jean
Bil had a severe bleeding episode last Monday night and went to the emergency room. ER doc thought it was going to be diverticulitis. However, upon more testing they found the tumor.
GMA22
That phone call would have bothered me too. "purse" dialing is a first for me.

--------
Our church had it's 22nd annual bbq Saturday and I signed up to help clean up. Didn't do much. This is why I spent the night with sis.
We had a severe thunderstorm roll through early this morning. It seemed like it went on forever. Heavy lightening with loud thunder kept me awake.I was thankful to be at sis's house last night

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #27  

Good morning everyone. It is so humid here you almost canít breathe. We are expecting rain, but nothing so far. Itís coming though because my arthritis tells me so.

We did shopping Saturday and Sunday, then a trip to Michaels to get some blue poster board. Nothing anything else over the weekend.

Yesterday I cut the poster board for the backing for my grandsonís gift and fixed it in the frame. Iíll take it Saturday to the UPS store to get it shipped. Today is laundry and nothing more exciting.

CeeJay: Your poor sister and bil. How frightening this all must be for them. I am sure you are anxious as well. Glad you were at your sisterís during the storm. I hate thunder storms.

Jean: Geez you have cowardly police they make Bob go in first? Indiana had some rough storms over the weekend and I saw I65 was full of water folks were driving through. This rain is going to ruin crops and infrastructure this year. Hope Jason now has golf cart headlights. I have a couple boxes of memorabilia and figure they can do what they want when Iím gone. I have boxes but still havenít started cleaning up stuff. I keep putting off all of it.

Have a good day.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:15 PM   #28  

Good Morning! It is grumbling and rumbling outside right now. We got up to rain this morning and came home in rain last night; the rain gauge shows .94” for last night and today so far. I debated on wearing the capris I had on or changing to jeans for the game last night. I opted for the jeans because of the pesky gnats, and took my nylon, fuzzy lined jacket. Bob always laughs at my jacket choice but last night I was lucky and on top of the weather! It cooled down considerably with a stiff breeze blowing so both jeans and jacket felt good! He even put on his jacket! Ian had another good game and made the winning slide into home for a one point win! It was a little after midnight when we got home, a short night for sleep. This morning I spent playing Betty Crocker and made another potato salad. The last few potatoes have a brown spot in the middle; no seed but looks like there should be one. I cut it out of the cooked potato and toss it. I just ordered a pair of shoes online hoping I won’t be disappointed. They are probably coming from Timbuktu saying they will ship in 5-7 days, nothing about length of time to get to me. I need a half size larger in regular sizing, than the clothing charts show by measurements and the actual half size clothing is huge when I’ve tried that. Makes me nuts! The clothes online look so cute but I hesitate to order because of return shipping cost.

Ceejay, even though I have made three visits to the ER, because of cat bites, the thought of the ER itself spooks me. I know they are well trained but even though I regularly spend time at the hospital, it’s not as a patient. It’s nice you can stay at your sister’s; I know you are a comfort for each other.

”Gma,” it was many years ago that we got the middle of the night phone calls. Bob’s office moved to the edge of town and I’m pretty sure the police don’t check the doors because Bob has found a door unlocked in the morning when he arrives. Knowing the town now there is no way he would go in first! There is no money kept in the office and most of the paper files were dumped because everything is online now. Jason said he and Amanda took a spin around their neighborhood after dark and the golf cart lights worked great! What I find so funny is they mainly want it for potty runs in the middle of the night even though they have a bathroom in the camper. Jason doesn't like to clean/pump the toilet tank unless absolutely necessary. I bet I have more boxes than you do! I still have boxes from my parents.

I have clothes in the dryer that should be about done so better go check. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #29  

Evening,
Worked outside most of the afternoon and still did not finish but it will be there whenever I get to it. Mainly to weed eat. The front yard is what I was concerned with. BIL came through 5-6 hours of chemotherapy this afternoon. Sis said he was a little nauseous when he got home. He will have these every two weeks for 6 six weeks.
Rain is on the radar.
Not much else to report.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon! It’s been a beautiful day in my neighborhood: sunny, 74 degrees, and NO wind! I went to get my nails filled this morning then to the grocery store without a list — big mistake! We have meat in the freezer but the trick is to think ahead and thaw something out in time for lunch. I’ve done some ironing this afternoon and took a cat nap. Late night ball games are catching up with me!

Ceejay, Bob mowed this afternoon, said it was time again when the little birds are hidden in the grass. We still have Orioles coming but haven’t seen a hummingbird for a couple days. The butterflies like the red juice, and the hummingbirds now seem to prefer the flowers. Your bil is a trooper! I can’t imagine sitting still for that long with an IV hook up. Is he still working or retired? Hope everything goes well for him. We are supposed to get some rain also.

Time to dream up something for supper. Enjoy your evening!